It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

Hey! I do recall as well that experts mentioned North Korea would use chemical weapons as a means to war.

Here is the list to predictions made by Baba Vanga
Baba Vanga predictions 2010 – 5079

PS: my favourite one is this

2164 – Animals turn half-human.

Furries lol.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Prince Of Darkness because: corrected link

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Here's the source for the quote from the South Korean President:

(LEAD) S. Korea vows 'stern retaliation' against N. Korea's attacks

... "Reckless attacks on South Korean civilians are not tolerable, especially when South Korea is providing North Korea with humanitarian aid," the president said. "As for such attacks on civilians, a response beyond the rule of engagement is necessary. Our military should show this through action rather than an administrative response" such as statements or talks, he added.

He did not rule out the possibility of follow-up attacks.

"Given that North Korea maintains an offensive posture, I think the Army, the Navy and the Air Force should unite and retaliate against (the North's) provocation with multiple-fold firepower," Lee said. "I think enormous retaliation is going to be necessary to make North Korea incapable of provoking us again."....

Anyone read the post by Jac....?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aslpride

who are you gonna believe
the media
or your own lyin' eyes?
sheeesh
media wrong
star

edit on 23-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

2 birds with 1 stone,

That rings so true, the Anglo establishment live their lives by such sayings and maxims, it makes them feel like they've seen it all before, no need to worry, they're in charge.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SynGen

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by SynGen

I want to see Implausible Act 4:

Japan sends Godzilla to Pyongyang.

Lmao, me too, but the mecha version of Godzilla!!

I too think this is funny but the ultimate irony is that godzilla was inspired by the only nuclear attacks this world has ever known ...... Which to be quite honest is the only way the North can be brought to heel . NO country on this earth is strong enough to invade NK with the exception of China . The allies could not do it conventionally in the 50's , subsequent ecomnomic sanctions have done absolutely nothing except bring more misery (starvation ) to the average joe of NK which strengthens the position of the Jong-il clan ........ Dont any of you lot be deluded , the US Marines will not go marching in to save the world ......... Any resolution of this conflict can only come , IMO , via godzilla (nuclear conflict) or the Chinese putting their foot down ........ Here is where they may perhaps show their hand and become THE world superpower they've most likely alwys been .

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
This is without a doubt the most important day in our history yet. I couldn't believe it this morning when I checked CNN and FOX, they were talking about the weather and some other BS stories about pop stars and such.

And this surprised you how?

The band plays on.....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A youtube video of the incident

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

Souht Korea should check it out what went wrong in their reckless exercises before blaming North Korea for the retaliatory action.

What is funny in this incidence is the same pattern as the last one, with the SK sunken ship.

The South Korea and the US navy were on the "too close to the border" exercise mission when the mishap happened.

Who can rule out this was the second failed attempt by the TPTB to instigate a war in the Korean penninsula?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Timeline: Major conflicts between the rival Koreas

(Reuters) - Tensions between North and South Korea, which remain technically at war, have sparked military clashes on and off since a 1953 ceasefire was signed.

Here is a timeline of major incidents including some involving U.S. forces allied with the South:

January 1968 - Thirty-one heavily armed North Korean spies infiltrate deep into Seoul with a mission to assassinate then President Park Chung-hee; 28 are shot to death.

January 1968 - North Korea seizes U.S. spy ship USS Pueblo and for 11 months holds captive its crew of 83, one of whom dies.

Apr. 1969 - A North Korean MiG-17 fighter jet shoots down a U.S. spyplane killing all 31 aboard.

August 1976 - North Korean soldiers kill two U.S. military officers using axes in a dispute over trimming a tree in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).

October 1983 - Seventeen senior South Korean officials including several cabinet ministers are killed when a bomb goes off in the capital of Burma, now Myanmar. A Burmese court rules that it was a North Korean plot.

November 1987 - A Korean Air flight departing Baghdad and bound for Seoul explodes in mid-air over the Bay of Bengal, killing 115. A North Korean spy is convicted by a South Korean court for planting the bomb. Another North Korean believed to have been involved commits suicide.

September 1996 - A North Korean submarine on a spy mission runs aground in the South and the crew flee, sparking a massive manhunt. More than 30 people die, including 24 of the crew, 11 of whom are found together dead.

December 1998 - South Korean navy sinks a submersible North Korean spy vessel off the east coast of the peninsula. One North Korean scuba diver is found dead.

June 1999 - At least 17 and as many as 80 North Korean sailors are killed in naval clashes near the disputed maritime border between the Koreas, the Northern Limit Line (NLL), in the Yellow Sea. One of the North's vessels is sunk, others damaged. The battle follows nine days of incursions by the North into South Korean waters.

June 2002 - In a bloody skirmish between South and North Korean naval vessels in the Yellow Sea, one South Korean frigate is sunk and six South Korean sailors die. As many as 13 North Koreans may have perished.

July 2003 - South Korea says its troops returned machine gun fire after the North shot at an observation post in the DMZ between the two states.

May 2006 - Two North Korean soldiers enter the DMZ and cross into South Korea. They return after South Korean soldiers fire warning shots.

