It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
Did something happen in Korea? I just woke up and saw this thread, can someone post a synopsis of the 40+pages on this. ATS threading choice for forums is the worst.

sure..

NK and SK played a game of catch...but instead of balls, they used some limited bombs.
NK started it (of course). now they are eyeing each other...seems not much else.

the rest of the pages is the obligitory conspiracys of how this is a false flag..obama did it, a NWO scheme, reptilians are at fault, there is no such thing as NK, Nibiru is involved somehow, etc.

the actual news you can get with 5 minutes watching CNN

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Then can you refute this? Doesn't that say that the North was responsible? Think about it...

North Korea said South Korea fired first in Tuesday's cross-border artillery duel

link   
reply to post by infinite

North Korea is very well armed....

link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by backinblack

So let's see... What kind of action will take place?

Plausible Act 1
1.) SK seeing this much damage decides it has to hit the artilery location that fired the shots. I would, that is simply justified in such a case.
2.) The escillation begins, NK starts to open up and hits more SK targets.
3.) SK responds tit-for-tat...
4.) Soon war breaks out and we have lots of flags and stars and told you so's in this thread.

Plausible Act 2
1.) SK will go to the UN and complain.
2.) NK won't fire any more shots and give all the excuses and threats as to why it happens.
3.) This thread will fill up with told you so's and maybe not as many flags or stars.

Implausible Act 3
1.) Obama condemns the attack and puts the military on stand-by.
2.) Japan prepares itself for all-out-war with NK.
3.) China gets ready to alter weather patterns for the pending nuclear winds.
4.) SK and NK open full-scale conventional and nuclear war.
5.) Many doom and gloom threads hit ATS every hour.
6.) More told you so's and probably a lot of flags and stars on this thread.
7.) WWIII breaks out and soon nuclear strikes become common news until all the news channels go dead and we all die... the end.

I am thinking act 2 is most likely.

edit on 23-11-2010 by YouAreDreaming because: Added muchly needed drama and sensationalism.

I believe this is the best scenarios I have seen. Being a Veteran and back from a warzone, these 3 cases seem like the only option to me. Also, from being in the military, I wouldn't be all to surprised if America has already responded in some way. I know of plenty of military operations and strikes that don't get stated to the public. For all we know, Jets could have bombed them (I think i read somewhere that one SK jet flew into that air space) or the NSA could be destroying NK's systems right now so they can't continue with they're attacks.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

if you don't know who RON PAUL is
I am NOT going to waste time explaining
get up to speed first

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Check this out from Yonhap news(SKorean news outlet):

South Korean military officials denied that they provoked the North or that they were conducting the Hoguk exercise, which the North called a precursor to invasion.

"The area designated for our military's firing drill was 20-30 kilometers southwest of Yeonpyeong," a military official said, asking not to be named. "It was an annual routine firing drill."
YonhapNews

South Korean military official not wanting to be named after all of that... Really? So to me, that statement doesn't exist or hold ANY meaning whatsoever.

The Yeonpyeong Island is right on the disputed DMZ border...

(I'm not able to upload pics of the Yeonpyeong Island from NYTimes onto ATS).

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

wow.. all i can say is you have ALOT of reading and catching up to do .. welcome to ATS

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
to 33
RON PAUL just said in an interview
He thinks it is most likely a staged invent courtesy of military industrial complex to prop up the dollar
so Boon is right to be questioning things like this
and those who don't after all the evidence that supports questioning aren't

thank u Dan

and I don't think it's JUST to prop up
the dollar ....

it's to make Obama look incompetent
in the eyes of the public

2 birds with 1 stone,
never let a catastrophe go to waste

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SynGen

I want to see Implausible Act 4:

Japan sends Godzilla to Pyongyang.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I wonder how -south korea- will react.

they cannot go overboard..they are simply outgunned..any proper retaliation without full support of the international community (and by that, I mean troops on the ground and massive anti missile grids up), SK will turn into a flaming heap of sludge quickly after due to the gazillion guns NK has.

