It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Old Test. v/s New Test. God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I think maybe you misunderstood my meaning.
I'm not speaking of Christianity or even the NT, only trying to resolve the obvious evil nature of "The Lord" in the OT. Smite my enemies? Ritual animal sacrifice?
As for Unleashed68's theory:
I can't speak to the cherry-picking as I've only read the OT a few times, but I think that if you start at Genesis and check the things that "God" says or does, and compare it with what "The Lord", or "The Lord God" says or does, you'll find them to be separate entities.
His original website was not what is there now. It was pages and pages of text, very well referenced, too. I haven't tried to find the text, but if it's there, it's worth reading.
But like I said, I'm not in total agreement with him on every point.
He does seek to answer the question asked in every Sunday-school, by every kid who hears these stories... why would God do that?
He makes a good case.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The old testiment god is the ultra conservative heartless angry God
The new testiment god is the lefty liberal give hugs and forgivness God.

Meh, sometimes there are changes..look at Dennis Miller

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The bible is not really about the descendants of A'Dam but rather about the Soul called "MAN".

The bible is a series of Books or Parables involving the Creation of The Heaven and the Earth and Universe within that Heaven, as well as the History of the Soul and "The Metamorphoses of the Soul".

The Soul was given the title of "MAN" having been Created in the Image of God where A'Dam was in the form of a Primate.

Where A'Dams Life was the Breath or Air...

But The LIFE of MAN is The LIGHT, or The LIFE of God... See in "The Gospel According to John" Ch. 1

A'Dam was Not in the Image of God, as was the Soul... called "MAN".

History is in fact a Parable recorded in the so called physical world.
(but really there is no such thing as physical, as thought of by the average person today).

It is Roman doctrine, which has taught us that the bible and other Christian Writings is about the descendants of A’Dam, which is false teaching.

This Drawing below is "The Partition Map of the Soul" which parts are described in the bible, (and Christian Writings not included in the Roman collection of books called the bible) such as in "The Book of Ezekiel" Ch. 40 onward.
Another Book mentioning the Soul and "The MAN Child" or "The Son of MAN", as the teachings were originally about the return of "The Son of MAN" or "The MAN Child", is in "The Revelation of Jesus Christ", which again is about "The Metamorphoses of the Soul" and Not the Descendants of A’Dam, who Coveted the title of "MAN".
All these are Components of the Soul.
(There is a little mention about the Primate or descendants of A'Dam, falsely reffered to as man today)

These Drawings are 100% Accurate and can be found displayed in many of the early Byzantine Monasteries, church Buildings, Cathedrals etc. and in the synagogue décor i.e. esp. in the floors (many of which are covered today)

This is the Partition map of the “Soul”.

And this one showing “The MAN Child” or the “Son of MAN” in the Centre of the Soul Returned…

And here The Partition Map called “The MAN Child” or “Son of MAN”.

And “The New City Partition Map” (the New Jerusalem mentioned in The Revelation of Jesus Christ)

This is what the Ancient Christian Writings were talking about.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

The word Amen (pronounced /ˌɑːˈmɛn/ or /ˌeɪˈmɛn/; Hebrew: אָמֵן, Modern Amen Tiberian ʼĀmēn; Greek: ἀμήν ; Arabic: آمين‎, ʼĀmīn ; "So be it; truly") is a declaration of affirmation[1][2] found in the Hebrew Bible and New Testament. Its use in Judaism dates back to its earliest texts.[3] It has been generally adopted in Christian worship as a concluding word for prayers and hymns.[2] In Islam, it is the standard ending to Dua (supplication). Common English translations of the word amen include: "Verily," and "Truly." It can also be used colloquially to express strong agreement,[2] as in, for instance, amen to that.[4]

Look man, you can believe whatever you want, but the hole in your philosiphy is that you don't pray to Gospels, to saints, to people, to anyone. You pray to God. It's a way for you to communicate with him and for him to communicate with you.

Half the time - real prayer is you just listening...

The word Amen just means "done" or "finished". It's not some cryptic reference back to Amen-Ra the sun god of Egypt.

