It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Riots: Riot Vans and Rolls Royces

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The police generally dont carry guns here unless they are military police or from an armed responce unit. There was an inccident a couple of years ago where one of Tony Blairs protection officers left a gun in a London starbucks toilet (that would be a restroom to our american cousins) and the media went crazy about it. I think the gun laws are stupid here because the people who will use them for crime still manage to get hold of them! All the gorrilla type guns are regularly confiscated by police such as Mac10s and small pistols. However, you can get a shotgun licence which funnillyenough entitles you to legally operate a tanks main battle cannon!
www.timesonline.co.uk...

edit on 10/12/2010 by stimmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

There is no doubt in my mind they put agents in the midst to turn public opinion against the protesters. The only way the elites can stay in power is through consent of the governed. They will do whatever they have to to turn public opinion against those that would change the system.
As for where the corruption is, come on! The banks have been bailed out but not punished for their criminal acts. And yes, they WERE criminal and they are STILL doing it. With an increase in tuition, who gets the interest from the inevitable loans that have to be taken out?
If the Prince and Princess were really for the people they would lead the protesters to the banksters hideout.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by raceway40

you talk about 31.00 an hour and COMPLAINING about it, I manage to live on 1300 A MONTH,thats what the VA gives me for my pension, quit your crying!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by raceway40
... have no idea how we are going to afford our own house (which we are looking at today) and live comfortably.

What's "comfortably?"

In the U.S. in the 30's, 40's and much of the 50's you could own a car for one tenth the average annual income. A home for about two years the average annual income. These things were technically much more difficult and costly to build then.

So how is it that when everything is so cheap and quick to build or manufacture the average car costs nearly a years average salary and the average home nearly 6 years the average salary?

You have every right to be pissed. Hell, I'm pissed. Just make sure you're pissed at the right people for the right reasons. If you're pissed at the wrong people for the wrong reasons all of your effort is just going to make this all worse down the road.

The MIC and all of the federal expansion during WWII ruined this country and each passing administration just layers on more and more. Just about everyone who lived in the "free" America is gone now. It'll take nothing less than burning all of this crap down to get back to where we should be.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I musts say, Living in England, its about time.
the people are finally doing something. Its great news in a way.
Id also like to add, although not as bad as some countries, England is becoming more and more a police state, one of my friends 15 year old brothers protested at one of the demonstrations, and was "peaceful" as far as you can be at a protest.
He was then attacked by the police, who went as far to stamp in his head whilst he was pushed down.
That is not on at all...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Rising tuition costs will directly effect Britain's ability to gain an education, and therefor gain the status they need to become a positive influence on society. Using the economy as an excuse to render an entire generation, and or multiple generations useless is corrupt in and of itself. But the facts are, a limited number of people signed those checks. I can guarantee you that none of the kids breaking windows and commandeering police vans wanted big banks and government to get bailed out at the expense of their lively hood. This is a direct threat to their future, and the situation is being mirrored within the US as well.

Smash all the property you wish youth of Britain. You're slowing down the machine and making a real statement to the elitists in seeds of power.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
What you are seeing is entitlement run amuk. Spoiled kiddies used to getting something for cheap. Now the money is running out and they've gotta' work for it and pay for it themselves. Boo-freak'n-hooo. Arrest them. Make them pay for damages. Educate them on basic economics ... a broke government means no more free ride entitlements. Thats just reality.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

so you would have no problem if they came and burned your house down in protest, right?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I went to a local protest on wednesday in the town of Reading. It was a much smaller scale but we still scared the local conservatives, when we got to their little building on an industrial estate they shut all the windows and we noticed they had removed all the posters that are usually plastered all over the walls. It was a peaceful protest. BUT there was a few riot vans and several officers around just in case... lol

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stimmy

Instead of being out there complaining that you aren't getting free stuff on the backs of working tax payers, how about you go use that time to find a job so you can pay for an education? What part of the government not having any money don't you understand?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

If my house was a public building than sure, no problem at all. Not once has anyone burnt a house of a private citizen to the ground, not once.

I'm not sure how it works in Britain, since I'm American, but over here my tax money pays for police cars. If it's the same across the pond then i see no problem with destroying every last bit of it.

I fully endorse violent protest. It's the only thing that gets any one to open their flippin eyes.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by stimmy

Instead of being out there complaining that you aren't getting free stuff on the backs of working tax payers, how about you go use that time to find a job so you can pay for an education? What part of the government not having any money don't you understand?

Find a job, ah yes, like the job ive been trying to find for the last 4 months! I live in a rural area and there arnt any jobs here! I have a good CV and stuff but i live to far from any built up areas, ive applied everywhere i can but still no job and still no job for my mates who live out here too! But, people with not so great CVs and stuff btu who live in the towns and cities seem to have no problem at all... Im not even planningon going to Uni, im just protesting for what i think is right. For me its the armed forces be it RAF or Army.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I thought it was interesting that the security guys in the car following the royals didn't make any attempt to protect them, I would have thought that was their job.

Why couldn't they have travelled to the gig in a regular or darkened windowed car?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by stimmy

AND Can i also add that i do NOT claim EMA becase i personally disagree with it and see first hand how it is used only for recreactional use, if i wanted i could leave home and live off the government- in other words you and other tax payers- BUT I DONT. So dont start going on about complaining about 'gettting free stuff' The protests are about the rise in fees of education which is NEEDED to get a decent job for a lot of people, its moves like a rise in tuition fees that encourage the separation of the upper and lower class.

