It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Here here!!! I am off to the government website now for the e-pamphlet on how I can be a better citizen. Anything less would be treason!

Have these fools forgotten their position as PUBLIC SERVANTS!!?

Sorry even I just got the irony in that question, and slapped myself for being so naive.

Personally I think I just reached the bottom of my personal rabbit hole. and I really don't like what I see.

It's watership down all over again

On a side note, has anyone read "Blind Faith" by Ben Elton. seriously this is where we are heading. forget Orwell, this is the reality
edit on 5/12/2010 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Totally expected, that's how I'd write the script too.
"Intel desperado on the run, threatens to "infonuke" the authorities"
Next chapter:
"Authorities mull options while opening negotiations (unleash super-secret ninjas to find his trail)"
I'm going back to sleep, WL is becoming an MSM cartoon.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Maybe he as given the govts time to disclose certain things so that he doesnt have to, and thats what the insurance file could be for?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well since I know our names have all made a list...

fema camp and ventura episode

To the government agents watching this site,

Are you just too stupid to actually rub two brain cells together to get a thought...

All your doing is exposing your hand for very little to no value. If assange is arrested or killed all it goes to prove is that your incompetent...

High-profile politicians in the U.S. including Sarah Palin, a narrow loser in the race to become the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, have suggested the computer programmer should be 'executed' for publishing leaked U.S. state secrets.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ops post...

The only issue the government should have is how the leaks got out.

1st issue-
who leaked them....

it is all that really matters... that is the only crime... The first amendment protects the release of the information.. They should be praised for their release....

If it was so damn important that the info not be released you should have made the suggestions on what not to release...

It sounds like he refused to do things like you cry babies wanted and rubbed you the wrong way..

IMHO, quit crying over it... Grow up and have a set.

If your diplomats did not want it public they should never have recorded... Sounds like it is a good thing H-girls panties are in a ruffle.... If she can not protect secret info maybe it is a good thing she is not president... Maybe she should be fired for the leaks as the PIC....

In conclusion

1- hes not that important (unless their is actually some bullets left in the gun)

2-grow up... if you dont want it published dont write it down....

simple security....

the responses by the government seems to be that of amateur little boys running a club... OMG like they ... just OMG...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot !!!!!!!!!

I am also quite aware how stupid the US ambassadors are... It was their jack up not the people under them... Fire them... It will help improve things greatly...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
So...for us to get the real leaks...he needs to die or be arrested?

Funny...I thought Wikileaks was supposed to be leaking these docs anyways.

MM

they probably will after everyone "accepts" wikileaks as a real journalism source

I mean, everybody accepts it already, but the governments dont, since they are the criminals ...

if they werent, they wouldnt have anything to hide right? isnt that what they say to its people when they ask you to give to them your body to a scanner, your laptop, your cell contacts, your web history ...

for them its OK to ask you to give that to them ...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

And I well agree with you. it could well be a front. However I just feel that soem of the material released. Especially in regards to the Russian and the Chinese, has the potential to really hack some people off. Unless there was prior warning.

There were news stories for days about Clinton and others making trips to warn countries about what was coming.

AOL News Article on To The Center

AOL News the U.S. State Department has been attempting to do some damage-control in the event that a group of confidential documents are released through WikiLeaks.

While it’s still unknown when they will be released to the public and how many there will be available to view, it’s expected the release will take place this weekend.

Hundreds of articles were printed regarding the State Department's warning tour.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Assange is no hero and he won't be a martyr except to true enemies of Western powers. He has taken a gamble on being the cyber messiah or a felon and he has lost after causing a lot of damage with his game. He is a terrorist, a cyper terrorist and there is absolutely no reason he cannot be nailed on that regardless of his outstanding rape charge (which in itself does tend to indicate his true character).

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdestine
"Now somebody correct me if im wrong"

You are wrong, allow me to correct you.

Stating you will defend yourself if attacked is not terrorism, to even imply such a thing is ridiculous

You're right, that isn't terrorism. In the UK however, this is how terrorism is defined:

(1) In this Act “terrorism” means the use or threat of action where—.

(a) the action falls within subsection (2),.
(b) the use or threat is designed to influence the government, or an international governmental organisation, or to intimidate the public or a section of the public, and.
(c) the use or threat is made for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause..

(2) Action falls within this subsection if it—.
(a) involves serious violence against a person,.
(b) involves serious damage to property,.
(c) endangers a person’s life, other than that of the person committing the action,.
(d) creates a serious risk to the health or safety of the public or a section of the public, or.
(e) is designed seriously to interfere with or seriously to disrupt an electronic system..

(3) The use or threat of action falling within subsection (2) which involves the use of firearms or explosives is terrorism whether or not subsection (1)(b) is satisfied..

(4) In this section—.
(a) “action” includes action outside the United Kingdom,.
(b) a reference to any person or to property is a reference to any person, or to property, wherever situated,.
(c) a reference to the public includes a reference to the public of a country other than the United Kingdom, and.
(d) “the government” means the government of the United Kingdom, of a Part of the United Kingdom or of a country other than the United Kingdom..

