It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks (was) down

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Certainly, when I joined I understood the risk to my life, I was perfectly willing to die for my country. Not until I joined did I become interested in the who, what, where, when, and why. Once I got informed, it all became clear that I shouldn't be fighting anyone overseas, I should be fighting my domestic government! I became completely disenfranchised with the country and the direction it was going in.

I firmly believe that American service members are the greatest Americans, because they are willing to give their life to preserve the liberties we have been given. I think it's a gross injustice to send them to fight and die in faraway places for half-truths and blatant lies. It honestly disgusts me that our elected representatives can send them anywhere to fight over anything less than a war that is absolutely necessary.

Iraq and even Afghanistan do not qualify, because it was our own reckless foreign policy which blew up in our faces. Our country needs a drastic change, and that's why a lot of us "lowly" government servants who took an oath to defend the constitution from all enemies are getting pretty up in arms. We follow it to a t, and our leaders, in the real positions of power, simply shrug it off at every opportunity.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mw451

Originally posted by zerohaze

Wikileaks is down

www.news.com.au

AUSTRALIAN officials are bracing for a massive leak of classified US State Department cables.

These cables could include embarrassing disclosures about Canberra's secret diplomacy on controversial issues, such as the war in Iraq, The Australian reports.

The Gillard government was one of several foreign governments put on notice about the leaks, expected to be released within days by whistleblower group WikiLeaks.

So seriously is the issue being taken that several sources told The Australian it was raised during a phone call yesterday morning between Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd and US
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26-11-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

Yanno, Jullian Assange dewserves it. He has Leaked info that is now Killing Troops from all Countries. He is being convicted of Rape. He is Scum. His Own "Group" has Difected him. WHAT does THAT tell YOU?

When his Own People Difect, to start a New sit, (which I anticipate will be more like Cryptome) ThHAT SAYS ALOT!!!

WikiLeaks is NOT Freedom Of Info, It's Stealing info, and putting people at risk. They "Claim" that all this info was sent to them... Do you think that NO Government, especially the US, wouldn't see such huge files being transferred?

I work for a company that has a very Important link to the network that this info "Was supposedly" transferred over", and there is no trace of it. Jullian Assange STOLE IT thru Hacking. Now his Minions are running away as fast as they can to distance themselves from his un-ethical behaviour and his Rape Charges. And for the 100's of Lives Lost since he posted info as to where OUR, and OUR ALLIES Troops were when attacked.

He should be held, and after his Rape conviction, Be charge with Espionage against the World, Insiting Violence, Giving Classified Info to Foreign Enemies, and above all, Helping to Destrupt and Destroy God's Good Earth.

Let me get my hand's on him. As would any American, let them get him. he is like his name, an "Ass".

I do Apologize for my Rant here, but I lost a friend because of the locations Jullian Assange posted, and now he is yet again charged with Rape... Do You Trust him In Your Home? Do You?

I again Apologize... But this "man" is a little kid. A Weasel, who called out to get attention and he did, for Rape.

I say take the Site down.

Peace!

I'd like to say I sympathize.

But don't make accusations without substance. I think you raped the girls and blamed it on Julian, considering you are already associated with the government and are a peripheral victim of the war, I could see you would have a personal vendetta against Julian, so I can safely say you are setting him up. No? I know.

Your friend died in a war that should not be happening right now in the first place. This war is not the problem, nor is Julian.

Until you get to the root cause for your friends death, nothing will ever change, and many others will die like him. WikiLeaks is offering us a chance at getting down past the dirt and directly to the root. Your friend should never have been wherever he was killed. He should not have been there full stop. He was not there because of Julian. He was there because of your government. Your government sent him there for their own interests. Their own interest is not our interest. They lied in order to make it our interest. WL is exposing those lies so that we don't continue on this path laid with bricks of deceit cemented with blood. He would not have had to steal the truth if the government had not been hiding it. Choose the lesser of the evil. Which does more harm than good? Killing off Julian and his entourage to continue the secrecy and the lies which in turn result in prolonged war, or stealing the truth, revealing the truth, and ending the war? If there were total transparency in ALL governments, there would never be war. It's time we start seeing through our government. Sorry about your friend, really, but your energy is directed at the wrong people here..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mw451

Yanno, Jullian Assange dewserves it. He has Leaked info that is now Killing Troops from all Countries. He is being convicted of Rape. He is Scum. His Own "Group" has Difected him. WHAT does THAT tell YOU?

BS, you need a lesson on this sites motto dude before you start ranting. His info hasn't killed anyone despite what the medias like to shout. He isn't being convicted of rape. He is accused and the accusation itself is suspect. He is not scum. Source for his own "group" claim also. You should take into account that Julian is not Wikileaks. He is just one face. Wikileaks is hundreds of individuals who are nothing short of heroes in this world of disinfo and propaganda.

