It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by FermiFlux
Being white isn't a culture.

And other races don't celebrate because they are whatever colour they are, they celebrate the history of their race, and the hardships that have been overcome.

So you're saying there is no European Culture? Whites have had no hardships? hmm interesting ok.

I did not say Europeans have no culture, neither did I say whites have had no hardships. You seem to have confused race and culture. You're not talking about European culture though, and you're trying to say ethnic races celebrate being ethnic. Which they don't, they celebrate the equality their ethnicity now receives.

tell that to “la raza”

tell them about the 2nd line.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
White people will only carry the burden of slavery until something worse comes along where slavery cannot compare. This calamity, which will come, will bring us all together as we try to survive it and depend on one another. Also destroy the white Jesus image and that will begin to heal the damage between white and everyone else.

White Jesus underscores the image and foundation of exploitation the white man has acquired in the mind of the minority. Ethnocentrism must be done away with. Holding on to a white Jesus gives a sense of the white man still wanting to be God over all others, when everyone knows Jesus was not white.

The white man must give back all that he took from everyone else, even as recent as rock n roll if he wants to be regarded as a friend to humanity. This is stupid to even be talking about because naturally the transition is being made. Classism is the issue to be talking about.

reply to post by Gazrok

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thank you friend, I appreciate you putting aside your pride and our perceived differences to give my translation a chance. Like this, not 40 acres and a mule, can all races move on to more important issues.... like Classism. Peace

reply to post by Dark Ghost

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
True indeed the "individual" cannot be judged by the "collective". White "persons" shouldnt feel guilty over slavery because no white man owns a slave. Yes it can be argued that the current system is a form of modern day slavery, but now we are all united as slaves. But you can rise above your station and the only slave you can ultimately realize you are to is of your mind.

White people as a whole do not owe anyone anything. Race is a dead issue, of course white culture hasnt been infiltrated by minorities as of yet so there is some apprehension to accept it in minority circles. Still it is tolerated at most now and pretty soon we will see whites being white in minority settings and vise versa.

But plz slavery didnt affect my blood line as much as an African American descendant of slavery so I cannot truly speak on how that must feel. If you look back in all people's history there are points of shame there too, I feel that is a phase for growth.

Slavery although a sad reality then has built up a people who have overcome it and developed a resilient character that has bolstered what it means to be American. A people whose contributions to the American identity is great. We are all Americans in that we all share the same values of liberty, that is our pride not our culture or color. Peace

Originally posted by mr3dboot
reply to post by mayabong

You have touched a very sensitive topic.
Whites have no (zero) reason to feel guilty regarding the slave trade or the media occurrences of "racism" today.

The horrible treatment of black's occurred over 150 YEARS ago.
For myself, I refuse to allow myself to be trapped into feeling bad for events that happened beyond my control that occurred over a century before my birth.

As cold as this may sound, her is my message to black Americans.....Get Over It...
No one currently alive today contributed to the events surrounding the slavery that your culture was forced to endure. Not one of us should have to consider "repaying" you for those sins of yesterday.

Would you mind by the way if we started a "NWPA" (National White People of America"? Not a big deal really. We will simply ask for donations and run media nationally asking for contributions for only white people. You've done it for years so by now I assume that you wouldn't mind.

While we are on the subject, do you mind of we start an "WCC"? (White Congressional Caucus" so that the white people in Congress may get together and plan out our next white moves?

I am sick of the treatment that occurs from the idea that white people owe a black person anything. This is 2010 people. Get over what occurred over a century ago, embrace your white co-brothers on the planet and let's work together to ensure that within 5 years not a single white or black person would even consider blaming the other race for it's misfortunes.

edit on 3-12-2010 by fonenyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Just a quick comment...
A few years ago I was faced with a hiring decision. On one hand I had a supposedly well trained full of experience white guy. His resume was superb. On the other I had an up and coming black guy who had only come to America a few years before from Leberia. He had entered and graduated college but was unable to find a job because in the few years following 911 and having the first name "Mohamed" his experience was that employers were pushing him away quickly.

I recognized his spirit quickly. Since he came to America he had dedicated himself to school and caring for the underprivileged.
After some prayer I decided to give "Mo" as he cared to be known the job. Within 6 months he was exceeding all targeted budgets and had an excellent attitude.

The last I heard from "Mo" was that we has promoted to the highest level anyone may achieve without having a masters degree within the company.

