It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to be charged with espionage in US

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It amasez why poeple would not like to see what do those bankers do and how much money they make when they ef up common workers salaries in their moneyprofitinmoneyscamthingys?

No, I,..um...I dont wanna know...Im umm..I just work...ummm...go USA, go USA..

Idiotism...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by finallianstallion

I'm always amazed at what the American people don't want to know. And how we take a stance without even thinking about it, or at least trying to understand the issues surrounding something like this.

moneyprofitinmoneyscamthingys

Mind if I quote this sometime? Funny.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I don´t mind...I´m drunk... And I don´t mind what I write, I dont mind typos, I just write and send...and read afterward my typos and laught at them myself....

It´s 6:07 PM on saturday so ofcourse I´m drunk

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A few voices of people, who usually don't post here.

President Lula of Brazil:

This chap was only publishing something he read," he said. "And if he read it, it is because somebody wrote it. The guilty one is not the publisher, it is the person who wrote [these things]. Blame the person who wrote this nonsense because there would be no scandal if they hadn't."

President Chavez of Venezuela:

"Look at how they treat the leaders of powerful countries," Chavez told state TV channel Telesur, describing the cables as proof of the "dirty war of Yankee embassies in the whole world".

Prime Minister Donald Tusk of Poland:

"We have a really serious problem," he said. "Not with image, as some countries do, and not reputation, like the US does. It's a problem of being stripped of illusions about the nature of relations between countries, including such close allies as Poland and the US."

Prime Minister Odinga of Kenya:

"We now know what some of our friends think about us … it is helpful."

High Court judge Sheikh Azmat Saeed of Pakistan:

WikiLeaks "may cause trouble for some personalities" but would be "good for the progress of the nation in the long run."

Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd of Australia (former Prime Minister):

"Mr Assange is not himself responsible for the unauthorised release of 250,000 documents from the US diplomatic communications network. "The Americans are responsible for that," he said.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The US government owns nothing. It is we the people who own those documents, and them. They are servants. Not officials. Not authorities. And it is very much our business. National security my butt. Tht's an excuse. Not a reason. We are the government! "We The People".

Interesting point of view.

This is very much like the argument that is used when a Police Officer stops you for speeding and you exclaim that they have no right right to do so because you pay their salary. You are the Government. You are their boss...so how dare they stop you from breaking the law?

"The people" through their Constitution, the rule of law, and the progression of the law through a combination of legislation and court decision, have built up a body of practice that defines what we as individuals...or as corporate...or governmental officials...can and cannot do.

We the people, have established rules of procedure as it relates to the protection of information...personal, corporate or governmental.

To violate these rules is to defy the majority expression of what is allowable (ie. to break the law). If one disagrees with a law, one has the options of either challenging those laws in court or working to have the laws changed at the legislative level.

"The people" do not have the right to individually select which in-effect laws they will follow and which laws they will not. This would equate to chaos...or anarchy.

One individual's thoughts or beliefs do not constitute, even though they are one of "the people", the right to go against the laws or systems enacted by the majority of the people, or the framers of a country's constitution.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Also the CBC. there all over their site!

is Assange the Antichrist rising up??? haha who knows

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

We the people, have established rules of procedure as it relates to the protection of information...personal, corporate or governmental.

Like hell 'WE" have..The lawmakers stopped listening to "we the people" years ago..
Didn't you get the memo???
It's all "them the Government" now..Changing laws to suit their own needs..

What majority of 'we the people" wanted the patriot act, war with Iraq/Afghanistan or even the healthcare bill..
We the people were left out of the equation long ago..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

The US government owns nothing. It is we the people who own those documents, and them. They are servants. Not officials. Not authorities. And it is very much our business. National security my butt. Tht's an excuse. Not a reason. We are the government! "We The People".

Interesting point of view.

This is very much like the argument that is used when a Police Officer stops you for speeding and you exclaim that they have no right right to do so because you pay their salary. You are the Government. You are their boss...so how dare they stop you from breaking the law?

