It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 years old boy with higher IQ than Einstein developing his own theory of relativity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by unityemissions
Total burnout by 19 and dead before 30....

I know what you mean, but I don't think so. Mainly because he's doing what he loves. Some kids are into video games. He gets a charge out of math and physics.

I think he'll be fine. It's awesome his parents were able to recognize his gifts and position him to be able to utilize them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
wow, really amazing.....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

Its not a DISEASE...its a DISORDER.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This kiddo is amazing (as far as I know). Thank you so much for sharing with the rest of us.

All of ATS should view their youtube videos. I love the video where his mom posted the question he asked her (while she was watching Ellen!) He will be on Ellen before you know it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by unityemissions
Total burnout by 19 and dead before 30....

I know what you mean, but I don't think so. Mainly because he's doing what he loves. Some kids are into video games. He gets a charge out of math and physics.

I think he'll be fine. It's awesome his parents were able to recognize his gifts and position him to be able to utilize them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Well I do hope you're assessment is more accurate than my own.

It's VERY RARE that a child prodigy ends up becoming an adult genius. First off, the educational system itself stifles creative potential. It teaches a very black and white, right or wrong mindset...hopefully the kid is insightful enough to realize this and do his own thing, rather than being boxed in the slightest. Another thing to consider is how much attention he's currently receiving. IF he doesn't pan out with as high of academic marks as is expected by his peers, he may take this very badly.

That's just a couple reasons this could end up a not so good story in the future. There's many more. The truth seems to be that truly genius level intuitive leaps happen from those in which the authorities would never have given much a recommendation on.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

his parents are way ontop of things, see this link:
www.indystar.com...

and he is already in collage, where they are saying he will be doing his own thing next year. so, I think the kid will
be more than fine.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostinshell

exactly he is already in "Collage" ever hear that song " Institution" by Suicidal tendencies??

unityemissions is right on our schooling and societial structure here in the U.S. is a disgrace only shadowed by the dark ages.

heres a quote from the song if you cant handle PUNK.

So you're gonna be institutionalized. You'll come out brainwashed with bloodshot eyes. You won't have anything to say. They'll brainwash you until you see their way. I'm not crazy - IN AN INSTITUTION!!! You're the one that's crazy - IN AN INSTITUTION!!! You're driving me crazy - IN AN INSTITUTION!!! They stuck me in an institution, Said it was the only solution To give me the needed professional help to protect me from the enemy, myself.

edit on 3/24/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
When he was three he corrected someone giving a speech at a planetarium. lol.

I just finished reading up on him and watching the videos, nothing else to say other than this kid has the potential to completely change the scientific landscape.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

It teaches a very black and white, right or wrong mindset...hopefully the kid is insightful enough to realize this and do his own thing, rather than being boxed in the slightest. Another thing to consider is how much attention he's currently receiving. IF he doesn't pan out with as high of academic marks as is expected by his peers, he may take this very badly.4

They want to give this kid his own space at the University and grant money with it. He doesn't have to worry about what you are saying. He is PhD level. They don't even want him doing studies now because his potential is better applied doing real science. As far as him being boxed in....

In this video he already questions something that isn't fully understood in science. I don't think anyone is going to be able to tell this kid how to think, he is a master of numbers and it seems he doesn't like it when numbers don't make sense.

edit on 24-3-2011 by boncho because: +info

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
At 5:18, he said he was going to simplify the equation. He lied: I still have no idea what he is talking about.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
God Bless this child. I hope he brings a better understanding to humanity.
I also hope that he is reared slow enough so that he can deal with everything thrown at him.
S&f for this article and inspiration.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

It would be awesome to have a boy genius cure cancer or anything to prolong life, but bill gates or someone will buy his parents and him, and we will never know what could be, but who knows with all the radiation thats being emmited world wide, he probably become dumber than a post....Good post, maybe theres hope for us after all!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

There is more to the world then can be expressed in any language including mathematics, and off course this.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy" Mr shakes spears.

Anyways cool chese, hopefully if he utilizes his IQ, then he can come up with a even greater invention then sliced bread. But since he is a math wizz he probably is going to go into banking, or end up with a huge head and ego from all the praise he is getting for doing calculations.
If you read this, stay away from the dark side kid.
May the force be with you.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Really incredible. What i'd give to be able to comprehend things like that.

off topic @ziggyproduction, you avatar made me smile. Such a crazy film
I hope we find the land of whistling aliens soon.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003
Sensational, it's people like this who should be on footballers wages. The people who can really make a difference.

If you were willing to pay $250 for a cheap seat to watch this kid write his equations, he would be. But as long as think the Big Unit is mopre fun to watch, he'll be getting a larger salary.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
This kid is going to be a a prodigy.

this kid is already a prodigy.

2nd

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

Originally posted by innervision0730
This kid is going to be a a prodigy.

this kid is already a prodigy.

2nd

I hope hes not taking any "meds" for this made up disorder called "aspergers" or he'll most likely be a vegetable by the time hes 30
honestly i really hope he' not...this kid has the potential to do unprecedented things and I feel any medication he is on will only hinder his ability.
edit on 24-3-2011 by djtek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Bout time...quick, someone get some blood samples for gene therapys.

oh, and get this kid hooked on star trek...make his desire focused on solving interstellar travel...or at least make some brilliant sci-fi movies...

Hopefully he is as focused in his mid 20s as he is now...intelligence not tempered by wisdom tends to make a lot of foolish mistakes. Einstein was very intelligent, however he had the bonus of wisdom to truely push his focus and desire..knowing what to challenge and when to move away to problems that are unsolvable to try and make a real change within his life...then spend the last of his days working on the enigma's when he was basically done giving to the world.

But ya, good to hear we can still occasionally pop out a smart one..lets hope he does something constructive (there are many genius's around actually, but being a genius doesn't automatically mean you will somehow contribute to society in any meaningful way.)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I hope I am wrong, but he will end up falling under a bus or some crap, unless the military recruits his knowledge

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This little boys ideas will take us to far off earth like worlds

edit on 24-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join