It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Cool if I don't believe in God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by Kailassa

I self censor and choose to stop reading or not read at all what someone posts if I do not agree...

If I may borrow a suitable illustration from Oz Weatherman:

I was speaking of a specific person (which we are not allowed to do btw) who may even be in this very thread... I decided to stop reading his rhetoric but I still keep an open mind always, I read alot of peoples posts but there are so many people here one has to choose in their own opinion who is posting slander and insults then from there make the choice if their posts are worthy of reading. So much going on here I doubt everyone has time for everyone else you know, everyone has their own method...

I see you can contradict yourself most splendidly.

Birds of a feather flock together !

Are you calling your many threads on this topic birds?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I'm not pinning anything on your sleeve.
You're doing that well enough without my help.

yes I realize that well enough, I was just making a statement, just as you were... nothing more.

Why is it better to believe?
In my opinion it's better to know, or to admit one does not know, and to acknowledge the evidence that leads to the inbetweens of probably, possibly, and unlikely.

obviously here you do not understand philosophy well enough to contemplate where I am coming from ? Once my sister found a little bird and its wing was broken, she 'believed' the bird would take flight again when someone else told her they doubted it. She then proceeded to nurse it and keep it in the warmth.

what would you know when that little birdie took to flight again !

hence simply believing that the bird would recover may have saved its life (you decide)

edit on 12/15/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I see you can contradict yourself most splendidly

ok I will bite... please clarify.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Killface

the Vox has to go, no doubt...

I like all those potential voters in the back drop there, even though that is a small show... surely they are getting a huge dose of reverse psychology, if they actually choose to 'think' about lyrics.

I wonder why the majority of re-discoverers of their faith happen to be Bikers/Metal Heads/People who have lost loved ones/People who have experienced hardship/People who reach maturity/ ect ?

The vox? Ha ha, this isn't rap, you mean vocals? If you think those vocals need to go, you are not much of a metal fan.

I don't think anybody going to a Suicide Silence show is getting any sort of reverse psychology. Have you been to a metal show? The point is to enjoy the music and have a good time, not everything has to have a deeper meaning than face value...

I love how you avoid all the points I made in my post and focused on the fan base in the music I added to the post in jest...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killface
The vox? Ha ha, this isn't rap, you mean vocals? If you think those vocals need to go, you are not much of a metal fan.

from Cookie Monster to Screaming Banshee yes I would say they have to go... I left the cookie monster Vox style back sometime right after high school. There is alot of great Metal out there that is very heavy, actually heavier than what you posted and one can actually make out the lyrics... you see Lyrics make Metal heavy, not just the slamming riffs.

I don't think anybody going to a Suicide Silence show is getting any sort of reverse psychology. Have you been to a metal show

you wouldn't know how many shows I been to, The majority attending have not yet been released from school just as possibly you have not just by asking me this question. (it gives a rough idea of your age in other words)

I love how you avoid all the points I made in my post and focused on the fan base in the music I added to the post in jest...

hey I love Metal and can not stand Rap... you posted it and I was intrigued figuring it more worthy of a response.

keep up the good work

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Killface

the vocalist of mentioned band in my opinion shows major signs that he is Bipolar, there is also an underlying hint that he is Emo, possibly even a recovering cutter... His lyrics are not 'Heavy' enough and have been recycled many times over.

if you would like to try something 'original' try checking out the albums I post as my avatar, I will be switching often as my taste in fine Metal has become quite acquired with age.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

(three separate singers and no cookie monsters)

edit on 12/16/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

It makes me look tough online and among my peers because well it's a fashion you know...

I wear it on my sleeve proudly even if I have never read the bible, All of my facts are true because I got them from someone else that sounded like they really knew what they were talking about. I never really formulated this opinion on my own but in fact it was fed to me.

Are you cool for not believing in God ?

Prove God exists.......I'll bet you my left testicle you cannot.

This is what, like the 8th thread you have on the subject? What are you trying to prove? And to whom? Because people like me look at our posts and just think to themselves "what a poor, ignorant, arrogant fool that OP is".

As I have said in your billion other threads on the subject - I would prefer to believe in scientifically proven FACTS rather than an invisible, magical man in the sky who creates rainbows.

GET. A. LIFE.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Star for getting it right about Cash, the realest man who ever toted a Western steel-string box. 'Hallelujah' isn't a Christian song, unless you mean the line about how having sex feels like being moved by the Holy Spirit. Its a song about sex, mostly, and the Biblical references are all to the Old Testament. Leonard Cohen was born a Jew. I believe he's a Buddhist now.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

It's a fact if you dont believe in love you don't believe in Lord JHVH, God.

Are you cool for not having joy, kindness and self-control.
edit on 2010/12/16 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

You clearly reject evolution as anyone can see from your post history. You also don't seem to understand what it is or how it operates or what it claims to explain.

Oh, you mean me.

