It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kcs7272

In total agreement with you. Star!

Unfortunately people have been saying the exact same thing for quite awhile and people just don't seem to get it.. I hope it'll change someday.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I love how a white power speech immediately turns too hating jews. You know this post is really REALLY Really ,Really,Really ...original......Not!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by nightbringr

I don't disagree with you about jews being treated poorly, but the race treated the WORST. American Indians. Not only were they treated badly, even now when there is plenty of political correctness the American Indians STILL get not respect. Could you imagine a professional sports team called the Washington K**kes? Well there is the Washington Redskins.....

Fair enough. I still think the jews get the s*#t end of the stick, because their persecution goes back thousands of years, but i understand your point. Here in Canada we almost see it the other way, as the Native Americans here actually have MORE rights than us white folk. It was just divulged that many native tribe cheifs make more than our Prime Minister! Many of them making over 1 million a year, while their tribes live in squallor.
edit on 3-12-2010 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

He isnt saying it's a culture, he is talking about how 'white people' in general are looked upon.

White people don't wake up in the morning and think, ''oh im white'' yadda yadda yadda..... Yet a black person or any other race will wake up and immediately go on the offensive when it comes to a white person talking about them. Anything can be mentioned ( and he is right ) we are labelled racist. I suppose it's mainly the black community drying 'white people' out of all they can and constantly putting on the pressure of past revelations to say ''you owe us'' but this is nonsense. The people of today are the children of men and women before them, those who carried on racist ideas, now, we carry none, yet we are still pushed as the only ones who are racist. It actually annoys me, a lot also. Not that I think we should celebrate our color, no! As we 'ARE' all the same. It's just that others don't look at it, like we now do. They wish to live in the past and pressure others around them to continue on this hatred.

For instance, if I said something that to me, isn't racist ( and no, it's not my view, it just isn't racist ) for instance. Some people in the UK may refer to a Pakistani person as Paki. This isn't racist, as it all depends on the context it's used in but because of it's past notion, it's looked at as a racist slur. So if someone accidently spurted that out, someone of that race may take you to court for being racist, making anyone else question whether to use such words again. Yet if someone of pakistani or any race was to say 'white person' or 'white man' it's ok. How is that ok? To me it's ok but to them, abbreviating 'pakistani to paki' is racist! It's nonsense and downright political correctness gone mad!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Wow...Just Wow! You must be the most uneducated and moronic poster on ATS...EVER! First off, Jews weren't the leaders of the slave trade...it was white people from Europe (granted some may have been Jews, possibly, although I don't recall that ever being confirmed or even studied) 2nd, no one has a problem with other cultures being proud as long as that pride doesn't make other cultures feel threatened. White pride is as innocent as black pride or mexican pride, etc...Its when the pride turns to kill all non-whites, blame the !!!!!JEWS!!!! etc, etc. that people start looking at you as a racist. But your entire post, imo, is racist and the fact that you literally created or seriously twisted history to prove a ridiculous point is reason enough for me to feel guilty for being white...thanks fool!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Are you stupid? The OP uses the term Hispanics to mean the Spanish. Obviously I can see that the OP wasn't careful enough with his wording. Go watch Shindler's List again stay in your own world.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

1st Maya, you hold a premise that some people think racial identity is a bad thing for "white" people. If you're proud about a test score, cleaning your room, fixing your truck, or shooting sub MOA at 800 in fair winds- why would you give a rip what someone else felt about your pride? Why bother? Who cares? If it is your pride in question, don't go asking me, or the whole world to justify something that you feel proud about. If you need our help to find your pride, then you never had it.

2nd- I personally don't like the idea of white/black/brown/purple pride. It facilitates the marginalization of self, of individuality, of personal responsibility, for a shared hive-like concept of collectivism. Among racial centered groups "rugged individualism" is often hard to find. Due to the very nature of the collectivist society, there frequently is rigid hierarchy, and increased "peer pressure" to maintain the group's "social code." These traits are akin to HS clicks, where bullying members and nonmembers is the norm. Reminds me of the movie, "Heathers". I was more like Christian Slater's character than the group-think Heather managers.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
here is the best way to put it it's an email going round

Subject: Proud to be White

Proud to be White

This is great. I have been wondering about why Whites are racists, and no other race is......

