It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Why would they provoke a country with such an itchy trigger finger? It's almost as if they want this to happen.

I was just going to star this comment but thought it was worth this as well, that is just what the NK leadership would be thinking why is SK suddenly upping the ante, "well they know how we play give them 200 rounds and a bellicose and belligerent statement, oh and prepare a line to Beijing."

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I agree with you that this could have been staged as part of a false flag operation.

bro, I was just answering a question
by a poster who asked HOW it could be a false flag.
And I gave a theory of HOW.
I'm not saying this is how it happened
at all. All I'm saying is it's plausible
and very possible.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
UPDATE------

European Stocks Fall to Six-Week Low on European Debt Crisis, Korean Clash

UPDATE------------

www.bloomberg.com...

"European stocks fell to a six-week low, extending a global selloff, as concern escalated that the region’s debt crisis will spread and North Korea fired artillery shells into South Korea.
Bank of Ireland Plc plunged 25 percent as Prime Minister Brian Cowen said he will seek national elections early next year. Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA dropped 3.9 percent as the cost of insuring Spanish and Portuguese subordinated bank bonds surged. Antofagasta Plc lost 4.2 percent as metals fell."

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
OK guys. There will be an ATS Live Special tonight at 9pm UK (4EST, 1PST) to discuss this.

Your calls will be much appreciated, should you want to ring in.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amurphy245

Here what the two have in their bag of tricks...................

Following are details on the armed forces in North and South Korea:

TROOPS

-- North Korea has 1.19 million troops in active service, and more than 7.7 million reservists. It is one of the world's most militarized countries and has a population of 23.4 million.

-- South Korea has 687,000 troops on active duty, and about 4.5 million reserve forces. They are reinforced by 28,000 U.S. troops stationed in the South.

CONVENTIONAL WEAPONS

-- North Korea has some 4,100 tanks and more than 2,500 armored personnel carriers. Much of the equipment is believed to be Soviet-era procurement and in need of upgrading. The T-54, the North's main combat tank, began to be phased out by most other countries in the 1970s.

-- North Korea also has more than 17,900 artillery pieces -- including 4,400 self propelled, 2,500 multiple rocket launchers and 7,500 mortars.

-- South Korea has 2,750 main battle tanks and 2,780 armored personnel carriers. It has 10,470 artillery pieces including 1,089 self propelled and 3,500 towed. South Korea has 185 multiple rocket launchers.

-- Soviet-made MiGs make up the bulk of the North's 620 air combat capable aircraft. The fleet is largely obsolete and not fit for modern combat. The South has about 490 combat aircraft.

-- North Korea is believed to be steadily building its submarine fleet, with its 71 vessels outnumbering the South's dozen or so. Its 420 warships also outnumber the South's roughly 140 vessels, but the South has been adding powerful destroyers to its fleet.

-- North Korea has limited fuel supplies, and relies heavily on China for its crude oil and gasoline.

MISSILES

-- North Korea has more than 800 ballistic missiles and more than 1,000 missiles of various ranges. It has sold missiles and technology overseas, with Iran a top buyer. South Korea is limited in pursuing missile development under a treaty with the United States but has recently deployed new long-range cruise missiles with a range of 1,500 km which can hit all of North Korea and also targets in China and Russia.

NUCLEAR WEAPONRY

-- North Korea is believed to have produced about 50 kg (110 lb) of plutonium, which experts say would be enough for six to eight nuclear weapons. North Korea's last week disclosed the existence of an ultra-modern uranium enrichment facility. The reported sighting of more than 1,000 centrifuges at its main nuclear complex appears to confirm the impoverished North, which has a plutonium-based atomic program, is working to create a second source of arms-grade nuclear material. -- It has twice conducted nuclear tests but has yet to show that it has a working nuclear bomb.

-- South Korea, an advanced nuclear power state, does not have a nuclear arms program, although Washington has promised protection under its "nuclear umbrella."

U.S. FORCES KOREA

-- The main frontline 2nd Infantry Division is armed with 140 M1A1 Abram battle tanks, 170 M2 Bradley Fighting vehicles, rocket launchers, tactical missiles, Patriot missile defense systems. The U.S. Air Force operates F-16 fighters, ground attack planes and three U-2 spy planes.

(Source: Reuters/South Korea's Defence White Paper, globalsecurity.org/U.S. Army War College Strategic Studies Institute, IISS 2010 Military Balance)

D

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

That would be pretty awesome!
Keep us updated!
Thanks!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I agree with you that this could have been staged as part of a false flag operation.

bro, I was just answering a question
by a poster who asked HOW it could be a false flag.
And I gave a theory of HOW.
I'm not saying this is how it happened
at all. All I'm saying is it's plausible
and very possible.

