It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment Benefits Expire

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

So what IS my physical build What IS my Stamina ....because you know me so well. Way to make assumptions. If a Mentally disabled person can get a job a fully able human should be able to as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

This is from a post a made sometime back. Congress needs to pass tax bill first before the unemployment

Why trickledown economics works!

With the news of the government only expanding the bush tax cuts to people making under $250,000 and increasing the so called “rich” Americans, I wanted to explain why this is a bad idea.

Update: Nancy stretch face just announced the house will not vote on extending the tax cuts for no one. So everyone’s taxes are going up from 3-5%. Thanks libs!

I’m trying to be the lest political I can but the most ignorance I find on this board comes from liberals or democrat supporters. Their arguments come as “if you give tax breaks to the rich they are just going to send their money to off shore bank accounts.” Or “they are so rich what’s another million extra dollars when they have 10 million already” another favorite is “the rich get richer and the poor get poorer” I find all these statements as talking points from the MSM. They provide no evidence and no substance and come from people who I believe have no concept of the market and how business is ran.

Why do the “RICH” need tax breaks? Simple, they need more money to start businesses and open up branches in new markets. Let’s create a business model. Let’s say the federal corporate tax is 35 %( I believe this number is correct) and state corporate tax is another 10%. (California) So right off the bat you are going to pay 45% in any gross profit.

Let’s say your net sales is $5,200,000 (revenue) for the year and you’re a small construction company

A good guess of goods sold would be (cost to supply jobs and finish)
Materials $2,200,000
Labor and Burden $1,213,000
Subcontract $87,000
Total Cost are $3,500,000

This leaves us with $1,700,000 Gross Profit and 32.69% margin (margin is the percentage of return on our sale, our $5,200,000 number)

But wait we must now pay for overhead! (the cost to keep the doors open and pay admin)

General and Admin expenses
Insurance $237,000
Facilities Expenses $84,000
Vehicle expenses $241,000
Other $656,000
Total overhead expense $1,218,000

We are now left with $1,700,000- $1,218,000 = $482,000 profit at 9.27% margin (margin is the percentage of return on our sale, our $5,200,000 number)

Now its April 15th, Time to pay taxes!!! Our profit of 482,000 must now be taxed at 45% so $216,418 gets taken for taxes. We are now left with $265,582 our company made for the year at 5.10% Margin (margin is the percentage of return on our sale, our $5,200,000 number) and this is a very conservative number. Company usually make about 3% return on investment!

So we invested 5.2 million dollars to make $265,582! These are true life real numbers. It takes a lot of money to invest and make money. And to be able to finance this work for the year the company need to have 5.2 million in the bank! So when you libs talk about company hording money in banks that’s not the case. The companies need this money in the bank to finance the jobs and as insurance if anything goes wrong.

So the next year we have 265,582 to invest with. We need at least $350,000 to open another branch and start work but since 45% went to taxes we have to wait and save till next year to open up another branch and hire more people to bring in more money. If we were taxed only 25% this number would have been achieved and we would have hired more people and started up more jobs!

These are the number and numbers don’t lie. You need a large bank roll now a day to make a little money. If only our taxes were cut for company it would take less money to start up more companies in more markets to gain more jobs. simple as that.

Remember the owner of the company is forking out 5.2 million of his own money for this company. if it falls he loses it all ( unless you know obama and he bails you out) other wise he is intiteled to the win falls and the money the company makes. would you be willing to lay your life on the line like that to make a buck. lucky your have bosses who are. other wise you would not have a job.

edit on 2-12-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ah, yes. The sum total of Government Big Brother Subsistence......................

.Chicago shutters infamous public housing complex

In 1992, a Cabrini resident hiding in a vacant 10th-floor apartment shot and killed 7-year-old Dantrell Davis as he walked to school holding his mother's hand.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by solids0be

I know for a fact that not all people can perform the long days and hard work that you seem to think everyone can. Can your mentally disabled person perform your job? Didn't think so.