If that's the case then we're all in trouble because the words "Their, There, and They're" are all tricks for us to worship Thor the Norse God.
I am starting to belive this, and it makes sence to me now. I know this is an extreme vieuwpoint, but why not. ??

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I agree in part with what you're saying, in so far that organized religion is a construct of ancient ones. However, you go far beyond what I consider truthful into New Ager type stuff which leads me to ask: Do you really know what you're talking about or are you copypasting from some New Age site?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PCI_defense_corps
I agree in part with what you're saying, in so far that organized religion is a construct of ancient ones. However, you go far beyond what I consider truthful into New Ager type stuff which leads me to ask: Do you really know what you're talking about or are you copypasting from some New Age site?

Pastor Lindsay, and some wiki insider calld John, both talked about. Vatican dirts comming out. Big dirts.
Well if those people are saying this, then i open my mind for extreme things.

Dont like New age this and that.
My instinct is leading me know. Either way, i dont want to be ruled anymore. By anyone.
Things are happening, there are trends going on.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

What fear factor is that???? Please feel free to explain to me that. To your first question, you are referring to Gehenna? if so yes that´s true. It´s a reference to the Trash heap.

The Fear factor I am talking about is:
When I went to church, I heard Hell Fire and Brimstone preached from the pulpit every Sunday. We would go to these big tent revivals. I once saw Oral Roberts, I saw Billy Sunday. the teachings were all about fear. I can remember their faces would red as fire, and remember wondering if they were preaching about God, or the Devil? Looking back, even though I do live in the "Bible Belt," I still practice my religion and make no reference to anyone else's. My next door neighbor has a big Nativity scene in her yard, and a lighted Santa, and other things, all lit up at night.
I love everybody, all inclusive, and accept all at Face Value. Respect me, you will get respect. Love me, you will be loved. Help me, you will be helped. Golden Rule here, folks.

I wear a pentacle about my neck as a protective shield and as a religious symbol. Christians still tell me that it is a sign of the Devil. My Christian neighbors call us Satan worshipers, and have told our boys that they need "good Christian parents." That, friend, is the fear. Fear God, fear the Devil, fear Satan, fear Sex, fear everything. Be Afraid!

And yes, I was referring to "Gehenna," this is the root word used for Hell. Thanks for asking. Sounds like we are on the same page here.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

What I find interesting is that it basically means if (this) God exists, he is a dynamic God. He evolves.

I find that really interesting, friend. I too think that the God/Goddess is a Dynamic twin, and if this is so, then why is organized religion so static in nature? That is the definition of faith, believing that a thing is true, is always true, and never ever changes. Never.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
I am starting to belive this, and it makes sence to me now. I know this is an extreme vieuwpoint, but why not. ??

Because you can't aritrarily decide which parts you want to believe. You can't say "I like this verse, but that verse is bogus".

I mean you CAN do this, but you can't do it and then argue that point with anything other than just strict conjecture and opinion.

Jesus - in the New Testament - never said anything that that could be construed as discrediting the God of the Old Testament, at least now when taken in context and in its entirety.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Seed76

What fear factor is that???? Please feel free to explain to me that. To your first question, you are referring to Gehenna? if so yes that´s true. It´s a reference to the Trash heap.

When I went to church, I heard Hell Fire and Brimstone preached from the pulpit every Sunday. We would go to these big tent revivals. I once saw Oral Roberts, I saw Billy Sunday. the teachings were all about fear. I can remember their faces would red as fire, and remember wondering if they were preaching about God, or the Devil? Looking back, even though I do live in the "Bible Belt," I still practice my religion and make no reference to anyone else's. My next door neighbor has a big Nativity scene in her yard, and a lighted Santa, and other things, all lit up at night.
I love everybody, all inclusive, and accept all at Face Value. Respect me, you will get respect. Love me, you will be loved. Help me, you will be helped. Golden Rule here, folks.

I wear a pentacle about my neck as a protective shield and as a religious symbol. Christians still tell me that it is a sign of the Devil. My Christian neighbors call us Satan worshipers, and have told our boys that they need "good Christian parents." That, friend, is the fear. Fear God, fear the Devil, fear Satan, fear Sex, fear everything. Be Afraid!

