It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea’s Military Strength. No Pushovers!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
You are comparing Apples to Oranges. Very nicely organized post though, seriously!

The United States can bury North Korea. It is not a matter of NK's Military strength preventing an attack on them, it is politics! We all know that if we smash NK like the little turd that they are we risk further damaging relations with China. The only way we can justify, in China's eye, smashing NK is by them attacking first; attacking the South.

So yes, in short without getting in depth, North Korea ARE a bunch of push overs. There military is a bunch of antiquated military left overs from China and Russia. We are at least 3-5 generations AHEAD of this murderous regime.

(I'm not too sure why this always turns into a "America is the agressor maaaan! They spread hate all over the World." Let's just remember what happens in NK before defending a HORRIBLE MURDEROUS REGIME...)

Would you like me to make a similar thread about the United States not being pushovers. I can assert that NO COUNTRY on the planet can match up to us.
(Yes, I am a "America is the Greatest crowd!" You know why? Because they are... USA! USA! USA!)
edit on 27-11-2010 by NeverApologize because: Addition

Hit NK and you _are_ hitting China...and given their non agression treaty, Russia as well.
The development of the nation-state of NK was the only way China could build up its military and WMD arsenal without rousing the angst of the UN and US/UK/NATO.

Men who cant eat, dont have the strength to shoot....and these troops..are eating well.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
hopefully they don't challenge us to some sort of parade contest, because if they do we're all screwed. no one puts on a parade like the dprk. however, if we have to fight them conventionally i think we can handle it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

USA Faces Surprise Attack With Canal Giveaway: Analyist
with Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
by Nelson Chung, Global Security, November 17, 1999

Washington, Nov. 17: The United States faces the possibility of a nuclear "Pearl Harbor" after President Bill Clinton okayed the ceding of US control over the Panama Canal and with seemingly growing Chinese influence there, warned Thomas H. Moorer, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on Wednesday.

Pointing to the fact that Panama has signed a 50-year lease for two ports at each end of the Canal with Hong Kong's Hutchison Whampoa company, run by Li Ka-shing, who is closely associated with the Beijing regime, Moore said this "gives China's Communist Party de facto control over the most strategic waterway in the West."

Moorer, illustrating a scenario where the US Navy is blocked from moving through the Panama Canal and Communist Chinese missiles and J-11 attack jets are poised to launch from Panama, said that Beijing could intimidate the US into surrendering Taiwan, Panama and other strategic concerns without a shot being fired.
www.orwelltoday.com...

This talk of weapons is of very low priority according to the experts no?
I'm sure that is what Thomas H. Moorer, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, meant by
"WITHOUT A SHOT BEING FIRED"
So much for all the macho posturing

The Chinese, or even the NK, may have noticed that if Mexican gangs gan kick US butt at will, they probably can too
They just ship the business end of a couple ICBMs into the US in containers marked WALMART.

for sure if US presidents are for sale, I'm sure there are shipping security people who are too
edit on 28-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2010 by Danbones because: to add smiley

edit on 28-11-2010 by Danbones because: spelliing

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Answer: 22,000 fighter Jets, remember Bosnia, they will be bombed into the stone age, tunnels or no tunnels.

Infrstructure doesn't stop attacks . . . just ask the French about the effectiveness of the Maginot Line . . . it sure didn't slow the Germans!

edit on 11/28/10 by mel1962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
thought I would add this lil video clip
to the mix. These are NK Commandos
Training. Similar to our Special Forces
and SEALS. It is estimated that between
70-100,000 of these men and women
among 26 Brigades are some of the best
physically fit soldiers on the planet.

North Korea has long maintained elite commando forces, troops who were carefully selected, then paid, housed and fed better, and given access to better equipment. About 15 percent of the 1.2 million military personnel are in these elite units. Most of them are similar to U.S. rangers, marines, paratroopers or special reconnaissance troops (U.S. Marine Force Recon and army LURPS)

www.strategypage.com...
edit on 11/28/2010 by boondock-saint because: added url

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

China and Russia can both hit the mainland of the U.S.. Does that mean we should be intervening in their backyard conflicts? A lot of countries can defend for themselves. Government officials who dictate our foreign policy strategy are always giving us scenarios of "what ifs". There are too many checks and balances with U.S., China and Russia in the equation. These checks and balances cause a volatile situation for the entire world. It's like two neighbors getting into a fight and friends of the two neighbors come all the way from across town to join in on the fight. Its like gang warfare! It creates a powder keg and before you know it more friends and neighbors join in on the fight. We've been taught as children to mind our own business and try to get along with each other. Yet our governments still act like children. Some people here may be thinking that's too simple of a scenario, but if you think about it, is it really? If countries would start talking more with their enemies and set their differences aside, I really believe their would be much less conflicts in the world today. If stronger countries can stop taking sides and act more like conflict arbitrators maybe countries in this world could live more in peace with one another. Leaders of this world need to gather together like a family world picnic once a year and shed their political differences over a few beers and friendly conversations (casual dress required). How many times have you judged a person before really getting to know him or her. Once you spend some time with them you find out their not much different than you.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Little toy soldiers do not bode well against bombs. Sorry, no real threat here. Take a look at their guns and armor. Numbers do not mean much.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It's not the military I'm worried about. I'm more concerned about the million plus loyal brainwashed citizens of Kim Jong Il. These people worship him on a daily basis. They do not understand that the man is flawed....they would die for him...