I, for one, suffer chronic fatigue that comes and goes. One week Ill be fine and able to work my ass off and the next week I can't get out of bed - literally I have no strength. I guess people like me don't factor into your perfect little world, as usual we are forgotten about and generalised into the "Just get a bloody job and work your ass off" crowd.

The ignorance is astonishing.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Your entire post ASSUMES that the rich don't shift the money offshore or somewhere else into savings. You say that the rich use the money to build new businesses etc. Where is the evidence of this? I cannot see it - all I can see is America's middle-class being wiped out and your industry being shipped off to India and China. I see no evidence WHATSOEVER that your post holds any truth.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whoocares

I do look up the information man.
Maybe you need to?
Have you ever taken it upon yourself to prove him wrong?
CNN, MSNBC, & the other liberal networks can't discredit him,
they just bash his character because everything (almost) is true.
I dare you to try to discredit one thing he's said with factual info.

I double dare you...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

um it hold truth because thats was a job of ours....

money goes to off shore bank accounts because other countries taxes are cheaper. why would they move there money in the first place????/ cheaper taxes.

jobs shifted to india, china, why? because taxes are cheaper. please stop with the talking points questions and ask yourself why they are doing it in the first place. there doing it to make a profit because the USA is anti companies anti corporations. thats why.

edit on 2-12-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I know for a fact that not all people can perform the long days and hard work that you seem to think everyone can. Can your mentally disabled person perform your job? Didn't think so.

I, for one, suffer chronic fatigue that comes and goes. One week Ill be fine and able to work my ass off and the next week I can't get out of bed - literally I have no strength. I guess people like me don't factor into your perfect little world, as usual we are forgotten about and generalised into the "Just get a bloody job and work your ass off" crowd.

The ignorance is astonishing.

Did I say A mentally disabled person performs my job? I said they had a job.

And Just because you have a "Disabilty" dosen't seem to stop you from working does it. So whats everyone elses excuse? And the truely disabled recieve Disability payments.There is plenty of work that needs to get done in this world and theres a place for anyone whos willing to put in the time. Im tired of excuses from people like you, its that kind of attitude which people who stand in the welfare lines have...Why should I have to work..Im special...Truth is your not special get over it contribute to society instead of pulling everyone else down with your self defeated attitude.
edit on 2-12-2010 by solids0be because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The rich move the tax cuts offshore thereby not spending it in the American economy and not stimulating it. This is the whole crux of the issue being discussed mate, the rich are claiming that extending their tax cuts will stimulate the economy more than unemployment benefits will. This is a lie.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
SLAYER69 posted this in another thread. I strongly suggest you watch it - I guarantee you will learn something.

I can't believe ANYONE would want to extend tax cuts for the rich at the expense of the poor. It's disgusting.

edit on 2/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yeah, I applied for aid, but being single, no kids, I get screwed, doesnt matter anyway, I didn't get approved. They wanted me to tell them the exact date I entered the country, even though I had my certificate of naturalization, for some reason that certificate means nothing, only the date I entered the country, I told the lady that I was 11 months old, I didn't remember the exact date, so she gave me attitude and said I wouldn't get any further untill I gave her the date and it has to be exact I can't make a date up.

I could not receive unemployment benefits because I was "self employed" and didn't pay into the unemployment thing for self employed people (yeah I know my own mistake but I was barely making ends meet at the time) Unemployed for over a year now, I make cash every now and then doing odd jobs, fixing computers, construction side jobs. I know how difficult it is to find good work. I could become an over the road truck driver for a company, but that's not for me, I did it and it's a nightmare.

Whoah, I apologize for goin off and ranting a bit hehe
these times suck, but I've managed to survive, and mostly thanks to family and good friends, but I rather not be a burden on them.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I suffer from clinical anxiety. How DARE you claim that he is just 'sitting on his ass'. Have you ever had an anxiety attack? It is like having a heart attack - the symptoms are basically the same. I have particular problems in public - I can't walk out the door without setting off another attack some days.

Ok so

Chronic Fatigue- Get an at home job as most at home gigs you'll only need your laptop and maybe a phone wont even have to get out of bed. problem solved!

Clinical Anxiety- See solution for Chronic Fatigue.