And yes, I was referring to "Gehenna," this is the root word used for Hell. Thanks for asking. Sounds like we are on the same page here.

I think that the "Fear" doctrine is just one of many. I live in the Bible belt as well and I know my church specifically goes out of their way to help people see God as "Papa" instead of "Master".

The fear doctrine sprung up in frightening times. They were scared of everyone and everything - so why not God too. But that is not all Christianity...

And by the way - if you believe in Christ (not saying you do), the real problem with your pentagram is that it brings your focus off of God and onto an object.

The Commandment not to worship idols was to make sure the people never relied on objects for their sense of confidence and safety.

Sadly, Christians do it just as much today...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by abandonednation

To me, I know God (Divine Spirit). I speak to the Spirit everyday and it is within me, it resides in my heart, not in some crusty book or on a cloud in a placed called Heaven. Divine Spirit is everything and everywhere all you have to do is open your heart and let it in, then you will understand and see the simplicity in life and in the universe. But hey like I said to each is own (this is why I like being human because we all are so unique and have our own perspective on the world --- don’t let ANYONE ever change how you view the world – it’s YOUR world and YOUR life). Life can get tough but just trust in the plan and I think everything will be alright.

Right On! I love that. That is how I see, and feel the the Divine Presence, and the utter simplicity of life and energy patterns. I too love being human, as a human i can do many things that are not available in the Spirit World.
Like have sex, smoke. eat food, drink, create, Be. I will never allow anyone to force their narrow view of thought, or dogma, upon me. I am Free, in more ways than one.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Did science ever find the fruit of the Spirit?? Did it ever find love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control?

unfortunately, neither do many Christians
but they're there to find for those who seek

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Seed76

I am sorry for that friend. On my case the Sunday preaching, was about the meaning of the parables and the meanings of the teachings of Christ. There was no Hell and Brimstone preaching. But,you know i asked a priest when i was young, what is the Hell thing about, and he said to me "Hell, is a place in darkness, away from the Light of God." And then i asked him about the torment. And he said to me " The Torment is the purification of the Soul that goes through fire, before the Final Judgment." Finally i asked about the "Eternal Hell Fire", and he said "The Eternal Hell Fire was created from the very beginning, and it´s reserved for the Satan and his followers. But there is no torment. It´s just destruction."

That´s a nice thing to do friend. Be a light in a world of darkness.

That´s funny. So i suppose that i am also satanist, cause i like Heavy Metal??. Do not be afraid mate. Just keep doing the right thing, and you will be fine. Here is something to cheer you up. Just keep in mind, behind all the labels we are all humans.

Of course we are. The main thing is that people take that part literally. It´s metaphorical. But the funny thing is we are spending more time to talk about Hell, instead of helping people in need.

Peace
edit on 16-12-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Religion is a form of control, instituted to enslave you...IF you let them. Don't let them. Scripture=gibberish.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
The bible is not really about the descendants of A'Dam but rather about the Soul called "MAN".

The bible is a series of Books or Parables involving the Creation of The Heaven and the Earth and Universe within that Heaven, as well as the History of the Soul and "The Metamorphoses of the Soul".

The Soul was given the title of "MAN" having been Created in the Image of God where A'Dam was in the form of a Primate.

Where A'Dams Life was the Breath or Air...

But The LIFE of MAN is The LIGHT, or The LIFE of God... See in "The Gospel According to John" Ch. 1

A'Dam was Not in the Image of God, as was the Soul... called "MAN".

History is in fact a Parable recorded in the so called physical world.
(but really there is no such thing as physical, as thought of by the average person today).

It is Roman doctrine, which has taught us that the bible and other Christian Writings is about the descendants of A’Dam, which is false teaching.

