It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Time "Unknowns"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

If you can show how the video in the OP is birds then please do. Thanks for the first post in two days in this strangely
ignored thread where 99% of the ATSers' think this is footage of two unidentifides for reasons above.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I need to watch this a few more times, they do look a lot like UFO's, but if you notice their flight characteristics there seems to be a pecking order of some intelligence, kinda like the lead (whatever) was being dominant over the other, it would slow and somewhat herd the object behind. After changing direction it looks like the object from behind took lead? Looking at it from that POV I would say birds. I'll watch it more tomorrow, cool vid none the less, a little more clarity would have been nice.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Overtime

these are like the lights we seen in Avebury UK in '97, there were more though, and all intelligent to each other, like these, they looked like they were playing, moving in formations and zooming around the sky, often really fast, faster than any known human made craft ever could and covering large areas of sky, they also seemed aware of us and zoomed down, almost hovering, though 'focused' directly at us, can only explain it as if rabbit in headlights but sort of feeling totally connected and almost euphoric, like feeling at one, being home, as if belonging to their light and 'magnetism'.

awesome video and great find, sometimes wondered if anyone ever believes when described this to them.

s&f

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Yeah, that's looks exactly like what their doing. It's like watching to kids on a playground play tag. I've never heard anyone say that aliens didn't have a sense of humor and weren't playful, so who knows.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Overtime
www.youtube.com...

I stumbled upon this video which at about a minute in shows two unknown objects for about 2 minutes.

If this has been discussed before, I couldn't find anything on ATS about "Dundee UFO'S" by Gary McDaid.

I can't explain them away as known air/space craft or satellites. Pretty wild video to me but I've been wrong before.

Further investigation reveals that this was filmed in UK.

I will be surprised if this isn't the real deal.
edit on 1/18/2011 by Overtime because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/18/2011 by Overtime because: addition

edit on 1/18/2011 by Overtime because: (no reason given)

We are going off-topic here, but yet within the bounds of a discussion of how things appear to operate in the skies above us when what we see is not so straightforward.

Today, anything can be faked. But I find this an very interesting video with two imporant aspects. First, the various changes of courses, the two objects undertake, and second, the way the one dogs the other much as a fighter jet would follow and harass an interloper into its airspace. The back guy seems to be having a bit of fun in the "attack" runs up to the first ship. Since both apparent sizes seem to be the same, we can perhaps accept that they are identical craft (co-friendly) and not one trying to actually chase or intimidate the other, different style of craft..

Most noteably, is that they are either above the nighttime Earth (from the camera's positon) and in the sunlight or they are both lighted with the near-same intensity and quite a bit lower in the atmosphere.

One other aspect that is quite interesting is the ability of the rear object to instantly speed up or slow down in relation to the staid velocity of the other. Given that they MUST be some distance away from the camera, those changes of velocity suggest exotic craft such as genuine UFOs or our mass-less triangles. Jets just can't do that.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Those UFOs look actually very similar to what i saw during my early teens or late childhood.
I first thought they were satellites, but then noticed how they suddenly changed direction and speed.
Never found out what they were and never saw it again.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Thanks for checking it out for me Aliensun. And again if Mods could edit my OP to " Shows two objects for over 7 minutes" not two minutes it would be great. Thats a big difference and was a mistake on my part.

And Nighttime is one word not two

edit on 1/23/2011 by Overtime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Interesting Juleo, was that in UK or US?

My sighting was day time 3 black pbjects making eratic movements such as spiraling down to a stop above trees from at least a thousand feet.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KDM_Souljah

You mean RAF Leuchars.

www.raf.mod.uk...

Why do you think that they are scrambling in the middle of the night? RAF Leuchars and RAF Coningsby hold the Northern and Southern Quick Reaction Alert duty for air defence of the UK.

www.thecourier.co.uk...

www.thecourier.co.uk...

Blame the Russians for sending down strategic bombers and maritime patrol aircraft at silly o'clock in the morning to cruise over the North Sea.

TJ

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It could very well be birds. Obviously different species fly and interact in different ways. For example Swans and Geese pair bond and do fly at night. The interaction could simply be a pair of Geese or Swans flying at night?

Obviously some people see them differently? The other video was created in reaction to 'Space ship' video.

TJ

edit on 26-1-2011 by tommyjo because: correcting malformed vid link

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread652733/pg3#pid10426404]post by tommyjo[/urli]

After watching many night vision bird videos, I don't think this is birds.

