It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The other shoe is about to drop-The days of freedom of expression are about to end

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I've been a lurker here for about 8 years, signed on this past august and have finally found it necessary to post a new thread. Our days are numbered. This sh#tstorm over wiki is going to be the excuse that Barry's whitehouse uses to close down this site and all sites that allow us freedom to exchange news and opinions without fear of retribution, if for no other reason than the anonymity it affords us. The left has been planning their bloodless coup for over thirty years and the only thing that can stop them is the light of truth. Well, I hate to say it but, our days are numbered. Those of you that are haters will have won. Mark my words, within six months they will shut this site and all like it down. We are way too dangerous to be allowed to exist.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks for the warning, andnwhat should we do to protect ourselves. We can't just give up can we ?there has to some counter measure that can begin to be implemented .Please tell me it's not too late, I really cherish my privacy and the right to free speech.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
One thing I'm sure of is that the power that the internet has in offering a virtual world from the confines of your own home is one of, if not THE most useful tool the goverments of the world have. A tool that will be in use at all costs. I am 99.9993% sure that the internet will live on...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

If you think there is a difference between "left"/"right" Democrat/Republican, then YOU have played right into their game.

I think you give the US govt too much credit. They cant "shut down" the internet. It wont happen. The world would come to a crashing halt. They would be destroying the infrastructure that they themselves rely upon.

You have nothing to fear, but fear itself.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure there's anything we can do. I'm actually pissed off writing this. But when you look at what's going on with an attorney general thats got an agenda that's without precedent, we should be very afraid.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the Predictions Forum? Just kidding, but figured someone will come along and say that

Not sure that it's the bloodless coup of the left but, yeah, things are starting to heat up and most of the infrastructure is in place for whatever hell the globalists are gonna raise.

So far we haven't seemed much of a threat to 'them.' But as the curtain rises and reveals the stage and actors, it becomes imperative to silence the loudmouths (us).

Someone made a post here in the last few days saying how it's all our own fault for letting it get to this point and I do have regrets about my antipathy over the years to fix things. But maybe in the coming days we'll all have a moment when we, in our own little or great way, can stand for truth or deny an injustice. Peace.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

They can't shut down the internet? Remember you said that. I guarantee that's exactly what they'll do.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

ive been telling you people that barry obama and his people were fascists!!

anybody want to give odds and action on the "internet disconnect" prediction?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed

They can't shut down the internet? Remember you said that. I guarantee that's exactly what they'll do.

You gaurentee they will shut down the internet? Remember you said that. I gaurentee thats something they will never do.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

They cant "shut down" the internet. It wont happen. The world would come to a crashing halt. They would be destroying the infrastructure that they themselves rely upon.

Finally, a voice of reason! You're absolutely correct- they cannot shut down the Internet, as a good percentage of the American economy runs on the Internet now. Politicians may be stupid, but even they understand that such an action would be suicide. I do believe, however, that they certainly will TRY to curtail certain sites. Even if they are successful, other technologies will take over, and continue. Once people have tasted freedom, they never go back to slavery.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You realize that if they "shut down" the internet, there will be riots in the street and the global economy will shut down. The US govt is the most powerful in the world and they are struggling to maintain two wars in middle eastern countries.

This whole myth about martial law and the govt taking over is bunk. The US govt wants you to think they have that kind of power. They dont.

If the internet was shut down, there would be riots and the govt would lose control very quickly. Police, military, etc. are our family members, they are our bothers, sisters, moms dads, aunt, uncles and cousins. Are they all going to tow the company line? Especially when they arent getting paid because their paycheck was deposited electronically. And their families are starving because food shipments are not being made.

Trust me if the internet went down. No one would have any control. Not even the govt.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

They cant "shut down" the internet. It wont happen. The world would come to a crashing halt. They would be destroying the infrastructure that they themselves rely upon.

Finally, a voice of reason! You're absolutely correct- they cannot shut down the Internet, as a good percentage of the American economy runs on the Internet now. Politicians may be stupid, but even they understand that such an action would be suicide. I do believe, however, that they certainly will TRY to curtail certain sites. Even if they are successful, other technologies will take over, and continue. Once people have tasted freedom, they never go back to slavery.

