It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is masturbation a sin?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

This is why this nation is going to Hell. Christ said it would be like the days of Noah when the world would end. I think it's fast approaching. I just hope you find Christ and repent before it's too late.

Best start collecting two of every animal then, because thats all we will need, for them to survive!

edit on 12/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
On a side note...

Does anyone else think that sex being a religious taboo is mainly due to the texts being written by jealous old men bitter because they couldn't get any?

Just curious

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You have an alien as your avatar yet you claim to be christian.......I'm confused.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's a sin except for one day a year.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Which Christ Your version of Him? Phelps version of him? The Mormon Version of him? The Christian Scientist version of him? The evangelicals version of him? The greek orthodox version of him?
Which Jesus of the thousands of Jesus's must I choose?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's only a sin
if your mom catches you.

10 minutes self-abuse in a comfortable armchair....
"I'll take that punishment honorable judge"

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
It's only a sin
if your mom catches you.

Or your grandparents....

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Tin foil hats are a sin!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Those who fashion a helmet made of the foil of tin shall be taken out to the city gate and stoned to death
for they are an abomination unto your lord.
AngryLordicus- 18:12

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Doesn't God say: enjoy you're life anyway you can somewhere? Even if the words are not in the right place, and the words are everywhere in the book, it stands in it, so you don't commit a sin.

It is even needed that you do it, so you don't get dead sperm and it stays fit/new.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Naradia

No the bible pretty much frowns on any type of joy or human expression.
You must be thinking of this God.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06a5ddf8fa0e.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 12-1-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
well, god hasn't been a$$'d to do anything for 2000 years, so you know what, i'm just gonna go ahead and do what the hell i want.
if i'm destined to burn in hell for acting out on biological urges that god gave me, i'll be debating that at the pearly gates...
edit on 12-1-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Ohh .. MERCY.. That gal is Hot.. OFF i go to commit more Sin.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

i hope this is meant as a joke, because offering me salvation from a fictitious book character isn't much help.

its like me saying i hope you find gandalf the white wizard before you die. only gandalf can redeem your soul!

the world is what we make of it, and your sin, is my stock and trade!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
• I've had both Christian and Islamic teachers tell me that masturbation should be avoided unless it will keep you from committing fornication or adultery.

• If masturbation or spilling/wasting semen is a sin, then what would be the deal with sleeping nocturnal emissions a.k.a. "wet dreams?" These types of things are beyond our control and occur naturally... things that occur naturally are God's doing... correct? So why is spilling/wasting semen a sin when God gave us the possibility to waste semen in our unconscious sleeping hours?

• Beyond mere Command, Decree, Law, Doctrine, or Dogma... why is masturbation a sin? What are the harmful ramifications of masturbation to one's self and/or society?

I have seen a few threads discussing celibacy and it's spiritual benefit only to be destined to the 404 pile. Is there some conspiracy with celibacy and sexual magic, or do those threads keeping breaching the T&Cs? From my observations of those 404'd threads I didn't see any immaturity or vulgarity to warrant any 404s. Does celibacy increase enlightenment and spiritual power? Could this be the reason for classifying masturbation as a sin?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
If I had more time at the moment, I would elaborate more on some of what is taught in the following link:

Sacred-Sex Topics: Masturbation

Although for now, let's understand–in the context of what is within the above link–that the cure for both indulgence and suppression, is Transmutation (Transmutation is achieved through Chaste Sexual Magic and/or Pranayama).

edit on 13-1-2011 by Tamahu because: edited link

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

edit on 13-1-2011 by Lysergic because: bad lys

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

The verse in Genesis isn't about masturbation, it's about not giving a son to a dead brother's wife. if someone could masturbate without thinking of women then it wouldn't be sin. But I can't foresee someone doing the act without lusting in their heart for someone else.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon

This is why this nation is going to Hell. Christ said it would be like the days of Noah when the world would end. I think it's fast approaching. I just hope you find Christ and repent before it's too late.

Best start collecting two of every animal then, because thats all we will need, for them to survive!

If Noah himself never collected 'two of every animal', then why do you suggest the OP do the same?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join