It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea’s Military Strength. No Pushovers!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

The US will not win a "war" until their government treats a war as a WAR!

That is the damn truth ROE sucks

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
The US will not win a "war" until their government treats a war as a WAR!

Sending troops into combat to be police, protectors, etc, is assinine.

The US military machine is designed with one purpose (as is any real military).

Punish your enemies. Obliterate them, use every and any advantage you have to win.

As soon as politicians hamstring the military (Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc,) the war is lost before it starts.

I say this knowing that I would hate the day the US military is given free reign in a combat zone.

Would redefine "shock and awe".

Again, why all the talk about US this and US that??
It's NK V's SK..If the US butts in they may have trouble with China..Then it's a different ball game..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The problem is North Korea has nukes, South Korea does not. Although, I think the South could easily build them because they are much more technologically advanced. I don't think the South really wants war, the country has been thriving in the past few decades and don't really have anything to gain from an all out war with North Korea. The North on the other hand wants war really bad because that is the only thing they have going for them, but there is no way they can win. China cannot back them and stay in good standing with the rest of the world if the North starts the fight. North Korea will then end up getting boxed in even more and will be forced to use nukes which will destroy a lot of the South until the U.S. decides to vaporize them.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

As long as US troops are stationed at the DMZ, any attack, started by either North or South Korea, will involve the US.

There is no way around that right now.

The US is not going to stand around and get shelled. They will respond.

If the South attacks the North (without provacation) it would probably spell the end of US protection, trade, etc. This would be a major disaster for the South, so highly unlikely.

If the North attacks the South, there is no real way to attack without attacking the US. There is too much integration along the DMZ. This would spell disaster for the North.

As much as I dislike American "world police" policies, I do understand and see the need in this case. Just by being present they have been an effective deterrent to war between these two countries.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
To anyone that thinks this would be easy.

Iraq was supposed to be a cake walk, but it wasn't

Actually, the destruction of the Iraqi Army was a cake walk. It was the insurgency that came after that's a pain in the ass.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
Underestimating a Mig is used to be the last mistakes in a pilot's life.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

And? It's not the equipment, it's the pilot. How much training does the NK pilots get? Probably not as much as US pilots.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Actually, the destruction of the Iraqi Army was a cake walk. It was the insurgency that came after that's a pain in the ass.

It takes time to establish normalcy after a country has been at war. I think it took somthing like nine years for germany to hold elections following their defeat.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Originally posted by jerico65

It takes time to establish normalcy after a country has been at war. I think it took somthing like nine years for germany to hold elections following their defeat.

Agreed. Too bad most posters on ATS don't seem to catch on to that little fact.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
North Korea is maybe has the 20th best military in the world. South Korea has the 12th (Israel is 11th) and by the way the North Koreans are 1 behind the much vaunted Mexican Military!

Global Military Rankings

Top Five

USA
China
Russia
India
UK

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Those are certainly capable aircraft, provided they have been maintained and are flown by trained pilots. While our stealth planes may be detectible by radar to some degree, you're talking about almost 30 year old technology! The B2 was rolled out in what, 1989? I'd imagine development work started closee to a decade earlier. I'd be surprised if electronic jamming on our part wouldn't flip the balance back to our side.

It's real easy for us to sit here and theorize about how our militaries would compare, but there's the uncertainly factor on both sides. We don't know if NK has any obtained any new high tech toys from China, and we don't know what black equipment the US may have developed in the last 10 or 15 years.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A really good placed nuke would push them over nice and easy boys nice and easy.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
the us can't fight a war on 3 fronts. if the dprk did attack s.korea and the u.s. became involved, wouldn't the united states be in a world war. fighting 3 nations simultaneously.

if iran was also attacked by israel unilaterally without u.s. knowledge that would be 4 nations that the u.s. would be at war with.

and they still can't find osama.

the enemies of the u.s might see this as an opportunity to further their own domestic agenda's while the u.s. is occupied and in the case of china, might try to recapture tibet and hong kong. russia might to try to settle scores in chechnya.

