It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment Benefits Expire

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by SilentStigma
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

So Telemarketing wouldn't be a gainful employment? How so? because you think you are above it? It still puts money in your pocket food on your table.

Telemarketing requires a special form of stomach - not everyone can sit there and listen to abuse being hurled at them all day.

So your too sensitive for a job on the phone? really? that's your excuse?

Everyone in fact CAN sit there and listen to someone piss and moan on the phone it requires no special skill other then not being so sensitive and being able to not take words personally. Just because you don't want to or don't like the job doesn't mean you cant do the job. That would be your personal choice. Hell im sure most of us on here don't like their job or working at all. THAT'S WHY ITS CALLED WORK!

Choosing not to work somewhere because you might get a mean person on the phone, or you think you are above that job does not entitle you to sit on your ass and leach off the govt.

Beggars cant be choosers!
edit on 2-12-2010 by SilentStigma because: Spelling error

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
The problem with unlimited unemployment benefits is many people don't even bother looking for work anymore.

Believe me, I know several of them, and they disgust me.

Except that's a SMALL PART of the system next to the millions of Americans who are truly needing these benefits.

WHY IN THE HELL does the 2% richest Americans need tax cuts! They're RICH! They're richer then God! Wow, it staggers me on how the Republicans think!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Um your all forgeting something. its not a "TAX CUT". its a vote to keep them the same and its for everyone. Everyones taxes are going up if there is no vote. I will see $200+ a month less and im in the middle class.

lets stop with the talking points and look at the facts please.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

true, have to work to pay the bills and to pay my debt

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Castaway

Just because you would do that dosen't mean everyone else would. Id work my fingers to the bone for my family before I accepted hand outs. My father started out as a meat deliverer and worked his ass off getting a restaraunt licence, then starting his own restaraunt's.He made a great life for his family through Hard work and sacrifice. I barely saw him growing up because I was at school when he was home and wasn't home when i got off school because he worked till past midnight 6 days a week. Its too bad everyone else can't have that kind of attitude and would rather complain about how hard it is to find a good job while sitting at home watching TV.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

WHY IN THE HELL does the 2% richest Americans need tax cuts! They're RICH! They're richer then God! Wow, it staggers me on how the Republicans think!

This is the crux of the issue in my mind. Hasn't it crossed all the naysayers minds that the ultra-rich want tax cuts at the expense of the unemployed? This isn't about the employed rousing on the unemployed, it's about the bloody billion and trillionaires who are up their laughing their collective asses off at the entire country (and the world) as we speak.

Laughing...

Hysterical laughter......

While we sit back and call each other names.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by solids0be

Yeah, because everyone in the world has the same physical build and stamina as you and therefore has no excuse not to work their ass off to get bloody nowhere anyway.

Oooooooooook......

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Unemployment Benefits Expire

slatest.slate.com

Millions of jobless Americans will lose their benefits on Thursday after Congress failed to extend help for the long-term unemployed on Tuesday, reports ABC. Democrats pushing for the bill argued that unemployment benefits are a better way to spur the economy than tax cuts for the rich. Republicans countered that Democrats were trying to rush the bill at the last minute. "We should have spent time working on this," said Republican Sen. Scott Brown at the Senate debate. "But we need to work on food safety?" He said, referring to time spent embroiled in the food safety bill earlier this week
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12/1/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

hahaha i like how it says "unemployment benefits are a better way to spur the economy than tax cuts for the rich"

we should all quit are jobs and go on unemplyment so the economy will be spured faster. flat out everyone shold quit. that will get this train moving wont it. lol what a joke

edit on 2-12-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

www.bloomberg.com...

Rich Americans Save Tax Cuts Instead of Spending, Moody's Says

Give the wealthiest Americans a tax cut and history suggests they will save the money rather than spend it.

Tax cuts in 2001 and 2003 under President George W. Bush were followed by increases in the saving rate among the rich, according to data from Moody’s Analytics Inc. When taxes were raised under Bill Clinton, the saving rate fell.

The findings may weaken arguments by Republicans and some Democrats in Congress who say allowing the Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans to lapse will prompt them to reduce their spending, harming the economy. President Barack Obama wants to extend the cuts for individuals earning less than $200,000 and couples earning less than $250,000 while ending them for those who earn more.

“I would tend to wonder how much the tax cut actually influences spending behavior,” said Chris Cornell, an economist who mined government reports back to 1989 for West Chester, Pennsylvania-based Moody’s Analytics. “Spending by the top 5 percent of households seems much more closely tied to business- cycle issues than it does to tax-cut issues.”

The whole reasoning for the tax cuts to the rich is a lie. They don't spend it to stimulate the economy, they save it.

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by solids0be

Yeah, because everyone in the world has the same physical build and stamina as you and therefore has no excuse not to work their ass off to get bloody nowhere anyway.

Oooooooooook......

Physical build and stamina has nothing to do with it. Its about taking responsibility for your own life and stop leaching off handouts. Someone doesn't have to be a body builder to make a life for themselves but they do have to get off of their ass and work for it. Instead of hoping someone will just give it to them.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

cool you pulled up a write up of one authors opinion in a news artical.

Helping run a small company i can tell you first hand. its going to hurt us and we are planning on laying people off! how about you pull articals from people that work for a living and run companys. ma-pa stores, like us, or big companys for that matter

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentStigma

You were advocating 65 hour weeks with work ending after Midnight. That requires stamina and physical strength to continue that day in and day out for extended periods. Only Superman would say it didn't. Not all people have that, it's not that hard to comprehend mate.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
reply to post by Kryties

cool you pulled up a write up of one authors opinion in a news artical.

Helping run a small company i can tell you first hand. its going to hurt us and we are planning on laying people off! how about you pull articals from people that work for a living and run companys. ma-pa stores, like us, or big companys for that matter

How about me for example then? I run a business with my father thankyou very much. I know EXACTLY what it is like.

Oh and by the way - that was not an opinion article mate, read the bloody thing it clearly says "according to data from Moody’s Analytics Inc".

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I do that all day long and im not tired. i get home at 7-8pm eat and go to bed at 9pm wake up at 4am and do it all over again. some days better then others but i want to get ahead in life

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
reply to post by Kryties

I do that all day long and im not tired. i get home at 7-8pm eat and go to bed at 9pm wake up at 4am and do it all over again. some days better then others but i want to get ahead in life

Ahhh, and how is your physical fitness and stamina then eh? Quite good I would imagine. Thankyou for proving my point.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

yes rich saving money might be the case but thats for everyone. everyone is saving money right now. thats why the economy is at a stand still. For example. our company will not expand and spend money till the country gets out of this hole. so we are saving money in the company so we can weather any future stormes that might come.

i dont understand why you would advicate raising taxes if your family owns a small company. any REV you make over 250,000 your considered rich.

sorry for spelling

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by SilentStigma

You were advocating 65 hour weeks with work ending after Midnight. That requires stamina and physical strength to continue that day in and day out for extended periods. Only Superman would say it didn't. Not all people have that, it's not that hard to comprehend mate.

First of all I didn't advocate 65 hour weeks with work after midnight that was solids0be's example of their fathers determination working hard to support his family and make it happen by any means necessary. Dont want to work after midnight? Dont work in the bar/restaurant business. There are plenty of other industries

but to make a life for yourself it takes work. as im sure you know since you and your father run a business. who started your business you or your father im sure when it started there was long days and late hours to get going right? and your not superman are you?

Im not saying if you want a life then go start a restaurant and work till your fingers bleed im saying if you want a life for yourself go get it it takes hard work but it can happen

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join