It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by exilim140
Hi all, ive been following this link since it started and have been glued to the news since, its a very Knife Edge situation for both countrys to be in! however i have just joined ATS to post this link to a you-tube video. The gentleman giving the speech is pretty up their beside crazy but it does give food for thought. What say you?

www.youtube.com...

I hate to say this, but stuff like this belongs on godlikeproductions.com and not on this web site.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

Ahh well, i saw the video on you tube and thought hey wonder what they are saying on ATS about all this and thought "i might as well add my 10 cents into the debate as well" if it doesnt belong on the site i applogise as i havent heard of the website you mentioned.

Regards

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by Vitchilo

that is precaution after recent events and upcoming drill in saturday

Yeah... except they NEVER DID THIS EVER.

I remember a few years ago from my pal in SKorea... saying : ``Don't worry unless they start evacuating families.``

Which they are NOW DOING.

This is the FIRST TIME THEY DO THIS.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

My friend in Korea said all is calm. Someone did issue out chem suits, but that was recalled. Nothing about NEO plans to evac civilians.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

My friend in Korea said all is calm. Someone did issue out chem suits, but that was recalled. Nothing about NEO plans to evac civilians.

Well good then.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i think the important question is:

Is N.Korea act on its own will or a greater power is using Kim Jong-il to destibilize the world and creat fear and diversion.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
..and US party leaders have been lying for years about why violence is needed, occupations are ok, torture, kidnapping and kangaroo courts, you name it.. all good.

The US has shelled dozens of towns in Iraq / Afganistan, N Korea is just following the example of the land of the free.. lol.. NK, or any nation, can defend themselves just like the US has as far as I'm concerned.

Lets be thankful N Korea didn't follow the post 9/11 "American way" by kidnapping innocent people or torturing people 183 times until admitting guilt.. before denying the tortured due process & locking them up without trial indefinitely... then lying about reasons to attack & invade 2 nations who were innocent of N Koreas propaganda.

Research. You need to do some.

The NKs have repeated tried to infiltrate the South, killing innocent civilians or military whenever they have the chance. They murdered US troops trying to cut down a tree in the JSA. Sorry, can't see how this is "NK defending themselves."

But hey, according to you, it's OK for the North Koreans to murder SK civilians over something as stupid as arty rounds fired into the ocean.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

That Crab Wars article absolutely was interesting!

For myself, I find what weaponry used in an exchange to be of great importance. If either side is willing to use something that makes a hole in the ground where a building once stood rather than said building being peppered with machine gun fire or pockmarked by a mortar. I agree that my feelings may be of a more worried nature than the situation shows but I really don't need to be the next one in my family that may have to go and fight in Asia. Seriously damn near every conflict in Asia since the Boxer Rebellion to Vietnam has had someone in my bloodline fight in it. Grandmother's brother fought in the Korean War and that war really messed him up.
I'm not looking forward to myself or any family member to be #2 on the Korean Peninsula. No need to race against the Philippines which has hosted 3 family members in 3 different wars.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by exilim140

Ahh well, i saw the video on you tube and thought hey wonder what they are saying on ATS about all this and thought "i might as well add my 10 cents into the debate as well" if it doesnt belong on the site i applogise as i havent heard of the website you mentioned.

Regards

All I am saying is that there are all kinds of witch doctors out there spinning prophecies about this and that. They shouldn't be given much heed, though.

I looked at Dr. Owuor's web site and he has predicted many earthquakes. However, he never gives many specifics and it's easy to predict an earthquake in a seismic zone!

Here, I'll show you. I predict that there will be an earthquake just offshore the Aleutians before the spring equinox.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mick1423
i think the important question is:

Is N.Korea act on its own will or a greater power is using Kim Jong-il to destibilize the world and creat fear and diversion.

Who knows. However, nobody "uses" Kim Jong Il. He may decide to go with a plan, but he is not really anybody's puppet.

China told him that he was absolutely not allowed to build nuclear weapons, but he went ahead and did it anyway. This caused China to actually cut down on his oil and gas supplies for a while.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

Unfortunately there is little information about what weaponry is used in these border disputes. I would imagine much of it is small arms fire, though.

