It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Old Test. v/s New Test. God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

The Christian view is not that God has changed, but rather people have changed through Christ. That Christ's willing sacrifice released the Holy spirit onto the sinful people washing them clean and allowing God to look on them anew as clean and deserving of his love and forgiveness. That if people invite the Holyspirit into their hearts that they should have the power to forgive as Christ did. God the Father is still the same, it is the people that changed.

The Father still demands that we obey his commandments, including the destruction of entire cities if he so deems it. You'll have a hard time convincing society that an angel of the Lord (only a messenger of God, no wings etc..) has told you to smite a city in todays society, but it can happen none the less. Think Katrina, New Orleans, San Francisco earthquakes etc...

If you believe that God is omnipotent, then you believe that everything that happens is His will. Sometimes we can understand the meaning of His will and most times it is beyond our limited ability to reason.

It is not our responsibility to understand God's will in the universe, it is only our responsibility to try and find and follow His will for us individually. In general terms it is easy to know God's will, or rather our purpose and reason for living as we do.

The reason for living as we do is to experience the self, our purpose is to prepare to become a part of the conglomerate again.

Some people have had a spiritual connection with Totality (The God head) and they have done their best to describe it and others have felt the import of it and have passed it on. These ideas are limited in scope and should only be used to aid in improving our own spiritual connection with Totality and in finding God's (Totality's) will for us in our individual lives.

You cannot avoid doing God's will, as He is omniscient and omnipotent, but as you have freewill within this span of time, you can choose to be a positive part of God's will or a negative part of God's will.

Balance will always be mete out. That is the only law we can know of for sure. The Holy spirit IS the balance. God the father is the positive (and negative) aspects on either side of the balance and Jesus is the human form of the Holy spirit, the Christ. He and his sacrifice was what gave us access to the Holy Spirit. It is up to us how we use it.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm a Christian Mystic,
and for the most part, I leave the majority of the OT alone. To me, it was just pure Dogma and it was people and the authors of that time subjecting their own human faults and characteristics onto God.

My take is that the only reason Jesus quoted the OT was because he had to use the Jews holy books to make his points or else they wouldn't listen. Jesus was preaching to a bunch of hard headed/hard hearted idiots and basically dumbed it down to everybody using parables.

What we have in exchange, is a whole world-wide Church hat has built a dogmatic system that revolves around the Dumbed-down teachings of Jesus and a bunch of misinterpretations.

The God I have experienced, would never have killed entire cities, been wrathful, and taken sides with any group or race of people. Jesus proved that basically with his teachings on God being Love.

Its the direct experience of God, the Holy Spirit and working towards Christ-likeness that null and voids dogma and a bunch of words in a book. That is the only reason why I am a Christian .....is because I can partake in the real thing, a living breathing experience of the mystical realities Jesus talked about.

Everything else like the Churches, dogma, debates, etc ....you all can have ...I'd rather just rest in this Eternal and timeless Now!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
really sucks I can not take part in this discussion, I haven't even got to the New Testament yet !

I'll get back to this one day

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I recommend this for all Christians, Gnostics, Athiests, Hindus, Muslims and seekers of the truth. There is such a large amount of beautiful information and philosophical thought found within this site - although extremely long, it explains basically everything that you've probably ever been looking for. I imagine that most will not follow the link, and those that do, a fraction of that [perhaps only one] will read until the very end - but that one person was meant to read it, and their lives will be enriched with the Truth, and their minds strengthened with ancient thought forged in modern context. Are you that one? Could there be more than one? Help us.

Armageddon Conspiracy

I personally believe Jehovah/Allah is Satan.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
reply to post by Logarock

Did you read the part about there are whom aren't capable of understanding the scripture and whom need others to clarify. I don't want to flame.

edit on 2010/12/14 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

Yea I am aware of this. Whats your question in regards to?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Here is one answer, and to me, it seems... logical.
I don't agree to every chapter and verse of his theory, but it connects lots of dots for me:

Sudden Reality (ATS Thread by Unleashed68)

If you'll take a look at a couple of the videos, I think you'll see what I mean.

