It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment Benefits Expire

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

There are three books that everyone that really wants a good understanding of what is going on, concerning this thread should read.

- The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy by Jim Marrs
- Outsourcing of America by Ron Hira & Anil Hira
- Hostile Takeover by David Sirota.

Yes I am plugging these books, although I do not have the honor of knowing any of the people that wrote these books.

I'm not very good at explaining how this @rap game is being rigged against us, or I'de be a world reknown author.

However, these three books really, in my humble opinion show how the shell game is being played against the majority of people on this planet.

We wouldn't be in this mess if more people put down their damn ipods, love novels, remote controls, xboxes and cell phones and picked up some books that give insightful information.

Knowledge is power.

The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy is mind boggling information. Jim Marrs worked under Walter Cronkite and is a seasoned journalists back when being a journalist meant you had to do your own research.

Read my signature.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NightShift

After banging on that wall over and over for over a year I finally got work again. I make half as much as at my last job and do administrative work in the type of department I used to manage.

This market is hitting older, more experienced, more expensive talent. Out of the hundreds of retail and blue collar applications I sent, I never got so much as a call back. Not one. Who hires educated, older, corporate experienced people to drive a truck or run a register? Nobody....

Welcome to the crowd.

My spouse and I both found out that as soon as you hit your forties forget about getting a decent job. We both have science degrees and are a tech writer, a Certified Quality Engineer. We could not even get jobs as lab techs and finally gave up about fifteen years ago. We run a very small business now.

Believe me AGE discrimination is alive and well. I took an Employment Law class. Age discrimination (40 and older) is a completely separate law from the other discrimination law and is very very weak (no teeth) Essentially an employer can rebut the charge with any reasonable excuse. The biggie is not only does a potential employer have the RIGHT to ask an applicant what their age is, they are REQUIRED by law to do so.
This allow them to screen out older workers BEFORE the interview phase!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by NightShift

After banging on that wall over and over for over a year I finally got work again. I make half as much as at my last job and do administrative work in the type of department I used to manage.

This market is hitting older, more experienced, more expensive talent. Out of the hundreds of retail and blue collar applications I sent, I never got so much as a call back. Not one. Who hires educated, older, corporate experienced people to drive a truck or run a register? Nobody....

Welcome to the crowd.

My spouse and I both found out that as soon as you hit your forties forget about getting a decent job. We both have science degrees and are a tech writer, a Certified Quality Engineer. We could not even get jobs as lab techs and finally gave up about fifteen years ago. We run a very small business now.

Believe me AGE discrimination is alive and well. I took an Employment Law class. Age discrimination (40 and older) is a completely separate law from the other discrimination law and is very very weak (no teeth) Essentially an employer can rebut the charge with any reasonable excuse. The biggie is not only does a potential employer have the RIGHT to ask an applicant what their age is, they are REQUIRED by law to do so.
This allow them to screen out older workers BEFORE the interview phase!

My husband and I are in our 40's as are our friends and you are dead on right. Since when is 40 considered too old to work? Its weird.. all of these strange changes recently.. last 20 yrs or so.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Older workers are not sheep, they are not "team players" and often speak their mind. This does not fit in well with the "new" Corporate culture. Also young managers do not trust older workers who might sow them up as being wet behind the ears.

My suggestion is to check out the small companies. That is who my hubby does contract work for now. Small companies often do not have an HR dept who feel they must "protect" the hiring manager from applicants.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Advantage

Older workers are not sheep, they are not "team players" and often speak their mind. This does not fit in well with the "new" Corporate culture. Also young managers do not trust older workers who might sow them up as being wet behind the ears.

My suggestion is to check out the small companies. That is who my hubby does contract work for now. Small companies often do not have an HR dept who feel they must "protect" the hiring manager from applicants.

My husband is employed.. snd I dont see hte govt going anywhere soon. I just he keeps his job!
Our friends though, several are having a terrible time as the city we live in is 99% supported by the base. There is no industry, manufacturing, really nothing of consequence but retail and fast food. We lso have a VERY high welfare recipient population here. SUmmer jobs for kids are nonexistent anymore.. much less jobs for men or women who have a family to support.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How about the companies not hiring unemployed workers because they are unemployed? That is apparently happening quite a bit now.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

We just can't find qualified people. I'm not talking about jobs requiring a college degree, just some basic skills and the ability to pass a drug test.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Well I am going to do some more digging as it may be sensible to set up a business supplying people with the sorts of skills that are needed. It does seem very wrong however the schools are churning out people.

Rgds

T5

edit on 1-12-2010 by tiger5 because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

I don't give a rats behind what you believe little boy. My cousin was one, as was one of my friends dad. Took the entire allowable length of unemployment benefits and all available extensions, and then decided to look for work during the last month of unemployment availability. Now go away child, unless you have something more to offer.