1st of all I can't see any wings flapping.
2Nd, These objects don't go in just one direction and they stop.
3rd, they don't move like birds as they go towards each other and away as they move over and over rhythmically.
edit on 2/3/2011 by Overtime because: Added 3rd

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoangkongfuey
Interesting video, I think it could be birds...but then again, birds usually travel in one direction. I never seen birds changing directions so many times. Any other thoughts?

Well it could be birds... Night Hawks hunt in pairs and would account for the motion seen in that video.

He has many more UFO videos

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Summer time last year there was a well advertised meteor storm that ocurred around late July.It was meant to happen mainly in the early hours so around 12am me and the wife suprised the kids late that night (them being on summer school break) with a trip down the road to the local park.

Well we watched the skies on a beautiful clear night, ate some snacks and drank some hot tea, all the while staring skyward.

We got quite a show with many streaking meteor entries and a few taxiing planes for the airport several miles away.

But all four of us observed what can be seen in the op's video, they were much higher than the planes and not the same colour or trajectory as the meteors, I at first proclaimed sattelites but their behavior was not as an orbit.
We watched around four of these (stars) move left and right etc and were truely baffled.
edit on 13-3-2011 by macdad1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is a very good U.F.O video showing clearly IMO alien craft.
There is no other rational explanation other than these are intelligently controlled craft.
They cant be flown be humans as humans cant fly with such coordination and any conventional aircraft would be audible given the existence of jet engines.
It isnt birds thats for sure as birds as these objects show completely different aerodynamical charectoristics thatn birds.
Birds do not fly like that,they dont keep breaking up and reforming whilst keeping a steady distance between the two.

If you think this is birds then youve never seen birds fly.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overtime
reply to post by JustCurious1

Very good explanation JC. My opinion after comparing the vids the objects in question go towards eachother and then away (while moving along) too fast and covering more distance than would be possible for birds.

Just my opinion, but good thinking.

How can you tell how far from the camera they were, how fast they were going and how far they travelled?

I'd be really interested to hear your explanation.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeresHowItGoes
This is a very good U.F.O video showing clearly IMO alien craft.

In your opinion.

There is no other rational explanation other than these are intelligently controlled craft.

There are lots of other rational explanations. The primary one being that they were birds.

They cant be flown be humans as humans cant fly with such coordination and any conventional aircraft would be audible given the existence of jet engines.

A logical fallacy: human vehicles cannot perform the same manoevers as birds therefore these cannot be birds because there was no jet noise. Stop and think about what you just said for a moment.

It isnt birds thats for sure as birds as these objects show completely different aerodynamical charectoristics thatn birds.

They show exactly the same aerodynamical characteristics as birds. Try to spell 'characteristics' correctly and you might garner more credibility.

Birds do not fly like that,they dont keep breaking up and reforming whilst keeping a steady distance between the two.

Yes they do. Accept it.

If you think this is birds then youve never seen birds fly.

I have seen birds fly. These are birds, no matter how much you want them to be anything else.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MeTS 1965

One of the probs with calling these birds is the fact that towards the end they stop. We will agree to disagree.

And no I cannot know for sure distances and speed but if you watch the whole 8 minutes you might see something more.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
the following video reminds me of what we saw in night time unknowns

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HeresHowItGoes

Thanks, those things were bookin!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
A year later, looks like this case got off lightly - but it's always good to pull up. I wonder if the ignorance of being sure they are birds has worn off yet or not?

The facts: The OP video by Mr McDaid and his son was made with good intentions. Dundee, the Scottish coast and Highlands are one big hotspot for UFO activity. People have witnessed these kind of "craft" across the UK doing all sorts of manouvers that differ from conventional satellites, many times without the need for night vision equipment. In all cases it's been apparent to the viewer they are not watching birds. Remove this video and you are left with all the NON-NIGHT VISION sightings that describe THESE objects, so unless birds glow at night... Testament to so many encounters and visual reports and sightings not just here but across the globe some will still stand wholeheartedly by:

The theories: Birds, because they look a bit like it in the video when compared to another video.

Can you see how things stack up here, can you see where the ignorance really lies? Why do people base their opinion on the thoughts they're having in the 20 second time period of them reading this thread and flitting through a few YT videos, and do not apply the year on year facts, figures, witnesses and video evidence when it's right in front of them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join