Proud to be White

Michael Richards makes his point.................

Michael Richards, better known as Kramer from TV's Seinfeld, does make a good point.

This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points....

Someone finally said it. How many are actually paying attention to this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... and that's OK..

But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-'n-word', Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have the NAACP. You have BET.... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships.... You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US ... Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud...... But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

There is nothing improper about this e-mail.. Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on. I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country and others. We won't stand up for ourselves!

BE PROUD TO BE WHITE!

It's not a crime YET.... but getting very close!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

. Call it what you will, NWO or Illuminati, it still adds up to the same thing. One word defines them......ENEMY "+". Were they called the SS (Schutzstaffel), Waffen SS, Luftwaffe, Wehrmacht, Gestapo, Kriegsmarine? No..they were refered to as Krauts...as in "Sourkrautn". They all worked for Hitler but were not called "Hitlerites" to the best of my knowledge. Today they call themselves by many names including the Bohemian Grove, Skull and Bones CFR, Trilateral Commission, Bilderburgs etc. They all work for the thirteen ruling families. That makes them all equally worthless and all of them are enemy.

To preserve your life and that of your family it might become crucial for you to "Kill" the one that seeks your death or that of your family. It is referred to as "self preservation and self defense. That is "killing".
Murder is defined as: "The unlawful and malicious or premeditated killing of one human being by another. IE "To unlawfully kill another person with malice". (Websters "New World" Dictionary) 3rd edition page 893.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Thats exactly what used to happen over here in Australia now the money goes into a fund and if they want to spend it they need to go through the right channels as itused to just get spent on crap and cars brand new ones that were just run into the ground in a matter of months. So now the Aboriginies hve it a bit easier but reverse racism is creeping in.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Reverse Racism is just Racism. It doesn't matter if it is forward, backward, sideways, upside down or right side up. Prohibiting, slowing, or interfering with the well being, opportunities, and freedoms of others based on skin color, ethnicity, or plain old uniqueness.. Is Racism. There is no reverse about it.

And I am in complete agreement with your previous post.. I made a post on page 6 of this thread that is almost exactly like that in my own words. Took a different angle, but it said the same thing.. I'm tired of it
edit on 3-12-2010 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You know, I get it. I'm white with some native american mix. No reason, I suppose, you couldn't be proud of a skin color. But, color of skin isn't very important at all. If we are to be proud of anything, be proud of what we have done that is good, be proud of your accomplishments, be proud of friends, family. Be proud of what you are doing that is important to this world.

The really important things really have nothing to do with skin color. It is those relationships that matter. The inventions that help mankind. The celebrations that bring us closer together. Our cherished traitions...

Celebrating skin color isn't all that important in my eyes. It will be a wonderful day when we all get past skin color.

Troy

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The whole argument "there is a BET channel so why isnt there a WET channel?" is reall pretty dumb. Just because there isn't a channel labeled WET doesn't mean there wasn't a roadblack for black actors for a really long time. Much of tv and programming and hollywood movies were not written for the mexican man or the black man. Most hollywood scripts were based on whiteys experiences for a really long time. In my opinion, most of it has nothing to do with racism, but that doesn't mean its fair.

It has more to do with the fact most writers are white and therefore write roles for white actors. Thats the base of the writers experience...being white. A majority of books are also written in a white guys perspective. Thats what people who run hollywood and the media relate to. Thats also their target audience. Theres more wealthy white people than anyone else.

So, even though there has been "black" shows the majority of all programming is white based..unproportionately I think. So, they put together a channel that can appeal to the likings of millions of black people. This is good marketing more than anything. To call it racist is ignorant.