(5) In this Act a reference to action taken for the purposes of terrorism includes a reference to action taken for the benefit of a proscribed organisation.

www.legislation.gov.uk...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well then,. lets get him arrested and get this poopstorm rollin,.
Lets get all the dirty little secrets out so we can see who we really
have in offices

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Thanks for illiterating that
however the guy has his stars and hes happy, so the intellegent poeple can sit back knowing that infact the guy with the most stars infact contributed nothing to the post other than trying to shoot me down on a point that is infact true, the american/english goverment define people like assage as terrorists

edit on 5/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Ok normally im allright with julian assange but this statement has taken the biscuit, and he actually said it.
Hes gone from been disliked by the goverment to public'ly announcing that he will release damaging secrets if they try to arrest him, Now somebody correct me if im wrong but in the eyes of the american goverment sounds like a terrorist remark to me, and we all know america doesnt negotiate with terrorists, In my oppinion hes put himself right in it there! Silly Assange..

All he's trying to do is protect himself. Is he not aloud to do that?

If you had incriminating information regarding a politician, and they were coming to arrest/assassinate you, would you not threaten to release that sensitive information if they continue to pursue you?

Doesn't classify him as a terrorist, he's just looking out for his own interests and security. . . Wouldn't you?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
He hasn't released anything of value yet.
I highly doubt he's got anything big enough hidden away to bargain with.
The guy is a NWO tool with $$ in his eyes. Nothing more.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

My god! ive treid illiterating this allready! he should defend himself, im talking from a goverment point of view that they may try and use such qoutes against him in some way to identify him as a danger to the poeple, i agree with you dude! my wording has just been completely taken out of context by everyone

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Well..he is leaking everything. The cables were in the insurance file along with other things. I would say it's not only his protection, but so he CAN get upcoming docs out in case he was arrested before he started leaking the cables.
He has to have some form of protection, he wouldn't keep them forever I don't think. He would hold them until he could find another file to replace as insurance files and then release the current ones.

He needs to hold at least one card for his protection. We can't complain that he isn't releasing it all because he is holding something to keep him free to release more.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Because they're scrubbing and reviewing the cables individually before each one is released. The government didn't want to help do that -- remember? And if they don't scrub the cables? Then a million people will complain about names that should have been redacted.

Volunteer if you want things to move faster.
edit on 5-12-2010 by bikeshedding because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Assange is no hero and he won't be a martyr except to true enemies of Western powers. He has taken a gamble on being the cyber messiah or a felon and he has lost after causing a lot of damage with his game. He is a terrorist, a cyper terrorist and there is absolutely no reason he cannot be nailed on that regardless of his outstanding rape charge (which in itself does tend to indicate his true character).

Thank you comrade Aliensun you do vell to repeat za party line and show you are good zitizen. Ve will put zis toward your get of of gulag free card in case you screw up in future...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
WHat I would really love to see if it were true was everything Garry McKinnon saw! Now that would be something!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

You can use either Visa or Master Card to read the next deluge of Wikileak information available for free through the Freedom of Information Act. Think of your contribution to the Assange Retirement Fund as easy and convenient reading where you don't have to do any of the work yourself.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Aww, you sound kinda mad... u mad?

Soooo, youre telling me that PRIVATE businesses are corrupt? So, there are more Enrons out there? Whew, thank goodness for WL telling me something I HAD NOOOOO CLUE!! (note sarcasm)

Tell me when one of THESE leaks come out, and Ill be impressed:
- govt (any) behind 9-11
- space wars/UFOs
- Homegrown/ home supported terror (IE Govt supporting Hamas, Al qeada CURRENTLY)
- Clinton murdergate confirmation
- Obama NOT a citizen
- Confirmed plans of NWO
- Basically any conspiracy theory deemed "lunacy" confirmed
- Time manipulation (IE Travel, string theory stuff, ect)
- Govt lax on corporate responsibility (IE documents showing where the lost trillions have went, with knowledge that it went there)

Until then, I see A LOT of garbage.

Oh, so an American company took advantage of a situation (bad one) to make money? Its called capitalism, and if you live HERE, YOUR economy was made better for it, if you live abroad, I dont care about you.

Oh, the government thinks Putin and Italian guy are chum chum, cuttin deals? HELLLLO MCSILLYFACE, when you are with your friends, (assuming you actually have some) lets say playing football (this is just an example, insert anything you like) with a bunch of neighborhood guys. You are captain, who do you pick first? I am gonna say, hmmmm, probably one of YOUR FRIENDS. If you think politics are any different, please explain why? Its not "professionalism" prevailing, because it boils down to HUMAN NATURE. Take a human evolution class and you will see what I mean.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

While the Information i've read is Interesting, I can't see the big deal.
So one leader thinks another leader is a blithering Idiot, everybody probably knew that
anyway. And countries like Saudi Arabia want to the US to Bomb Iran, but will not provide
any support what-so-ever. It's a bit like, I want you to kick their Ass, but we still want to
be friends with them. Doesn't Iran deserve the right to know who is kicking their Ass.

If I was Assange, I would do the same thing, Keep Information that could topple
leaders from their perch. It certainly has Hillary shak'n in her panties about not what
he knows but what he might know.

Maybe, just maybe, there is so much unrest in the world today because everything is
so secret. Well was secret.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join