White, Black, Asian, Redskin doesn't matter. What matters is the heart of the individual...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Killface

So anyone who has pride in their heritage is showing false pride for something they had nothing to do with?

Carlin might be funny, but taking comedians seriously is not typically intelligent thinking. There are truths, and sarcasm behind most good jokes, but you have to be able to find it.

One's culture determines a lot about who that person is. There is nothing wrong in being proud of who you are and race is a part of that. While the idea of being proud of race is slammed here, there certainly is no shortage of people dishing out the dirt and guilt on being white. Obviously people are fed up with it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I've been thinking about this alot lately. Why can every other culture celebrate their culture in the US. but if whites want to celebrate their culture or if they are proud of their heritage, they are automatically a racist?

That's not the case. I'm curious where you get the information you base this on. No one labels the Irish as racists when they/we celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Christmas, a caucasian/western holiday, happens every year and no one is labeled a racist. Santa Claus is "white" and still kids of all varieties and ethnicities love him and celebrate the spirit of giving, love and family. I mean, what kinds of "celebrations" are you referring to? If it's cross-burning in the front yard of another person who happens NOT to be caucasian, then, yeah, I'd see that as racist. If you're simply talking about heritage and history, like the Norsk-fest in North Dakota, people of all races join in and celebrate. Essentially, most Americans --of all races-- love any excuse to celebrate. People of all races love each NFL Team, and race isn't an issue. Cultural celebrations are much the same, with Octoberfest, German, where people of all kinds celebrate. Unless your celebrations involve disrespecting others, generally there is NO problem, and many people of all kinds join in. You see, a true CELEBRATION *unites* people, it doesn't splinter them.

Whites are meant to bear the guilt of Slavery when it is a documented fact that Jews were at the Heart of the slave trade. (although you wont see this in a Speilberg movie). Newport, Rhode island was the center of the Slave trade, highest jewish population in America and the oldest synagogue in the US. (Brazil and the Carribean slave trade were also dominated by jews).

Who says "whites are meant to bear the guilt of Slavery?" Who said that? And even if you can find someone who said (past tense) that, who is SAYING it now (present tense)? If so, then they are wrong, too. I think that many people had slaves during Revolutionary through Civil War eras. It was wrong, yet it was the way things were done. We've learned a LOT and come a LONG WAY since then, blacks, whites, hispanics, asians, native americans... all of us. I think it's important to LOOK FORWARD, and not backwards. Pointing fingers at the Jews is a bit self-defeating. It's like saying, "I'm not a racist, because LOOK ---*they* were too!" We've all come a long way and that kind of thing just starts new fractures instead of building new bridges. I don't recall many Jews living in the South, either, but I could be wrong. Either way, if your goal is to splinter, then continue pointing fingers and trying to get people angry. If your goal is to make this a better world and unite people, then we need to EMBRACE our differences, not "tolerate" them.

They have no problem celebrating their jewish heritage. Hispanics can celebrate their culture freely and happily, even though their history is just a dark as whitey's with all their killing of natives in south and central america.

Again, I don't think anyone has a problem celebrating their culture. Octoberfest (Germans). The Norsk Hostfest (Scandanavians). St. Patrick's Day (Irish). Thanksgiving (early Americans). Christmas (western/European). Halloween (western/European). These are the "caucasian" cultural celebrations that quickly come to mind. I'm srue there are many many more. Again, these celebrations bring together people of all races and we end up learning and enjoying each others' cultures. This isn't about bringing up dirt from the past, right? Why do that? Why not move forward and learn and grow and share? In the end, we're all humans.

I'm just wondering if this guilt injected into the white race over and over again has a deeper agenda. Kinda like the catholic church instills guilt and fear to take away your power.

If there is a feeling of guilt, you can rid yourself of it simply by deciding not to feel guilty for something you didn't personally do. It's as easy as that. Guilt, ---unless you've really done something wrong--- is a CHOICE. If you're feeling guilty about the past of "whites" then that's a personal choice. You, as an individual, have nothing to feel guilty about --as far as the history of "whites" is concerned. Your own personal history is a different matter. Sure, you (anyone) SHOULD feel guilty if you've said racially charged things that hurt someone else's feelings for no particular reason. A person's conscience might flare up if they've racially taunted others, done wrong based on race, vandalized, etc. If you have not, then what's the hang up keeping you from enjoying life? Again, true "celebrations" bring people together, not splinter them apart. Cinco de Mayo, Greek-fests, Pacific-Islander fests, etc. bring in people of ALL KINDS, not just hispanics, Greeks or asians.