And you have no clue what you are talking about. You can't get unemployment unless you worked and contributed. Or should I say had it stolen from you. I have worked in the system almost 40 years and i am one of those people who took every extension because it is money stolen from me my employer could have been paying me and i could have invested it etc. So I don't feel bad one bit. I stopped looking for a job after about 500 resumes and not even a screw you letter. Sure there are some jobs out there like walmart greeter etc. but why should I accept that kind of poverty when I can get some of my stolen money back?

Still the money is not coming from you and others that are working like you smugly believe in your ignorance. It is money from nothing they create out of thin air just like all the budget. They can create it out of thin air and sell bonds to China and finance a trillion dollar a year military budget but they will let a bunch of hard working Americans starve while they bicker over tax cuts when they created the reason millions are out of work by thier fraudulent system in the first place. Don;t worry it is coming to and end soon and then you will be out of work too.

I hope you don't loose you job or business anytime soon cause you have a rude awakening coming when you do. So get off your high horse there "little boy" I and millions of others have worked hard all our lives and I'll still work any young kid under the table but the system is done for so I will ride it out as long as i can and if they want to give me some of my stolen fruits back I'll take it as long as I can while I prepare for the crash and then a new sustainable economy where value is traded for value and this kind of thing we are living doesn't happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

to answer your question... these same people can now apply for TATNF (the new welfare) for a family they might get more money but if your single that $68 dollars doesn't go very far...

Wow! A single mother with 2 chilfren gets a whole $260.00 per month.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So are you saying that the majority of people on welfare are just not looking for work or are your aquaintances in the minority? That is the real question. I am saying these people constitute maybe 10% max. I have been unemployed and have had unemployed friends and it stinks and we have a good work ethic and would do any job despite having prestigious college degrees.

edit on 1-12-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

The schools are part of the problem. They are not teaching the skills needed by employers. I was interviewing for a Mechanical CAD Drafter a few months ago. I had the honor students from the local tech schools. They could draw pretty pictures, but, none of them could tell me where to find info on a 10-32 screw.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate2012
How about the companies not hiring unemployed workers because they are unemployed? That is apparently happening quite a bit now.

Oh hell, thats an easy one actually

lie

just freaking lie...if a company is not going to hire you for being unemployed..whats the worst that can happen if you lie and say your working part time at joe and freds widget shop?

nothing...they may check up and find out you lied...and not hire you...or they may not bother and hire you...but a 50/50 shot is better than a 100% no

So yes...lie your butts off 99ers...not just bend the truth, but a bald face lie...once the economy rebounds, look for another job to sidestep so they can't call you on the lie a couple years down the road if possible

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

So are you saying that the majority of people on welfare are just not looking for work or are your aquaintances in the minority? That is the real question. I am saying these people constitute maybe 10% max. I have been unemployed and have had unemployed friends and it stinks and we have a good work ethic and would do any job despite having prestigious college degrees.

edit on 1-12-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

I would say maybe ten percent are milking the system. And out of circa 29 million unemployed, that's 2.9 million too many, IMO.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Thanks for that as a progressive I cannot abide the lazy. Get a job and participate in society. It is wrong to ban something because of a paltry minority. If we loose our work ethic then we are doomed. the lazy irritate me but I just concentrate on the majority who are suffering without work.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
cant have you americans having benefits when your salaryes were 10,000 a month.
you know you should have saved more

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by SaturnFX

this is utterly disgusting! im not american if from the uk but this is horrendous! how can they live with thierselves by cutting peoples benefits?...its not as though there are plenty of jobs to go round is there? what about families with young babies and children? how will they feed thier babies or clothe them?

its not as though they were given plenty of notice to at least try and secure some kind of income! but yea food safety more important, i dont even know what they mean by food safety?! that enough gm products are in our food? that were getting that steady dose of poison?

so its ok just let people starve to death, make them homeless, and near christmas?? uuurgh im sickened!!

You get cut off a lot quicker in the UK. This is very bad in the USA, but the Government simply can't afford to pay people unemployment past two years. This isn't like the dole in UK, it's closer to unemployment insurance in Canada.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You get cut off a lot quicker in the UK. This is very bad in the USA, but the Government simply can't afford to pay people unemployment past two years. This isn't like the dole in UK, it's closer to unemployment insurance in Canada.
reply to post by babybunnies

Yet we can afford to help the banks giving them trillions of dollars?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

Its not giving but loaning them the money.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by godddd
reply to post by thewholepicture

Its not giving but loaning them the money.

Oh yeah sorry I forgot, so who's going to pay this loan back? We are, through taxes and interest rates!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join