When his Own People Difect, to start a New sit, (which I anticipate will be more like Cryptome) ThHAT SAYS ALOT!!!

There is a need for more such efforts than wikileaks. It's no surprise that some people would wan't to take their experience and make some good come out of it. We can never have too much whistleblower protection.

WikiLeaks is NOT Freedom Of Info, It's Stealing info, and putting people at risk. They "Claim" that all this info was sent to them... Do you think that NO Government, especially the US, wouldn't see such huge files being transferred?

This is just pure speculation. If they in wikileaks would be behind the "theft" wouldn't the government still see those files transferred? Logic fail.

I work for a company that has a very Important link to the network that this info "Was supposedly" transferred over", and there is no trace of it. Jullian Assange STOLE IT thru Hacking. Now his Minions are running away as fast as they can to distance themselves from his un-ethical behaviour and his Rape Charges. And for the 100's of Lives Lost since he posted info as to where OUR, and OUR ALLIES Troops were when attacked.

Now you're just lying and making stuff up. There is no 100's of lives lost because of him.

He should be held, and after his Rape conviction, Be charge with Espionage against the World, Insiting Violence, Giving Classified Info to Foreign Enemies, and above all, Helping to Destrupt and Destroy God's Good Earth.

There won't be any rape conviction, believe me. He doesn't do espionage either. He is a member of the media and what law is there against destrupting and destroying "God's Good Earth" anyway? You're just making stuff up

Let me get my hand's on him. As would any American, let them get him. he is like his name, an "Ass".

??? Lemme get my hands on you...? Yeah that'll show the world.

I do Apologize for my Rant here, but I lost a friend because of the locations Jullian Assange posted, and now he is yet again charged with Rape... Do You Trust him In Your Home? Do You?

Again with the lies. I lost my favourite elf because he saw your post and had an heartattack.

I again Apologize... But this "man" is a little kid. A Weasel, who called out to get attention and he did, for Rape.

I say take the Site down.

Peace!

Again, Julian IS NOT wikileaks. He is just one face. Even if the rape accusations would stick he would still be just one face. Wikileaks is hundreds of people. Should they suffer and go to jail too then?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Friends Wiki leaks just gone online check it out.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
SYDNEY — Australia condemned whistle-blower website WikiLeaks for threatening the "reckless" release of millions of classified American diplomatic cables, saying they could be a national security risk.
A foreign affairs spokesman on Saturday said the government had been briefed by the United States about the latest WikiLeaks deluge, which is expected to involve nearly three million private messages between diplomats.
"The government condemns the forthcoming publication of these leaks," the spokesman said.
"The reckless and large-scale exposure of classified material by WikiLeaks could put at risk individuals named in these documents and harm the national security interests of the United States and its partners."
Washington is bracing for potential embarrassment from the release of the cables, which are expected to cover confidential dealings with countries including Australia, Britain, Canada, Israel, Russia and Turkey.
WikiLeaks has not specified the documents' contents or when they would be put online, but a Pentagon spokesman said officials were expecting a release "late this week or early next week."
The website has said there would be "seven times" as many secret documents as the 400,000 Iraq war logs it published last month.

From AFP 20 minutes ago

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by benoni

I condemn Australian Government for supporting covert actions made by the US government that could risk international security.
edit on 27-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think this will be the best disclosure yet from WL...diplomatic cables? Yummmmmm.
I would put money that we're going to see resignations of senior officials over this one, and evidence of war crimes by body politic the world round.

Hopefully the ICC acts, although I shan't hold my breath.
edit on 27/11/2010 by quietone77 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
twitter.com...

The link is old, but I feel it's pertinent. There is the promise for a "reformation by year's end." I surely hope they deliver, and simply wanted to generate interest and publicity with the pretty widely known issues of Iraq and Afghanistan. I hope these are huge, and brings about the drastic change we need.
edit on 27-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I'm with you on that one mate. I was dubious of WL from the start, but I cant really see an angle that benefits TPTB.

Battlefield reports are one thing, diplomatic cables are another thing entirely...I feel this has real 'change' potential...

I dont really like Assange, but i find it curious this prosecutor decides to proceed right before another leak is announced.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
*edit*

sorry, there's a whole thread about my post content, a thread i hadn't seen, apologies.
edit on 27/11/10 by Niall197 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Trust me GIVE THE PEOPLE the information and i'm sure we could do just as good as any freaking newspaper at pointing out certain things.... Come on now who cares what the stinking old time new paper has to say get real. I'll go through the documents i'm not dumb alot are not i'm sure we could do a better presentation then the stinky newspaper..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by h0rror
*Snip*

Also some info#

edit on 26-11-2010 by h0rror because: (no reason given)

Sweden now also briefed by US Ambassador according to Swedish press and media!

