It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
When listening to Sky as it broke the talking heads went into detail as to how one victim had set up a blog to show women how to legally take revenge on men using this type of method.. It certainly felt like they are laying the groundwork for this to be thrown out of court... they even used the term that this had been originally "laughed out of the court in Sweden"

Then they brought potential American charges into play stating how neither the UK or Sweden could ever legally extradite anyone accused of a crime that carried the death penalty (or fears that it will happen) So any US politician calling for those involved to be executed will kinda make a mess of any such extradition trial..

All in all the feeling I get is the UK authorities are finding ways to wash their hands of doing anything except go through the motions.. underline that, there is always the appeal process to fall back on..

so I will be following this with great interest... as I think there is much more to this than meets the eye..
edit on 7/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Misoir

You can not tell how enraged I am at this very moment.
These claims are complete crap IMO. Look at what happens to all the celebrities that stand up for peoples rights, they get accused of drug use, accused of crimes, even killed. All the create negative images to the public of these people, and to shut them up for good.

To all the governments of the world, I hope you and your corrupt souls rot in hell

Free Assange.

Cheers
Brady

link   

The Metropolitan Police said: "He is accused by the Swedish authorities of one count of unlawful coercion, two counts of sexual molestation and one count of rape, all alleged to have been committed in August 2010."

www.theregister.co.uk...

Also an update from his managers reported on BBC America:

They are afraid this might be a setup for extraditing Julian Assange to the United States and are prepared to fight it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Didn't he say that he'd release very sensitive information were the police go near him?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

UPDATE 10.14pm: WIKILEAKS founder Julian Assange has been arrested by officers from Scotland Yard's extradition unit. The 39-year-old Australian was held when he attended a central London police station by appointment. Assange was arrested at 9.30am (8.30pm AEDT) today and is due to appear before a district judge at the City of Westminster Magistrates' Court before 12.30pm (11.30pm AEDT). Police said he had been been arrested on a Swedish warrant.

www.heraldsun.com.au...
edit on 7-12-2010 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Very strange timing seeing as how today is also the 'Run on the Banks' in Europe. Any coincidence?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I find it interesting how British news media are playing this one... and it certainly feels like they are setting public expectations that this will be thrown out of court, especially utilising descriptions that the first case was "laughed out of court in Sweden" It almost seems as tho some (British Authorities) are going through the motions.. so I'm pretty keen to see how this plays out..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The 39-year-old Australian was held when he attended a central London police station by appointment

so this is by appointment..let' see what happens after court hearings

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
What a complete farce, textbook governments attacking mr assanges's character in order to discredit him and his releases. I understand that police have a job to do to follow up any allegation but all this happens just as wikileaks published the govs dirty little secrets. laughable!

I can't wait to see the secret dossier that he's holding back for his protection, but even with this unfortunatly i think it will end up with the US demanding extradition as they have pretty much branded him as bad as a terrorist, and they will make up any old crap to try and stop him from seeing the light of day for a very long time. If this happens it will be a massive blow for our freedoms.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Spinster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I find it worrying for Sweden that the US has so much control over its judicial arm.

The truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?

You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police. On all sides they are guarded by masses of armed men, cannons, aeroplanes, fortifications, and the like — they boast and vaunt themselves before the world, yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear.

They are afraid of words and thoughts; words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home — all the more powerful because forbidden — terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.

They make frantic efforts to bar our thoughts and words; they are afraid of the workings of the human mind. The day may dawn when fair play, love for one's fellow men, respect for justice and freedom, will enable tormented generations to march forth triumphant from the hideous epoch in which we have to dwell. Meanwhile, never flinch, never weary, never despair.

Never give in — never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Winston Churchill

edit on 7-12-2010 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2010 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jmlima

and the UK is a US-run proxy state.

Got any proof of that? Either way assange is gooooone as the fat man would say!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

The UK cow-tailing to all of the USA's demands seems like one.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Grim and sad.....

Maybe next months we will see the worst!

Julian Assange: "Let me die with the Philistines!" (Judges 16:30)

link   
As I hear it, the Swedish women have requested Assange be tested for venereal disease as part of their appeal - the first charges having gone nowhere.

Reports have already said that the women had 'framed' Assange, in a way, one being a militant feminist bent on "getting back" at men. Apparently the other women was Tweeting after her "rape" and boasting at having slept with Assange. Assange's arrest warrant in Europe was issued in November.

I think this will go nowhere... BUT... perhaps the Swedes are more likely to hand over Assange?

link   
Hmm so off he goes to Sweden then to face these charges. Hopefully his defense fund is made available to him so he isn't short changed in court.

AND to those in pursuit of his lynching please remember that the world is watching...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well I guess it could spin two ways.

For those who think Assange is a NWO tool, he could've chose this time to take the news and heat off the bank run and be the main story, to minimise damage and exposure of the story.
For those who of us who think he's above board, he could've chosen this time hoping that the bank run would get the most exposure and his embarrassing arrest would play second fiddle.

Guess it depends which side of the fence people are on when it comes to Assange. And which way you want to spin it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by andy1033

He should of known if he is smart that uk police use electronic mind control, so he has to be careful in his thoughts too.

Are you serious? How do you know this to be a fact? Do you think they will subliminally tell Julian to forget to release the encryption/decryption details?

Why yes of course, his life is a fact after all! The police have been trying to get him to commit a crime for 18 years!

MI5, mind control, the Queen is a lizard etcetera [insert insane ramblings here].

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Do you want better proof than the cable stated that the present UK declared to the US theyr would run a US-friendly state, including more money on US weaponry?...

www.guardian.co.uk...

It has been the case since the huge debts that the UK amassed for the war material of WW2.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by diamount

This is true, although it is very likely that any release of information will only occur , should he be given over to the US authorities.
Its also very likely that it will not be him who actualy releases the information, and if he has any idea of what the significance of the information he has might be, it will likely be released from several sources at once, probably to ensure that even should some of his contacts be silenced , that one will get through.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmlima
(from yet another thread)
Swedes always liked to play all sides of the fence, in order to chicken out of trouble, and the UK is a US-run proxy state.

It would do certain people well to remember that the US was once a UK run proxy state.

Nobody "runs" the UK, not even the politicals that have the power, thats why the UK economy's buggered.

And if we talk of whom "runs" who, then one would have to say that the US is an Isreali proxy state. Everyone knows when Tel Aviv talks, Washington listens, like a good little whore.
Take the Jews and their money out of the US and whats left the would be bought back by the Lenape indians for 24 dollars.
As for Mr Assange, just wait for the media circus show trial to begin.
edit on 7-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join