I was speaking of a specific person (which we are not allowed to do btw) who may even be in this very thread... I decided to stop reading his rhetoric but I still keep an open mind always,

So you decided to stop reading posts that you couldn't actually show to be rhetoric because they aren't actually rhetoric...so you're keeping an open mind by ignoring someone who disagrees with you.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I read alot of peoples posts but there are so many people here one has to choose in their own opinion who is posting slander and insults then from there make the choice if their posts are worthy of reading.

Or you can just take the time to read all of the posts in the threads you decide to start yourself. I mean, I even read pretty much all the posts in threads that I start myself, even if I'm not posting in them anyway.

And of course, you don't get to have an opinion on what is or is not slander. It's a very easy thing to define. Slander would be baseless defamation of character in speech...you cannot slander people on the internet. You can defame them. Of course, there's no defamation going on here, except for your vague references.

Now, if you don't think a post is 'worthy of reading' why don't you reply to that post and point out exactly how silly it is? I surely don't think this post was worth reading, but I've just written a lengthy response.

So much going on here I doubt everyone has time for everyone else you know, everyone has their own method...

Yes, that's why most people tend to stick to only a few forums. I personally stay in O&C, RFT, CiR, and a bit in US political madness. I may choose to ignore entire threads, but if someone replies to me I have the common decency to reply to them in turn.

As for your method it seems to amount to "ignore that which doesn't agree with me or is too difficult to respond to"

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Birds of a feather flock together...

I never said I do not 'believe' in evolution, besides what is the difference ?

What I did say and still claim is that Evolution does not replace God.

though there are a ton of birdies out there who would chose to use it as a weapon.

what for ? can evolution and God not coexist ?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

besides what is the difference ?

So what, on the 6th day God created monkeys?

He must have stuffed up Day 5 - Creation of the Dinosaur.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
(So what)... is my sentiment exactly.

I have stated in another post that I have not seen evolution proven in a petri dish and that is what the majority of the worlds population needs to see also because the majority are not scientist.

I (believe) in evolution "something unseen" just as I (believe) in God, which is also "something unseen"

and by the way a certain group pushes evolution it would almost seem as it too is a religion...

a Boring one I might add...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

FYI I believe in Panspermia - the seeding of life here from another planet, comet or somewhere else in the galaxy/universe. So technically, I don't fall into either category.

Now back to the monkeys......

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I never said I do not 'believe' in evolution, besides what is the difference ?

What I did say and still claim is that Evolution does not replace God.

though there are a ton of birdies out there who would chose to use it as a weapon.

Evolution does not replace God! Right!

First of all, I said it before, there must be creation first for it to evolve. We come out of the earth. Our lifeforce is love. See you can't get the picture. There is a missing link. God! Thus, I have spoken.. fun fun

Evolution: to grow as a child. that is evolving. not changing from a human into a dinosaur.
Who says evolution is into something better. From ape to man, how do you dare to say that.?
Apes went backwards into humans. Ape is more evolved then human. Apes use gifts to communicate; language isn't needed in ape society, they understand eachother, we are just making nonsense sense by talking. GROWCH

apes are fully contemplated. Apes have justice. Ape is superior to mankind. Ape find humans disgusting. and so forth. This is how humans evolved into apes. The new breed, the new species. Somehow, even some humans did not evolve, way to clever we have been in things we didn't need to be clever in. Thus, I have spoken.

GrandMasterApe

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I'll bet you my left testicle you cannot.

I highly doubt some have either !

some may be able to evolve them in time, instead of going with the "I'm cool" majority by standing up for what they believe in.

edit on 12/16/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: I replaced the "you" with "some" and added a "they"

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Having hair on your back is a good sign, it means you are almost there.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Having hair on your back is a good sign, it means you are almost there.

I must have been short-changed, you see pops must have ran out of spunk by his 6th kid (of which I am) and I have no hair even on my chest man... I will be hitting 40 in a few years and I am still waiting for my man hair !

the rest of the men in my family are like 6ft 2in solid muscle and I am only 5.11' they are as hairy as apes too front and back...

I want justice ! why has there been de-evolution in my genes because I am the last of 6 ?

it's not fair :|

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I'll bet you my left testicle you cannot.

I highly doubt you have either !

you may be able to evolve some in time, instead of going with the "I'm cool" majority and stand up for what you believe in.

Riiiiiight.....

So you missed the bit where I stated I actually believe in Panspermia did you? You know, written in my last post not 5 posts above this one?

Did you not evolve eyes?

Oh and that's rather childish of you, saying that I have no testicles. Make you feel all high and mighty does it?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

if you believe in panspermia then push it... why waste time sitting around attacking others who do not believe as you do ?

I come on the site today and I checked my messages, I then began to respond to posters who were addressing me (it is usually my method) then I go back and read other posts and reply if they are worthy of my time.

I will get around to you (don't be so complacent) I will get around to your post if I find it interests me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join