July 2008 - A 53-year-old South Korean housewife, out for morning stroll, is shot dead by the North Korean military on a restricted beach near North Korea's Mount Kumgang. The South Korean government suspends tours to North Korea

November 2009 - The two Koreas engage in a brief naval fight just south of their maritime border damaging vessels from both sides.
source

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is such a volatile situation for South Korea for a couple of reasons.

a.) They can't just take this from North Korea and let South Koreans be killed and let North Korea do whatever it wants, but sadly that might be the best approach; only firing when fired on and the like.

b.) War with North Korea is extremely undesirable for South Korea because:

i.) They have a very good economic position in the world at the moment and fighting North Korea really hurts that position in a number of ways in terms of infrastructure, investment, and reconstruction/rehabilitation of the North.

ii.) Seoul, the capital and largest city in South Korea, is not far from the DMZ and massive casualties and infrastructure damage could ensue if a full out war began.

iii.) China would be very much against a war for one reason...refugees! They like having a buffer state and creating a refugee crisis and being right next to South Korea is really not in their interest.

iv.) When South Korea won the war (with the support of the United States and other Western nations...which it would in an all-out war, possibly quickly too, though not without massive casualties and a huge refugee/rehabilitation situation + insurgents in the North), they'd have to deal with the leftovers and try to integrate North Korea into the South which would be economically disastrous and extremely difficult considering the brainwashed people, refugees, resource desecration, etc. On the bright side, they'd be free!

War is good in that it rids the world of the North Korean nuisance and allows the people there a chance at a good life, but it's bad in every single other respect and especially so for South Korea.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by SaturnFX
How the hell do you dismiss the reported words of NK, yet accept the report of bombs going off to begin with..pick and choose?

the bombs (rockets) going off came with video on youtube.
Did the reported words of NK come with video attached too ???
Didn't think so.

oh, of course...if its on youtube, then it must be true.

of course...how silly of me to think otherwise...I mean, after all...everything on youtube is credible and absolutely true...anything reported by investigative journalists around the world is false...that totally makes sense.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Anything new about whats going on over there or just a complete rehash of what happened this morning?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

There are still investigative journalists around? Geraldo? Dan Rather? lol. I'll take Youtube any time and let myself figure out what seems right and what don't. Instead of some big wig at a news station picking out what you see to fit their agenda.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

Gaz I am not trying to be difficult with you.
ron paul and wayne madison are not just somebodies
thats why I say if you get up to speed, then youl'd know why I site them
and why no one has challenged those references directly
which I welcome

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Anything new about whats going on over there or just a complete rehash of what happened this morning?

Everyone is positng his own theory... from prediction which could be true (O_o) to geopolitical point of view... Nothing new,..
As usually, NK was not in the news for a long time until the uranium stuff some days ago... so they want to come back in the media and consciousness in a strong position... blablablabla...

F*ck, it was also an opinion, based on nothing else than my point of view like all the posts...

link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

This is what I use when events like this happens. Just read the updates from twitter and see what new news you can find.
Twitter News feed

link   

Originally posted by swiftfootedachilleus
NO country on this earth is strong enough to invade NK with the exception of China . The allies could not do it conventionally in the 50's

WTH are you talking about? After North Korea invaded and pushed the South Korean and US forces all the way back. Mac Arthur ordered the US Marines to land behind their lines at the western port city of Inchon. Then the Southern forces maneuvered a break out hooked up and pushed the North Koreans all the way up to the chinese border.

If it wasnt for the Chinese sending in over 200,000 plus troops to bolster the North [Which was done] The war would have been over. Crack open a real history book and let the Online Conspiracy BS die already.

subsequent ecomnomic sanctions have done absolutely nothing except bring more misery (starvation ) to the average joe of NK which strengthens the position of the Jong-il clan ........

Are we ignoring the fact that he spends the bulk of what little money North Korea has on offensive weapons systems? To the tune of over 10,000 artillery pieces poised to attack Seoul?

Dont any of you lot be deluded , the US Marines will not go marching in to save the world ......... Any resolution of this conflict can only come , IMO , via godzilla (nuclear conflict) or the Chinese putting their foot down ........ Here is where they may perhaps show their hand and become THE world superpower they've most likely alwys been .

China's involvement in any resolution has ALWAYS been a part of the negotiations.

Welcome to a well known festering situation that's been going on for over 55 years.
edit on 23-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect

"Given that North Korea maintains an offensive posture, I think the Army, the Navy and the Air Force should unite and retaliate against (the North's) provocation with multiple-fold firepower," Lee said(President of South Korea). "I think enormous retaliation is going to be necessary to make North Korea incapable of provoking us again."
reply to post by sliceNodice

Looks like it was South Korea and the US navy who provoked first by performing dubious exercise that threatened NK.

Easy to blame a party without knowing the full details. See the article from the soc.culture.korea usent site.

North Korea claimed that the South fired artillery shell into the
North....South denied ...saying that they were conducted exercises
but shelling was directed away from the North.
The South counter-claimed that the North shelled the Yeonpyeong island
and killed two marines.

Oh! yes, of course because a military exercise is an act of war!
/sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by SaturnFX

There are still investigative journalists around? Geraldo? Dan Rather? lol. I'll take Youtube any time and let myself figure out what seems right and what don't. Instead of some big wig at a news station picking out what you see to fit their agenda.

Of course...because nobody on youtube ever has an agenda.

btw, did you know reptilians are in the government?
It must be true...because its on youtube.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by sliceNodice
This is without a doubt the most important day in our history yet. I couldn't believe it this morning when I checked CNN and FOX, they were talking about the weather and some other BS stories about pop stars and such.

And this surprised you how?

The band plays on.....

Oh I don't know... Maybe because this situation is likely to lead to something reminiscent of the apocalypse! IE Most important news story ever. I know CNN, FOX, MSNBC are incompetent government controlled entities.. But cmon
Even so.
edit on 23-11-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join