It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another (!) forthcoming alien movie - "Unaware"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is it....

If Aliens realistically had technology to get to us... they probably wouldn't be raping our earth for our resources.

They'd of done it by now, and killed us too if they were hostile.

Think about it...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
reply to post by Yukitup

Stephen Hawking has commented many times on his belief that any alien coming to visit Earth
would not be a "friendly" presence or have a "nice" agenda.

Thanks TGE.

While I am a great admirer of Hawking, I am also mindful that his "opinion" re potential aliens is just that: his opinion.

Assuming that there is other intelligent life out there, we would also be forced to assume that there is a wide variety of not-yet-sentient life out there as well. If universal life is, well, universal and the resources available here on Tera are widely available throughout the universe --- what then makes us or our planet special? What would be their motive for aggression?

Therefore, logically, I am led to one of two possibilities: they would be here to simply watch/observe (as we watch primates); or (closely tied to the first possibility) they would be here to make sure we don't attempt repeat our treatment of American Indians after "discovering" the "new world" to civilizations on other planets (after we attain the technology to travel there).

While we may represent a potential threat to other (potential) intelligent civilizations with our current aggression and lack of societal maturity, I don't think for an instant that a ROC'ing paradigm shift wouldn't change the way our world's cultures, religions, races, and intellects interact. And let's face it, the reality/disclosure of intelligent life out there would represent just that type of paradigm shift.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
One of the new trailers for the forthcoming "Battle for Los Angeles" movie reaches new heights in seeking to blur the lines between the movie and real UFO events.

After a little bit about the film and the views of the actors, it includes quite a few leading ufologists giving sound-bites.

One of the more interesting trailers for a while...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Did anyone notice that the alien ships at 1:42 in look kinda like the ones in that old "Haitian UFO" hoax vid on YouTube?
Ooops...added second line.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Sabreblade because: Added second line

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
"b) think that the release of a movie about aliens is part of an acclimatization programme to get the public ready for Disclosure of the existence of extraterrestrial life visiting Earth and that an increasing number of such movies is a sign of the acclimatization programme nearing a climax..."

No the release of movies about aliens is a scheme to acclimatize your money in the pockets of Hollywood. Avatar is the greates success in cinema history, toppling Titanic, which some girls went to see like 10 times !!! What do you think was going to happen? A year full of romantic commedies?

I must say its working, I might go as much in theaters in 2011 as I did in the past 5 years combined xd

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join