If you'd rather read it on a web page: www.suddenreality.com
It goes pretty deep.

purplemonkeydishwasher, I "replied" this to you because of your last sentence.
Basically, the True God has been usurped by the "Lord". The clues are there, if you make a distinction of which does what, in the Old Testament.

edit on 14-12-2010 by Dogdish because: More clarity

edit on 14-12-2010 by Dogdish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Gncnew,

I think on the way you are thinking you can never find God. Earthscience will never find God, one cannot lay a finger on God. God is untouchable or they will only find incomplete parts. God is found in your heart. God loves you said, love is never found completely by science. Love is never judged. God can only be found in humans in a place noone but ourselves can acces.

When love is, science is not. Science cannot touch love, and where it does it fails. God is almighty.
edit on 2010/12/15 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Did science ever find the fruit of the Spirit?? Did it ever find love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
The Bible is all you need, but it's not always everything you may want.
edit on 14-12-2010 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

What we may no lack is love, Without love there is no purpose in your existence. Love is the startingpoint for gifts. Without love there is no fuel for existence. God is love.

Put your love unto the world. Love oneanother. Out of love things are made ....

Loveknowledge.
edit on 2010/12/15 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by abandonednation
reply to post by gncnew

God is simple. Truth is simple. Religions make it hard to understand the Divine. Keep it simple…do it yourself…there are so many great people in the world that can help you on your path, utilize them.

Peace.

The Bible is a collection of 66 books, written by God inspired men, to try and explain who and why God is. Th

Ummm, I dunno about this bro, did God have a pen and a notebook to write it with (or maybe MS Office)? God didn't write the Bible, man did (a lot of men, with influence and power, whose best interests were the matter at hand not God – and certainly not the common folk). And to be real with you, I don't think God had anything to do with the Bible (but that's just me).

To me, I know God (Divine Spirit). I speak to the Spirit everyday and it is within me, it resides in my heart, not in some crusty book or on a cloud in a placed called Heaven. Divine Spirit is everything and everywhere all you have to do is open your heart and let it in, then you will understand and see the simplicity in life and in the universe.

But hey like I said to each is own (this is why I like being human because we all are so unique and have our own perspective on the world --- don’t let ANYONE ever change how you view the world – it’s YOUR world and YOUR life). Life can get tough but just trust in the plan and I think everything will be alright.

Anyway bro good luck on your journey, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. No matter what path you take it will be yours so it doesn't matter what I think or what anyone else thinks. I just think the experiences I had in my life justify my thinking that God and the truth are simple; we (humanity) are the ones who muck it all up.

Peace.
edit on 15-12-2010 by abandonednation because: spelling

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well I am a Christian to, and i wanted to investigate my religion to.
I concluded something horrible.

Everything you know, i know, we know about the christian religion is tainted. It started some 2000years ago.
the Babelonyion age.
The problem i now face is. I stopt praying, with the old gospels. Because the more i searched the more i, come to the conclusion that everything in our religion is upside down..

I love God, and Jezus, but the books and the Vatican are wrong.

My vieuw on the old test-Amen-t is, back in those days, the days of no information. People are more easely controlled by the mechanism of fear. When soceitty expanded, and state and church started to divide.
The church had to introduce a new test-Amen-t, with the loving god and all. Because they knwew how the world would be devoloping, in to the age of information. And yes they retriet to there churches and all of those buildings, no frontline function there anymore. Becoming more active in architect of the New World Order, see for expamle Wikileaks, or the involvmend of the Vatican in WW2.

I did investigate the new pope. The bent cross, reverse cross, pyramid all seeing eye, obelisk, bloodlines etc, and the meaning of olive tree.
Found out that there where some priest that has worn us, that the Devil has enterd the house of god, started some 2000years ago, and wil end with this current pope.

I led me to belive that we are al praying to Amen-ra. This is al wrong, and i wish i never investigate all of this.
Watch this video it caps some things about Amen-ra, and the obelsiks and the Masons..

So i question both books old and new. I narrowd my world, in a belive that, iI only think from the hart. I hope that Jezus ment it this way, and that god understands why i turnt away from those tainted books.