But do not be mistaken as they are not our enemies, they are victims of a horrible dictator.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
I don't believe NK even has nuclear weapons. Just more BS spewed by their leaders all these years.

According to Jane's Defence Weekly, reports indicate that the 2006 test was a fission device with a yield of 0.55 kT. The figure of 0.55 kT, however, seems too low given the 4.2 registered on the Richter scale. This could suggest — depending upon the geological make-up of the test site — a yield of 2–12 kT.

Then in April 2009, reports surfaced that North Korea has become a "fully fledged nuclear power", an opinion shared by IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei. On May 25, 2009, North Korea conducted another nuclear test, which is believed to have been the cause of a magnitude 4.7 seismic event. The test was conducted in the north-eastern region near Kilju, the site of North Korea's first nuclear test.

So it's not just all BS. However, mating a nuclear device with a delivery platform is not easy. But according to unconfirmed reports they have been successful and have now a system that's 'fully ops'.

I don't believe much the UN puts out at all and believe nothing NK puts out. They are bluffing about nukes like they do about everything else.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc858
Hello,

I have to agree with some Korean Vets I talked with years ago.....They told me of stories about coming into contact with "North Korean" forces that were actually Chinese....... they found this out after many battles, and inspecting the enemy soldiers.

Many times, the U.S. troops were in a position that was totally defensible, but the "North Koreans" just kept coming over the hill. "As if there was a gun on the other side if they didn't"

US troops (The guys I was talking to) had to piss on barrels to keep them cool because they are shooting so much at these crazies just running over the hill into an impenetrable defense..

I never knew much about the Korean war, but after talking with these guys I realized
it was a horrible situation, much worse than what was told through the media. And alot of the trouble was up to the "Puppet Master" of the north.

These guys went through some REALLY, REALLY tough stuff.

I'm just worried that the Chinese would be up to the same tricks as years ago and funnel their own "dispensable" people "Over the Hill". Plus all the politics involved in that.

Are there any Korean Vets that can confirm this?

edit on 28-11-2010 by usmc858 because: (no reason given)

Ditto that. Older friend of mine has some Korean war buddies and they told him the same thing. Human waves would come most of em not even armed to deplete the ammo and then the troops with weapons next. Is this why they are calling back their rent-a-slaves from Russia?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Well if NK plans to bang nails through enemy soldiers with their heads or bust big blocks with sledge hammers I guess we should worry.

What many are forgetting is we will not be on the ground the SK army will. Of course there will be some US troops there. We will provide the shock and awe air support destroying what communications and infrastructure there is and our A10's will have a field day wiping the countryside clean of any armoured vehicles who dare to pop their heads out. Then off to their tunnels and let the SK mop up.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Sentinel412

Did you really just compare, ANY FIGHTER AIRCRAFT, to the F-22? I spit out a little bit of my morning coffee when I read that line!

The MIG's are using Vacuum tubes while we have been using microchips for decades. The F-22 can not be detected, let alone taken on by a MIG! Do you realize we have 23 (disclosed to the public) F-22 on the Korean Peninsula? Oh and lets not forget about our Airbases in Guam, Japan, and the Midlands, to name a few. There are an additional 24 F-22's in Japan. I have also failed to list the other aircraft that we have in the area! (F-15k's, F-15E's, F-16's, ETC!!!)

Let's not forget that the United States Air Force is some of the best trained pilots IN THE WORLD. If not the best... Maybe second the Israel.

Stop pretending in your mind that a pest like NK is remotely able to withstand a full on ass kickin by the United States Military. It is just not true...

Not to mention that myself and demiroyal are both in the Navy. Realize that there are also Air Craft Carriers floating around in the ocean right now that can launch well over 75 f-18 hornets and super hornets on top of that Early Warning Detection e-2c's and eb-a6's.

Hoo Ya Navy!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

And when Russia comes to back both its allies....

edit on 28-11-2010 by beholdblight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You are comparing Apples to Oranges. Very nicely organized post though, seriously!

Would you like me to make a similar thread about the United States not being pushovers. I can assert that NO COUNTRY on the planet can match up to us.
(Yes, I am a "America is the Greatest crowd!" You know why? Because they are... USA! USA! USA!)
edit on 27-11-2010 by NeverApologize because: Addition

Yes please I would like you to make the thread, seriously.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Its all about China.

If there is a Korean war restart some americans will die and an enormous amount of Koreans. Given the relative strengths i'd expect it to play out much like the first time round.

Seoul would be gone to rubble shortly after hostilities commence. The north would overrun the border by weight of arms until the effects of USA airpower degrade the NK logistics train and c&c to the point where the NK lose cohesion. (The North Korean airforce would be rolled over very quickly. They would die without seeing the enemy for the most part. They are no match for the SK airforce never mind the USAF).

