It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to be charged with espionage in US

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Xcathdra

When the brick walls came up, and there was no chane assange was going to return voluntarily, it looks like they issued an arrest warrant based on the 4 charges i order to extradite.

So I guess you must be able to easily show when and where Sweden requested Assange return for questioning..
Ohh, and also where they asked the UK if they could question Assange in the UK..
That would of course have simplified proceedings.
I know you used the word "interrogate" but that does sound rather harsh when NO charges had yet been laid..

I am going to assume you live in a western country, but are not western. The reason I say this is you seem to take a weird view when it comes to judicial procedures. Interrogation, in the most basic sense in western law, is custody (means you cannot freely leave) + questioning (which will involve guilt seeking questions) = interrogation (and miranda if you are in the US).

Interrogation by non western stadanrds is to beat the hell out of someone until they confess (Iran as an example).

As far as where I got the information from, go back and read the posts and the links that are attached and you can see the exact same information I have been using, including the PA's explanation of why they declined a phone interview as well as a PA going to England to interrogate assange.

You can say it as much as you want (no charges blah blah) but it only makes it true in your brain. Since you want to constantly use it, please explain to us in your mind, using supporting info from legitimate sources, how you come to the conclsuion Assange is not being charged with anything?

Please and Thank you
edit on 11-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I must add this.... Interrogation means in US ways to put people in Abu Graib or Guantanamo and torture them until the confession?

See my point?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by finallianstallion

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by finallianstallion

Ive answered this a few times, and I will try one more time. If you read all of the info surrounding this mess, and I mean all of it and not jsut the assange supporting material, you will find there is talk about Manning receving technical assistance from wikileaks.

Ok.

If that is true then there is something to the accusations of Wikileaks giving aid or stealing something.

The problem is, it is NOT true, but our friend Xcathdra keeps on and on telling this, in the hope, it becomes true.
His "source" is Adrian Lamo, the hacker who put Manning in and Lamo never had this from Manning, but simply said, that he could imagine, that it could have been that way.

How much Xcathdra studied the rape case can be seen on page 7, where he says:

Also, the 2 women according to their lawyer worked for wikileaks.

This is so absolutely wrong, that he obviously did not care to read anything at all. - But since he said, the source was their lawyer it is not his fault...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Id rather assange cooperate in taking wikileaks down then see him go to the slammer for 20 years plus don't you think?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

For what?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You can say it as much as you want (no charges blah blah) but it only makes it true in your brain. Since you want to constantly use it, please explain to us in your mind, using supporting info from legitimate sources, how you come to the conclsuion Assange is not being charged with anything?

Mate, cut the crap..You admitted yourself he has not been charged..
And as for not knowing where I am?
You know that because when you posted a link from perth dated 12 dec, which is tomorrow, I told you I was in Melbourne..

Is it simply that you tell so many lies that it makes it difficult for you to remember what you have said and read??

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Well what I know from Swedish papers is that those women had sex with Assange and nothing happened ( I mean no rape-charges, Assange actually lived with the other one for a week after alledged molestation )
(Hell I wrote this in here earlier people come on read these post not just rant...)
One of those even bragged about it. The thing was that they dindn´t use condom and women wanted to go to STD test and Assange refused. So the rape in that contect is not the right term.

One of those women had earlier posted to internet ( maybe tweeded, I don´t rememeber ) a guide called "how to get back at your ex-boyfriend" A FACT

So this sounds JUST like how to get back at your ex. And those tweets can still be found from the net.
edit on 11-12-2010 by finallianstallion because: typo

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by finallianstallion

For what?

If those were the options what would you rather for assange?

Im sure they are playing good cop bad cop with him.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hate to break it to you guys, but Xcathdra is right. Julian Assange has been formally charged with "Sex By Surprise" (according to Julian's lawyer, Mark Stephens). Julian Assange was originally wanted for questioning in the UK in relation to an international arrest warrant detailing four counts of "rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion.", provided by the Swedish prosecution office. The warrant was issued by Interpol and contained the necessary information needed for UK authorities to arrest Julian and question him for the purpose of reviewing Sweden's extradition request. It is up to the UK authorities to decide whether Julian is to be extradited to Sweden, according to the charges laid before them. This is something that Julian's lawyers are going to fight hard against in a British court.

There are plenty of references online to the charges laid against Julian. Spend some time and source them out.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Well I think Assange should be sentenced to jail IF AND ONLY IF all the newspapers releasing these same leaks also are convicted. He has done nothin more than given papers to people and to the media about the criminal acts of governments ( mostly US ) and hes stolen nothing. He was given these documents.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Hmmm logged off again..My you are a strange one logging off every few minutes..Weird..

But anyway..Here are YOUR words again..
He is a SUSPECT...No charges have been laid although they may follow...

Uhm.. yeah.. A suspect is someone who is suspected of comitting a crime based on information and investigation. You can charge a suspect with a crime, at which point the suspect says guilty, or not guilty, and the court proceedings move on from there.

He is a suspect on 4 counts in the category of Sex Offenses.

But you just keep up with the lies and trying to make me look bad..
I don't care what I look like as long as you are shown for what you are..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
From slate(dot)com...

