It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is masturbation a sin?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
There is not enough room in hell for every man that ever walked the earth!

Are you sure about that?

Right now there are 7.1 billion people on the Earth and all of them could fit side by side within the city limits of Jacksonville, Florida.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

reply to post by freedish

Probably, but there is no sin that can't be forgiven except for blasphemy I think.

Jesus christ! im f#cked then!

Relax, it's impossible today to commit the "unforgivable" sin. You would need to have Christ in front of you, preform miracles, and attribute His miracles to the power of satan.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Yes.

And God hates you for it.

My personal opinion is that Jesus's teaching about lusting after a woman being as serious as adultery is itself immoral. Sexual desire is natural and it is obscenely hypocritical for God to demand that we be fruitful and multiply without lusting after the opposite sex.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well it feels really good.... so i'm guessing It's a sin.

Although there is only wrong and right, no sins.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
reply to post by okamitengu

This is why this nation is going to Hell. Christ said it would be like the days of Noah when the world would end. I think it's fast approaching. I just hope you find Christ and repent before it's too late.

The Lord was not talking about sin, He was talking about angels interbreeding with mankind. God didn't necessarily send the flood because of sin, sin has always been present. It was because there was Nephillim in the land. One cannot understand most of the OT and the reasons God instructed Joshua to kill everything that had breath unless one understands who the Rephaim were.

Noah wasn't "perfect" because he had no sin, Noah was a drunk. But the Bible says Noah was "perfect in his generations", meaning an undefiled bloodline/DNA. Daniel will also say the same thing about the time of the end.

Daniel 2:43 "And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay."

Nephilim Genetic Hybrids 1-6 Chuck Missler

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Are you sure about that? Right now there are 7.1 billion people on the Earth and all of them could fit side by side within the city limits of Jacksonville, Florida.

So lets say hell does exist,and stroking the weasel is indeed a sin,that would mean what? all men go to hell?
edit on 13/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

If Noah himself never collected 'two of every animal', then why do you suggest the OP do the same?

dont know what you mean by this,the OP was quoting the bible,i have just pointed out one of the many flaws in this book!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Are you sure about that? Right now there are 7.1 billion people on the Earth and all of them could fit side by side within the city limits of Jacksonville, Florida.

So lets say hell does exist,and stroking the weasel is indeed a sin,that would mean what? all men go to hell?

Most will. Not for weasel stroking, but for refusing a free pardon offered by God through His Son.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

If Noah himself never collected 'two of every animal', then why do you suggest the OP do the same?

dont know what you mean by this,the OP was quoting the bible,i have just pointed out one of the many flaws in this book!

The only thing you pointed out by that quote was your ignorance to the Bible.

It never states Noah was instructed to bring 'two of every animal' onto the ark.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

It never states Noah was instructed to bring 'two of every animal' onto the ark.

Forgive my ignorance,could you enlighten me to exactly what it says then!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Forgive my ignorance,could you enlighten me to exactly what it says then!

Sure, it says noah was instructed to bring two of every "kind" of animal. biologists do not use this terminology today, it was a term in 1611 when the KJB was written. But look at it simply this way:

Out of all the different variations of dog on the Earth, Noah was instructed to bring one breeding pair. Out of all the horses/zebra etc Noah was instructed to bring one breeding pair. And so on and so on.

Skeptics will purposely misquote that verse in Genesis to show how absurd it would be to think there would be enough room on the ark for every single different variation of animal on the Earth. Which it would be. Based on the proportions given in the Bible the ark would have the same storage space as 650 railroad cars. Or in other words, 100,000+ pairs of animals the size of sheep could fit on the ark.

edit on 13-1-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
Is masturbation a sin? Christ said:

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. -Matthew 5:28 KJV

I do not look at females, and i am still a man who needs to release his energy. Releasing that energy is good for males, does not mean it has anything to do with females.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Out of all the different variations of dog on the Earth, Noah was instructed to bring one breeding pair. Out of all the horses/zebra etc Noah was instructed to bring one breeding pair. And so on and so on.

Thats fine but i was referring to inbreeding,an entire species could not survive from breeding just two animals!

