It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to be charged with espionage in US

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Good, he deserves what he gets..I hope him AND Pvt Bradley are co defendants
edit on 12/10/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

So if he gets being burned alive as punishment, you'll support that. Your a sicko to say "he deserve whatever he gets". Absolutely sick. Maybe someone you care about will get a nasty punishment some day and we'll see your tune instantly change.

The appropriate punishment for releasing information should be absolute zero because in America we have the freedom of speech and can release whatever information we want at whatever time we want. But rather than supporting the freedom of speech you support the death penalty when people express things you don't like.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
reply to post by The_Zomar

I can can tell you what he did that was illegal. The information that he posted wasn't his to post. Nor did it belong to the people that sent it to him in the first place. He received stolen goods, but more importantly, he received goods that were stolen from the U.S. Government. He's going to burn for it.
edit on 11-12-2010 by baked because: typo

It doesn't belong to the government either. WL returned what rightfully belongs to The People. It was our money, blood, sweat and tears that paid for it. Had the government been responsible with that information, this would have never come about.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I don't think he would survive long if he got to the U.S.

I think he might be offed at some point. I'm surprised he's still alive, actually.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

Think of it as copyrighted content. They wrote it, so it belongs to them. Oh, and some clarification. I'm not saying that this is right; i'm merely stating how it is.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
reply to post by The_Zomar

I can tell you what he did that was illegal. The information that he posted wasn't his to post. Nor did it belong to the people that sent it to him in the first place. He received stolen goods, but more importantly, he received goods that were stolen from the U.S. Government. He's going to burn for it.
edit on 11-12-2010 by baked because: typo

Okay, so following your logic, you would agree that the managing editors of the New York Times, Guardian, Time Magazine, and everyone else who has reprinted WL documents should be "burning" in prison for this, correct?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

Public Domain?

§ 105. Subject matter of copyright: United States Government works

Copyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the United States Government, but the United States Government is not precluded from receiving and holding copyrights transferred to it by assignment, bequest, or otherwise.

www.copyright.gov...

Copyright and Other Rights Pertaining to U.S. Government Works

www.usa.gov...

Sec. 1.7. Classification Prohibitions and Limitations.
(a) In no case shall information be classified, continue to be maintained as classified, or fail to be declassified in order to:

(1) conceal violations of law, inefficiency, or administrative error;
(2) prevent embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency;
(3) restrain competition; or
(4) prevent or delay the release of information that does not require protection in the interest of the national security.

www.archives.gov...

'Stealing' is one thing. Publishing is another. Classifying to hide what you are doing is something else entirely. This is not an open and shut case.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Remember that scene in Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure when Socrates and Billy The Kid rescue Bill and Ted from being decapitated in the Middle Ages? Well, I hope something like that happens with Julian Assange. Hopefully a time-traveling agent rescues him at the last moment before he disappears into the Satanic basement of the Pentagon...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm mad about the principle of sending someone like Assange to prison for revealing the corruption in our government. However, I don't care if Assange himself is arrested. Wikileaks, as I see it, is totally useless. It's not about freedom of information as they claim, but to shake up the power base in America. If it really was freedom of information, he would have disseminated the cables to the public instead of THE BIGGEST EFFING MAGAZINES ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET! His information (that was shared) was neither shocking or anything new. Oh, our government spies on people, who would have guessed? That's never happened ever! Honestly, 60 year old documents like MK Ultra, Operation Paperclip, and REX 84 are just lying around where anyone can find them (except few people know about them) and they are much much more disturbing than any of the cables that were released. I'm not so sure about Assange being part of the NWO, but he was certainly leaked useless information by Manning (who I believe is NWO) and is now a wonderful tool to increase the power of the FCC.

So, no, I don't really give a # if Assange is arrested. You should expect this stuff by now.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I wonder if he will be charged with blackmail, too...he seems to have been doing a lot of that and apparently struck a deal with Israel, and probably others.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Wait I thought that he would relsease the poison pill if he got arrested?

Ohh I see he did get arrested, yet no poison pill released...

Just another Hoax as usual......

As charged with espionage, yeah right, let me know when the trial ever starts and then believe it.

Just another psy-ops game to patriot act the internet, all of you continue to believe it and give it momentum.

I don't think most of you would know truth if it bit you on the ass!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Let me guess...you've been reading Gordon Duff.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Hi Cablespider!

You seem to like the WL stuff. So here is some information I have found that may be of interest.
Personally I don't care about it that much but maybe you could start a new thread with this info:

Open Leaks!!

Enjoy and 73's,
Tom

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
so what i gather is hes going to be accused of spying for revealing who we spy on?
so nothing will happen to the spies detailed in the docs, but he gets reamed?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

You'd be crazy to leak anything to those opportunists. What good what it do to give the info right back to TPTB?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Hey Cablespider,

I just posted for the information supplied in the link for you and the thread.

I don't have any info to leak anyway.

So I guess I wouldn't be crazy...

Just trying to help.

Tom

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cablespider
reply to post by tomdham

You'd be crazy to leak anything to those opportunists. What good what it do to give the info right back to TPTB?

That's surely not true, but their idea is at least a little weird. They wait for whistleblowers to put infos on their computers, which they sell to the media... Sounds like a convineant job.

Reminds me to that young guy who sat there in an office, feet on the table, asking for a coffee. When I asked him, what he was doing, he told me, he was formatting the harddrives. He wasn't payed by hour, but by ten minutes.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

Understood. Thanks.

I didn't mean you specifically. I meant anybody interested in being a source for them.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
People don't understand this but the NWO has already been here for awhile it's just covered in candy for the public. Anyone who thought the NWO meant that we would become a military police state is an idiot. The Espionage Act is just another tool of slavery. It basically says that if you say anything bad about the US you can be persecuted.

The law was later extended on May 16, 1918 by the Sedition Act of 1918–actually a set of amendments to the Espionage Act–which prohibited many forms of speech, including "any disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language about the form of government of the United States...or the flag of the United States, or the uniform of the Army or Navy."[2]

Say something bad about the US and millions of people listen to you? Off to an unknown prison for you to be tortured! If Julian is put on trial in the US (which has no business of detaining him) the public will applaud and congratulate each other. This is what America has become. As long as you are a loyal puppy dog and don't look behind the curtain everything will be ok.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability

Wait I thought that he would relsease the poison pill if he got arrested?

Ohh I see he did get arrested, yet no poison pill released...

Just another Hoax as usual......

It's a little difficult, when people come with the same stuff every few pages. Assange is just arrested, because Sweden tries to get hold of him, to ask him questions. Why should Wikileaks drop their assurance for this ridiculous matter?

The other question, if he was charged by the Swedes, which caused some here to insult a poster from Australia: No, they did not charge him yet. On their official site they explain, that they need Assange to continue the investigation.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join