Any other impairment that you'll be using as an excuse? just so we know your not Googleing these as you go.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentStigma

Any other impairment that you'll be using as an excuse? just so we know your not Googleing these as you go.

Ahhh, I was wondering when someone was going to try accusing me of lying. Congratulations for being so predictable.....

Anyhoo. I have found a way around my impairments only because I was fortunate enough to be in a family that had a job I was able to perform. I had spent over a year trying to make it on my own before that, and after rejection after rejection after rejection (mostly because of my medical issues) I was so heartbroken and full of despair I attempted suicide. It wasn't until then that my family knew I was in trouble, I had kept it from then until then out of pride.

There. You know part of my story. Happy now? Hope you got your kicks out of making me relive that again to prove a point.

By the way I bet you haven't watched that video I posted have you? Hmmmmmmmmm?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

i cant watch u-tube and i would like to call a truce and agree to diss agree. got to get back to work.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

No worries mate, truce is called.

Enjoy the rest of your day (I mean that, I'm not being a smartass
)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I'm curious, do you think that PTSD is a disability that warrants unemployability?
edit on 2-12-2010 by AdAbsurdum because: Spelling.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by solids0be

You would try to take the easy way out. And no one asked you if you tried to off yourself, Stop trying to emotionally lead conversations in your favor. I don't Pity weak minded people and I don't pity you. Don't like it?Tough Sh*t life isn't easy stop make it out like everyones born to get a free ride, the people who are TRUELY disabled should be taken care of, but just because doctors have classified a sh*t ton of "Disabilities" in the last 30 years and people can claim anything from Chronic depression to erectile dysfunction to get their checks is bullsh*t.

What are you, a monster? You heartless, son-of-a.....

I'm ending this conversation with you now. There is nothing I can do about your attitude but to avoid you like you have the plague. Goodbye.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Ahhh, I was wondering when someone was going to try accusing me of lying. Congratulations for being so predictable.....

Anyhoo. I have found a way around my impairments only because I was fortunate enough to be in a family that had a job I was able to perform. I had spent over a year trying to make it on my own before that, and after rejection after rejection after rejection (mostly because of my medical issues) I was so heartbroken and full of despair I attempted suicide. It wasn't until then that my family knew I was in trouble, I had kept it from then until then out of pride.

There. You know part of my story. Happy now? Hope you got your kicks out of making me relive that again to prove a point.

By the way I bet you haven't watched that video I posted have you? Hmmmmmmmmm?

If I had posted That I had one illness then on another post say I had different illness wouldnt you question the truthfulness of my posts? People post lies all the time to try and prove their point. It was not my intention for you to re-live your suicide attempt. I am not trying to insult you in anyway so please dont think Im going to get kicks out of what is obviously a painful time in your life.

However I am glad you seemed to have been able to overcome your issues and find work even though its with family its still a gig right.

I only got five min into the video then had to step away for a meeting I will watch the rest of it tonight, However it seemed the video was geared toward the upper class V.S. everyone else I am not trying to argue that the elite class are screwing everyone else. This thread is about the Unemployment Benefits expiring. and we were discussing the people who milk the system when they in fact are able bodied and could work but wont since they see it as free money and they feel entitled to it.

If you aren't able bodied and cant work I have no problem with my tax dollars helping you out. its the ones that leach off the system and drain the funds that are intended for those who need it v.s. those that are lazy and just want it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

If I had posted That I had one illness then on another post say I had different illness wouldnt you question the truthfulness of my posts?

Huh? They are 2 separate issues, both of which I suffer from (actually, as a matter of fact they are somewhat related but that could take hours to explain). How is that so hard to understand? I chose to reveal the CFS after the anxiety because it was obvious some posters were taking the dinosaur route of denying that anxiety is an actual medical condition.

And after the reaction I received from a certain poster who is now on my ignore list, I feel I have been proven right in identifying some people as complete monsters - both in their attitudes towards the unemployed and also toward those with medical conditions.

What kind of a monster says "You would try to take the easy way out" when told someone attempted suicide?

Disgusting, absolutely and completely disgusting. Not you, the monster.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join