Agreed. They may try to shut down certain sites but the hacker community is large and in charge. There are teenage kids in this world that are as savvy online as Joe Govt sitting at US headquarters.

The internet scares the poop out of the global govts because they know full well they have almost no control over it. But at the same time they rely on it just as we do.

If the internet was shut down, the military itself would be hampered beyond belief. What form of communication would they use? Even many older systems rely on the internet to function these days.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The Internet certainly scares them, and that's why there's all these silly attempts at censoring its content. But most of these politicians have no idea how the technology works. Basically, you cannot suppress free speech on the Internet without shutting it down entirely (or establishing a total-control totalitarian dictatorship). And as others on this thread have shown, they cannot shut it down without causing an immediate SHTF scenario.

If I had to speculate on the basic feelings of TPTB toward the Internet, it's something along the lines of a cowering, "How did we create this monster?"

Of course, SHTF will come anyway when the dollar collapses. Perhaps that's when they'll finally put the leash on the Internet.

I'm of the opinion that if mankind has any salvation in the troubling times to come, it's from the Internet. I recently made this thread to describe my feelings about the Internet.

edit on 9-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I don't know what country you live in.The U.S.
government acts more like an organized crime
syndicate then a government for the people.
I don't think that the net will be shut down.I think
sometime in the future it will become more controlled.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
I'm not sure there's anything we can do. I'm actually pissed off writing this. But when you look at what's going on with an attorney general thats got an agenda that's without precedent, we should be very afraid.

I think you are panicking. I have no doubt they would like to take control of the internet. They won't shut it though. US is not omnipotent. Other countries and their economies would be affected, as would US economy.
It can't just unilatelrally choose to do this, much as you seem to believe your government is all powerful.

Secondly, there are people already coming up with software to enable people to get round internet censorship. I'm not a techie, so can't explain it - but it will be a people2people net using personal wifi.

So relax a little, and while it's still totally free, use it to fight back.
edit on 9-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I agree that the attorney general is insane. I really believe he is. He is also in deep trouble over the DOJ Black Panther scandal.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Tell you what.. They turn off the internet, they're going to have every goddamn drunkard internet fiend knocking at their door. It's not going to happen. Because if it does. Refer to my last statement.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Could you please remove the profanity from your post.
It is against t&c rules to cuss.
The internet won't be turned off!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Fascists? Are you Glenn Beck? Honest question?
I ask because he seems to define anyone he dislikes as a fascist...
Are you at least a big fan?

Look, (that's my idea of a joke: Since Obama came on the scene he starts every sentence with "Look"....now EVERYONE is doing it...watch out for it) it's clear that Obama seems to be cowtowing to the Republicans right now, and that isn't right. All about representing the people/majority, right? (That's my way of being facetious. How many who voted for the "Bush Tax Cuts" actually have a majority of voters who qualify. Party line voting at its best).

Assange is waiting for the big one. I mentioned this in another thread on the 7th - before the US/Sweden deals were leaked. The 'rape charge' is just a way of getting Assange into the hands of the Swedes and then into the hands of the US. The UK just run too tight a ship to just hand him over.
The internet will not shut down. The internet isn't in one room with a big switch on the wall.
When the SHTF, it will be in the form of information about people of power/money that they cannot defend against. Only then will everyone wake up and realise that they've been lied to for years. Realise that they've been spoon fed rubbish (Glen Beck is the perfect example of 'spoon feeding rubbish to the gullible"), and finally look to create a government for the people. The Tea Party should be all over this, but alas they are led by Karl Rove patsies. Don't tread on me ? Spit. Don't tread on reality.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Bingo! The attorney general is the guy I'm most afraid of. In the name of national security he has virtually unlimited powers. Shutting down the internet can take many forms so let's not get caught up in semantics. What if you had to give your e-mail address in order to post here? Or your name and address where you live? Anonymity is our shield and if I'm right this will be the first thing they go after. Hey, I hope I'm totally wrong on this so let's not kill the messenger.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join