I think every culture should be able to celebrate their heritage freely. Just wondering why whites are not allowed by the powers that be.

Well, that's a good thought, and guess what: they/we do. Your outlook is somehow keeping you from seeing that this is already being done. Get out there. Celebrate not only your own culture, celebrate others too. You'll quickly learn and experience that people are people first. We all have friends, family, dreams, aspirations... We all have insecurities and strengths. Hopes and Fears. You should act more out of HOPE than fear.

Disclaimer: if your celebration of culture harms others, then it is not truly a celebration but a crime.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It is ppl like you that give humanity hope. It may be hard at times to make that kind of decision. But as we all know "its all in the eyes chico"... you can tell who is real and who is fake quickly if you see it in yourself and correct it. People today depend on the media to define their worlds, few can be critical of themselves and admit when they are wrong.

Thank you for sharing your post with us

reply to post by mr3dboot

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
White people will only carry the burden of slavery until something worse comes along where slavery cannot compare. This calamity, which will come, will bring us all together as we try to survive it and depend on one another. Also destroy the white Jesus image and that will begin to heal the damage between white and everyone else.

White Jesus underscores the image and foundation of exploitation the white man has acquired in the mind of the minority. Ethnocentrism must be done away with. Holding on to a white Jesus gives a sense of the white man still wanting to be God over all others, when everyone knows Jesus was not white.

The white man must give back all that he took from everyone else, even as recent as rock n roll if he wants to be regarded as a friend to humanity. This is stupid to even be talking about because naturally the transition is being made. Classism is the issue to be talking about.

reply to post by Gazrok

Tanned Mohammed is damned for all the murders he has commited, and all the atrocities he has brought onto people creating terrorist.

Destroy Tanned Mohammed, he is the one who tells his people to kill to murder infidels. Destroy Tanned Mohammed and his warriors for killing innocent people...

Tanned Mohammed needs to be ereased from memory....

Color is nothing and white people do not need to give you back a thing. Neither does any other color owe you a thing. It's you that has taken from us.... You have taken innocent lives in the name of Mohammed white black red and brown... Damn Mohammed for keeping women his slave and his people still see and use women as a tool.... Give back to the world and quit killing people of all color.
edit on 3-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

This I disagree with, not in whole, but in the sense that slavery is a white guilt. The fact is that one would be hard pressed to find any culture, race, or creed that does not have slavery somewhere in its past - and in some cases, even in its present.

While I fully agree with your statement, unfortunately it is NOT the common perception, and it's the PERCEPTION that we must all live with...not the reality. Don't forget about all of those who sold out their people to the slavers, right? (and profited while selling their cousins, tribe mates, etc.) I mean, no race is innocent. We all have war, genocide, and other horrible atrocities in our history.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mr3dboot

So rather than hiring the more experience guy, you decided on a person based on their skin color.

Isn't that racism?

You ever wonder how many jobs the white guy gets passed over because he is white, everything must be going his way. I wonder if the white guy had kids.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by hornyana_jones
That is right...you can have a black community center...you can have a muslim community center...latino...jew...but not white
every culture can exclude white people but white people cannot

its call reverse racisime

I did the google thing...couldn't find any black community centers...

are you talking about just...community centers that happen to be located in predominently black neighborhoods? 0o

if you used the0 right term(african-american) you would find: www.google.ca...:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=&redir_esc=&ei=uw35TOekM 9uQnweSpJylCQ

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Come on. It's the frakking year 2010. Each time you bring up the race card, we devolve decades.

My skin may be light, but I'd never deem myself part of any white culture. WTF is that anyway?

100+yrs ago coming off Ellis Island, there may have been distinct white cultural groups, many different un-associated groups I might add, most of whom weren't carrying with them a bunch of cultural pride, as they were fleeing their home-countries in droves. Their goal was to shed the past and become Americans.
That's your culture now...
*insert Jesus facepalm*

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Nope. Skin color was not an issue. It was the drive and heart of the one guy who I felt would best complete the job...
The white guy had tons of experience but zero heart and drive. If you were in my shoes who would you have chosen?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I am with the author of the OP on this.

We have a black caucus,, what do you think would happen if a few politicains tried to establish a white caucus?

We have BET (black entertainment TV), why not WET?

