It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. using chemical weapons in Afghanistan: report

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Oooozy what I dont think you understand is we, Americans, dont have an issue looking into things, challenging ideas, people and their conclusions. We have no issues when people from other countries do this, since its excersizing our most basic fundamental rights.

Where the irritation comes in is when you make a post, with what appears to be good information, without really looking into the information yourself. As I have stated before, I can pull information that is a verified fact, coroborated by 16 experts, with links to all sounrces that documented each step of the way.

I can take that conclusion, and omit 1 word from it, and change the entire meaning, intent, of the information. When people go to research it, they will locate the reports, the people etc, and unless they actually read it and dig some, they are going to just assume the info is correct.

To me this is what Iran does, and accuses us of doing. Taking information, or facts, and tweaking them ever so slightly to fit the "facts" they want to present.

A truely independant researcher poses a question and looks for the answers, documenting every step of the way, regardless on whether those facts take them down a road that doesnt support the question. The researcher should then go back to the begining, and have another look at the question to see if its the right one to ask.

Tweaking facts to fit the question undermines the entire process. I am not really sure why you are now saying you accomplished your goal, which was to make us research the issue. We did that on page one all the way through.

Honestly, and I hope you dont take offense to this, but it appears as if when your position was challenged, and the facts the article presented were placed into context and corrected to account for the creative storytelling in the article... It just looks as if you are attempting to claim victory from defeat by changing the point of the post, which went from accusing the US of using chemical weapons, to you saying you did this to make us think and research.

I dont really understand what you are trying to accomplish here, and im even more perplexed by your comment, since we did research the report, and the info within, while you apparently did not.

Anyways, I guess its all irrelevant at this point. As I said many many times no, research the article first before posting. It allows you the ability to better argue the point by being prepared to counter what others are going to challenge.

Since you are past the international date line, I hope you, and all the others who share your faith, have a Happy New Year. If I am not mistaken I think it starts on Dec 7th 2010. See you in the next thread.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The article was attacked becuase of the manner its portrayed in. No other scientific studies were offered up that could coroborate what the article was triying to say.

It would be like a report that states all Muslims are extremists who want to kill innocent people. In actuality the report addresses the extremists portion, and does not state all muslims. But by citing a valid report, but changing a word or 2 in the article, causes it to take on a completely different meaning that in reality is not supported by the study.

The OP article does just that.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

By the way, did you get my achievement?

Anyways, watch the connection:

America/UK bombs Afghanistan, after the bombardment cases of contamination starts coming up.

A team of experts goes to Afghanistan to conduct an investigation.

Their report conclusively states that there is a direct connection between the bombs and contamination.

There is no evidence for any other explanation.

They conduct another investigation, this time broadening it.

They also investigate the capital. Find same results.

No one has challenged their investigation, non of the accused who claim to be innocent has challenged their investigation, infact advised governments of other scientists who were invited to investigate, to not allow them.

Connect the dots.

1. Evidence of contamination is huge/
2. The contamination is directly link to bombs/
3. No accused has challenged the claim/

Just because US is silent and in denial about it and doesn't conduct its own investigation to the matter, it does not mean US is innocent.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Broader info:

Italian troops still dying:

Italian soldiers are still dying following exposure to depleted uranium in the wars in Bosnia and Kosovo, their relatives say.

news.bbc.co.uk...

DU in Iraq:

Scientists have pointed to health statistics in Iraq, where the weapons were used in the 1991 and 2003 wars.

news.bbc.co.uk...

People in Iraq need urgent advice on avoiding exposure to depleted uranium (DU), the United Nations has said.

It wants the US and UK to provide precise details of sites targeted with DU weapons.

The Royal Society, the UK's national science academy, is also demanding targeting data to enable a clean-up to begin.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Riiiggghhht.. Time to move on, again, since its obvious that you are now trolling in order to keep this article alive, when it needs to be left alone to die. Its actually humerous that everytime you post an article that is shot out of the water, you find more articles to try to support your point, which they dont.

Also the comment about your acheivement.. Thats funny. You have acheived nothing.

By the way, I did find a quote that fits you perfectly.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results"

Apply to either yourself, or the articles you post along with the arguments. It will work for either.

Now I am going to head back over to the other thread where you so kindly responded to my question asking females their thoughts about Islam...
edit on 6-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
As a side note its entirely possible that the reason for such a push to blame the Untied States for death in Afghanistan could be a cover for the Taliban and their actions..