Is "Sex by Surprise" Illegal in the United States?
How would the alleged Swedish sex crimes of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange fare in an American court?
By Jessica GrosePosted Monday, Dec. 6, 2010, at 6:20 PM ET

Julian Assange's lawyer told AOL News on Thursday that the WikiLeaks founder has been charged with "sex by surprise" in Sweden. Though the lawyer says he doesn't know what "sex by surprise" means, the Swedish prosecution office announced that they are charging Assange with "rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion." These charges allegedly stem from consensual sexual encounters with two separate women that became nonconsensual at some point during the act. (Update, Dec. 7, 2010: Julian Assange was arrested in Britain by an extradition unit on Swedish charges of unlawful coercion, sexual molestation, and rape.) If this had happened in the United States, could Assange have been charged with a crime?

Possibly. The traditional common-law rule is that there needs to be both lack of consent and the threat of physical force in order for a sexual violation to constitute rape. By that standard, Assange might be in the clear if his alleged activities took place in the United States (and if no violence was involved). But in some states, lack of consent can by itself serve as the basis for a rape charge. The exact circumstances under which a woman might revoke her consent varies: In Illinois, for example, it is considered rape if a woman says "no" at any time during sex and her partner does not stop. Other states are vague on the question of whether someone can change her mind after penetration has occurred. And some courts have been very clear that consent is locked in once intercourse has begun.

There used to be even more requirements for a woman to bring rape charges. Until the legal reform movement that began in the 1970s, a prosecutor would take on a case only if the woman could corroborate that the rape had occurred—her own testimony was insufficient without a third-party witness or evidence of serious injury. That requirement has been dropped from most state rape laws. Feminist reformers also tried to do away with the idea that rape must include at least the threat of physical force, but with less success. The so-called "resistance requirement"—as in, the woman must try to resist the attack—has remained on the books in most states, albeit in a watered-down form. For example, a woman no longer has to prove that she fought back to the best of her ability—she only needs to prove that she did enough to let her partner know she did not want sex.
edit on 11-12-2010 by radionactive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

What planet are you from?

Julian Assange is locked up in the UK because he is due to stand before a British court to defend himself from being extradited to Sweden under an international arrest warrant detailing four charges laid by the Swedish prosecution office.

This is fact.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by radionactive

There are plenty of references online to the charges laid against Julian. Spend some time and source them out.

There are also plenty of references online saying it was rape also but both women agree it was consensual..
They even bought him breakfast..!!!!
Not what most women do after being raped..
He has not been charged..He is wanted for questioning as a suspect in an ongoing investigation..

That is fact...Regardless of how MSM like to spin it...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by radionactive

What planet are you from?

Julian Assange is locked up in the UK because he is due to stand before a British court to defend himself from being extradited to Sweden under an international arrest warrant detailing four charges laid by the Swedish prosecution office.

This is fact.

Wrong..Show me the proof..I have seen what the swedish prosecutor requested..
Assange was merely red flaged by interpol..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

There are also plenty of references online saying it was rape also but both women agree it was consensual..
They even bought him breakfast..!!!!
Not what most women do after being raped..
He has not been charged..He is wanted for questioning as a suspect in an ongoing investigation..

That is fact...Regardless of how MSM like to spin it...

Assange even lived with the other woman for a week after the "molestation". A fact.

The other one said that the sex waas dull and "something similar".. In the police questioning it went from dull
+ "?" to a rape. ( I´ve written these before ) and the Swedish law about rape is not ( I think ) familiar to most of people in here. A sex with someone without a condom is almost rape if the women afterwards complains about it. I personally hate rapers but that´s how it is. 2 women decided to get right back at a man who wanted only one nighter.

And once again, the other women has released a month before these "rapes" a guide "how to get back at you ex-boyfrien". ....makes you wonder???

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Assange is in custody without bail.

www.bbc.co.uk...

hamsayeh.net...

And the exact "charges" are

"One of the charges is that he had unprotected sex with a woman, identified only as Miss A, when she insisted he use a condom.

Another is that he had unprotected sex with another woman, Miss W, while she was asleep"

So about the molestation and rape.....??
edit on 11-12-2010 by finallianstallion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

What the hell do you think was in the second arrest warrant issued to the UK authorities? The British Police specifically requested the Swedish prosecution office to detail the list of charges so they could bring Julian in for questioning.

This is why they rejected the first warrant and Sweden rushed a second warrant through... this time with the alleged crimes listed in detail. Once these alleged crimes are officially written down, they become 'charges' by all definition of the law.

Whether or not these charges have any merit is up to a court to decide.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

give this post a star
posted on 11-12-2010 @ 20:41 this post

Assange is in custody without bail.

www.bbc.co.uk...

hamsayeh.net...

And the exact "charges" are

"One of the charges is that he had unprotected sex with a woman, identified only as Miss A, when she insisted he use a condom.

Another is that he had unprotected sex with another woman, Miss W, while she was asleep"

So about the molestation and rape.....??

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
He refused to comply with being sent to sweden that is a fact..

He does not want to be extradited but if he did only get convicted of this

sex by surprise in sweden only carries a maximum of 2 years... thats a walk in the park IF he even got the max.

There trying to get something bigger on him trust me..

Yes it was a international warrent from sweden..
edit on 11-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join