CX

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by raceway40

I'm talking about the property they destroyed, what right do they have to do that?
I'm all for peaceful protesting, but when you destroy property, I draw the line at that

Totaly agree.

I would love to get every one of the vandals that did this damage, and see if they have anything to do with what the peacefull students are protesting about.

I have a feeling that most of the ones causing damage will not be students, or will not give a damn about the aim of this protest.

Some people just have no morals, no respect and like to break things.

CX.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The attacker of the Royal Rolls was lucky he was not shot and from what I read this morning the individual actually managed to jab a stick or staff of some sort through an open window in the Rolls. According to the story the stick actually jabbed Camilla in the ribs. That's assault with a weapon.

I am surprised that the window was open and that this vehicle does not have ballistic glass or even tinted glass to conceal the ID of the passengers.

Anyway, these protests that have been going on for weeks apparently mean nothing anyway. The vote has been cast!!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I've heard on the news that this car didn't take It's normal, quiet, back-street route.... but instead the security team opted to take HRH and Camilla right through the middle of this protest?

This smells funny to me...

Did they WANT the students to attack this car, perhaps to use against them and against protests in the future.

Seems dodgy to me.

edit on 10/12/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I've heard on the news that this car didn't take It's normal, quiet, back-street route.... but instead the security team opted to take HRH and Camilla right through the middle of this protest?

This smells funny to me...

Did they WANT the students to attack this car, perhaps to use against them and against protests in the future.

Seems dodgy to me.

Yes, that's what apparently happened, not quite right, is it? I'm glad to see someone has remained on topic

And to the few others

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Some of you guys don't know what your're talking about! :shk:

Free ride? entitlements?

Europe has a completely different society model than yours with much higer taxes which our grand parents, parents and ourselves has paid into on the pretext that even less fortunate children from poorer families could have access to the same university education - without having Banks and financial institutions making profits on these services!

The pretext for paying these much higer taxes than Americans is that we get cheaper health care and education. Otherwise there would not be any financial incentives to pay these much higher "than you" taxes.

Now the Bankster's corrupt politicians want to Americanise the system so that the Banks will benefit more than the collective funds we were quite happy with. The Banks will be quite happy for these changes since now people have to borrow money from them, instead of having the system based on a collective model and paid for by high taxes.

NO ONE! would complain if they at the same time were lowering the taxes to an American level so we could pay for these services ourselves - but that is not happening, we have to pay the same high taxes as before "sans" the services which before was provided by paying higer taxes than the Americans.

If you are looking at what is happening in Europe with American eyes only, you'll get a skewed picture since our society models and tax systems are completely different, and they are based on completely different values of our societies.

You guys get to keep more money in your pocket after tax so that you can buy these services from private providers yourselves WHILE in our society model we kept greedy Corporations and Banks away from our healthcare and educational systems because we prefered to finance them collectively through a tax system with much higher taxes which provided us with these services.

By doing so, we also paid these "higher taxes" to cover for the less fortunate families who maybe couldn't afford to get their children higher education or expensive healthcare.

Many of us agreed to pay these higher taxes into this system because of solidarity to the less fortunate!

But now the corrupt neoliberals wants their private Bankster puppet masters to benefit of these services instead of having them financed collectively through a non-profit system.

The member Dagar expressed this much more eloquently in this post:

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

The world owes you nothing, YOU have to take RESPONSIBILITY and get on with it.....

Originally posted by Dagar

Ok and fine ... but

Stop taxing the crap out of people, on the pretext you are going to provide free education... then carry on taxing the crap out of people whilst asking them to pay for their education.

Not the people's fault you decided to waste our taxes on bailing out a load of bankers, and now expect the people to pay that debt as well.

I agree with the principle of you pay your own way... The trouble is people have... FOR GENERATIONS!!... Those kids' parents (and this country) paid more tax (directly and indirectly) than pretty much any other country in Europe except possible some of the Scandinavian countries.

We pay taxes on our fuel that would have our American cousins screaming blue murder and reaching for their guns

We pay so much tax on our alcohol and cigarettes that people take daytrips over to France to stock up and still spend a fraction of what they would over here.

We pay taxes till we literally resemble a corpse after a pack of vampires has been at it.

We do this so our government provides healthcare, education, pensions, and everything else they use as an excuse to Tax us.

The reason people are getting so hacked off to the point of violence is because we bailed out a whole bunch of Hooray Henries who were 'too big to fail'. Now, those same Hooray Henries are telling our governments that we are spending too much money (go figure), and our government is either cutting services we paid for, or asking people to pay for them again.

We don't get 'free' education or healthcare, contrary to what most Americans think... We pay taxes to have them provided when we need them. We don't pay those taxes to have our government bail out all those 'too big to fail' establishments!!

edit on 10-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

W3RLIED2

Firstly I just want to say I think your a Pratt !!

Endorsing violence like you do only causes more division and polarisation........ I agree with your sentiments that things have to change and that the power and wealth is Dominated by the few BUT
in your signature is the TRUE way of hurting the machine !!!!

Maybe if all the F*ukwits, students and other assorted feral scumbags thought about it for a bit and stopped their pointless pursuit of consumerism and celebrity worship (which is probably what they have gone back to today) then maybe we COULD Effect change ???!!!

One of my colleagues had his car damaged yesterday because some scumbag student thought it funny to cause damage........ If that had been your property I'm sure you would have said ..' yeah, well done mate..... go for it..!"

Thought not !! you'd have thought 'Pratt'

Regards

PDUK

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join