It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Reports coming in that he is about to turn himself in. Just came over the Guardian wires - nobody is sure if he will seek protection from the UK authorities or go to Sweden.

Wonder if the "damaging secrets" will be released then...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Man, sometimes this forum really cracks me up.

All you US guys posting "UFO conspiracy, the government is lying, don't believe them, look for the truth"
"Its all misinformation, wake up and see whats happening" "the governemnt is lying, its all a cover up"

Then some bloke comes along and actually publishes the documented truth, and suddenly, its

"He hates the US, he's a terrorist, kill him, murder him!"

As someone else pointed out, isn't that exactly the same as muslim extremists demanding a fatwa?

You want the truth? WE, the west, the UK, the US and the EU, are EVIL mother#ers. We are rich and properous by #ing over the rest of the world. Don't go demanding the truth if you can't handle what the real truth is. Wikileaks have done nothing other than present the bare naked truth. Julian Assenage didn't commit any of these acts, he didn't lie about them, he didn't cover them up. Whats patriotic and brave about lying about what you do? Thats what the worlds governments do. Julian Assenage is a hero for exposing this.

In the US, a country so proud of freedom of speech and its constitution, he should be a national hero for exposing the lies and hypocrisy of your national leaders, unyet even in a forum such as this there is an outpouring of hatre against him, claiming he's "against America". So logically, that must mean to be "for America" you need to support the lies and deceipt of the government? (This logic applies for the EU and the UK too, but the vitriol from US commentators is staggering!)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Wonder if the "damaging secrets" will be released then...

No. Since they exist to save his bacon, not to make the world a better place.

And fair game to him, all in all, he gave people an opportunity to express where their allegiances are, and people spoke, and chose their credit cards, and slavery. One cannot complain about their future, if one has chosen it.

Now Assange will use whatever leverage he still has to save his bacon, and if he is smart go into retirement. People are not worth his trouble.

The 'revolution' lasted barely a week...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Wikileaks cables: Key issues ID so far (Thanks WikiLeaks its all ATS)

* Fears that terrorists may acquire Pakistani nuclear material
* Several Arab leaders urged attack on Iran over nuclear issue
* US instructs spying on key UN officials
* China's changing ties with North Korea
* Yemen approved US strikes on militants
* Personal and embarrassing comments on world leaders
* Afghan leader Hamid Karzai freed dangerous detainees
* Russia is a "virtual mafia state" with widespread corruption and bribery
* Afghan President Hamid Karzai is "paranoid and weak"
* The extent of corruption in Afghanistan
* Chinese leadership 'hacked Google'
* A list of key global facilities the US says are vital to its national security

I think ATS should become a mirror site - because if NOT ATS then who else?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have been away awhile and am drawn to post a reply to one of these Wikileaks threads as it really amuses me how righteous some ATS members have become regarding Cablegate. For a website where so many cry for government secrets to be revealed, it is shocking to read how shallow many members really are.

We are in an unprecedented moment in history and as awakened individuals, we should be supporting the Wikileaks initiative.

End.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I feel that this idea of an information "poison-pill" is ethically inconsistent with the wikileaks cause.

If the truth should be free to all and no man, country or organization is above this, then these documents that are being kept by Assange should also be free to all. I can not make the leap from, it is never okay to withhold truth for any reason, to it is okay to withhold the truth when trying to avoid getting punished.

If these documents are so valuable that those who would wish harm to Assange would then not do him harm to avoid the social, political, or financial backlash, then it should be granted that these are extremely powerful truths and should be released to the public for review.

I support truth.
I do not support this.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HollowPointPeace

This could be explained by long term thinking. If he releases this right now, he is screwed. They will do away with him, and get rid of wikileaks, and possibly make use of the 'internet kill switch'. Game Over

By holding onto it, he buys more time for more leaks to come out, holds onto the really bad ones as 'Insurance V2," releases this stuff, lather, rinse repeat. All of the information still gets out, and Wikileaks and Assange live to fight another day.

Edit: as a more general comment, why does it seem like most people here feel that only martyrs can be real truthers, and those who protect themselves are not at all to be trusted? Is that how bad they have even us indoctrinated, that those in the truth movement are discredited by their success?

Divide and Conquer, thats their motto.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Vilkata because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

We intend to do nothing? Interesting. I intend to release the truth no matter how i receive it. So should Mr. Assange regardless of if he is in danger. He is playing poker with the truth and he will be bluffed to the point of losing.

Besides, this is a government effort to regulate the internet, Wikileaks is a case to prove why it's necessary.

Watch and learn children...this is how the big boys play.
edit on 6-12-2010 by CanuckCoder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HollowPointPeace
I feel that this idea of an information "poison-pill" is ethically inconsistent with the wikileaks cause.

