It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Cool if I don't believe in God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It makes me look tough online and among my peers because well it's a fashion you know...

I wear it on my sleeve proudly even if I have never read the bible, All of my facts are true because I got them from someone else that sounded like they really knew what they were talking about. I never really formulated this opinion on my own but in fact it was fed to me.

Are you cool for not believing in God ?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Uh, no.. don't particularly care. I just don't believe in the Judeo-Christian god and don't particularly care who knows or doesn't. ?? What is this thread about?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Just wondering if there is a conspiracy in this question or the OP that I may have missed...
Since this is the Conspiracies in Religion forum and all...

edit on 14-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Which one?

No I am cool because I have a new Christmas hat

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Yes, the reason I am an atheist is so that I can look cool in front of my peers and strangers on the Internet. Hit the nail RIGHT on the head.

Great thread, buddy! Keep up the good work! You will be rewarded big time by the guy upstairs!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
What is this thread about?

it is about others (mainly teens) thinking they are cool because they do not have a God... no matter what god Satan for all I care but I am specifically targeting Atheists.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

It makes me look tough online and among my peers because well it's a fashion you know...

No, my dagger that's +3 versus orcs makes me took online "tough". My religious views have NOTHING to do with my online persona. And fashion? I wear jeans and combat boots... So you are way off base with that assessment.

I wear it on my sleeve proudly even if I have never read the bible, All of my facts are true because I got them from someone else that sounded like they really knew what they were talking about. I never really formulated this opinion on my own but in fact it was fed to me.

Read the Bible, studied science. A bit condescending to imply that only the uneducated might choose atheism, don't you think?

Painting with brushes this wide is only good for whitewashing. So whitewash away.

~Heff

Are you cool for believing in God ?
edit on 12/14/10 by Hefficide because: meh typo

link   

I do think that there is a fad going on right now in certain areas online, where it is considered not cool if you believe in a god.

Where it all started from I have no idea, but I have witnessed it as well.

Most especially amongst people in their twenties and younger it seems.

edit on 12/14/2010 by agent violet because: small grammatical fix

link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Just wondering if there is a conspiracy in this question or the OP that I may have missed...
Since this is the conspiracies forum and all...

every section of this site where related info is posted is tagged "conspiracy"

it's all how you look at it...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

How many of these threads are you going to start tonight? Please refrain from henceforth, as you are only underlining the cause of those against God in posting sarcasm... If you want anyone to actually listen to you,
then do it properly.
Why belittle those who may not believe as you do?
That is the essence of ATS, making people see how others think, and also it gives one a challenge in perfecting research skills and debate finesse.

If you truly think you will "convert" someone in an online forum, especially using snarky rudeness, you are dreaming-

I am a very devout Christian. There are very devout atheists here as well as Jews, Muslims, and agnostics.
Not to mention the scores of people who are into spiritualism of different types.

Enjoy the diversity- it brings much profound thought into one's world.

These tactics are reminiscent of door to door sales and no one answering the door when those two people are standing on the steps.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden

Yes, the reason I am an atheist is so that I can look cool in front of my peers and strangers on the Internet. Hit the nail RIGHT on the head.

Great thread, buddy! Keep up the good work! You will be rewarded big time by the guy upstairs!

which guy are you referring to ? good to know Atheist believe in god, upstairs or downstairs.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth

How many of these threads are you going to start tonight? Please refrain from henceforth, as you are only underlining the cause of those against God in posting sarcasm... If you want anyone to actually listen to you,
then do it properly.
That is the essence of ATS, making people see how others think, and also it gives one a challenge in perfecting research skills and debate finesse.

If you truly think you will "convert" someone in an online forum, especially using snarky rudeness, you are dreaming-

I am a very devout Christian. There are very devout atheists here as well as Jews, Muslims, and agnostics.
Not to mention the scores of people who are into spiritualism of different types.

These tactics are reminiscent of door to door sales and no one answering the door when those two people are standing on the steps.

where is the belittlement ? I am making a statement nothing more... I have a voice here since I registered here and I am not attacking anyone specially individuals, I am speaking of a group.

This has nothing to do with any evolution threads I may have been in or started today, and if you read thru those threads you will see there is no preaching going on.

just spreading the love.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I'll just address this part of the OP:

...I never really formulated this opinion on my own but in fact it was fed to me...

Relates to a lot of different faiths, wouldn't you agree? This is Not specific to Atheist teens, IMO
edit on 14-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm just cool.............................period.

link   

then do it properly.

Wow, I didn't interpret the OP's post like that at all. As you can see from my initial reply. I didn't see anywhere where the OP is trying or intending to convert anyone on this thread. I merely thought he/she was pointing out a trend that does appear to be going on, online.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

thank you... I of course am a He, not having your finesse.

Man if I can't even speak up and make a statement about kids online and the indoctrination they are going thru whats the point then ? being totally silenced.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The OP has started many threads this evening-

that Childish theory of Evolution

the Insanity of Evolutionist

Origins and Creationism

should "Evolution" be considered a sign of Ignorance ?

Character attacking thread titles
(this makes me chuckle)

Evolution is boring, What does it mean to you ?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Are you cool for believing in God ?

why yes actually, being a metal head and all and being my fashion reflects that of the overwhelming majority of non-believers... yes I am cool for believing.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Indoctrination?

Please explain.

Third line.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The OP has started many threads this evening-

that Childish theory of Evolution

the Insanity of Evolutionist

Origins and Creationism

should "Evolution" be considered a sign of Ignorance ?

Character attacking thread titles
(this makes me chuckle)

Evolution is boring, What does it mean to you ?

excuse me there were 4 threads made today that reflect exact opposite of other thread titles, I was making a point and the fishes bit hard.

so what is your point ?

edit on 12/14/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join