all this pressure is building up and we are gradually on course for world war 3. i bet if any old-timers that lived thru world war 1 and world war 2 were senile enough to notice any similarities they would agree.

edit on 27-11-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
wow... lol.. so a mig 29 can take an F-22.. which is capable of taking out a mig-29 at 150 miles away.. before it even appears on their radar.. do you understand. this? NK doesn't have half the assets that the united states does.. old russian crap that wouldn't have lasted in a real fight back during the cold war isn't going to help NK now lol.. I don't see many problems rolling them.. and if they want to hid in bunkers let them.. we have JDAMS as well as bunker busters.. take a good look at kia airport. and you will see what a bunker buster can do lol.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A 2-year old with a loaded gun isn't a pushover either; yet, they only create a minimal threat. NK's weaponry is outdated, just like their ideologies. Certainly they are desperate and they can cause some havoc, but the end result is the same....massive failure.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
don't forget the tunnel system. North korea knows how it worked in vietnam.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well the exercises have begun, and NK has just deployed surface-to-air missles along there coast. This time will definitely be the real deal folks.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I haven't read the whole thread. However, I will tell you why I don't believe we could beat NK. We don't have the dedication or the warriors. Most of the commanding officers in the pentagon are politicians in a soldier's uniform. We don't have men like Patton anymore.

Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Could you imagine a modern general saying that on CSPAN while defending his latest plan to win the war? There isn't anybody left out there with the guts to say stuff like that in public. If they do they aren't allowed to rise to the top.

I am not for war with anyone unless it is a matter of defense and absolutely necessary. People here have read my posts about violence and know where I stand. However, if we go to war we need warriors and not politicians fighting a war. Only a man that thinks things like,

"Sure, we want to go home. We want this war over with. The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we can go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper hanging son-of-a-***** Hitler. Just like I'd shoot a snake!"

or

I don't want to get any messages saying, "I am holding my position." We are not holding a Godd***ed thing. Let the Germans do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy's balls. We are going to twist his balls and kick the living s*** out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy. We are going to go through him like crap through a goose; like s*** through a tin horn!

We as a country don't have the guts for that type of thinking or fighting. The North Koreans do. They have a belief and conviction that they are willing to die for. Americans have Wal Mart and XBox. We worry about whether we are hurting people's feelings and if we are being sensitive enough to the enemy.

We don't have the stomach to stand toe to toe with the North Koreans. We also don't have the fear of failure. If they fail they die. They will be treated worse than a POW. Our soldiers have no fear of failure. We as citizens have no fear of failure.

If we don't win there will still be sunshine and Coca - Cola. If they fail the world as they have known it for over 40 years comes to an end. They are fighting against the Satan that wants to bring them Armagedon and destroy their world. That tends to motivate people.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
Well the exercises have begun, and NK has just deployed surface-to-air missles along there coast. This time will definitely be the real deal folks.

Watch for NK to "punt" a nuke.....and it lands upon their own launch pad....who will be guilty of this atrocity? NK, SK, the US....or some other entity...
edit on 27-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Either way this is going to ramp up, and real damn fast. I don't think there is any turning back now. Everyone is trying to find a peaceful end to this
is what the MSM is reporting. Whatever! Every major player in this is wringing their hands hoping this whole thing takes off big time. They may just get their wish this time.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
reply to post by Aggie Man

Either way this is going to ramp up, and real damn fast. I don't think there is any turning back now. Everyone is trying to find a peaceful end to this
is what the MSM is reporting. Whatever! Every major player in this is wringing their hands hoping this whole thing takes off big time. They may just get their wish this time.

Solution (edit....not solution; rather, most likely outcome): KJ ill is already dead....NK is in a defensive stance....USA won't back down...suddnly KJ ill, Jr.avoids war...then he is the "savior".....no shots fired (mostly) and now (in the eyes of the NK slaves) he is the undivided leader. Theatrics anyone?
edit on 27-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join