But why speculate is was a "false flag" when there is absolutely no evidence it was.
Plus North Korea admitted it.

It fits the MO of North Korea anyway.
edit on 23/11/10 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

I posted this one about an hour ago....

Treasurys Rise On North Korea, Debt Worries In Euro Zone

By Min Zeng

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Treasurys rose Tuesday, boosted by haven demand on geopolitical tensions in the Korean peninsula and continued worries about sovereign debt problems in the euro zone. As of 9 a.m. EST, the benchmark 10-year Treasury note was 17/32 higher to yield 2.937%. Bond prices move inversely to their yields.

Riskier assets including stocks and crude oil dropped while the euro fell against the dollar. In contrast, German bunds and U.K. gilts rose along with Treasurys. "It is flight to safety," said Lou Brien, a market strategist with DRW Trading Group in Chicago.

Investors sought safety in low-risk U.S. government debt after North Korea fired artillery rockets at an island near a disputed maritime border. Two South Korean marines were killed when North Korea and South Korea exchanged fires.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
One thing to note that has been said, is I know a lot of people are like ATTACK THEM! Which at first I was saying the same but we really can't afford another war. I was in Iraq, I can hardly imagine being able to storm into NK with China to most likely back them.

Along with military might, I'm in school for Network Security, and war isn't going to be who just wields the bigger stick. Chinese hackers and North Korean hackers are far superior to what we have right now. So if we did go to war, we might not have to worry about NK being able to physically attack the US (Though we can't forget about our servicemen and women stationed in that area), but they're ability to attack our network infrastructure which can have disastrously effects.

Last thing which could be nothing but something I see everyone skipping over, the dollar gained 0.4% ahead of the euro in the morning, being quoted at $ 1.3561 per euro. If that is true, doesn't it seem like something bigger is afoot here?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

thats just wrong
N K told the US to stay out of their islands the US went in
according to wayne madison
the south hate the uS installed puppet consider him to be a right wing wack job
as wacked as lil kim
also again you don't know who Ron Paul is and why his opinion trumps the media

edit on 23-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
As promised earlier...

ATS Live Special event

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SynGen

That is true! As well it would be very difficult to replace the North Korean government. North Korea is no where close to Iraq. If you want to see a war that is Hell then another war with North Korea would be that war.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazmeister
But why speculate is was a "false flag" when there is absolutely no evidence it was.

cuz I am a conspiracy theorist
and this is a conspiracy website

Plus North Korea admitted it.

I didn't hear them say a word. However
u can believe whatever you read from a
controlled media if you want to. You heard the
news article say it.

It fits the MO of North Korea anyway.

MO according to whom???
is this the same bunch who said that NK
sunk the Cheonan also???

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

your hard work
good vision

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Hey! I just woke up. Can a member give me the run down on what happened? I'm interested into seeing we might go to war soon.

Here is what happened;

South Korea admitted it was running war games near North Korea's border

ALERT: South Korea admits it was conducting test-fires before North Korea artillery attack, but says it did not fire north - Reuters

twitter.com...

North Korea fires 200 artillery rounds on South Korea claiming S.K fired in it's territory. South Korea denied firing on N.K and shot back 50 artillery rounds. MSM is reporting N.K fired on S.K without any provocation and it's NK's fault. Since it's against the rules and regulations to trust anything North Korea is claiming so it's North Korea's fault - Proof: It's in MSM and MSM always shows truth.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Prince Of Darkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

I see. I do recall North Korea hiding many rockets in their mountains near South Korea. I wouldn't be surprised they would use the rockets. I just want more information.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

I'm going to post this again because I think it needs attention. I got this from the soc.culture.korea usenet site.

North Korea claimed that the South fired artillery shell into the
North....South denied ...saying that they were conducted exercises
but shelling was directed away from the North.
The South counter-claimed that the North shelled the Yeonpyeong island
and killed two marines.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Gazmeister

thats just wrong
N K told the US to stay out of their islands the US went in
according to wayne madison
the south hate the uS installed puppet consider him to be a right wing wack job
as wacked as lil kim
also again you don't know who Ron Paul is and why his opinion trumps the media

edit on 23-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

So, once again it your argument comes down to "it's true because somebody said it".
And just what has that got to do with a staged attack by America/South Korea anyway?
edit on 23/11/10 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
jisssssssssssssesss!..46 pages on this topic!
good good!

Well..do you think Baba Vangas' prediction is about to come true?
She never mentioned anything about Koreans gonna start the war, did she?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Either I am wrong or the media is wrong...

Every news keep saying that Yeonpyeong island was bombed and show where the island is, but the map that I check in google is Keunyeonpyeong island. Yeonpyeong island was locate south from where the news keep pointing at.

Here's image that news keep pointing at...

edit on 23-11-2010 by Aslpride because: Add second image

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join