It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police watchdog website (FITwatch) shut down.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They don't like it up'em, do they?

So, the website which kept tabs on the naughty things police do at protests has been shut down. Allegedly because it is perverting the course of justice. Obviously this is a blatent lie, and FITwatch only goes to make sure that justice isn't perverted by those who are supposed to be upholding the law.

relevent links

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:ipwgw1h5LJEJ:fitwatch.org.uk/2010/11/beating-police-repression-after-the-student-occupation.html+ fitwatch&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=mozilla

Email incase you can help
[email protected]

www.facebook.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I think what needs to be clarified here is police problems are treated on a local level not national. Meaning that if police are in the wrong The community cries out for justice and it is dealt with accordingly. When you have a site that exploits the wrong doing of law enforcement, You are rationalizing that all cops are bad, The fact is just like normal people there are bad seeds.

I have found over the years that most people don't have much respect for the law, And it is a real shame. These people put there asses on the line everyday so people like you and me can enjoy our freedom.

My belief is the people that don't respect them are most likely bad people that most likely break the law. I cannot see any other reason can you?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969

I think what needs to be clarified here is police problems are treated on a local level not national. Meaning that if police are in the wrong The community cries out for justice and it is dealt with accordingly. When you have a site that exploits the wrong doing of law enforcement, You are rationalizing that all cops are bad, The fact is just like normal people there are bad seeds.

I have found over the years that most people don't have much respect for the law, And it is a real shame. These people put there asses on the line everyday so people like you and me can enjoy our freedom.

My belief is the people that don't respect them are most likely bad people that most likely break the law. I cannot see any other reason can you?

So, let's shut down freedom of speech, no prob for you?

This is part of the last stage of martial law being imposed in US. I suspect your views will change in the not too distant future. Civilians should NEVER be prevented from keeping tabs on what the authorities are doing.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Oh no, let's all feel sorry for the jack-booted thugs! They have it so bad! If the departments weren't chalk full of sociopaths and bullies, there wouldn't be so much hate for cops.

They don't need a website to watch cops, they need need a television show, magazine, website, watchgroup, mailer, radio show!
edit on 16-11-2010 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

This post has nothing to do with thugs. And i'm not saying i feel sorry for anyone. Just don't judge police on some bad cops actions. just like don't blame certain races of people for what a few idiots are doing. Do you see my point?

And do you think having a web sight hating on cops is a good thing? It is the same as having a web site that hates on a certain race of people. It's not right and shouldn't be allowed.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Any other reason? Are you kidding me? Police hassle law obiding citizens too. They sometimes beat them/kill them, and 9 times out of ten, get off scot free. Police are not the police anymore.The police were set up to protect and serve the public. That is a far cry from the kind of police force in place today. The police have become an arm of goverment, a tool which they use at their will to intimidate and oppress the public. And it ain't on. The police, think they are above ordinary lowlife scum like you or I, you don't have to be a criminal either. News flash, they're not. These people need watching, they need to know that they are still accountable for their actions, and they have laws which they should probably be following too.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

My life has proven in london england, that police virtually organise murder, and i mean 1st degree murder.

How about the fact that the polcie and uk gov can go through your entire memories, in uk, so how come they never use this techs to find out about those on death row who just rot in prison before being killed.

Uk and usa gov, can literally take all your memories, fact. At least what they did to me showed the police in london organise what is effect pre meditated murder.

Oh no a person who did nothing killed by the polcie in effect, some would put that down to bad seeds, oh my dear. Most police are this rotten apple type humans, not a few.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

freedom of speech? or blatant hatred? And no my views will not change. Because I personally don't subscribe to the notion that there will be a new world order.I have been hearing this stuff since i was a kid and i can say that because we live in a democracy, Things go up and down every decade. A lot of people think this is a new movement or something but it's not.

en.wikipedia.org...(conspiracy_theory)

you can review the link and see the fundamentals have changed but not the basic idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

You probably think there is no electronic mind control, or they cannot go through your whole lifes memories, too.

