It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Once again mate you have a way of putting things that just makes me burst out in laughter

edit on 7/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Assassinated???? What a cheap cop out, stop posting idiotic opinions about wikileaks, it's getting ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
assange has been arrested, he was refused bail, no insurance file being released or mentioned or evident thus far.
now the debate to restrict/shutdown the internet can go ahead, so this cannot happen again, and people at risk by sensitive information being released.

i am starting to hear the drum beat, i hope am i wrong, but if it happens at least we will all know what it was all really about, and why the media was actually reporting it to the sheep and keeping them informed on the situation.

now all that is needed is convincing the sheep it must be done for their own protection.
edit on 7-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: spellings, typing errors.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The Insurance File from July 2010 can be downloaded directly here:

WikiLeaks Insurance File

The "WikiLeaks Insurance" file, that founder Assange threatened to make public if he gets arrested.

At this moment the file is encrypted, Assange said he will give the key in case of his arrest.

The documents published on __._ are readacted and edited, this file would presumably hold the original documents, including names of secret agents.

The above quote came from the original torrent uploader of this file.

Ted, maybe you could add this to your first post on this thread - and others.
edit on 8-12-2010 by corsair00 because: addition

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by JakiusFogg

For know I prefer to use Ocham's Razor. and it says to me that no one as yet knows what is truly going on

Thank you for the reply.

Mostly what I was saying is this: Why doesn't he release the insurance file out right?
If it has such the "poison pill" within then why not tell the whole truth and nothing but?

And alas, this is where I fail to see that wiki leaks is genuine, more-so a military tactic to act an look like but not be the bad guy. Hence they haven't release anything worth while.

If you say your out for truth but hide it in a "torrent file" with 256bit encryption, that isn't being for truth that is blackmail and has nothing to do with finding answers. Its easy to set up such psy-operations without any real information at all.

Right Ocham's Razor?

Wiki leaks is a front.

If he releases it outright he has nothing to bargain with after his arrest.
How is that so difficult to understand?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

Saving your own skin isn't credible in anyway. As I said before this is all a front to tighten free speech measures on the internet.

Blackmail has nothing to do with finding and release the truth, how difficult is that to understand?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by thecinic

Assassinated???? What a cheap cop out, stop posting idiotic opinions about wikileaks, it's getting ridiculous.

That was like yesterday i totally changed my oppinion if you read other threads on wikileaks and contributed a little more on this site you would know that...
Stop with the cheap shots
abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Nope. NOT terrorism.

"Damaging secrets" has to do with the crap these people do in our names, with our money. If we knew...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Ok normally im allright with julian assange but this statement has taken the biscuit, and he actually said it.
Hes gone from been disliked by the goverment to public'ly announcing that he will release damaging secrets if they try to arrest him, Now somebody correct me if im wrong but in the eyes of the american goverment sounds like a terrorist remark to me, and we all know america doesnt negotiate with terrorists, In my oppinion hes put himself right in it there! Silly Assange..

Im not saying he should be arrested as a terrorist, to state that is to take my remarks completely out of context, just like the american goverment WILL DO with assange's remark, what im trying to say is that him saying such things will be in the american goverments eyes another reason why he should be stopped

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/12/10 by TedHodgson because: added content, to justify

edit on 5/12/10 by TedHodgson because: added content to justify post

A terrorist is a person who terrorizes or frightens others. Clearly, he's not terrorizing anyone.

Edit: I forgot to add that it's our goverment doing the terrorizing. If the actions of Assange were such a bad thing then his group would've been brought up on charges years ago. Obviously, something he has is very damaging. Which is good for US citizens in the long run. Like it or not we need to find the cancer so that we may cut it out.
edit on 9-12-2010 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Its not a terrorist remark. In case you missed this, he's playing a tight chess game, and hard ball, and his life is in real danger. And I believe we're getting the watered down leaks, all along, the worse ones are withheld if they leave him alone.

I'm curious to know what would be worse than what has already been leaked or what we already know and have known for a long time about American foreign policy intentions.

What could possibly be contained in a diplomatic cable that would be of long term consequence?

For example:

"Keep them talking until precisely 5:30 AM, then hand them the declaration of war at precisely 6:30 AM so that everything will be totally honest and honorable by the time the first wave of dive bombers rolls over on Pearl Harbour at 7:00 AM."

Well, that kind of cable has a shelf life. Assange couldn't possibly be holding anything like that. Those sorts of cables don't go out weeks in advance.

Would it help to get a document saying that the State Department thinks it's allies in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the UK are crooks?

Please.

Would it make a difference to know that the US thinks that if things really get rough overseas, they can always withdraw to North America and simply knock over Canada General Store and Mexico Minerals and Lubricants?

Who doesn't know that stuff already? Believe me, the world woke up to the United States a while ago.

I have trouble believing that anything leaked by anyone would make the least bit of difference to the voters in general. Look what the US has already done! Knowing these things, pre-emptive war, depleted uranium dust in Iraq, financial catastrophe at home, no WMDs, lousy equipment for the troops, re-re-redeployments, shredding the constitution, the Patriot Act, Bush ignoring repeated congressional subpoenas, 3000 murders in New York on 9/11.

