It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is masturbation a sin?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by lektrofellon
There is not enough room in hell for every man that ever walked the earth!

Are you sure about that?

Right now there are 7.1 billion people on the Earth and all of them could fit side by side within the city limits of Jacksonville, Florida.

Omg, so wait...hell wouldn't have to be *that* big to fit us all?! That is a total convincer.......

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Are you sure about that? Right now there are 7.1 billion people on the Earth and all of them could fit side by side within the city limits of Jacksonville, Florida.

So lets say hell does exist,and stroking the weasel is indeed a sin,that would mean what? all men go to hell?
edit on 13/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

Would you really want to know the answer if someone told you the correct one?

Would you go to hell? If you dont believe in GOD, then quite possibly so. If you do, then you have him on your side. What father would destroy his children for doing wrong if they loved him in return? Its those that donot count themselves loyal, or relative to GOD. I guess in the same manner of... You dont believe in me.. I dont believe in you. I cant give you the perfect answer because I dont know. Murder is a sin, but you refrain well enough from commiting those acts... Some dont.

There are alot of valid reasons that such things were held as law. Everything has a purpose. Wether or not you choose to use that purpose for what it was meant, is intirely up to you. Believe it or not, not all virgins are so because it's they just couldnt get any... Some are actually fighting those urdges to do by what they believe is right and for a proper purpose. No one has the right to take that away from them.

If one is serious about such topics, then ask. If it's for idiocy and mockery, what good is it but childishness?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I really can not see it being a sin...

The simple fact is that private solo masturbation is permitted. And if we reject it as a sin, when it is not, we go against the will of God, Who gave it to us as a gift for our benefit and enjoyment.

"For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be
rejected if it is received with thanksgiving;" (1 Timothy 4:4 RSV)

Check it! patriot.net...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

The way i look at it, is no one is perfect and masturbating is the worst sin you do. A man needs to get rid of that energy and its important.

Whether it is a sin or not, i think its just a necessary part of being human.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

"For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving;" (1 Timothy 4:4 RSV)

Disease
Floods
Earthquakes
Volcanoes
Hurricanes
Tsunamis
Wasps

Thanks god,your the best!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

"For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving;" (1 Timothy 4:4 RSV)

Disease
Floods
Earthquakes
Volcanoes
Hurricanes
Tsunamis
Wasps

God's creating work ended on day 6. Everything we experience today is a result of the fall. Let me fix your last statement:

"Thanks god,your the best!
"

Thanks satan, you're the best!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Thnks man,is bad grammar a sin too?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm sinning almost daily, and given that I also have premarital sex, I'm pretty sure I'll end up in hell. Of course the bible is a fictional work and no one has ever proven the god/devil to exist, so I"m not worried at all. Worst case, all the cool people end up in hell, and I'll meet them. All the boring people will go to heaven.

The only thing that worries me is that the Christian fundamentalists will end up in hell too, and I really don't want them there. Have to ask the devil to put those nutjobs in isolation. Yes, if you're in hell, you probably deserve to suffer a bit...but putting you in the same room as religious fundamentalists is beyond cruel, their nonsense can melt brains in minutes

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
If any christian is still a christian after reading these websites, I've done all I could.

Contradictions

Biblical Absurdities

Biblical Atrocities

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Evil Bible

It's all nonsense.
edit on 1/12/2011 by Condemned0625 because: (no reason given)

The Bible is noteworthy only because of the morals it provides which help the individual to live an ethical life. I could care less about the truth of events. Once you can see the Bible, at the very least, for its morals, and agree that maybe yes those morals could create a better human experience, then you got the message, and you are a Christian-in spirit. At least, that's what I think from what I've read of the new testament. I could care less about old covenants of the old testament, especially when they have been rebuked by the God who had instated them in the first place.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

That is true,think of the great live shows in hell:

Kurt Cobain
Jim Morrison
Johnny Cash
Elvis
John Bonham
Easy-E
2-Pac
Biggie
Jimi Hendrix
Keith Moon
John Lennon
Dimebag Darrell
Cliff Burton

Now whos gonna be playing in heaven:

Cliff Richard
(Not dead yet but shouldn't be long)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Thnks man,is bad grammar a sin too?

Not at all, most likely it means you went to a public school.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

That is true,think of the great live shows in hell:

Kurt Cobain
Jim Morrison
Johnny Cash
Elvis
John Bonham
Easy-E
2-Pac
Biggie
Jimi Hendrix
Keith Moon
John Lennon
Dimebag Darrell
Cliff Burton

Now whos gonna be playing in heaven:

Cliff Richard
(Not dead yet but shouldn't be long)

AHAHAHA, I will continue to do everything I possibly can to end up in hell. Someone give me a baby seal I can kill on my deadbed just so I'm safe from bloody Cliff Richards

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this is a silly topic and one that's been discussed (or variations of it) several times on ATS before.

There is no scientific proof or evidence in the slightest that indicates whether God exists.

As far as I know, it's not mentioned anywhere in the Bible that Masturbation is a sin, the OP has just taken quotes and put a personal interpretation on them.

No disrespect but I genuinely feel sorry for anyone who doesn't masturbate because they believe it's a sin.

Come one guys and girls, get sinning!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Only an absolute idiot would believe that masturbation is a sin. This is the exact reason why i am NOT religious. Ludicrous.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
Only an absolute idiot would believe that masturbation is a sin. This is the exact reason why i am NOT religious. Ludicrous.

Also means you get to eat shrimp, as doing so as a Christian is an abomination

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Wrong, doing so as a Jew is.

Shrimp are quite tasty.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Shrimp are quite tasty.

But of course you can still use the old testament to explain how the world was created, right? So you get to cherry pick the parts you like, and abandon the parts you don't like...like not being allowed to eat shrimp.

Seems perfectly logical

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

The way i look at it, is no one is perfect and masturbating is the worst sin you do. A man needs to get rid of that energy and its important.

Whether it is a sin or not, i think its just a necessary part of being human.

andy, you're spot on! I actually dread to think of what world we would live in if there was no such thing as masturbation. People would be pent up angry the whole time... People need to do it to release all the energy, and some even use it to help them sleep! It has so many benefits, I couldn't believe for a minute that it is wrong to do.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Shrimp are quite tasty.

But of course you can still use the old testament to explain how the world was created, right? So you get to cherry pick the parts you like, and abandon the parts you don't like...like not being allowed to eat shrimp.

Seems perfectly logical

What does eating shrimp got to do with Christianity?

You guys really tickle the hell out of me. Not only does it seem that each responce gets to an all time childish low as they stack up, but it's very obvious that the reason for ignorance is the simple lack of understanding that what you hate...

There is nothing that says that christians are not alowed to eat shrimp.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Wow, your ignorance to the bible is astounding.

1. Christians do not operate under the old covenant. Judaism does. Christians do not operate under the Mosaic law, Talmudic Judaism does.

2. Neither the creation of the Earth, nor the OT prophesies have anything to do with the Mosaic Law or the old covenant.

3. Christianity operates under the new covenant with God through Christ. Kinda why we are called "Christians".

edit on 13-1-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join