Japan would also suffer heavily

Anyone saying the US is not doing anything, or that there should already be bombs dropping is living in a fantasyland.

Listening on TV now about how some hawks are demanding we basically spark off world war. of course, its the US's fault.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Then can you refute this? Doesn't that say that the North was responsible? Think about it...

North Korea said South Korea fired first in Tuesday's cross-border artillery duel

the Press also stated that Lee Harvey Oswald
shot JFK alone and NO I don't believe that horse
manure either. A false flag works best when it's
spun in the news. And this is exactly what's
happening here IMO.

But I do have a boondock theory on how this got started,
if u wanna hear it, then u2u me as I don't want to bother
folks with trivial matters unrelated to MSM propaganda.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yeah! I would have to agree with you guys. Still how far can this go to push are allies in Asia to go to war with North Korea? You know how difficult this war will be?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

good point Boon
that would certainly be a possibility
does China benefit from the higher dollar?
everyone was complaining about the us crashing there own dollar and using inflation to devalue their debts
and the value of the money owed

rummy gave the NK their nukes after all
be afraid be very afraid
so like wrestling...rummy was a college wrestling champ

edit on 23-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Originally posted by Danbones
to 33
RON PAUL just said in an interview
He thinks it is most likely a staged invent courtesy of military industrial complex to prop up the dollar
so Boon is right to be questioning things like this
and those who don't after all the evidence that supports questioning aren't

That doesn't make any sense since N. Korea obviously admitted that it was them, since they said the South fired first.

/facepalm

There was evidence last night, the us dollar Rose after the firing, i wanted to post this article
newskf.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Im seeing a lot of childish comments in this thread regarding korea,dont believe everything you read in the papers think for yourself,the DPRK is the US biggest enemy,dont let the US distort your opinions in their favor without knowing the facts.

Anyway something else to note is that the DPRK is a military superpower,laugh or deny it all you want but the truth is that the USA isnt confident enough in its ability to occupy the North so has resorted to every other option phycological warfare,economic sanctions,military pressure etc.

DPRK is a defensive nation,it doesn't wish to occupy or interfere with other countries as it goes against the principles of the juche idea,it does however want reunification with the south,many people assume they want to invade south korea and take over but these people have never read juche philosophy or even President Kim il sungs own plan for reunification which involves both north/south systems of goverment remaining in place.

The DPRK is one of the only military powers in the world with the ability to defeat the US army,people would be foolish to underestimate what they are capable of,if we were to attempt invasion i think it would end in disaster for the US because the DPRK has too many advantages in its defensive position.

I hope that south doesn't provoke this any further,after all they started this with their war games and failing to ignore the north's advance warning.

link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by SynGen

I want to see Implausible Act 4:

Japan sends Godzilla to Pyongyang.

(ALERT) - North Korea has just been eaten by a giant radioactive lizard! When asked how'd it taste the lizard replied "Like Dim Sum il!"
edit on 23-11-2010 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
[ Just heard on the Radio that South Korea just warned that if the North engages in more of the same they will unleash a massive retaliation and that Obama will be giving a briefing in about an hour.]

I think you might see a retaliation - especially if the Obama is being briefed within the hour. A dangerous game of bluff, but South Korea cannot allow an act of aggression go unpunished - the people won't stand for it.

I believe it's early hours in Korea, so a surprise strike on artillery bases *might* occur. As I said before though, South Korea needs to be absolute in its belief the North will not respond with an invasion, etc.

link   

Exactly. More incompetence, more problems, the spirals goes on.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

thanks agent USA
Ron Paul
is the only honest poli the US has at that level
I'm SURE he knows what he is talking about

he IS a fine example of a real patriot

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Here starts the tipping point everyones been waiting for. 7 days till full tension release.

Will it be Iran next.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join