It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry Explained

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
In the beginning, Freemasons were men who held the secrets of building. (Geometry) They had learned how make square stones, they had learned how to use a plumb and level, and they knew how to assemble them to a drawing made by the master builder. They had formed a group with three levels in order to teach these secrets to worthy workmen. they kept their ways secret so that not everyone could just be a builder. Also so that buildings would be built correctly. It protected their trade and enabled them to be sought after whenever a building had to be erected.

the three levels were:
1. apprentice or workman this level would be the workhorses and carry the stones and equipment. they did this willingly in order that in time they would learn more and become master builders themselves..

2. Fellowcraft or Stoneworkers. these men would be the ones who carved stones and saw that they were placed where they are supposed to be placed. these men were apprentices at one time but learned enough to be advanced. (much like in any job anywhere in the world)

3. Master Builders or Master Masons. these men designed the buildings, and were in ultimate control of the project. There were sometimes several on a job and they had to work together in order to complete the project.

These were known as OPERATIVE masons. The way they operated is the way our modern system of SPECULATIVE masonry is formed. We don't build anything other than a morally strong man. We take a good man and make him better. Actually, he does it on his own but with help from his brethren. The way we do this is by teaching life lessons through allegory and symbols. In order to find out how these lessons are taught, you have to join masonry. You can however find all the information that is taught, on the internet. Over the years, many men have left the craft and written down all the secrets that were promised to be kept secret. these men had weak moral fiber. But our craft still operates the same and without any hindrance form outside. Not because we are powerful or elite, but because people who really wanted to know what we were about simply joined and found out. As mankind has evolved, we have stopped burning witches at the stake, or killing a man for what he believes. At least most of us have.

What I have written here is the complete truth. Any mason or scholar is welcome to comment on any mistakes made. So much for the secrecy that everyone is crying about.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
That is the absolute unadulterated truth.

Well said.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it"

I am not going to debate this as I have wasted so many hours of my life trying to discuss Freemasons, with Freemasons.

"Ask my friend if I am a liar"

Your probably a nice guy too, my comments are nothing personal.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, how does one become a mason?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

There is nothing more that I can add Brother. There will be those that would try a rip this apart, however, my friend speaks the truth.

Star and Flag

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbinHood

Find you nearest Lodge and visit it. If you are interested in what you see, ask for an application form. Simple as that my friend.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

There is nothing more that I can add Brother. There will be those that would try a rip this apart, however, my friend speaks the truth.

Star and Flag

Not ripping it apart mate, I know a few masons myself. The thing is, it depends on what lodge your apart of, who you are as a person, what power you hold and if you are willing to manipulate the power that you control for the benefit of brothers.

As I said I am not going to debate this, I am not ignorant; just tired of saying the same thing. Im tired of "Your wrong, Im right" conversations.

There are Freemasons out there, that are just normal business men. That is all I am saying, not going into this again. The nice and blind Freemasons build walls strong enough that they themselves are fooled.

Good luck with this thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Whatever power I hold, it is not linked to FM. My power is not for abuse, I am by no means perfect, but I do not consider myself to be a wicked man. If I can, by my actions, do good to benefit others, including non-Masons, I will.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

what I offered is the history of Freemasonry and how it became today's version. I am not claiming it to be anything other than what I have stated. If my facts are incorrect, it is here for anyone to prove different. I understand that some people thing that the elite are all Freemasons and run the world. to that, I would have to see a bit of proof. But if you see anything inaccurate, please tell me. You and I have discussed this in the past and I don't disagree with some of your findings. I am just tired of people whining about us being secret and so I posted the truth to dispel some of those tears.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbinHood

Find one and ask him. He might wear a ring, or have an emblem on his car. The chances that you already know one are quite good.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Dear Network Dude,
Thank you for that insight, however what you have written is already widely known =) As you state, those with lesser moral fibre have already divulged this, and alot more, information about the Freemasonry society.

What you don't go into, and I doubt you will, is the impact and power that the higher tiers of your society have on the rest of society. It is one thing to make an analogy about workers/masons in antiquity wishing to keep their work a "black art" and what Freemasonry is today.

My respects for being so honest, but I very much doubt you even have an inkling of the bigger picture.

