It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I feel sorry for Julian Assange - but he should know better than to publish information without expecting any type of reprisal from those whose business he exposes.
edit on 7-12-2010 by ov3rdos3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The multiple threads are confusing me - I had a twitter link on one of them that had a journalist about to release a link to an op-ed by assange, does anyone have that link?

I changed computers and during that time it seems multiple threads sprung up and now I just can't find the link to that twitter account.

I'd appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This is a horrible way to start the day.
I see a "Free Assanage" campaign in the near future.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Don't know how reputable the source is, but if half of it is true, one need not ponder long that this whole 'arrest' thing is such a sham.

Unbelieveable the international interest in getting this guy behind bars for

this

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

*takes tin foil hat out of drawer*

Personally I lean towards Assange being in the UK because he has been assured protection..

I am going to theorise that the UK is actually on his side, hence no one looking into the legality of his actions in the UK.. I mean even Australians are looking into the legality of his actions.. yet the nation in which he has taken refuge doesn't only makes sense to me if there is some collusion there, and all this time the UK media have Assange on tap, and they do seem to have a freehand in releasing whatever they want, regardless of D-Notices.

I see 2 avenues this taking.. it's thrown out and Assange walks free (my favourite), or Assange is taken into custody (not enough ££ for bail) and if he is taken into protective custody, it will be to keep him safe while some juicy stuff is released, in the meanwhile his lawyers take him through the appeals process and get the charges thrown out

*replaces tin foil hat in drawer*

edit on 7/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gator1177
How can we let this happen? A good man getting arrested on bogus charges??? we need to organize a world wide protest.....i would but i wouldn't know where to start. but we can't let julian go down without a fight. and I hope they release the good stuff that was said to be released if he was arrested.....

Yeah we hope we hope, but nobody does anything about it.
But the man turned himself in, so I am betting he did it for a very good reason.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Prediction:

If Assange doesn't reset his dead man's switch/system, the keycodes will go out for the insurance file and the world will know the horrible truth (whatever that is).

The threat of releasing damaging info is his best short-term bargaining chip.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ov3rdos3
I feel sorry for Julian Assange - but he should know better than to publish information without expecting any type of reprisal from those whose business he exposes.
edit on 7-12-2010 by ov3rdos3 because: (no reason given)

How fast people bail on the man.

cheering him on while he was releasing stuff, but now we dump him like a ton of bricks...and we wonder why nothing ever really changes in the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Great find!

The DailyMail is quite reputable in the United Kingdom, it has a Conservative leaning to it but nonetheless quite reputable.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KingKickass123

Not all of us "bailed" on him. I think this will only gain more support for WikiLeaks.
edit on 7-12-2010 by RichieScott1 because: mis-quote

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by GoalPoster

Great find!

The DailyMail is quite reputable in the United Kingdom, it has a Conservative leaning to it but nonetheless quite reputable.

BBC is also reporting it.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichieScott1

Not all of us "bailed" on him. I think this will only gain more support for WikiLeaks.
edit on 7-12-2010 by RichieScott1 because: mis-quote

Maybe not all, but enough will.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by diamount

Does not appear to proof or evidence! but anyway cheers

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

This will definitely be a time where supporters of the movement will really show. Those that decide to bail on him simply because he is in custody, were never true supporters to begin with. WikiLeaks will be fine without false supporters.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
He should of been smart enough to keep his pants on when talking about usa.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Or, a third route...

The "insurance file" could be highly damaging to the US, especially if its financial, and could be a competitive tool to the British banking system and international cartel of banks. Arresting him means the information is leaked.

Plus, we've just moved his hearing back

davidallengreen #Assange Court staff tell me heAring will likely to be at 2pm. Likely to be District Judge Hammond, though this is not certain.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichieScott1

This will definitely be a time where supporters of the movement will really show. Those that decide to bail on him simply because he is in custody, were never true supporters to begin with. WikiLeaks will be fine without false supporters.

It just fills me with irritation how quickly people turn on somebody.
maybe somebody should just press the reset button on civilisation and humankind, most of us as a collective aren't worth two pieces of crap.

My only hope is that now that he is arrested he makes good on his word of releasing that ensurance package he has storred away for a rainy day.
Bring down the whole damn thing if you ask me, it reeks...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I agree. The cat and mouse game will only muddy the waters even further. Let's bring down the hammer and get down to the dirt. Regardless of these bogus charges, I strongly believe good might actually prevail for once. Hang on tight.

link   
reply to post by jmlima

Yes I do more than 1 leaked Cable. proof over the years more docs (from USA & UK) names etc etc. Not saying you are wrong just a lot more proof than what is offered!

link   

Originally posted by andy1033
He should of been smart enough to keep his pants on when talking about usa.

YEAH!
USA NUMBER 1 !.
Jezus crap man....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join