It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows to strike if South holds planned live-fire drill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by hippomchippo

Didn't say that did I?

So why do you think they spend 51% of the worlds military budget if not for invasion on a mass scale at some point?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Nope sorry, I've shown nothing but understanding for how things work.
Source me up if you got them, I'd love to see them.

Excepting the countries we are at war with, or have bases in from being at war with in the past, any place we have a base allowed us to put it there.

I never said Al'qaeda was real did I? You just assumed that.
I don't believe in the terrorist threat, but I'm also not so ignorant as to think the U.S. is trying to take over the world because we have a lot of bases.

edit on 17-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I've been trained in foreign relations, political sciences, major contemporary ideologies, resistance and revolution strategies. I have been briefed on the realities of situations in many different countries that can be considered "communist", along with various rebel movements based on Marxism.

My training is along the same lines as counter-insurgency operator training, as has been said by my instructors anyways; and in order to be an effective counter-insurgency operative, then you need to know what insurgency is. Insurgency is a vague term to even describe revolutionary movements just like the Bolsheviks, or Zapatistas, or Mao's Communist Party. I've also studied the Marxist and Leninist scientific perceptions on society, on how empires work and maintain control (including population subversion and hostile or subversive invasions to expand empirical dominance). Globalism is also one of my focuses, along with the disparity and insurgency that it creates.

So you're telling me that I'm ignorant and I can't hold my ground? Because every single capitalist drone that's tried to put me in my place have ended up eating their words because their lame ass textbook arguments have so many holes in them that I can't help but shoot those fools down any chance I get, if not for the sake of progressive ideology than for my own self-satisfaction of showing a fool just how ignorant they really are, including you.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Uh.. I don't. You brought up that 51 percent non sense on your own. The person I was responding to said the end of NK would be a gateway to world domination by the U.S. That is what I disagreed with.

Not that the 51 percent is all that valid as the other two super powers are communist and reclusive and the current info includes 10 years of us spending on two wars.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Well you haven't shot me down, in fact, quite the opposite.
You can tell because you are going on defensive giving me your educational background and blah blahing.
You could tell me you are Fidel Castro himself and It still wouldn't make you anymore right.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Not that the 51 percent is all that valid as the other two super powers are communist and reclusive and the current info includes 10 years of us spending on two wars.

Again, you show your ignorance. Russia has not been communist since 1991. China has domestic communist policies while maintain a foreign market (otherwise they would be isolated, surrounded and cease to be an empire, kind of like North Korea).

Well you haven't shot me down, in fact, quite the opposite.
You can tell because you are going on defensive giving me your educational background and blah blahing.
You could tell me you are Fidel Castro himself and It still wouldn't make you anymore right.

It does not matter who I am. You do not know me by any of my physical characteristics, only by what I type and believe in. I am a voice among a crowd, and you are at the front of the crowd preaching to a few of us, so you better know what you're talking about if you want any reputation.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Which is why you are spending hours on ATS... counter insurgency operations.

Thank you for your continued service against the tin foil hat brigade.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Oops. I misspoke. Should have said they both were from communist ideology and Russia has had a hard time adapting to anything else. I was aware of this. So nope not showing any actual ignorance there.
Isn't it funny though that the two non communist parts of China are so much better than the rest?

Btw since you want to talk about knowledge on the subject I took Chinese history and several years of Mandarin in college. So I do know what I'm talking about. And yes the Chinese prefer a government like ours.
I talked about this extensively with my teachers. It can be seen in protests constantly.

Also my misstep of "two communist super powers" doesn't invalidate the theory.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Which is why you are spending hours on ATS... counter insurgency operations.

Thank you for your continued service against the tin foil hat brigade.

Salutations, brother

It doesn't pay much, but it has its benefits.

Also my misstep of "two communist super powers" doesn't invalidate the theory.

Everyone missteps every now and then, but some can't seem to help but stumble; that is, until they learn to not fear an open hand reaching out to hold them up, like Communism for instance

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Just so you know GogoVicMorrow Cubans are living just fine and are happy, even dispute the minor problems they might have, they still love there government.

They don't need McDonalds on every street on there beautiful Island, unless you want garbage in Cuba from McDonalds.

Or Black Friday.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Oh.. I guess they are just taking a row around the island in their bathtub boats and get blown off course when we find them off the coast of Florida.

It is true you don't have to be rich to be happy, but if you think that will make you happy, you can try. If Cubans want something more they don't have a chance outside of building a raft.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
LIVE FIRE DRILLS on the island are to take place this weekend.

#ROK Defense Ministry: Live-fire drill on Yeonpyeong will go ahead despite #DPRK threats.

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I doubt SK will heed their warnings.

Edit: Guess not lol ^
edit on 17-12-2010 by naraku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

This weekend - I was thinking Mon or Tues. Its going to be a tense weekend!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by C130Fixr

Then we will all be in here saying how bad of a dictator Kim is

Umm, I'm pretty sure 90% of the world is saying this now.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
North Korea, won't do anything else. Considering the weather forecast for this weekend if North Korea, attacked south Korea, it would be funny because the weather for this weekend over the peninsula near the front lines I would assume, is cloudy and cold. which means not being able to see helicopters raining rockets on your troops and fighters and bombers raining death all over your army's. Ya ya I know about radars and stuff But I am talking about on the fields of battle.

North Korea, is and will continue to talk tough sometimes small objects project big shadows in the light.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by C130Fixr
As I said before where are all the NK defectors???? Answer me that

your question is answered.

A growing number of highly placed North Koreans are defecting to South Korea. One North Korean, who says he was a Russian language interpreter in the North’s military, entered Russia illegally and applied for asylum through the office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees. Identified as Choi, the 41-year old said he wants "to bring about changes to the North Korean regime, which makes its people suffer."
source

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
radioactive weaponry that will radiate their land (with a half-life of 50,000 years)?

please do explain this.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
South Korea wants to be attacked, so they can look like the victims and rally support for an invasion.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
NK didn't do anything when South Korea and U.S. were doing exercises together nearby and NK threaten them but did nothing. Wouldn't surprise me if NK didn't do anything cause this time they just barely bend the line, they know they could cross it this time if they attack South Korea again.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join