"The people" through their Constitution, the rule of law, and the progression of the law through a combination of legislation and court decision, have built up a body of practice that defines what we as individuals...or as corporate...or governmental officials...can and cannot do.

To violate these rules is to defy the majority expression of what is allowable (ie. to break the law). If one disagrees with a law, one has the options of either challenging those laws in court or working to have the laws changed at the legislative level.

So it is okay for the people working for the government to brake these rules?

Im confused. Which one is more "bad"

1. people working for the goverment braking the law

2. People who brake the law in order to expose the "man" for breaking the law

Somehow in sheeps mind it´s ok for the government to break the law. That is not many steps away from North-Korea or former Soviet Union.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
WOW i cannot believe this!

This is going to stir the pot. Maybe the release of insurance.aes256 key ? Which could start something big? or am i hoping too much?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by finallianstallion

So it is okay for the people working for the government to brake these rules?

Im confused. Which one is more "bad"

1. people working for the goverment braking the law

2. People who brake the law in order to expose the "man" for breaking the law

Somehow in sheeps mind it´s ok for the government to break the law. That is not many steps away from North-Korea or former Soviet Union.

This is not my position at all.

If people on the Government payroll break the law, then they should be prosecuted to the full extent of it.

If people not on the Government payroll break they law, they should also be prosecuted.

It is simple really...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Great, it's about time they did.
The man is an idiot and I hope they do extradite him to the states.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

This is not my position at all.

If people on the Government payroll break the law, then they should be prosecuted to the full extent of it.

If people not on the Government payroll break they law, they should also be prosecuted.

It is simple really...

But the fact is, we know it doesn't work like that..
There are countless examples...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by above
WOW i cannot believe this!

This is going to stir the pot. Maybe the release of insurance.aes256 key ? Which could start something big? or am i hoping too much?

Why should they do that now? If it is, what it seems to be, they would spare it for really hard times. Right now it is just a farce and a lot of wishful thinking.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

My comments were oversimplified on purpose. So as not to wander too far off topic. What you have explained here is good. And I wish more people understood what you just laid out. Because it is only through understanding our constitutional republic, and how it is supposed to work, that we can understand that we have a rogue government who has done everything possible to block any legal and legitimate form of challenge to their "authority".
Our servants have aspired to become our masters, and indeed, have made themselves so in the eyes of the general population. But some of us have read our constitution, and understand that we do not live in a democracy, and "laws" that do not conform to our republic, are not laws. They are policy. And our governing bodies have a bad habit of enforcing policy as law. But I've gotten a bit off track here. Thanks for your addendum.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Maybe it helps to come back on topic, when we read that:

On the other hand, if the extradition concerns a country outside the European Union the authorities in the executing country (the country that surrendered the person) must consent such extradition. Sweden cannot without such consent extradite a person, for example to the USA.

So it is not so easy after all.

The source is Marianne Ny herself and you don't need any translation programs at all, because it is published in English:
www.aklagare.se...

She also writes:

Apart from the arrest, nothing new has happened in the investigation, but the arrest is a prerequisite for continuing the investigation.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A traitor to his own nation is someone who STEALS secrets and sell it in cash or kind to another nation to bring hurt and harm to his fellow citizens.

A spy is a foriegn national who STEALS secrets for his own country, to either protect his own fellow citizens from hurt and harm, or to pursue his masters' agenda, to cause hurt and harm to foreign citizens.

A whistle blower is one who instead saw hurt and harm being down to his fellow citizens and other citizens by the very authorities he belongs to, and he is only of our own race - humans, and with human conscience, decides to release such knowledge to the public through an honest intermediary, more often brave and courageous journalist, to inform the public so that corrections and errors be made.

So what category does the brave Bradly Manning and Julian Assange falls in? I have no intention to influence your own free will to pass judgement or support, but events had run its course, an ultimate judgement and support awaits you, who is part of my race, to save or to lynch both men and such courageous heroes like them.