Let's hope this one doesn't hit the fan, though, because it could be a bigger spark than anybody wants.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
They are going to start a war with each other soon. Hopefully nobody else gets involved, wouldn't want a WW3 now.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
CNN said south korea didn't fire, DISINFO is on high right now.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Originally posted by GovtFlu
..and US party leaders have been lying for years about why violence is needed, occupations are ok, torture, kidnapping and kangaroo courts, you name it.. all good.

The US has shelled dozens of towns in Iraq / Afganistan, N Korea is just following the example of the land of the free.. lol.. NK, or any nation, can defend themselves just like the US has as far as I'm concerned.

Lets be thankful N Korea didn't follow the post 9/11 "American way" by kidnapping innocent people or torturing people 183 times until admitting guilt.. before denying the tortured due process & locking them up without trial indefinitely... then lying about reasons to attack & invade 2 nations who were innocent of N Koreas propaganda.

Research. You need to do some.

The NKs have repeated tried to infiltrate the South, killing innocent civilians or military whenever they have the chance. They murdered US troops trying to cut down a tree in the JSA. Sorry, can't see how this is "NK defending themselves."

But hey, according to you, it's OK for the North Koreans to murder SK civilians over something as stupid as arty rounds fired into the ocean.

Listen, aside from the person you responded to, nobody here is excusing North Korea. However, their actions are understandable if you think about their position. They are a dirt poor country, with backwards technology. It is unreasonable to expect them to fight the same kind of way that we do. They have to rely on deception, infiltration, and other means to achieve their objectives.

Several US servicemen defected during the Korean war. They were each given Korean wives and girlfriends. Think about this for a moment. It's not unreasonable to suspect that there is a covert breeding program in place in Korea to produce caucasian (or black) children which can be raised inside North Korea to be ideologically pure North Koreans, but after a generation or two, they might be indistinguishable from your average American.

This is something that would be viewed as barbaric and unnecessary here - after all, we have a bunch of Korean-Americans in the military that can be trained for covert activity. The North Koreans need to be more resourceful, though.

A proper analysis of the situation is impossible if you have your hair on fire. You need to take a cold, long look at the situation, and be prepared to separate the propaganda from the facts, or the signal from the noise.

Remember, The Word Conquers!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSAisaSCAM
CNN said south korea didn't fire, DISINFO is on high right now.

CNN is always the first to spin the war propaganda.

The question is, with so many other news outlets claiming that both sides fired, will anybody believe them?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou
reply to post by GovtFlu

You should do a little research on Operation Mockingbird. Our media has been infiltrated extensively over the last 60 years.

The goal is to control the narrative.

Jeebus. I used to think myself an informed individual until I found ATS. Amazing the things I never knew.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PeasantRebellion

we are learning till death ...there is so much info out there who is not presented by the oficial History,education, universities, so called mediums etc etc.
edit on 24-11-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou
CNN is always the first to spin the war propaganda.

The question is, with so many other news outlets claiming that both sides fired, will anybody believe them?

Here you go.....Straight from the Horses *** er uhmm mouth I mean

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Latest news.

FLASH: North Korea warns of more retaliatory attacks for new south "provocations"

FLASH: North Korea rejects talks proposal from U.S. forces in South Korea, says South Korean government source: Yonhap

Super-Silent Jimmy Carter Ready to Spy on North Korea

Rumor also has it that the carrier strike group will link up with another asset in area: The undersea spy known as the Jimmy Carter, which can monitor and potentially thwart North Korean subs that might shadow the American-South Korea exercises.

So they will be able to track Chinese subs too... maybe.

It seems military bases in SKorea are now in lockdown... can't have outside communications, not even to families.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

@Reuters Reuters Top News FLASH: North Korea rejects talks proposal from U.S. forces in South Korea, says South Korean government source: Yonhap

twitter

Does this mean the talks aren't happening or that the US is going to be left out of them?

edit on 11/24/2010 by mistafaz because: darn beaten by 2 minutes...

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join