The articles below supports my argument that the Taliban / Al Queida are actually behind the deaths. Since these areticles are researched by independant journalists, and corroborated by Taliban, its true.

Taliban executes a 7 year old boy for psying

Taliban executes Pregnant widow

Taliban executes couple who tried to elope

Taliban executes 2 Christians

Taliban executes 10 Medical staff

Taliban executes 14 year old girl

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Taliban / Al Queida

ohhh, sorry, Mother-Universe(!), i cannot past it
seriously??? do you separate taliban/al-queda off cia?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

At least the Taliban don't lie in front of everyone's face.

US have been proven to be very deceitful and liars, just ask the Iraq inquiry which spent millions of dollars to examine the Bush/Cheney BS they orchestrated to invade Iraq and risk millions of innocent lives.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Of course they do, what makes you think that they don’t? If it helps your cause to fool people that are easily fooled then it would be stupid not to.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Of course they do, what makes you think that they don’t?

Agreed. everyone has lied at least a little bit

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y
reply to post by Soshh

Of course they do, what makes you think that they don’t?

Agreed. everyone has lied at least a little bit

Agreed

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Of course they do, what makes you think that they don’t? If it helps your cause to fool people that are easily fooled then it would be stupid not to.

Really, give me an example of once they have lied to invade a foreign country

You know, like the BS US orchestrated against Iraq

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Really, give me an example of once they have lied to invade a foreign country

You know, like the BS US orchestrated against Iraq

Why? Don't change the subject. I didn't say that they have lied to invade a foreign country, I didn't say that they haven't either.

You said that they have not lied to everyone's face, I said that they haven't not lied to everyone's face.

edit on 6/12/10 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Riiiggghhht.. Time to move on, again, since its obvious that you are now trolling in order to keep this article alive, when it needs to be left alone to die. Its actually humerous that everytime you post an article that is shot out of the water, you find more articles to try to support your point, which they dont.

Now you are just playing ignorance. His articles clearly support his argument, and they come from sources that I would expect to say otherwise.

And you think he is trolling? You don't know what trolling is (because if you've realized that you've been doing it for the entire thread, then you probably would've stopped by now).

As a side note its entirely possible that the reason for such a push to blame the Untied States for death in Afghanistan could be a cover for the Taliban and their actions..

Yeah, it must be those damn terrorists. They are responsible for everything wrong in the world, justifying wars

All you managed to do was post a bunch of tear-jerking articles about executions, absolutely NOTHING to do with depleted uranium being found as the reason behind a huge influx of mutations, sickness and death.

Didn't you try to use the "it must be natural depleted uranium" argument earlier? Is NDU only found in Afghanistan and Iraq? Why aren't you and your people affected in the same manner as these people, since NDU is such a horrible yet naturally occuring mutagen?

Like I said earlier, there's plenty of natural uranium particles in my province alone, yet health defects from uranium exposure are not even on the map here.

Why? Don't change the subject.

The subject changed as soon as Xcathdra started posting articles on Taliban executions in an attempt to derail the entire discussion that was not going in their favor. Textbook misinformation tactics 101.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

OK let's make it simple, when did they lie in front of everyone face?

When they kill the innocent, they admit it.

When US kills the innocent, US blames the resistance, or claims they were Taliban fighters etc.

Taliban has even asked for an independent investigation regarding civilian deaths in Afghanistan, while the US have stopped such investigations from taken place.

Taliban track record is much better than US, regarding intentional lying and deceit.

Thebove being said, every claim the US and its puppets make should be investigated to fullest, independently. DUUUH.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This fellow ats members is Propaganda used to its fullest extent.

Last I checked the Nuclear biological chemical warfare divisions were demobilized in the mid 90's. But who knows maybe their are still some lance battalions firing some nerve agents at afghan civilians. Whatever... I love threads that no matter how you look at war, tries to justify such with the desperate rationalization of what it is in itself. I suppose I am suppose to feel pity or fear now, from such an example of rigamortis from a human spirit.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Actually none of his information supports his argument, since the research into it is misapplied. The entire article has been called into question, and has been broken down by numerous people and debunked as either omitting information to give the appearance of a different outcome, to adding information and stating its in the report, when its nowhere to be found in any report.

