It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows to strike if South holds planned live-fire drill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
The NK's have been the ones doing the provocation - sinkiing the SK ship with loss of 47 lives

If North Korea actually sunk that ship they would have been attacked.

What makes you think North Korea sunk that ship?

Israel needed the world to look at something else besides them attacking the Gaza flotilla. Gaza belongs to the Palestinians and Israel is only claiming it because they have Natural Gas rigs off the coast and are stealing it from the Palestinians.

There are some regimes in the Pacific mad at the United States and would want it fighting North Korea to punish it for the economic warfare being waged on countries by us.

We don't want our Marines kicked out of Okinawa because Japan is paying $2 Billion annually to support them. If they get kicked out and moved to Guam we will have to fund our Marines and we don't really have the money for it right now. Would we sink the South Korean ship to stir up the area to keep our Marines in Okinawa?

$2 Billion annually from Japan to support our military there is alot of money.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Pervius because: The empire needs to be funded

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Why do people think they sunk that ship?
Well because it makes complete sense.
They hate the South, the attack regularly including the recent shelling.
It is highly probable that it was North Korea.

Also stirring up trouble to keep our marines there is a huuge stretch. We don't really have a problem.
Japan just had a prime minister resign this year because he couldn't keep his promise of getting an American base off of a Japanese island. So I don't think we need to pull any crazy stunts like that.
edit on 17-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

North Korea should send 2 Christmas gifts to US - one for New York, another for Washington.

This post is absolutely sickening, you need to seek help.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien
South Korea wants to be attacked, so they can look like the victims and rally support for an invasion.

They HAVE been...

2 years ago Naval clash, in March the ship sinking and last month the island bombing..
Just ONE MORE ATTACK and NK is finished. Unless NK waits a few more months, then they are allowed another free-attack pass.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

See.. this is the kind of logic I hate.
Just made up non sense, your own version of the world.
It's not about world domination. Most of those bases are there for a reason.
Countries ask the U.S. to put bases in their countries in a lot of instances because it makes them feel safer.
If someone were to attack, they would also be attacking the U.S. so it's a deterrent, the U.S. benefit in other ways, place to deploy, allies, information, etc.

It's China and Russia's choice not to put bases around the world. Not that they couldn't do it.
Them not having bases everywhere wouldn't make them weaker if someone was trying to attack them.
No world domination attempts. Sorry.

Spoken like an American Brainless TV Box Zombie Who Listens to the propaganda by your own government how typical but not i am not surprised by your comments really.

Just made up non sense, your own version of the world.

Just made up non sense? really sorry but i have alot sources, to debunk your little reply

Countries ask the U.S. to put bases in their countries in a lot of instances because it makes them feel safer.

The people of the world against your own opinion NATO is a threat and has become a americas proxy military super power against russia.

Your Al-Qaeda threat doesn't exist my friend, yes terrorist groups do exist but not Al-Qaeda.

Sorry but it is about world domination and control.

To bad your showing ignorance on your reply.

Sorry Agent but he's totally right. For the most part, the only reason the US has those bases overseas is because the host nations asked for them, without their governments consent we wouldn't have the bases. Sorry If reality doesn't fit your delusional belief that the US is out to militarily take over the world. Also, the cold war is over

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by C130Fixr

wow!!!! You don;'t see defections, because anyone that tries is shot dead....duh....that is not sarcastic, that is what big and little Kim Do....

Jaden

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by plexus

If I was Kim or his son I would attack them.

These are provocative actions.

Imagine if China went to Cuba and held a military exercise, practicing how they would invade USA.

Honestly, I would attack.

And

I know US would attack Cuba also.

If China went to Cuba and held war games in Cuba or international waters around Cuba. And if I were the leader of the US I would sit back and watch. I would place submarine's and spy planes all around the area and learn about there equipment and stratagies. Then I would put the inteligence community to work figuring out what their weaknesses are, and began building pre plans in case we ever find ourselves in a war againts them.

I keep seeing the "If china did war games in cuba the US would attack". As a justification for NK attacking. Well Russia sent naval vessles and strategic bombers to Venezuela, as a show of strength directed at the US. I don't recall Washington shelling civilian targets in response to these actions.

