It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea deploys SA-2 surface-to-air missiles near Yellow Sea border with S. Korea

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
reply to post by Mercenary2007

You know I used to hear always that the American High Tech stuff is capable to defeat everything, but the true problem is... no it can't. Regardless you have Los Angeles submarines, B2s or high tech American stuff in the area...

#1: Los Angeles submarines are blind, just as every other submarine. If they don't know where to search a sub, they won't find it. Same goes for the subhunter ships. The NK knows those waters inside out. The U.S. don't.
#2: The B2s. The Russian radar tech is capable to detect stealth units. It's not advertised in the U.S., but that's the truth. This is how you lost your F117 too. Older Russian radars are capable to pick them up.
#3: The American technology was kicked out by "cavemen" in Afghanistan and Iraq. So, right now regardless the U.S. has high tech from everything, they can't win a single war with it.

lol.. you keep popping up every time I read a NK thread.. you are wrong.. just like three threads ago when people proved you wrong.. sad.. Russian. stuff is old and out dated and theirs is falling apart.. and and NK has world war 2 era subs so yeah.. I think their isn't going to be a trap and a u.s subs have been operation their since before NK had subs so I think we know the area just as much as they do...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What if its the other way around & the US are instigating this to Test Kim Jong Un?? From where im sitting this all started because of SK provoking the North Last tuesday & in short space of time the US have joined the games

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
lol.. you keep popping up every time I read a NK thread.. you are wrong.. just like three threads ago when people proved you wrong.. sad.. Russian. stuff is old and out dated and theirs is falling apart.. and and NK has world war 2 era subs so yeah.. I think their isn't going to be a trap and a u.s subs have been operation their since before NK had subs so I think we know the area just as much as they do...

You may laugh kiddo, but I don't give a damn about it. Sorry, but maybe I know a lot about these military systems. So I'm not wrong in this. Have you actually served in an Eastern Block military? Do you know what used to be the first question in the air force academy? Can we detect the stealth crafts? And the teacher is used to take a smile and say; yes, but the Americans don't really like to advertise it. I directly wrote old Russian tech, because I know it's old. But I also know it's advantages against the shiny, high tech American systems. Americans are so sure in their high tech, but the problem is, they're actually relying on high tech. If high tech fails, and it's used to fail in many cases, they lost. Plus present tech is good against present tech, but the manufacturers are rarely preparing their newest technology against 30 or 40 years old technologies, which is a problem as, if they're working properly, they're capable to take out any high tech stuff.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
What if its the other way around & the US are instigating this to Test Kim Jong Un?? From where im sitting this all started because of SK provoking the North Last tuesday & in short space of time the US have joined the games

Sorry, but the US cancelled training exercises earlier this year due to not want to provide uneasiness to the Korean Penisula/China.

These exercises were already scheduled prior to the provoking of SK to NK or vice-versa...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
requested info by IDK

Earlier, South Korea and the US began their exercises off Korea's coast.

Pyongyang has condemned the live bombing and firing drill - which is set to last four days - as a provocation.

source

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

So its just a coincidence that SK decided to do some tests in the highly disputed region in a very provocative manner a few days before the US arrived,

edit on 27-11-2010 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137

You may laugh kiddo, but I don't give a damn about it. Sorry, but maybe I know a lot about these military systems. So I'm not wrong in this. Have you actually served in an Eastern Block military? Do you know what used to be the first question in the air force academy? Can we detect the stealth crafts? And the teacher is used to take a smile and say; yes, but the Americans don't really like to advertise it. I directly wrote old Russian tech, because I know it's old. But I also know it's advantages against the shiny, high tech American systems. Americans are so sure in their high tech, but the problem is, they're actually relying on high tech. If high tech fails, and it's used to be fail in many cases, they lost.

Really----you know alot.

I am sorry but from your last post anyone with half a brain can see you know nothing. The submarine comment was almost retarded it was so off.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Thats your back up? Personal experiences that aren't even necesarily true?

I'll have you know I served as a fighter pilot in the U.S. millitary for 9 years, and i've talked to people in the Russian millitary, and they say their stuff can't touch ours, they say our shiny new equipment is just to high tech for them to keep up with.

o wait all of that is a lie because I can literaly type Anyting, Anyone can say they've done anything on the internet. So ya thats a weak souce.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Well, it's not my problem that you're not believe me. I told you what I know and what I learned. If you want to live in an illusion world, go ahead. It's not my problem. But if you ask any Eastern European ex-military or Russian about the high tech American stuffs, they're just smiling at it. You know, few things doesn't have to be confortable and so shiny to make it to a proper weapon. American weapons = elegant and shiny, Russian weapons = ugly, but very trustworthy.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
LOL. My guess is you are less than 20.

Well, it's not my problem that you're not believe me. I told you what I know and what I learned. If you want to live in an illusion world, go ahead. It's not my problem. But if you ask any Eastern European ex-military or Russian about the high tech American stuffs, they're just smiling at it. You know, few things doesn't have to be confortable and so shiny to make it to a proper weapon. American weapons = elegant and shiny, Russian weapons = ugly, but very trustworthy.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Ahem. And I was trained to be a Mig pilot (Mig-29 Fulcrum). So your personal experience against my one. That's a good one. Yet, we was capable to take down all the U.S. jets in wargames when they were here, beated them to 9 to 1 with old rusty Mig-29s. Oh, wait. That's not possible, because it wasn't advertised. Heck, not my problem again.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
reply to post by sonjah1

So its just a coincidence that SK decided to do some tests in the highly disputed region in a very provocative manner a few days before the US arrived,

No, I'm not saying that.