Inbreeding is a condition when genetically similar individuals in a population breed with each other and overtime individuals of the population become even more similar to each other. The population suffers from a loss of genetic diversity. This can lead to adverse conditions that result from inbreeding (inbreeding depression) such as muscle degeneration (observed in humans), low sperm count and quality, inability to fight some infections (lowered immunity) etc. However, it need not always be the case that if related individuals breed, their offspring will always be at risk. The probability is that the risk will increase with inbreeding. In a small population, the chance of mating with related individuals increases and this leads to inbreeding effects. It's like having one box with a hundred marbles of different colours, say 10 red, 10 blue, 50 green and 30 yellow. Another box has only 10 red, 30 green and 10 yellow. Now if you close your eyes and pick two marbles from box one and 2 from box two, you are more likely to get different colours from the first box but two of the same colour (perhaps green) from the second box. Similarly, the chances of mixing with similar individuals also increase with a drop in population

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Some animals were brought in by seven don't forget.... not all were pairs.... they needed food on the trip, obviously.

Clean and unclean.... yadda yadda.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I dont know with you dude, but growing up in Catholic family and studying in a Catholic School I was taught that the reason Jesus Christ died on the cross is to SAVE MANKIND and FREE US FROM SIN...

Dont want to be philisophical here but I guess it simply means THERE IS NO SIN anymore otherwise Jesus would have sacrificed His life for nothing isnt it?

As a Catholic I guess what you should do is to simply follow the new Commandment Jesus gave to us and His disciples during the Last Supper and that is...

John 15:9-12
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

hope this would take the guilt feeling you have in you chest....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Also if all them disgusting paedo catholic priests decided to strangle the hamster once in awhile maybe they would have left those poor children alone! Just Sayin!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
My personal opinion is that Jesus's teaching about lusting after a woman being as serious as adultery is itself immoral. Sexual desire is natural and it is obscenely hypocritical for God to demand that we be fruitful and multiply without lusting after the opposite sex.

Oh, come on, Titen, I think that you know your Bible better than that. Lust is not love, which is what God wants us to do. Lust is a desire that borders on animalistic, which removes the "person" from the equation and replaces them with an object. It is not admirable, in any way.

Secondly, Christ didn't say "wanting a woman" (or man) is bad, what he said was "lusting after a married woman is no better than actually sleeping with her". The "why" of that is key, because it points to the nature of the crime of adultery, which is a violation of trust, respect and honour. You are to love your neighbour, but how can you love him if you are sleeping with his wife? And Christ tightens that by saying "how can you love your neighbour if you aspire to sleep with his wife?"

Religion aside, if we lived in a truly barbaric society, where honour and respect had no place, and all that mattered was self pleasure and biological reproduction, sentiments such as you opine would be reasonable. But even in a completely atheistic civilization which expected its members to be respectful of others and their relationships, Christ's words would have meaning.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Some animals were brought in by seven don't forget.... not all were pairs.... they needed food on the trip, obviously.

Clean and unclean.... yadda yadda.

They had 120 years to pack food on the ship.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
If any christian is still a christian after reading these websites, I've done all I could.

Contradictions

Biblical Absurdities

Biblical Atrocities

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Evil Bible

It's all nonsense.
edit on 1/12/2011 by Condemned0625 because: (no reason given)

It might help if there were any real basis to these topics. The information is just as foggy as the missinterpitations it trys to lead you to believe.

Sorry. Didnt help. But would be more than happy to speak about any topics of the sort you wish to bring up on the matter. I'm certain I can clarify much of it for you.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Prokopio

You have t understand the Bible speaks of "Salvation" in the past, present, and future tenses. Any born again person can say this:

"I have been saved, I am being saved, and I will be saved."

It's called the "3 Ps of salvation" in seminary.

1. We have been saved from the PENALTY for sin. (Hell) by Christs sacrifice on the cross.

2. We are being saved from the POWER of sin in our lifetimes. By the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit.

3. We will be saved from the PRESENCE of sin in our bodies. When the Father gives us glorified bodies like Christ at the resurrection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join