This Drawing below is "The Partition Map of the Soul" which parts are described in the bible, (and Christian Writings not included in the Roman collection of books called the bible) such as in "The Book of Ezekiel" Ch. 40 onward.
Another Book mentioning the Soul and "The MAN Child" or "The Son of MAN", as the teachings were originally about the return of "The Son of MAN" or "The MAN Child", is in "The Revelation of Jesus Christ", which again is about "The Metamorphoses of the Soul" and Not the Descendants of A’Dam, who Coveted the title of "MAN".
All these are Components of the Soul.
(There is a little mention about the Primate or descendants of A'Dam, falsely reffered to as man today)

These Drawings are 100% Accurate and can be found displayed in many of the early Byzantine Monasteries, church Buildings, Cathedrals etc. and in the synagogue décor i.e. esp. in the floors (many of which are covered today)

This is the Partition map of the “Soul”.

And this one showing “The MAN Child” or the “Son of MAN” in the Centre of the Soul Returned…

And here The Partition Map called “The MAN Child” or “Son of MAN”.

And “The New City Partition Map” (the New Jerusalem mentioned in The Revelation of Jesus Christ)

This is what the Ancient Christian Writings were talking about.

This seems well in line with what I have been reading recently. These pictures you've posted, this seems to be sacred geometry? How does one begin to learn how to read/interpret these creations?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Because you can't aritrarily decide which parts you want to believe. You can't say "I like this verse, but that verse is bogus".

I mean you CAN do this, but you can't do it and then argue that point with anything other than just strict conjecture and opinion.

Jesus - in the New Testament - never said anything that that could be construed as discrediting the God of the Old Testament, at least now when taken in context and in its entirety.

Because in my view neither the old or new testament are the spoken words of Jesus and God.
The are just some books, that have some mind controlling aspects in it.

I have chosen, I am chopping the woods to see the trees. I want to see the truth that is all that matters to me.
These are crazy times we live in. You want me to see chop wood here(www.abovetopsecret.com...) This threat has relations with my treat.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Hi purplemonkeydishwasher,

This may explain a little more...

"The First Born Soul" or "The Christ", said through The Carpenter called Jesus today,
“No one cometh unto the Father except by Me, and no one cometh unto Me lest he be drawn by the Father”

In other Words as The carpenter was said to be the "WORD" (Communication produced by or having Letters of Glyphs) made Flesh was saying, to come to know The Father or The Outer of The All, this could only be through the WORD involving The LIGHT as Jesus said,
“I am The Way, The Truth and The LIGHT".

All things are made manifest through The "WORD" i.e. this is the "Communication" in the form of a Language involving billions of Glyphs or letters Played in the Souls "Processing System".

And in The First Chapter of "The Gospel According to John" it says that The LIGHT of MAN (The Soul) is the LIFE of God. So according to the writings When Jesus said, (Both)
"I am The Way The Truth and The LIGHT”,
and “I Am the Way The Truth and The LIFE”,
He is talking about The LIFE of God.

This why I say The LIFE of The Soul is The LIGHT of MAN or The LIFE of God
and the Life of A’Dam is the Breath or the Air.

We have these three.

a. The Flesh, called the descendants of A’Dam as reported in the writings.
b. The Soul, also recorded in the writings but said to be the same as A’Dam Falsely claimed in the fact that the Scribes have mistakenly mixed these 2, perhaps through Ignorance or perhaps deliberately, but none the less mixed.
c. The Spirit, which is of God.

a. The Flesh (including the environment) is what is being experienced.
b. The Soul is the mechanism which these things are experienced in & through.
c. The Spirit or "The True Mind" which experiences the flesh and environment through the Soul.

In some of the Ancient writings the Sprit is also referred to as “The Perfect Mind

One example is in an Ancient Christian writing called “The Thunder Perfect Mind”. Easily found on the net.

When the disciples asked the Carpenter to show them the "Father", He replied to them..
“He who hath seen Me hath seen the Father"..
Three things involved...

a. The Flesh i.e the Carpenter called Jesus, seen by the disciples, which is the “Outer" form or image.
b. LIGHT otherwise they could Not see Jesus the Carpenter.
and,
c. The Spirit or "The True Mind" which sees all, both through the disciples and the Carpenter Jesus.

