It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks (was) down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Wikileaks is down

www.news.com.au

AUSTRALIAN officials are bracing for a massive leak of classified US State Department cables.

These cables could include embarrassing disclosures about Canberra's secret diplomacy on controversial issues, such as the war in Iraq, The Australian reports.

The Gillard government was one of several foreign governments put on notice about the leaks, expected to be released within days by whistleblower group WikiLeaks.

So seriously is the issue being taken that several sources told The Australian it was raised during a phone call yesterday morning between Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd and US
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26-11-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I was just reading an article on news.com.au regarding the classified diplomatic cables that wikileaks is about to release and thought I would check out there site.

Seems to be down, have had no access for at least 15 minutes...

Hmmmm, wonder if it's been filitered, haha.... i'm trying to acess it from Sydney.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Didn't the same thing happen the last time? Just previous to the early release that time, I seem to remember Wikileaks going offline.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
downforeveryoneorjustme.com...

Appears to be down for everyone. Technology is a fickle thing, though ,so it doesn't necessarily mean anything, though, give it time before ringing any alarms.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Weird that it seems to have occurred shortly after their twitter post:

Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" thepiratebay.org...

Also from twitter users are saying that its up in holland, but down in the US, Canada, UK and Aus.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Lol as a Super Mod I thought you were gonna scold him for not having 20 posts.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Confirmed, Wikileaks.org is seriously down

I pinged it from my windows machine in Ireland:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ping __._

Pinging __._ [91.194.60.32] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 80.67.160.45: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 91.194.60.32:
Packets: Sent = 1, Received = 1, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Then logged into my remote UNIX server in Seattle, USA and pinged it from there:

$ ping __._
PING __._ (91.194.60.32): 56 data bytes
36 bytes from cursys-a12-khe-par.gitoyen.net (80.67.160.45): Destination Host Unreachable for icmp_seq=6

Unreachable. Its down.

I have the insurance file, copied and stored on several flash drives. I finished the torrent and deleted it after I got the file, so if someone has the torrent file, then they can upload it again for people to enter the swarm of peers who have it.

I have also checked via TOR (The Onion Router) and its still unreachable. I tried Several servers, including location of Amsterdam and England, still nothing.

The insurance file is still out there in the torrent swarms.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zerohaze

Well the live site is down just like last time but the mirrors still work.

wikileaks.info...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Mirrors going down, probably all of them are getting the plug pulled on them.

www.wikileaks.se... is down too!

So is www.wikileaks.us... !

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 380287296

Varnish cache server

Ok don't panic. www.wikileaks.nl is up and displays this information:

We are sorry,

WikiLeaks is currently underoing scheduled maintenance. We will be back online as soon as possible.
For status updates you can follow our twitter feed.

You can still visit our IRC channel:

* Using the web interface available here
* Using regular IRC client, connect to chat.__._ SSL port 9999

edit on 25/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Of course, it is part of the viral marketing strategy to use the news media to generate interest... FREE advertising.

Like the other releases this will be done (again) to elicit a specific response, and/or to achieve a political objective.

Everything that has been and will be leaked is entirely controlled, planned and coordinated.

Timing is everything!

edit on 25-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
All mirrors that were listed on Wikileaks.info are dead.

The IRC server is also inaccessible.

All of these sites, with different IP addresses, all can't go down for maintenance at once, unless its planned and they got multiple people working on it. Well, all we can do is wait and see if it was regular downtime. No tweets though which is odd, only message regarding the matter is on Wikileaks.nl, and that is not their main site. Errors and messages are usually displayed on the main site and in this case it is not.

EDIT:
They may release the key for the insurance file within the next week or day or so.
When they do, everyone make sure they decrypt it on an offline computer, with the NICs out of their computer and/or disconnect the wires and turn wireless off. Also do it on a test machine if possible incase its something unpleasant. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerohaze
Weird that it seems to have occurred shortly after their twitter post:

Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" thepiratebay.org...

Also from twitter users are saying that its up in holland, but down in the US, Canada, UK and Aus.

does this torrent consist of what is already on wikileaks or is it lacking. is there more? i think this is a very important DL for anyone who is thinking about doing something good for the country in the future if you catch my drift.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
nah, this makes sense and it is probably intentional.

** BEGIN SPECULATION **
Take the network stream offline and sneaker-net the update to each machine so as to avoid any possibility of snoops watching on the lines. The sites will come back up in a couple of hours with the files in place and ready for download.
**END SPECULATION**

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm currently downloading the torrent! No matter what it contains, Wikileaks must be praised for bringing transparency into the realm of international relations.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kimar

So true.

Just curious, but, is that you who posted that comment on TPB going by the name of WvBrsci?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
reply to post by kimar

Just curious, but, is that you who posted that comment on TPB going by the name of WvBrsci?

Nope!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a couple of mirrors bring me to a page saying wikileaks is undergoing scheduled maintenance . maybe the info is being put up and they are trying not to be too public about it so there aren't any government interferences because it will look like the site just got crippled or is being fixed up which is actually just a ruse?
benefit of the doubt for wikileaks.
wishful thinking as well.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
mirror.wikileaks.info... works fine for me....

probably just maintenance?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
oops... double post.. not sure how that happened,
edit on 25-11-2010 by sm0k3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Last time they released a bunch of files the same pattern of "site under maintenance" occurred. I do wonder what else besides Turkey selling weapons to Al-Qaeda are inside these files.

And I wonder why these topics aren't yet getting lots more flags, although they probably will by this time tomorrow.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join