The SK would then push them back into NK.

At that point the Chinese have to decide whether to save their client like they did before or seal the border and let it fall. Thats the real point of danger for the wider world. If both sides miscalculate US vs China could occur. Or the regime could go nuclear in its death spasms.
edit on 27-11-2010 by justwokeup because: verbosity

You hit the nail on the head!

Allied forces would eventually push back and win. . . AT AN ENORMOUS COST to civilians and military assets.

The decision not to punish N. Korea militarily is entirely political (and humanitarian). Warmongers seriously need to go back to playing their video games.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Hint: No one can win a war from the air.

heh, my friend, i'm mostly agreed with you, but this remark is perfectly wrong: if you cannot close Air of defending territory, you're lost war because entire infrastructure will be destroyed by A2S systems w/\o mercy. let's take Vietnam for example: if russian AA's were not there, pentagon only would burn whole territory out, Just pure carnage.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Did you really just compare, ANY FIGHTER AIRCRAFT, to the F-22? I spit out a little bit of my morning coffee when I read that line!

The MIG's are using Vacuum tubes while we have been using microchips for decades. The F-22 can not be detected, let alone taken on by a MIG! Do you realize we have 23 (disclosed to the public) F-22 on the Korean Peninsula? Oh and lets not forget about our Airbases in Guam, Japan, and the Midlands, to name a few. There are an additional 24 F-22's in Japan. I have also failed to list the other aircraft that we have in the area! (F-15k's, F-15E's, F-16's, ETC!!!)

Let's not forget that the United States Air Force is some of the best trained pilots IN THE WORLD. If not the best... Maybe second the Israel.

Stop pretending in your mind that a pest like NK is remotely able to withstand a full on ass kickin by the United States Military. It is just not true...

OPSEC, OPSEC, OPSEC!

Dude, I don't know where or how you got your information, but please remember your spitting out sensitive information over a public website if your numbers of aircraft are accurate. Give me a break!

The whole, "Hey look at what I know/look how cool I am" is not cool at all in this situation.

Try "Humble" on for size, or better yet, "The quiet professional"

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Deny Ignorance ...

and why does the MIGs of the 60s 70s have Vacuum Tubes ! ?

When that F-22 in the Air Drops Like a Stone Because of a Electric Magnetic Pulse that has fried those Microchips! When a Nuclear blast hits !

Western intelligence and the MiG-25
en.wikipedia.org...-25

The majority of the on-board avionics were based on vacuum-tube technology, not solid-state electronics. Although they represented aging technology, vacuum tubes were actually more tolerant of temperature extremes, thereby removing the need for providing complex environmental controls inside the avionics bays. In addition, the vacuum tubes were easy to replace in remote northern airfields where sophisticated transistor parts might not have been readily available. Thanks to the use of vacuum tubes, the MiG-25P's original Smerch-A (Tornado, NATO reporting name "Foxfire") radar had enormous power — about 600 kilowatts. As with most Soviet aircraft, the MiG-25 was designed to be as rugged as possible. Moreover, the use of vacuum tubes makes the aircraft's systems more resistant to an electromagnetic pulse, for example after a nuclear blast.[16]

edit on 28-11-2010 by Wolfenz because: missing link

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

In regards to pilot training/ skill;

Royal Air Force > Israeli Air Force > United States Air Force

Regards, Skellon.

edit on 28-11-2010 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
First of all whoever is underestimating the Mig25s and Mig29s, that one is in great mistake. Even those crafts are old, they're capable to give a serious blow to the U.S. Air Force. I know the Mig29s very well and trust me, they can give a great surprise to the U.S. Air Force. Those crafts are old, but they're damned trustworthy and the Fulcrums are capable to take down even the 5th generation fighters. And as NK has Russian technology and air defense, the U.S. stealth system worth nothing as the older Russian radar tech is capable to detect stealth crafts (It's not really advertised in the U.S., but it's a well known fact in those countries whose have or ever had Russian technology in air defense.).

And second, some of you says here no one can stand up against the mighty U.S. force. Now, here is a reminder: The U.S. just suffered two serious defeat in Afghanistan and Iraq from "Cavemen" with less advanced army. So please don't eleveate the U.S. forces to the heaven, because regardless they have the technological advantage, somehow they're still being defeated by low tech enemies.

Hint: No one can win a war from the air.

I'm not defending the NK, because personally I'd like to see the people of NK being liberated from Commie rule, but whoever says the U.S. is capable to defeat a country alone, especially NK which has a very large army, that one lives in an illusion.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

First off it's not a full blown out war, and if it were then it would not even be like that. Just like vietnam, they didn't want US to win the war, theres no money in it. We were acting ONLY as police there also, if it was a full blown war we would have won taht war also. TPTB dont give a # what others think. They just want to prolong it as much as possible to make as much as possible! Geneva convention codes is whats holding us back, unleash the dogs and then make your statement about the USA!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join