I remember when Fresh Prince came out. Maybe one of the most popular shows of all time. Talk about breaking down barriers. Theres a show that probably did more for uniting the races of America than anything else of its time. My pops hated it. He also hated the Simpsons. He wasn't a fan of kids with punk attitudes..haha... I loved em both, and I remember all of my friends loved the Fresh Prince as well. But I think this show was meant to put aside the whole white dominance of tv that had been maintained for so long. I think it even worked for a time.

What I feel needs to happen is (and this is speaking honestly) black men and mexican men need to stop playing the race card period. It simply is not getting them anywhere. Its not even that they are racist per say, its just they throw the card out there because they see inequality in wealth between the whites and themselves. More than likely those that use the card are not in the upper echelons of society. You dont see rich mexican or rich black men throwing the race card out there. I just want to tell those individuals to get off their high horse. Your father or grandfather probably had that right. More than likely you don't. 90% of the racism today (at least from what I have seen) stems from this kind of poor me attitude.

That being said theres plenty of white men out there who are still actually racist. The utter stupidity of the skin head and nazi movement and biker gangs that spout this # are dispicable in every sense of the word. All racism is, but I find it harder to cope with when a white man is actually racist. I find its all based on rhetoric and a superiority complex. Again they are few and far in between, but thinking about it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Again, this doesn't seem to be the case for the black or mexican racism against whites. Its not so much a superiority that they are spouting. I see it more of a gang mentality. Leave us alone "white boy." We will handle ourselves. We dont want you or your kind influencing us in anyway. Come in our territory nad youll get it. It seems to me, for them, the crux of the issue is the divisions in wealth. Once that equals out I think well see this demon in retreat for forever. Hopefully.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp

Are you stupid? The OP uses the term Hispanics to mean the Spanish. Obviously I can see that the OP wasn't careful enough with his wording. Go watch Shindler's List again stay in your own world.

Wow! That was certainly rude and uncalled for. I wont stoop to your level and call you stupid as much as id like to. I still think your a moron though (grins), for not seeing the problem between his labeling jews a problem and talking about "white pride" in the same sentence before it was pointed out to you by yours truely.

And to educate you a little more, "hispanic" in North America typically invokes spanish decendant people of spanish speaking latin american countries. It would have been more concise and accurate if he meant Spanish people, (ie Conquistadors), to simply say "spanish".

Makes me feel good to educate another naive child.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

And I already told you that I can see his wording was off. You also never responded to what I said about the Bible being used to justify slavery. You're the one that started the ad-hominem attacks by saying I was blind, while conveniently ducking my point, as you continue to do.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Pride in any form is evil. I use the word honor. People tend to think it's the same thing, but it's not.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp

And I already told you that I can see his wording was off. You also never responded to what I said about the Bible being used to justify slavery. You're the one that started the ad-hominem attacks by saying I was blind, while conveniently ducking my point, as you continue to do.

I could care less what the bible says about slavery. Why would I? Do i have a badge on me saying "Im a Christian"?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
white culture? excuse me?

Point to me on the map where "Whitelandia" is, where all white men come from. Teach me the ancient white customs of being of European descent but calling it white.

What you assume to be "white culture" is actually American culture. You think only white people eat burgers and apple pie (both dishes from europe)?

ridiculous, anyone who flags this is only helping to perpetuate the dumb.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I've been thinking about this alot lately. Why can every other culture celebrate their culture in the US. but if whites want to celebrate their culture or if they are proud of their heritage, they are automatically a racist?

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

But you DO celebrate your "culture" everywhere, even OUTSIDE America... it's so all over the place that you simply don't see it: You've got Hollywood, Fox news as well as most of the mainstream media, the music industry, through MTV and commercial radios vomiting whitetrash "rrroack" music to people's hours 24 hours a day, a government vastly made up of "White" people celebrating their culture of Law and Order (and European-based banking), big corporate food chains and stores celebrating your "White" American holidays everywhere and forcing it on our minds like totalitarian propaganda.

How is it affecting YOU, that people of different cultures celebrate their own?

What else do you need? To sabotage the cultural celebrations of Asian, Hispanic or Afro-American people?

With a big, hypocrite, heinous "
"

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You don't get it Canuck.
Aye.

Good bye.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join