If the truth should be free to all and no man, country or organization is above this, then these documents that are being kept by Assange should also be free to all. I can not make the leap from, it is never okay to withhold truth for any reason, to it is okay to withhold the truth when trying to avoid getting punished.

If these documents are so valuable that those who would wish harm to Assange would then not do him harm to avoid the social, political, or financial backlash, then it should be granted that these are extremely powerful truths and should be released to the public for review.

I support truth.
I do not support this.

When a person's life is at stake and people with unlimited funds/resources want him dead what is he supposed to do?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
if he is famous he is guaranteed a fair trial

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
he is releasing a little at a time to ensure a large pool of dirt is in his power to be released fast to get even with the system. Good! I hope it gets released anyways. We the people need to be shown how nasty this system and it's leaders are.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdestine
"Now somebody correct me if im wrong"

You are wrong, allow me to correct you.

Stating you will defend yourself if attacked is not terrorism, to even imply such a thing is ridiculous

Now let me correct you. There is nowhere near enough information available in the public domain to be able to determine whether this statement can be interpreted as a legitimate terrorist threat against a nation.

Sure, there's nothing terroristic about stating that you will retaliate if attacked. The issue lies in the legal ambiguity surrounding his activities. Look at it this way, from the governments perspective, what he's doing is illegal. With that said, if you're going to break a law, then threaten retaliation for being arrested as a result of breaking the law, you are making a threat, and when that threat is directed to the US Government, you have now embodied the definition of terrorist, at least in the government's dictionary.

It might not be right, but right and accurate are often polar opposites. The US Government is a bully. Especially when it comes to invoking imaginary authority gifted by the War on Terror. As such, this is not a bully you walk up to and start throwing blows. You have to sneak up from behind like a damn ninja and end it with one surprise blow. If the government sees you coming, they'll simply declare your very existence a threat to national security based on "actionable intelligence", and prepare your accommodations at "gitmo of the moment".

Assange is playing with fire here, and he's certifiably insane if he thinks making statements like this are going to make the government rethink their position on his activities.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

The entire point of wikileaks is to get passed the legal 'red tape' surrounding the doings of a government that is elected by and supposed to be held accountable to the people.

In this regard, the government is failing miserably. These antiterrorism laws are specifically designed to be used against anyone NOT following the status quo as dictated by those in charge.

Is he breaking the law? Sure he is. But he is breaking these laws for a morally and ethically good reason, the best in fact: Truth. That is the very thing that this site and all of its members support and stand for. It is something that for far too long the populace as a whole has been kept from.

He is breaking unfair and unjust laws designed just for this situation for something that some of us want, and all of us need.

Is he a terrorist? Only for those in power, only for those with things to hide.

And don't reply back that the government should not be called to answer for their wrong doings. I am sure the French Resistance members would disagree with you, as would the Founding Fathers.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
These kind of damaging leaks are only damaging because society has so many secrets from one another....that is the problem not the actual leaks themselves

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeyboy27

mate i have the same feelings too..my heart is hurted ...i expected from majority of ATS members different approach on Wikileaks agenda but this attack on truth is simply outrageous .

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
He's attempting to blackmail the world Govt's into not arresting him?

I hope they arrest him, he's far beyond a fool, not to mention the fact he's wanted for charges of sexual assault among other things.

Wait, I'm sure that's just America trying to tarnish his good name, right?

LOL

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Assange isnt going to release anything damging or he would release a half of it and cut out the part where it would be extemely damaging and forve the United States to the NWO bargaining table. Obviously someone wants a piece of the pie of the NWO. There is no end result of wikileaks or end goal to accomplish with classified leaks. Is there?

Instigating country against country and kingdom against kingdom sounds funny a plan to me. Assange knows he will run out of leaks one day and then will be killed. He cannot hold on to truth can he? To bargain for his life do you think Assange will conceal the truth from the world? if so is he a hero anymore? if not is he a hero or a coward with no plan to mediate the differences between nations and prevent war in the hopes of guiding the world into a term of peace?

Question while you are privy to the "leaks". 911 be the past and the present be the moment but the future is our reaction not theirs.PEACE

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

www.dailymail.co.uk

The founder of WikiLeaks has warned that his supporters are primed to publish a 'deluge' of leaked government documents should his activities be curtailed by any country.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
according to canadian officials he should be assassinated. not long ago one of them called for his assassination on public television.

if i said the exact same thing he said, just substituted assanges name for the prime ministers or the presidents i would have been arrested and thrown in jail.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
...Now I don't know whether or not I want him alive just to know the damaging secrets.

CX

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well apparently he is due to appear at a UK court tomorrow....

Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, is expected to appear in a UK court tomorrow after his lawyers said he would meet police to discuss a European extradition warrant from Sweden relating to alleged sexual assaults.

Julian Assange to be questioned by British police

He is not charged with anything as yet though.

CX.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join