On another note, it would be interesting to see WHICH branch of the government and WHO decides to press charges against Julian and Bradly Manning. It will be informative for mankind as a whole, on who ther REAL enemies of humanity are.......

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

So basically in this situation everyone should be prosecuted?

Government ( H.Clinton for example ) and the one who leaked the information.

About Assagne, he didn´t steal anything. If he is tried so should be every news network who used the exact same leaks as Assange used, the ones someone in the army/intelligence leaked.

And to be frank to gice access to highly or for example NOFOR information to someone with SOO low level of clearence ( someone at his/hers 20s ) is pretty amazingly stupid. 21-25 yrs old "teenagers" ( to me ) can have access to classified materials...nice. But then again It´s good they had access.

Now some of the sheeps might realise that the ones in power aint nothing but own gain making money leaning cheating inbread effers.

Yeah the Vatican....Don´t accuse our pedophile priest, give ´em immunity. ( Thank GOD this was "leaked" by wikileaks ) Shows how corrupted church has been since day one. All what the spanish incvisition was about was when priests wanted to have sex with "common" mens wifes and after the men protesting, church made it heresy to question priests and started torturing...

I think wikileaks haters would prefer it that way nowadays, would you?
edit on 11-12-2010 by finallianstallion because: typo

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Reading through this thread, all I can think is there are quite a few US soldiers who need to better learn how all the freedoms they risk their lives "protecting" actually work...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
A traitor to his own nation is someone who STEALS secrets and sell it in cash or kind to another nation to bring hurt and harm to his fellow citizens.

A spy is a foriegn national who STEALS secrets for his own country, to either protect his own fellow citizens from hurt and harm, or to pursue his masters' agenda, to cause hurt and harm to foreign citizens.

So evidently this is not the case. Assange has not stolen anything and in this case his "country" would be the world.
If you wanna go deeper to the word "steal" it means that you take something away from someone. I´d say these leaks are more of a copy, which Assange did not make.

A whistle blower is one who instead saw hurt and harm being down to his fellow citizens and other citizens by the very authorities he belongs to, and he is only of our own race - humans, and with human conscience, decides to release such knowledge to the public through an honest intermediary, more often brave and courageous journalist, to inform the public so that corrections and errors be made.

This is a worldwide happening so yes, Assange "blows" on this one. All the leaks are not about USA as someone tries to accuse. >>>> for example The Vatican and their lies.
I think it is OK to let the audience see how innocent civilians and reporters are slaughteres by gunho american troops, isn´t it? Or should it all be just swept under the rug?

On another note, it would be interesting to see WHICH branch of the government and WHO decides to press charges against Julian and Bradly Manning. It will be informative for mankind as a whole, on who ther REAL enemies of humanity are.......

I´d like to see the real scenario with a time machine.

1. What if people didnt know that Catholic Church wanted pedofile priests in Ireland to be given immunitury?
2..What if people didnt know that Vatican is money laundring 650 billion euros, no-one knows where it is. Under investigation. Could it be that this "god"-institution is and always has been a coverup for moneyhungry pedofiles?

And leaks putting USA armed forces in harms way? Gimme ONE example how these leaks have done so??? Even one?!!? Most of te lekas are nothing but bull# talk about "Afghan president is gracy and Putin is batman" So what? If that puts USA armed personel in harms way then there should be more to think about than leaks.

Putting US forces in harms way just another way to distract people away from the real agenda. People in power are just like you and me, sometimes wiser, sometimes dumer..but nevertheless humanbeings with needs and lies and envy and...emotions.

Still waiting for the REAL lekas if there never be one. So for nothing new under the sun by these leaks.

Anyone with o brain knew these already, altho´ some sheeps and drones might have said that these are conspiracies but now they are reality. Yes, Vatican hides their pedofiles !

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

You didn't have to say anything else after that statement. That sums up the entire ordeal pretty quickly. People are arguing technicalities and semantics.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join