I'm just saying that the US-SK military exercises were planned/publicized in advance of SK/NK incidents earlier this week.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LOL. My guess is you are less than 20.

I wish ATS would screen for intelligence before handing out memberships.
It is like playing cards with my sisters kids.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I wish ATS would screen for intelligence before handing out memberships.
It is like playing cards with my sisters kids.

You know laughing at someone who is sharing personal experience... well, that's telling everything about your intelligence. So before you're starting to play with me, go into the sandbox and grow up for an adult conversation. Oh, and by the way, I'm 30+. So stand down kiddo. The world is not working on the way as you imagine. You just maybe not heard about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I love posters like you.

Do you actual believe that North KOrea and China is the only country that knows the Yellow Sea inside and out? Your delusional at best! The U.S. knows those waters just as well if not better than NK and China and we should considering the amount of money we have spent to map every crevice of every ocean on this planet. not to mention the countless days that the U.S. Subs have spent in the Yellow see watching both CHina and NK. Trust me they know which ship is in the Yellow Sea and which ship is not and they know exactly where those ships are in real time.

The American tech was kicked out by "cavemen" in Afghanistan and Iraq? really? thats Funny because the last time i looked we weren't using all of or good toys on those "cavemen" I mean why would we waste the good stuff on tents and caves that are empty? When the gold old fashioned 500 lb bombs that are left overs from WWII work just fine. BUt then again your response is typical from someone that really has no clue what toys we have. Or better yet what the U.S. military can do when they aren't fighting wars with their hands tied behind their back! And trust me NO ONE has seen what the U.S. military is truly capiable of since WWII.

And yes it was very well publisized in the U.S. that Russian radar was able to track the F117's and someone was actually lucky enough to shot 1 down. 1 out of how many? everyone gets lucky atleast once. but just because you got lucky once doesn't mean you will get lucky a second time.

And the B-2's have been flying for how long? and isn't it funny that since Russian radar can track stealth that not one B2 has been shot down. not 1. sure a couple have crashed but 1 has never been shot down. And did you stop and think for just one second that maybe We wanted people to believe the old russian radars could actually track our planes. after all the older radar systems are the easiest to fool.

Bottom line is don't believe so much in what you read or are told because 99% of the time what you read and what your told is the farthest from the truth!

And to be completely honest with you yes i said Los Angeles class subs. but there very well could be seawolf class subs or the new Virginia Class subs. which are far more advanced than the LA Class.

But put all that aside for now. nothing is going to happen during these exercises other than everyone on here getting their hopes up for a war thats not going to happen yet. NK and China doing the usual pissing, moaning and making threats, and the U.S. and SK continuing to do their war games in international and SK territorial waters. and in 4 days when the exercises are over China will settle down, Kim Jong Il will go back under his rock some new sactions will be passed by the UNSC against NK because of the new nuke facility and everyone will go back to their every day mondane lives and a few weeks from now everyone will forget about this latest temper tantrum by NK.

ps.
Now i know where you get all your info. See the propaganda works on both sides of the old red curtain. you were told what the state wanted you to hear just as we were told what the state wanted us to know on our side of the Curtain. But the funny thing is most people realized it was just state propaganda from both sides and realized the truth was in the middle when it came to U.S. VS Russian tech.

And you seriously believe that new tech is somehow inferior to old tech?
please i give you that old tech was designed to do more with less but in a fight with old tech vs new tech the new tech will win hands down! why? because it was built to use its strengths against the old techs weakness.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You more or less accuse anyone who doesnt agree with your every word of living in a fantasy. Thats not a great argument for your telling the truth.

I personally dont underestimate the Russians, or the chinese at all. But insulting someone because they disagree with you makes you look defensive, which generally means you are lying.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Yes I know that to be true. im just saying this whole situation needs to be evaluated away from what the MSM feed us.

Here's how I see it & of course I may be wrong.

1) Kim Jong Un is ushered into power
2) US & SK agree to joint testing in a highly disputed area
3) SK test some weapons in the waters close to NK Border & in the Waters that NK & SK Claim to be theirs, We see with our own eyes the NK retilate by hitting targets on the Island, Were do SK hit when they fired back??
4) US & SK Joint exercise just happens to be a few days away

Its all a little to much of a coincidence for my liking & we are only being told what the west wants to share

To me it's been looking more & more like someone has been wanting to back the NK into a corner & this is what we are seeing.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

weak, Ya okay back in the Korean war I used to take down migs like it was no problem, I used to take them down left and right!

o wait, I never served in the Korean war because i'm 16!

but I can type that I did easy

Quit backing up what you say with persenal expieriences!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

You know I love arm chair generals who never served in the military or if they dead, they never left the homeland at all or never, ever met with the tech of the other side. You know I sat in F15, I also sat in Mig29 and I'm still preferring the Mig29. Why? Because maybe it's ugly inside, but I don't have to care with the shiny carpet of the seat when I get into it. It's a rusty, trustworthy little birdy, while the F15 is an elegant, graceful bird, but if there is a scratch on it, there is some doubts it will be capable to fly again.

Americans never learn, just when someone is kicking them into the ass. Well. I tried to make an adult conversation, but it never was possible with arrogant Americans. As again, it's not my problem.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Same goes for the other side. I shared a personal experience and all I got is mocking because it didn't fit into the great American dream. Sorry, but as none of you ever left the home continent, I must tell you there is a world outside the U.S. and regardless what you hear, it's maybe not true and people outside knows few things on another way.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join