If you do my life has proven you wrong, on that case too.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Well - I'm not necessarily 100% in agreement. I agree that police misconduct is often a local (or state) issue depending on the alleged misconduct. However, it can also be a federal issue for certain types of misconduct.

People that do not respect or trust the police could be lawbreakers, that is true. However, they could have also had an experience with a "bad apple" that spoiled their view of all the officers.

You are right, most officers are good people. But, as you say - there are bad ones out there as evidenced by the examples in the links below.

Unknown News - Cops

Reddit - Bad Cop, No Doughnut

Injustice Everywhere

Not all cops are bad, most are not, but we hear about the bad ones everyday.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Intersting article from the guardian about this.
www.guardian.co.uk...-8407956

Yesterday evening, I received a text from a friend asking if I knew the Fitwatch website had been suspended. I checked our email account and discovered it had been closed for a minimum of 12 months on the behest of the Metropolitan police for "attempting to pervert the course of justice" for a post giving advice to students worried about facing arrest following the Millbank protests last week. Fitwatch was formed three years ago as a street-level response to intimidation and harassment from the forward intelligence teams (Fits), with tactics ranging from blocking cameras to printing numbers, names and photographs of known police officers on our blog, and offering advice to demonstrators about staying safe in protest situations. Through our research, and criminal trials for blocking police cameras, Fitwatch has been instrumental in bringing much of the information about protester databases and the domestic extremist units into the public domain.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I would love to see proof that they can steal my memories and use it against me. Sounds like a movie to me. Oh yes. it was a movie. What was it called? Bourne conspiracy or something? But if you have any facts to back that up, I would love to see it. Show me something concrete and i assure you i may have a change of tune.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by wcitizen

freedom of speech? or blatant hatred? And no my views will not change. Because I personally don't subscribe to the notion that there will be a new world order
Thisisn't about the NWO, this is about the police abusing their powers and being held accountable for their actions. Or do you think the police should be allowed to kick your face in for looking at them funny? And don't say it doesn't happen, because it does. And I'm not talking about all the the police who abuse their position. Obviously there are good cops too. But the ones who are bad, need to be watched. It's not rocket science, you can't just show them that they can get away with it over and over again.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

So what are the implications for marshal law to take affect other than a push for new world order?

I just dont see it happening.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What has martial law got to do with anything? This is a thread about watching the police, and a website which has been suspended for a year at least, for doing just that. I haven't mentioned martial law once, and you're unlikely to find me doing so.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Everyone i went to school with knew it too, as it was used to humilate me. The police have in london desperately tried to destroy me for 18 years plus, and guess what when uk gov went through my memories, nothing. My family and everyone who knows me knows this is true, no police or gov person will come on here saying.

For anyone out there in london being targeted by polcie for serious crime(in my case made up as i have done nothing ever), the police will use these techs on you fact. They did so for 18 years plus now of my life, and for no reason other than to destroy my life, and to humiliate me for all that time.

The police are involved in premeditated murder fact, in london.

I just wonder how many irish families may have had these techs used on them, by these monsters.

Lol at the police who spent all this time trying to get me to commit a crime, by humilating me and destroying my life. Not one thing backed up your crimes against me fact.

Amazing how everyone who knows me this is true, and the people who come on here saying o that does not exist, lol. Yep right. I found out in 1992 that uk police and gov, use these weapons in schools. Not one bit of evidence the police had to start a campaign of haressment that has lasted 18.5 years, of perving into our home in london. Not one bit.

The police are involved in murder fact.
edit on 11/16/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yes you are right and im sorry i posted that to you. I looked at the wrong name when i replied. I took a quote from your post that had other poster talking about marshal law.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Sounds like they have way to much money and time then. What would be the purpose of this being done to normal people. I can see maybe if it was a high profile person and they needed them out of the way. Can you enlighten me as to why?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Can you tell me who shut this sight down? Was it a judge or pressure from the police? And what would stop someone from just opening another site?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Can you tell me who shut this sight down? Was it a judge or pressure from the police? And what would stop someone from just opening another site?

The Metropoliton police ordered it closed, and no, it hasn't been through any court system. Just ordered the ISP to close it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join