It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows to strike if South holds planned live-fire drill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

North Korea vows to strike if South holds planned live-fire drill

www.theg lobeandmail.com

North Korea warned South Korea to stop planned artillery drills on an island the North bombed last month, saying its retaliation for the manoeuvres would be even more intense than its original attack that killed four South Koreans.

South Korea has said it plans one-day, live-fire drills sometime between Saturday and Tuesday on Yeonpyeong Island, depending on weather and other factors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I'm sorry in advance if i offend anyone with my views.

Part of me just wishes that someone would get the ball rolling, I really just want to see North Korea and it's communist regime gone for good.

Another part of me understands the human tragedy that is more than likely to unfold in the coming months I guess we all have a price to pay for freedom.

Living in Australia i'm fairly cautious about things that happen in our region, Asia/Pacific. But somehow I don't feel that bad about what is going to happen to North Korea.

I guess China and Japan had better get ready for mass refugees, casualties and to receive some irradiated land.

Got to love the world we live in, proliferation of nuclear weapons in the wrong hands continues under our noses and we finally see the light but it's already too late.

www.theg lobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

If I was Kim or his son I would attack them.

These are provocative actions.

Imagine if China went to Cuba and held a military exercise, practicing how they would invade USA.

Honestly, I would attack.

And

I know US would attack Cuba also.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yeah I know it's provocative, I guess I just want something to happen... I just want North Korea to finally step up to the plate and confront the South head on.

Probably a morbid and sadistic view but really, it would probably benefit the larger countries in the region in the long run.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
To me this is all speculative. NK has been saber rattling for a long time now, and honestly i'm not convinced until the fat lady sings at this point. Talk is cheap. They don't like it let's see some force. Then it can be escalated appropriately from then on. I'm not sure if NK is really ignorant enough to think they have any weight to throw around in such a conflict or if they're just fronting.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
In other news...The European Union has developed the latest reusable energy project; scientifically converting the hot air that comes out of North Korea to use as energy to power cities!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
WOW!!!
THIS IS HUGE!
The south said if they were ever provoked again they would respond to the North with military action to the degree that they would be "incapable of attacking again"

*jumps out of a window*
edit on 17-12-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well I hate to point out the obvious, but regardless of live fire drills the North has never seemed to require an excuse to do ANY thing that it has been getting up to lately. " Ah HA! The South is taking a shipment of doghnuts! ATTACK! FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!" Seems to me that any old excuse will do... you know, day seems to have the letter Y in it, good a reason as any to flatten an island, smash a villiage , ruin a town completely.
I hope the South absolutely pound the North to dust if any moves are made as a reaction to this legitimate and utterly sensible live fire drill.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I would agree that the south has the right to do what it wants with it's teritory and the north needs toput up or shut up. It might get ugly but I think China and the US might just let them have a go for a few days. It's time to get it over with.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The NK's have been the ones doing the provocation - sinkiing the SK ship with loss of 47 lives, SK did nothing! - then the shelling of the Island, SK did nothing - huge loss of face for the leader - now he MUST respond to any attack by the NK's with severe force!

Nk's goal is too re-unite the peninsula - a 'sacred goal' for them, to do this they must cripple the US first as they have in fact stated many times - it will be total war!

The only way for them to accomplish this is via an EMP attack on the continental US 40 miles or so high - they have the technical capability to do this easily as do the Iranians.

Even if they do it openly - all they need to do is move thier military inside thier nuclear proof bunkers that they have spent the last 60 yrs hollowing out from thier granite mountains - enough to house and feed thier entire military for over a yr - meanwhile the US is back to the middle ages, 95% will die within a yr, no -one will be manning the subs or missiles, China simply takes the US, Nk takes SK, Russia sparks off a M.E war in the meantime, Israel destroys the Arab cities with its sampson option - the refugees flee across the Med to Europe and spark a Euro-wide civil war, Europe and the M.E will also be left de-populated and defenceless, Russia moves in and takes it all including the M.E - just in time for the ice-age onset that will render thier entire territory unliveable.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Then Why does not North Korea have the right to do what they wish in thyre territory? I do not agree with NK by any means, But why do we see NK as such a bad place? Have any of us been there? have we seen the "horrors" of lil Kim???? If it is so bad why do we not hear of defections by the thousands???? I just think its quite bullyish and provocative of South Korea to continue to push Kim. You keep pushing eventually he will punch you in the mouth. Then we will all be in here saying how bad of a dictator Kim is. Media and TPTB are the ones driving all this. If we are dumb enough to fall for it, then GO KIM!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

If Kim reads Sun Tzu's the Art of War, he would know you don't start wars you can't win.

I know the PRC seriously studies and follows Sun Tzu, hopefully they sent Kim a copy.
edit on 17/12/10 by MikeboydUS because: !

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by C130Fixr

It's a communist state, in the laws of history when has that ever benefited humanity?

I'll give you one of thousands of examples..

North Korean workers being forced to work in Russia where the vast majority of their pay is given back to the NK government, they have no lives.. constantly shrouded by NK secret service.. They are literally slaves to the existence of the most hypocritical of all political schemes.

LINK TO SOURCE

edit on 17-12-2010 by plexus because: additional information added

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

When you say get the ball rolling, I agree with you. It is going to happen eventually so why not now. The only sad thing that will come out of it is the mass casualties which could be something never seen in our time. It could be the tipping point for something much greater than a Korean war aswell.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

The North Korean army personal is roughly 1 million. They might not have updated weapons, but they will give a good fight. Definetly not push overs.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
With the sinking of the SK ship and the bombing of there island, it does sound like this might excel. If it does SK will have enough provocation. I did not read anything about what the people of SK think of all this.
If it does blow up that will be all the excuse needed to go in and and destroy there nuke capability. From that perspective alone it might be benifshal for this to finely happen.
In a way I think SK has show restraint not using military action with what has happened so far.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Did it say the U.S. would be involved in live fire drills?
How are their live fire drills on their land any different than North Korea testing nukes on their land (well actually NK's testing nukes is far more concerning and worthy of action against them)?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

North Korea should send 2 Christmas gifts to US - one for New York, another for Washington.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

What?!
If you are implying what I think you are both insane and an idiot.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

And maybe one nicely gift-wrapped for you and your family. If you're suggesting what I think you are then you are one seriously twisted individual. And if you aren't then just disregard this post entirely. But I am going to go with the belief that you feel NK should send a couple of nukes here to the US. What type of person hopes for the destruction of two cities and the death of millions? I am normally a very tolerable person and don't get too upset about what I read on here, but I found your post to be absolutely RETARDED. Maybe what you should do is get a job and become a productive member of society instead of living off of my dollar and the hard earned money of most others in this forum. Pathetic.
edit on 17-12-2010 by IamAbeliever because: nada

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join