Ooozzy then responded with several other issues, all of which were researched and challenged as again being irrelevant based on informatinal facts not in evidence.

We can continue this thread for 40 more pages, and it still will not change the outcome of the article, which lied through omission and deceit.

I have shown that, Ooozy in his attempt to argue it inadvertently proved it.

The "Doctor" behind the study is not a scientifiec doctor, and has no background in any area he spoke as an expert on. The Doctor challeneged the Canadian Report because it concluded that NDU was the cause, and not DU. The challenge states it confises the people who have differeing information.

What information would that be, how was it obtained, who studied it, what criteria was used to act as a base line for comparative analysis? Further more what scientific instruments were used to detect the levels report, since the canadaien report states flat out the method used to test in humans is incomplete since its never been done, stating animals have been used to date.

You, and Ooozy are so desperate to push an anti west, anti israeli, anti us agenda, that you dont even know what you are talking about half the time.

Want an example, read this thread from start to finish and you will see the following:

OP makes post, using headlines that are innacurate
Article is referenced as top of the line because its done by a "Doctor"

Article called into question because it leaves out all supporting information, labeled as propoganda.
Propoganda challenegd by posting links to Canadian reports

Numeroud back and forth over the validity of the article, methods used, what is a chemical weapond, why is Biological weapoin term used when its not even part of the article, video fo deformed children with no refernecing information as to its authenticiy, location, or even if they are from afghanistan.

Several more reports linked by Ozzzy to salvage the hate thread.

All reports posted were read, analyzed and challeneged, once again for using misleading information (not the article, but Ozzy portraying them as something they are not).

Oooozy arguments to keep the thread alive bounce from cause to cause as to why its all true, even after information debunking his points one by one.

A response that calls out the Doctor, his background, the reports, ad the validity of the claims based on the fact the Doctor is the head of the non profit group who is pushing the chemical weapons agenda. The Doctor is on record making claims that bias his results. In addition to going on record slamming Nato.

The revelations about the Doctor cast the entire article into propoganda since there is no independant confirmation, no reports support the claims being made.

Then Ozzzy move into the I accomplished what I wanted by making people research. While to me it appears as an effort to claim victory from defeat by once again changing the direction, from accusing America, to well I wanted people to learn.

Then he posts articles refercing foreign troops and depleted Uranium sickness. Why he cited it is beyond me since the illness in Afghanistan, supported by the Canadian article and Ooozzys own statemnts, was not caused by DU, but NON DU.

The articles suggest futher study of this area, including raising the possibility the Taliban was manufaturing dirty bombs.

And now we are here, with you guys still arguing a point that has been debunked many many times. Why not just save yourself the embarassment, let this thread die, and find a new one put out by the Tehran Propganda news service, post it, so we can start the process all over again?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

no, my sincere friend, taliban have lied at our eyes too because they have not said about their biggest friend of three letters

@Xcathdra
Nice human, ans me, Please, why does cia/govt like to've aired possible threats of terroristic actions from al-queda???

edit on 7-12-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
well, our friend, Xcathdra, don't wanna ans to my curious question
then i ans it.
when cia air new threats from al-queda, al-queda gets following benefits:

1. they can clean rats out of their orders.
2. construct new plans to go on.
3. some rats can be kept to disinfo.
----------------------------------------------------------
one moment has no doubts: in any case, cia is purely absolute the herd of clowns

edit on 8-12-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y
reply to post by oozyism

no, my sincere friend, taliban have lied at our eyes too because they have not said about their biggest friend of three letters

@Xcathdra
Nice human, ans me, Please, why does cia/govt like to've aired possible threats of terroristic actions from al-queda???

edit on 7-12-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

I think you fail to see reality here.

CIA is involved, heck yes they are involved, but they are involved partially, hence the drug business to support their black ops.

That's why Karzai and his brother is in CIA pay roll, hence Karzai's brother is one of the biggest drug runners in Afghanistan.

Taliban actually worked against drugs and wiped out drug production when they were in power.

Taliban is not comprised of one group, they all work under one leadership to avoid US war strategies to divide the resistance, hence US used that strategy in Iraq which worked very efficiently.

Taliban comprises of the Haqani Hezbe-Islami which has influence in South, Hekmatyar Hezbe-Islami which has much influence in East and central and Taliban which has influence in the border region and normal people who join the resistance and foreigners who come to help the resistance.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join