I see alot of people with anti US views, I can respect someone else's opinion but it's hypocriticle to hate the US because of all the bad things our government does to innocent people around the world, and then justify another country's shelling of a civillian town destroying innocent people's home and lifes and taking of 4 lifes 2 of which were civillians.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

North Korea are so full of BS, they don't even know what they are saying or know that they are lying!

There is no way you could threaten to use Nukes if you have only tested two of them, very low yield ones as well.

They are planning on doing another TEST next Spring so clearly they have not mastered making the things yet.

I wouldn't start a cake making business if I didn't know the recipe for a fruit cake, durh!

Unless of course somebody gave them a few like China for instance?

Somebody needs to give them (NK) a serious slap round the face because the whole World is getting sick and tired of hearing them spout such BS and having childish tantrums, what a joke they are!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by plexus

Doubt it, they are just trying to see how far they can push us. When they do push that button they'll regret it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by oozyism

If Kim reads Sun Tzu's the Art of War, he would know you don't start wars you can't win.

I know the PRC seriously studies and follows Sun Tzu, hopefully they sent Kim a copy.
edit on 17/12/10 by MikeboydUS because: !

But if you had read that book you would know that it teaches them to attack at best opportunity, without the enemy even knowing you are attacking.

N-Korean plans are perfectly orchestrated.

Did South Korea see the previous attack coming?

Why not>?

Because they keep saying they will attack, but won't attack, until South Korea puts their guards down and thinks they are just talking, then out of the blues the North attacks.

Like the books says, deception.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rbilly001

It is unfortunate that you don't run US.

Remember what happened when USSR tried to put nukes in Cuba?

A Holocaust almost happened.

US is gonna put nukes in S-Korea soon.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
honestly i don't believe the US would back South Korea. Most likely it will abandon south korea. Now if you think I'm joking then look at our economic situation. I'm sure people would riot if they hear the US would go to another war because many are tired of war. We have over exhausted our selves militarily.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
radioactive weaponry that will radiate their land (with a half-life of 50,000 years)?

please do explain this.

It's called depleted uranium weaponry. I don't really care what most armchair warriors on here think about it either, because it is clearly a weapon that, when used on a large scale, turns an entire territory into a radiological wasteland. The side effects of depleted uranium use are well known to the US military, yet they have been using more and more of it in every conflict they've been involved in since Panama.

GogoVicMorrow-
Why do people think they sunk that ship?
Well because it makes complete sense.
They hate the South, the attack regularly including the recent shelling.
It is highly probable that it was North Korea.

"It makes complete sense" "It was highly probable"

It was a propaganda spin against North Korea. Pervius is right, if North Korea really did attack it then it would've been a clear cut case for war by Western standards. South Korea did not retaliate, and the West spent weeks making up various "explanations" for it. I remember distinctly that the US government and media were saying that it had to have been a WWII-era suicide torpedo-sub, and that's when I stopped paying attention to their garbage words. Now I see people on ATS showing me "evidence" of a rusted-out torpedo that has clear chalk-markings on it "proving" that it is North Korean? So bloody stupid that it is laughable that people believe this.

Also, the cold war is over

Pffft, maybe the cold war on TV. Yes, the Americans won it because Germans tore down the Berlin Wall, right?

I keep seeing the "If china did war games in cuba the US would attack". As a justification for NK attacking. Well Russia sent naval vessles and strategic bombers to Venezuela, as a show of strength directed at the US.

It is not a justification, it is a comparison.

And Russia did not carry out wargames with Venezuela with the intent to familiarize troops with how to attack and invade the Americans.

Also note that South Korea provoked the island shelling incident when they themselves shelled North Korean territorial waters. Just because it is water does not mean it can be targeted by another country, and it was clearly provocative.

I see alot of people with anti US views

Oh, so if we're not with you we're against you, is that it? Assessing American and American-incited provocation in the region is the reality; it is delusional to perceive the Americans as being some friendly, innocent player in Korean affairs.

justify another country's shelling of a civillian town destroying innocent people's home and lifes and taking of 4 lifes 2 of which were civillians.