(personal question) Do you have a prayer for me that, doesnt include the word Amen. I just want direct contact with the one. Dont ridicule me, i really started to belive this. Because the facts keep coming in my face.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish

I don't agree to every chapter and verse of his theory, but it connects lots of dots for me:

If you'll take a look at a couple of the videos, I think you'll see what I mean.

It goes pretty deep.

Basically, the True God has been usurped by the "Lord". The clues are there, if you make a distinction of which does what, in the Old Testament.

That dude did way too much '___' (maybe still does). He's cherry picked out parts of the Bible, taken them out of context, and then twisted them to try and prove a point that to be a follower of God you simply do whatever feels good....

The "rules" that are passed down by God are nothing more than social constructs that keep you and others happy.

The Ten Commandments, every one of them, are basic things that will lead you to unhappiness if you do it. What kind of "evil" God would tell you not to do these things?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by abandonednation

I said it was written by "God inspired men"... not "written by God".

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

The word Amen (pronounced /ˌɑːˈmɛn/ or /ˌeɪˈmɛn/; Hebrew: אָמֵן, Modern Amen Tiberian ʼĀmēn; Greek: ἀμήν ; Arabic: آمين‎, ʼĀmīn ; "So be it; truly") is a declaration of affirmation[1][2] found in the Hebrew Bible and New Testament. Its use in Judaism dates back to its earliest texts.[3] It has been generally adopted in Christian worship as a concluding word for prayers and hymns.[2] In Islam, it is the standard ending to Dua (supplication). Common English translations of the word amen include: "Verily," and "Truly." It can also be used colloquially to express strong agreement,[2] as in, for instance, amen to that.[4]

Look man, you can believe whatever you want, but the hole in your philosiphy is that you don't pray to Gospels, to saints, to people, to anyone. You pray to God. It's a way for you to communicate with him and for him to communicate with you.

Half the time - real prayer is you just listening...

The word Amen just means "done" or "finished". It's not some cryptic reference back to Amen-Ra the sun god of Egypt.

If that's the case then we're all in trouble because the words "Their, There, and They're" are all tricks for us to worship Thor the Norse God.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Another thing about you're "Sudden Reality" cat... because I do webdesign -

If this was so important to the guy, surely he would at least pay the $5/month to have a hosting account that didn't have GoDaddy ad banners on top right?

I mean, he's revealing the Truth to the world. He is the banner man for this thing, and it's so important and earth shattering it's not worth $5/month?

Just another loon who plays way too much WoW in mom's basement and sips on mushroom tea.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

What christianity differs from other religions is that there is a God. A source of love.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish

It goes pretty deep.

That dude did way too much '___' (maybe still does). He's cherry picked out parts of the Bible, taken them out of context, and then twisted them to try and prove a point that to be a follower of God you simply do whatever feels good....

The "rules" that are passed down by God are nothing more than social constructs that keep you and others happy.

The Ten Commandments, every one of them, are basic things that will lead you to unhappiness if you do it. What kind of "evil" God would tell you not to do these things?

Amen brutha... Actually, it has nothing so much to do with your happiness as it does with others happiness. God's implementation of the Ten Commandments is to make those that you interact with happy and to show people that true happiness comes from the joy involved in making others happy.

Jaden

p.s. Did you get a chance to read my post at the top of this page?
edit on 15-12-2010 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
No, the 10 Commandments remove moral responsibility; you are at best a slave to morality,whereas I strive to be a master of it. The NT was written by Rome in order to capitulate on the Christian movement behind Yehoshua, true Roman incorporation. The life of Jesus Christ is more than likely is a mixture of older myth and the allegory of Julius Caesar's deification, with most of the story stolen from Ovidius, perfected at the Council of Nicea. The Abrahamic religions are a farce meant to lead us away from the True God.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The 10 commandments? They were given to Moses, a genodical maniac. What was the last thing Moses was commanded to do before retiring from this world? Exterminate the Midianites!

Jehovah is a blood thirsty, egotistical monster. It's quite evident to everyone but the apologists.

edit on 15-12-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Don't forget about the time God told Moses to exterminate the residents of Canaan and destroy all of their religious symbols and possessions.

_edit to add

LORD GOD is a translation of Ba'al.

edit on 15-12-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join