What the aitch does Assange have that could possibly top those things?

This Wikileaks and Assange business is way overblown and beginning to look very much like an attack on internet freedom.

Some knowledgeable people are saying, "Well, let them try. The internet can't be curtailed." I hope they are right, but never say never, not in this techno world.

edit on 9-12-2010 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner

Exactly, it's "how can he save himself" and not "how can he spread the truth". He seems to only care about himself rather than doing what he says he wants to do. I think if he REALLY cared about anything other than himself right now they would already have released the key or whatever for the "insurance file". Instead he's holding out in hopes that he can get away free from everything and never have to worry about consequences for his actions.

Personally I don't think there's anything major in there, though I would really like for there to be some pretty crazy revealing information. Something like UFOs or validation of some of the crazier conspiracy theories. My life has been boring lately and needs something new to happen, hopefully something will happen to this Assange character and then there's actually something cool in this file.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ericds

You do realize he's not Jesus?

2nd line
edit on 10-12-2010 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

yeah its starting to look like it. i don't think they will have to curtail the internet all they would have to do is find out who get's on. i bet to get internet service they will make us have some sort of login rfid or something with our personal info so if we do do something "wrong" they can throw us in the slammer much quicker before "greater damage" can be accrued.

on a different note, for the end of dayers..... do you guys think that if they do sentence him to death he could be possibly one of the witnesses executed as a sign of the end times?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

No - Assange's non-religious. Wikileaks' message isn't about God, repentance and salvation of one's eternal soul, so he's not one of the witnesses.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Trouble is mate - you know these things, but the majority of the world's population does not.

You went on and on about the details of what 'we' know the USA has done, but in reality it's because so many are sleeping, that those in power think they can just carry on doing the same things!

If any good is to come out of all of this, it's that enough people (a 'critical mass') will start questioning the PTB, encouraging them to consider their illegal activities more carefully before carrying them out. Hopefully they'll commit less crimes against the people, and the earth, than they otherwise would have. I doubt it though.

The truth is, my gut feeling is that this is a psy-op. There'll be a massive increase in cyber-monitoring, restricted freedoms of info exchange on the net, and enhanced penalties for anyone caught dabbling in 'minor espionage-related activities'. Conspiracy theorists will probably fall within this category.

Cheers,

Fly...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
better zip up your files and throw them on thumb drives... i bet files are fixing to be worth more than gold... as soon as information is put on the black market, information will no longer be free... they won't have to censor the internet all they have to do is make it a requirement to make your self known when getting on...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ericds

Originally posted by MaxSteiner

Exactly, it's "how can he save himself" and not "how can he spread the truth". He seems to only care about himself rather than doing what he says he wants to do. I think if he REALLY cared about anything other than himself right now they would already have released the key or whatever for the "insurance file". Instead he's holding out in hopes that he can get away free from everything and never have to worry about consequences for his actions.

I think this is a really short-sighted comment, and I don't mean anything personal by it because I think a lot of people have this sentiment. We have no idea what is going at Wikileaks really, or what they're up against, or what they could be using the insurance file for. For all we know, the CIA has them at a metaphorical guillotine, and the second the insurance file is released, the CIA will destroy Wikileaks and prevent any new leaks from ever being released. Could be the insurance file has cool stuff in it but that Assange wants to actually promote the sustainability of Wikileaks because there could be better stuff in the future that he doesn't currently have the capability to release (maybe he is researching something and trying to actually secure documentation of something he is sure is happening?). Now, no one knows for sure what is happening to Assange right now and what is happening between CIA and Wikileaks or who knows what other organizations. I just believe that we can't pass judgment on Assange for not releasing the insurance file because for all we know, him releasing the insurance file could actually be a very, very bad thing at this current moment in time not for himself, but for Wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well he got arrested and still no release, obliviously just another bogus hoax.

Move along sheep!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

I just believe that we can't pass judgment on Assange for not releasing the insurance file because for all we know, him releasing the insurance file could actually be a very, very bad thing at this current moment in time not for himself, but for Wikileaks.

Can't pass judgement??

WTF? Seriously when does a lie become a lie?

Wow, even at the current rate you cannot take him [Assange] at his word, because he has failed to live up to he stated, that he would release the poison pill if arrested or killed.

Do as you wish but this isn't anything more than a hoax and you all believe it! CIA NSA whatever three letter acronym, they are the only ones who gain anything from this whatso ever.

I'm sorry but diplomatic cables are anything but sensitive materials.

If he release Atomic weapon codes or something like that, then maybe sure that would be huge, but emails?

whatever....

Your giving the government fuel to police the internet with Patriot act type laws, and to blind to see it.

:shk:

Sad indeed.....

edit on 11-12-2010 by theability because: spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Would do man, but i cant edit my thread after 4 hours
Thanks for the suggestion though.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join