We have the Equal Employment Opportunity Act, requiring employers to hire a certain percentage of minorities, but no such act requiring employers to hire any percentage of caucasions. I.E., Years ago I read an article in Readers Digest about Muhammad Ali, and he bragged about owning a company with 500 employees, ALL OF WHICH WERE BLACK! If a company with 500 employees owned by a white person bragged about having all white employees, what do you think would happen?

We have a policy that requires a certain percentage of business loans and government contracts to go to minority owned businesses, but no such policy for caucasion owned businesses.

Black comedians and actors get away with calling themselves the n-word and white people crackers all day, every day, but let a white person make a racial remark about black people and we're racist.

We have laws against discrimination that are well enforced, but try to levy a reverse discrimination complaint and see how far you get.

Many years ago in California they tried to eliminate the Equal Opportunity Act, and educate and employ individuals based solely on their merits, instead of by culture or skin tone.

The bill passed by something like 87%, but never went into effect. Why? Because the NAACP challanged it and fought it all the way up to the Supreme Court, where it was declared unconstitutional.

So does the NAACP really want equal opportunity, or prefered opportunity?

And, how is it unconstitutional to educate and employ people based on their abilities, instead of their skin color?

Many government agencies require employment candidates to take tests befoire being hired, and many of those agencies have separate, lower scoring requirments for minorities. How is it that because I'm white I'd have to score higher on a test to get hired than a black or mexican person would have to score for the same job.

Yeah, I'm white and I'm proud of it! I am not racist, I have nothing against any culture or color, but Im sick of this double edged sword, that is U.S. policy and the one sidedness of what is considered politically correct.

edit on 3-12-2010 by mark-in-dallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is the most Bs i have ever read in my life.

Black people hate us because we are white...
There allowed to have black power...But screw you whitey ..you have no real culture so you cant have white pride

circle jerking at it's finest.

White people feel guilt for slavery.....BS
I am white and do not know ONE white person in 35 year's that feels guilt for our forefather's or great great great grandparent's owning slave's.
Why in the heck should we...WE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT....

If you want to to condemn white Christians for slavery based on a a RACE..But on the other hand
Why are we not allowed to blame ALL Arabic Muslim's for Jihad-ism/Terrorism. ...exactly you ALL are double standard hobag's.

Because it isnt in you anti white agenda book is why.
It needs updated if ya gonna bigot one race or culture we need to do it Bias..
I personally hate everyone regardless of race creed or religion.
Based on The law of TheAmused...
All people are created with a certain brain function breed into us so we do not mix race's.
Thus why every culture and race has racist's.
People will deny they are racist's till there voice's go out..
But hear me...
If your kid says dad im gay this is my new husband..
or she says this is my black husband dad.
or dad i am marrying a jew.
or dad i am marring a white man from a tralier park..
Every person on this planet has a racist point of view Regardless of if there willing to say it in public.

If you deny it your a Fin Lying too

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Define white.
Then explain why you are proud of being white?
edit on 3-12-2010 by primus2012 because: grammar

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mark-in-dallas

Yeah I agree, reverse racism is a huge problem.. Whites are becoming the Minority unfortunately.

I've never enslaved anyone. I've never oppressed anyone. My ancestors were not slave owners, in fact, they weren't even in this country when slavery was around. Just because I have white skin does not mean my "culture" was any way involved.

P.S. I'm proud to be white just as any other race should be proud of their heritage...
edit on 3-12-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Like a friend told me once

every race got there slavery story...for the european villagers it was the vikings that was coming tho white people village and took the man as slave.those slave where rowing at the bottom of the boat to go to war and when the boat sink the slave sink with it since they wherwe chained to it...

would you prefer to pick cotton?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
What exactly have whites had to fight for or struggle for?? Umm..nothing!!

Man .. you sure don't know your history at all. :shk:
- white people have been slaves in large numbers just as black and asian people have been.
- white people have been 'indentured servants' which is also a form of slavery.
- white people have faced famine and black death.
- white people have had to struggle against invasions as well.
(genghis khan, the romans, the egyptians, the muslims, barbary pirates, etc etc)
- white people have betrayed other white people and sold them into slavery.
(just as black africans sold other black africans, and asians sold asians, etc)
- White women have had to struggle for equal rights as white men.
(right to decent work, decent pay, right to have their voices heard, etc)

Slavery and struggle aren't specific to one race of people. Everyones ancestors have had to deal with it. What is sad is that the politically correct crowd and their in-fad anti-white rhetoric has wiped out the significance of a great deal of history on this planet .. and, as we can see here, some lap it up and believe it. :shk:

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join