Links, only in Swedish though! lol! sorry! - please use a translation tool.

www.aftonbladet.se...

www.expressen.se...

www.nyhetskanalen.se...

www.skanskan.se...*/usa-kontaktade-sverige-infor-lackor

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Trust me GIVE THE PEOPLE the information and i'm sure we could do just as good as any freaking newspaper at pointing out certain things.... Come on now who cares what the stinking old time new paper has to say get real. I'll go through the documents i'm not dumb alot are not i'm sure we could do a better presentation then the stinky newspaper..

To an extent,yes. That said, I got a taste of reality going through the Iraq war logs. There were only a handful of people really working at getting through those. I didn't even start until days after the release and soared to the top 100, and there were hardly any notations on the files, showing others had read them.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I think everyone is missing something really really big... Maybe this is UFO disclosure and the US is busy prepping the world for war against a violent alien species.
edit on 27-11-2010 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
I think everyone is missing something really really big... Maybe this is UFO disclosure and the US is busy prepping the world for war against a violent alien species.
edit on 27-11-2010 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

Or perhaps more like tall blonde Nordics bent on enlightening the world.

No, I think it is pretty clear that this is the state dept cable release.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Okay, i risk being flamed for this.. but do some of you think that Wikileaks is going TOO FAR?
I mean, perhaps someone did need to wake us up persay, but think of it this way, other nations already hate us. Some of these documents MIGHT give them the excuse they need to do things id rather not say to us.
As much as i support wikileaks, and i think its kinda cool to see some of the things the government hides from us, this might just be the start of World War 3.
Instead of looking for the direct files, I'm simply going to wait and see what happens with this. No matter what happens though, i see a massive revolution happening as a result from this. Hopefully I'm wrong, but seriously I'm a little nervous with all this.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zerohaze

Has anyone ever thought that Wikileaks may be doing more harm than good? Kind of like a rat? I'm all for knowing the truth but as long as it doesn't cause WW3.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
STATE SECRET

If your a company direct and your looking for "competitive advantage", here's a useful tip for you! Ask the British Government, if your business is important to British Economic Interest, if they say yes, you can set up a security leas office and that will give you access to MI6 Britian's Oversea's Intelligence Service, they then will give you their secret confidential report, which in turn will give you information on the security and the political risk's of entering foreign territory. You can use this for your own intel distribution, re-write them but most important, it will give you useful inside information on your competitors.

MI6's UK (Bureaucy Custom's Office), 5m 52sec's www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-11-2010 by DClairvoyant because: Edit to add

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bartibog
reply to post by zerohaze

Has anyone ever thought that Wikileaks may be doing more harm than good? Kind of like a rat? I'm all for knowing the truth but as long as it doesn't cause WW3.

Look up, Mark Thomas - Secret Map Of Britian on "Youtube". He has full information on leak's, and guess who's paying for it, YOU and ME! TAXPAYER'S MONEY and guess what else, this is what the RECESSION IS PAYING FOR. THE INCREASED PAYOUT'S AND CUT'S IS FEEDING, GREEDY CORPORATE HEAD'S.

Here's is where ALL your money is funded???

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
We all need to wake up! We "the people" of the world have been born into mental bondage! We look at these crooks in terms that apply today, but these guys have been our "masters" since the beginning. Each and everything that we ingest from the media is a carefully preplanned move to further herd the flock in a predetermined direction. We have always been looking for a hero to expose their mission, so we gladly accept that Julian is this information Messiah! They are giving us the hero we have always wanted. His story is full of suspense and intrigue. Our poor hero is being accused of rape by TPTB. He struggles everyday to expose them. Holy crap dont you guys see that this is just a little too well written? I think It would make a blockbuster summer movie in 2011! I can hear it now. (in that deep movie narrator voice) This Summer................A world in turmoil..........A government out of control........They say the truth will set us free...........Well truth has a name, and that name Is Julian Assange!........Born out of wedlock and raised in the dark backstreet computer cafe's of cambodia he fights each day for truth and justice, but in a world of espionage this is gonna be one hell of a fight! Julian Assange is.........THE WIKISLAYER!!!!!!
Come the f' on guys. They got away with 9-11, surely they can handle him if they wanted to. Its all slight of hand. Recent news: Missle over California, China/Russia dump dollar, North korea attacks south, and now this. They are 100% setting up a war and we are so busy being confused and misdirected we are letting it happen.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join