It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

www.dailymail.co.uk

The founder of WikiLeaks has warned that his supporters are primed to publish a 'deluge' of leaked government documents should his activities be curtailed by any country.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Ok normally im allright with julian assange but this statement has taken the biscuit, and he actually said it.
Hes gone from been disliked by the goverment to public'ly announcing that he will release damaging secrets if they try to arrest him, Now somebody correct me if im wrong but in the eyes of the american goverment sounds like a terrorist remark to me, and we all know america doesnt negotiate with terrorists, In my oppinion hes put himself right in it there! Silly Assange..

Im not saying he should be arrested as a terrorist, to state that is to take my remarks completely out of context, just like the american goverment WILL DO with assange's remark, what im trying to say is that him saying such things will be in the american goverments eyes another reason why he should be stopped

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/12/10 by TedHodgson because: added content, to justify

edit on 5/12/10 by TedHodgson because: added content to justify post

+232 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
"Now somebody correct me if im wrong"

You are wrong, allow me to correct you.

Stating you will defend yourself if attacked is not terrorism, to even imply such a thing is ridiculous

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Uh, what did anyone ever think was meant by the insurance file in the first place?

The only thing different about this is the language is more direct.
He's said the cables, the BP investigation papers, and something else (sorry I can't remember it right now) are in the insurance files.

This probably wouldn't happen if they were not backing his butt to the wall and self preservation was kicking in.
Can't say I'd not do the same thing.

+53 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
When people try to blow the whistle like this, they are usually dead before they can open their mouths....and you are upset that this guy has a method to keep from being eliminated or imprisoned??

The government is always right.

He is a terrorist.

Obey!

+29 more 
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Its not a terrorist remark. In case you missed this, he's playing a tight chess game, and hard ball, and his life is in real danger. And I believe we're getting the watered down leaks, all along, the worse ones are withheld if they leave him alone.

link   
Its a threat he made. He is scared, I understand him.
They have threatened Assange, much more than he threats them. They said he should be killed and what not.

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So...for us to get the real leaks...he needs to die or be arrested?

Funny...I thought Wikileaks was supposed to be leaking these docs anyways.

MM

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

My only issue with the insurance file is if it's that bad, we should know now..
He seems to infer it is bad, so you'd expect it to show criminal/illegal activity..

What if we don't get to see it??
That would be a real shame..

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think this is a bluff. To date, NOTHING wikileaks has released has been of any value.

Wow, stuff goes on in war that PC America knew, but didnt discuss? SHOCKING

Wow, politics have opinions of people, and sometimes its not pretty? SHOCKING

Wow, war happens and there are alterior motives? SHOCKING

Everything released by WL has been a 0 of 10 on the "history changing" scale.. so him saying he'd release this or that, if I was the US Govt, I wouldnt be worried, Id kill him.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So, the government has a choice: Death by a Thousand Cuts, or an IED...

How exactly is either choice palatable to TPTB? If Obama claims the power to assassinate an American citizen without trial, why would Assange think anything he does - aside from shutting down Wikileaks - will make him safe.

The dude's F'd (and pretty stupid IMO.)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

My only issue with the insurance file is if it's that bad, we should know now..

Yes, I want to know why it is being released in 'fits and starts' and not one lump sum. Does he feel more protected if he's still in the game, so to speak? Like, by holding back and threatening more release, he can feel protected?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdestine

Stating you will defend yourself if attacked is not terrorism, to even imply such a thing is ridiculous

and what counts as a terroist these days? Someone who has your oil? or someone who threatens to disrupt the way you live, its not my oppinion its the way the goverment thinks.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I wonder if Assange has an implanted chip that will detect if his heart has stopped and remotely send an email to other members to "Activate Reston 6." At which point the password will be given out.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Is anyone actually surprised by this?
Anyone in their right mind, if actually holding extremely damaging and viable information that is valuable to
huge entities, would protect themselves in this way.
This is a classic move.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Originally posted by Valdestine

and what counts as a terroist these days? Someone who has your oil? or someone who threatens to disrupt the way you live, its not my oppinion its the way the goverment thinks.

If you dont know what a terrorist is, maybe you should stop using the word

That goes for the US Government too

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Valdestine

agreed.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

A terrorist is someone who executes an act which causes terror to a society.

Julie Arseminge has caused internal squablings amongst countries, potentially put lives at danger, but at no point commited an act of terrorism.

He doesn't deserve to die, but he does deserve a slap for blowing any secret missions to prevent terrorism, ie the Pakistan stuff.

I'm reckoning the insurance files is somthing that could cause war, and he knows that, and thats why he hasn't released them, however, if he dies, he has nothing to lose.
edit on 5/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

They will be released. Eventually.
If he is imprisoned or assassinated they will be released.
Or when he finds exile and feels safe, they will be released.
He's a smart guy. He's got a plan.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Does it really matter what is in the insurance file?

Everybody I have talked to outside of ATS either thinks that he should be arested, or they just don't care. Nobody I have talked to that has heard about this stuff cares. They just keep right on keeping on.

So does it matter what he has up his sleeve? We need to be real honest. 99% of the people on ATS aren't going to do anything with or about the information. So what makes us think that the rest of the "sheeple" will do a damn thing?

This isn't the end of TPTB. This is going to be the darkest and most pathetic hour of human history, most likely. People will turn a blind eye as the governments continue to squeeze the life out of them. They will not pull their faces out of Oprah's rear, or their new smart phone, untill they are standing behind barbed wire and starving. You might get a few riots in Europe, but only if they start eradicating hand outs.

Europe has allready given it self over to CCTV cameras on the corners and laws telling them they have no right to self defense. They have allowed parliments tell them they can not speak in denial of the holocaust, and let them ban journalist as well as pundits. So, will they really stand up to tyranny? I say, not in this generation.

Wikileaks is great in theory, but it is too little and way to late.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join