It is Not the Eyes or the Brain which see. These are just Components of the "Decoding/Encoding" System.

It is the True Mind or Spirit which sees All.

He also said, “MAN know thyself”.
So when we come to know these 3 we come to know God as we are his little ones (Offspring).

Our eyes have "eye lids" so we can see in 2 different ways. (2 different functions in seeing)

a. When the eyes are open, we see the Earth & Species etc.
and,
b. When the eyes are closed, we see the Spiritual World (Including what many refer to OBE’s which really aren’t but instead ISE’s or "In Soul Experiences", as all is Inside the Soul and Not outside, as many would have us believe today.

We each witness, our copy of the Species and the Earth, Universe in our Souls which are part of a huge Network.

Many close their eyes to pray, but most never look with their eyes closed, and take notice of what is in their sight (Mind) while their eyes are closed.

Often what I have mentioned regarding the "Partition Maps" of the Mind, has been referred to as "Sacred Geometry" but instead I understand it for what it is, and that is the Formats of the Soul used in the "Processing System" of the Soul.

There are many different ways you can see this sort of thing through our eyes and has been known for thousands of years.
The proof of this, remains in historical records both in the writings and Architecture in ruins or existing today.
It is just a matter of understanding what to look for.
Many are Not aware of this because they have Not been shown what to look for.

But there is No difference really, between the OT and NT except the "Lord God" came to us in this particular Program or experience (NT).

The Christ is the Lord of the House i.e. The House of God or the House of DAVID (Not David).
As it is written, He that is the Christ, is "Lord of Lords and King of Kings".

So the OT "Lord God" (Not called just by the name of God) was actually The Christ, or Only begotten of the Father.

There is both "God", and "The Lord God", as well as The Lord.

Also in "The Book of Genesis" it is written, "let US make MAN (Not A’Dam) in Our Image".

The words "US" and "Our" in the above verse, refers to the 2 Components mentioned in The Gospel According to John 1st Chapter.

a. "The WORD" (Not the Roman group of writings) i.e. the Communication in the True Mind or LIFE.
and,
b. The LIFE of God which is the LIGHT of Men which is the Communication media.

Those who wish to know more, can contact me by U2U.

edit on 16-12-2010 by The Matrix Traveller because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2010 by The Matrix Traveller because: spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Some of the Language (ZIONic) in these old Drawings.

edit on 17-12-2010 by The Matrix Traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This isn't really that hard to understand if you'll read them.

The Old Testament was the law under which the people who would provide the Messiah would live and operate. To differentiate them from others in the world, they were under very strict law.

If you boil the entire Old Testament down to one word, it would be, "Obedience."

Now those who would be stiff-necked and prefer to follow their own wicked ways weren't cut much slack. Obedience was demanded first and last.

When the Messiah came, he introduced the grace aspect. But here's where folks get completely full of themselves and once again, want to follow only the parts they like and ignore the rest.

For grace, forgiveness, and mercy, one must also obey.

For those who would love God, or love the Messiah, would also obey them.

Some think that the God of the Old Testament is different from the Messiah, at least in teachings.

Not so. The Messiah didn't have to restate the wrongs of the Old Testament, as the Creator is never-changing. God hates certain things and demands certain things.

His House.

His rules.

You obey, or not.

That's the best part. The choice is yours.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

For grace, forgiveness, and mercy, one must also obey.

For those who would love God, or love the Messiah, would also obey them.

Some think that the God of the Old Testament is different from the Messiah, at least in teachings.

Not so. The Messiah didn't have to restate the wrongs of the Old Testament, as the Creator is never-changing. God hates certain things and demands certain things.

His House.

His rules.

You obey, or not.

That's the best part. The choice is yours.

But that's so laughable!!!! How is it possible for me to be more mentally mature than the God of the Universe? God is perfect! I am not!!! Ergo, we have a large gap in our logic that needs to be resolved: how does a perfect being demand worship and strict adherence to his rules! It implies a weak character, battling his ego. Thou shalt not!!? I shall! I shall! I shall!

Don't be a slave to morality! Be a master of it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join