I thought North Korea targeted the South Korean artillery base there, the same base where the earlier shelling came from and the same base that was involved in live-fire exercises with the Americans a week or two after.

honestly i don't believe the US would back South Korea. Most likely it will abandon south korea. Now if you think I'm joking then look at our economic situation. I'm sure people would riot if they hear the US would go to another war because many are tired of war. We have over exhausted our selves militarily.

They will not abandon Korea. The Americans have invested way too much there, and they have many troops deployed there already. They've been practicing war games and strategies with the South Korean military. This is all unlike Georgian, which assumed the US would support it against the Russians but the US did not even have a fraction of its influence there like it does in South Korea.

On top of that, South Korea is a major strategic position for American interests. If it falls to North Korea, then it will be in the Russian-Sino sphere of influence AND it will be a prime location against Japan. The fall of South Korea will put all American interests and influence in Asia in jeopardy.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I'm referring to the possibility of nuclear weapons proliferated from other neighboring countries and stockpiled by NK in secrecy..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by plexus
I'm sorry in advance if i offend anyone with my views.

Don't apologize for offending anyone with your opinions. You have a right to express them and others have a right to respond.

Offense is in the mind of the reader, blame cannot reasonably be apportioned unless offense was directly intended.

I don't think anything will happen with NK for a while.
One day it might, but it seems that 99% of the time they are all bite and no bark.

Neither side has anything to gain from a conflict right now.

But, that doesn't rule out acting from insanity or as a result of internal conflicts which we are not aware of. Personally, I think it's highly likely that the military are trying to gain power to prevent KJU from taking leadership. And that does make them more unstable. I still don't think it will result in a conflict any time soon.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I just saw an article that NK stated that if war breaks out it will be nuclear and not limited to the Korean peninsula. This could be one hell of an interesting couple of days. Probably just more saber rattling by the North, but only time will tell.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

sadly the American empire is falling. As the US decline I'm sure North Korea has no problems taking over the South.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
www.prisonplanet.com...

North Korea are so full of BS, they don't even know what they are saying or know that they are lying!

There is no way you could threaten to use Nukes if you have only tested two of them, very low yield ones as well.

They are planning on doing another TEST next Spring so clearly they have not mastered making the things yet.

I wouldn't start a cake making business if I didn't know the recipe for a fruit cake, durh!

Unless of course somebody gave them a few like China for instance?

Somebody needs to give them (NK) a serious slap round the face because the whole World is getting sick and tired of hearing them spout such BS and having childish tantrums, what a joke they are!

Yeah sure NK is full of bull#, Iran is full of bull#, Hitler was full of bull# too, or so people though - Russia and China have set these two up to be able to collapse the US like a pack of cards - if I were them this is exactly what I would do!

Super-EMP weapons

Last but not least, senior Russian EMP experts warned the EMP Commission that “brain drain” from Russia enabled North Korea to make what the Russians call “Super-EMP” weapons.11 According to Russian open sources, these are small, low-yield nuclear weapons that can generate extraordinarily powerful EMP fields, many times more powerful than the E1 EMP from a multi-megaton weapon.12 Both of North Korea’s nuclear weapons tests that produced low yield “fizzles” look very like what would be expected from a “Super-EMP” weapon. According to open source reporting, South Korean military intelligence claims North Korea is receiving Russian help developing “Super-EMP” weapons.13

Moreover, the EMP Commission discovered from its investigations that, as noted in the Commission’s unclassified Executive Report, “Certain types of relatively low-yield nuclear weapons can be employed to generate potentially catastrophic EMP effects over wide geographic areas, and designs for variants of such weapons may have been illicitly trafficked for a quarter-century.”14

On a related matter, Dr. Butt incorrectly asserts that “due to the fact that the super-EMP weapon will be directional, it is unlikely to effect a large part of the country.” In fact, a “Super-EMP” weapon can be designed to be directional (the more challenging design) or to cover broad area (the simpler design). The simplest design of a “Super-EMP” nuclear weapon, configured for broad area coverage, could generate extraordinarily high EMP fields over the entire contiguous United States.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
www.thespacereview.com...

link for above.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
NK usually talks without action and acts without talking.

So it's good they're barking about this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join