It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
North Korea reportedly warns of more attacks

www.topix.com...

North Korea warned Thursday it would launch more attacks on South Korea if its southern neighbor makes more "reckless military provocations," according to a Reuters report citing North Korean state media.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I tell you what I'm at that point where i think war is imminent.

There is so many strange thing happening right now the mind boggles i hope I'm just been stupid but somethings not right.
Look at this.

India to deploy 36,000 extra troops on Chinese border
India has formed two new army divisions - comprising more than 36,000 men - to defend the north-eastern state of Arunachal Pradesh.

Linkwww.bbc.co.uk...
Did not Obama just visit India.
Now this SK Defence minister resigns
Link www.edmontonjournal.com...
Edit to add another link news.smh.com.au...
Am i just paranoid or is something going down

Seoul is taking steps to strengthen its military preparedness on the island to better respond to additional attacks from Pyongyang, which is suspected to have planned the Yeonpyeong shelling in advance.

Link www.koreaherald.com...
Me thinks they are getting ready and he resigned because of there response so i think we all know what will happen as soon as one side gets the itchy finger.

Thanks

edit on 053030p://2010-11-25T05:46:42-06:002511 by mars1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Scary,since Sokor is really,kinda like part of the U.S. empire.

Incursions into the DMZ have been occurring like forever though.

Reminds me of E.Berlin and W.Berlin.

China is a real danger in this scenario,because China has become so polluted,overpopulated....

....And the "Industrial Powerhouse" of the present day.

The U.S. would do well to quietly leave and not become involved.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by Dachende

That is what raises my eyebrows is all the provocation such as previous shelling, the sinking of the SK warship and many other skirmishes, what grips this one is the damage in a populated civilian area.

edit on 23-11-2010 by YouAreDreaming because: Lame WOW joke.

The submarine story has a lot of holes in it, even with the media hysteric saying it was N.K. Haven't you guys heard about the russian investigation that found that it was probably caused by a mine?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

I agree, ive got a bad feeling about the situation. I think kim jong il's son wants and needs to demonstrate his prowess for a successful leadership transition. He will lead the offense against the south with his father whispering in his ear each step he takes.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I think NK will be used as the trigger India knows something that's why they are bolstering the border is that just a coincidence just after Obama's visit

Then the news the other day.
China, Russia quit dollar LINK www.chinadaily.com.cn...

There is so many things going on at ounce its hard to keep track i just hope it ends up in me been overly paranoid we shall see.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The South Korean Defence Minister resigning is interesting because reportedly it is because of South Korea's response to the shelling.

But really President Lee has the final say on what the South Korean response should be, so the Defence Minister does not choose what the response would be anyway.

So either the Defence Minister has resigned to be a sacrifical political lamb for President Lee to satisfy critics.

Or....the Defence Minister disagreed with the President's reaction to the shelling and resigned.

Or.....the Defence Minister has resigned because he knows something what is about to happen, disagrees with it, and wants no part in it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Hmmm...I am suprised that they would send a carrier alone. Im sure that some support craft are close by just in case.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

A hard line politician will replace him, majority of South Korea want retaliation - including the army. Sunday will be interesting because Kim Jong Il's son is willing to risk war to protect the North Korean regime. And if the South start producing the same thought patterns over sovereignty and independence, well, we can envisage a war.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
America is not going to be directly involved in any attack on North Korean targets, that’s what China is for. I wouldn’t be surprised if China starts to move away from DPRK very quickly and start to cut off their power and food supplies then force DPRK to either bow down and accept Chinese rule or China will attack. With American backing.

Stop believing everything on CNN, nothing on the Korean peninsula is as it seems, it’s all smoke and mirrors with no fire.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

A hard line politician will replace him, majority of South Korea want retaliation - including the army. Sunday will be interesting because Kim Jong Il's son is willing to risk war to protect the North Korean regime. And if the South start producing the same thought patterns over sovereignty and independence, well, we can envisage a war.

Indeed, and that's the concern. The MSM seem overtly concerned about North Korea doing something, which of course is a concern, but I think we should also have concern about South Korea doing something.

All it takes is an itchy trigger finger, or an order from a hothead, or a false move, from either side.

All eyes are on North Korea, but let's keep a look-out for what South Korea are going to do too.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

All it takes is an itchy trigger finger

That's just what i said
nice to see I'm not alone

Thanks

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Having all your eggs in one basket makes it easier to lose the lot!!
So why on earth would you place a good percentage of your ordanance in one place where an EMP for instance renders all your military useless?

Remember this because its going to happen.
Hyping up military is only making an easier target.
Why use endless amounts of weapons where if you are patient you can kill more than one bird with one stone!!!

Start listening and seeing.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
So why on earth would you place a good percentage of your ordanance in one place where an EMP for instance renders all your military useless?

Why use endless amounts of weapons where if you are patient you can kill more than one bird with one stone!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Dang a quintuple post! ^^

Anyway as others have said, this Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are crucial in the short term. If NK does nothing at this time during the drills then we can safely say war is avoided... for now atleast.

However if either NK or, lets be fair here, SK do anything militarily to provoke one another during these drills then a larger conflict is a very real prospect.

IMHO something is going to happen i think. A US carrier just miles from NK/China is going to piss a lot of hard-liners off.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I am very worried from this situation.
In the last Korean War china sent troops to defend North Korea.
If will be war then it will be globally.
Everyone will get the hit.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Atlast, some information about SK's retaliation. Well, this could just be for the purpose of boasting and saving face but...

Marines say counterattack may have inflicted 'severe damage' to N. Korea

YEONPYEONG ISLAND, South Korea, Nov. 25 (Yonhap) -- South Korean marines who returned fire against a deadly artillery attack by North Korea said Thursday their counterattack is believed to have inflicted "severe damage" to the North. Two days after North Korea's attack on the border island of Yeonpyeong in the Yellow Sea, the marines stationed on the island told reporters visiting here that they responded to the bombardment in line with rules of engagement without any muddles, defending criticism that their response was delayed and feeble.

Link

I would love to know more about what SK really did when they returned fire. If it is really true that "severe damage" was done to an NK position then this raises the possibility of more hostilities.
edit on 11/25/2010 by jonny2410 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join