Regards,
T

edit on 9-11-2010 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2010 by torqpoc because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

show me the bigger picture. Present facts. I have heard all the opinions that exist, but when it comes to "the higher ups ruling the world" I see no facts. Show me who in the UPPER TIER is a Freemason. I just need their lodge number. See, this thought process is brought about by fear. When asked to provide proof of this statement, the people who are asked usually scamper off in to the sunset. I have no doubt that a group exists that rules the world behind the scenes. I believe them to be organized. But I know enough about Freemasonry to know that those ideals did not come from here. And those people (while a few may be Freemasons) are not operating under the name Freemasonry. Oh, and the Illuminati have been disbanded for a couple hundred years. their ideals were about less power in one spot and more knowledge for all. Look them up.

I am not tying to antagonistic here. If you have facts, please present them.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Dear Network Dude,
My statement has nothing to do with fear. I don't fear anything for the record, not in the sense of being afraid anyway, it is a pointless emotion which leads to nothing and after having died on an operating table, I know what life is about and being afraid is not one of them.

I doubt there is viable proof out there to be honest and direct. However I do believe that Freemasons do use their influence to promote or demote their members in certain aspects. I think you thought I was referring to New World Order type analogies, you are mistaken. As for your reference to the Illuminati, how do you know? Where is your proof and even then, how do you know it's viable and true?

My statement is simple however, unless you are one of the higher member in the top tier I doubt you have any idea what the bigger picture is, nor do I for that matter.

Regards,
T

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

but I am at the upper tier.

You get there by hard work.

Those who get their degrees and never set foot in the lodge again don't know about true masonry, but those who diligently attend meetings, and work with their brethren and teach younger members, they know what it's really about. But I am a mason, so surely I am lying. therefore, anything I say is suspect.

I know about the Illuminati by studying them. I gained an interest and found plenty of well researched information. If you have any proof that they exist, many here would like to see it. Myself included.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Dear Network Dude,
If I had any information about the Illuminati to add, I very much doubt i'd be here posting if you get what I mean.
Secondly, and with no disrespect whatsoever meant or implied, if you were at the tier i'm referring to, you wouldn't be posting here either =)

I've met and spoken to a Grandmaster (a very long time ago), i've discussed my thoughts with him numerous times and on the basis of Freemasons influencing "aspects of society" to promote their members he unequivocally said yes.

Why else would you want to be a Freemason may I add? Notoriety? Being seen as a clandestine ring wearing bad guy? All the hype and gross disrespect by the rest of us non-Mason peons? I doubt it. Fringe benefits is what it's all about.

I wish you the best in your endeavour to enlighten us all, however I don't think you will succeed because in every "secret" organisation, there are those who know and those who think they know.

Regards,
T

edit on 9-11-2010 by torqpoc because: damn spelling

edit on 9-11-2010 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I wonder how the police and military personal in free masons treat each other and others.

Personally i would take what william cooper said about this organisation as about the best us as out siders will get.

The people at the top of your group are ego maniacs, who think they are gods on earth, in real terms. There ego is of the scale, lol.

Whispers in teh night, lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
I've met and spoken to a Grandmaster (a very long time ago), i've discussed my thoughts with him numerous times and on the basis of Freemasons influencing "aspects of society" to promote their members he unequivocally said yes.

we have two Past Grand Masters in our lodge. (one is an honorary member as he belongs to the lodge in the next town) but I have spoke with both of them quite a bit inside as well as outside the lodge. they are regular people Our Grandmaster for NC last year was a man who grew up in the masonic home for children. He certainly didn't come form a wealthy background and was a regular guy.

I don't mean to keep beating this dead horse, but when a person who has never been involved with masonry tries to tell a mason who has been very involved about what they don't know, it kind of seems a bit disingenuous. I think I know what it takes to win the superbowl, but I sincerely doubt that I could do it. being that I have never been a pro football player and all.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Op, what is your theory on william cooper babylon series where he goes into depth about your free masons and such?

Have your grand masters or whomever discussed these sorts of things.

By the way i doubt you know what it takes to win the super bowl, as you would probably need to know some very naughty people, lol, money talks. Players are humans as we all know, cough.
edit on 11/9/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I was speaking of athletic talent and heart. You know, the idealistic views of sports before it gets perverted into entertainment.

I think William Cooper was trying to sell some books much like Dan Brown does. If I wrote a book about what freemasonry really is, it would sell about 2 copies. My mom might by one too. It's not earth shattering, super exciting, world domineering, or evil. It is a bit boring for those who hold no real interest in it. I can personally grantee that if any of these people who keep clambering about the "upper tiers" were to venture out and join, they would be amazed at the accuracy that the craft has been described on ATS by masons. I did enjoy the read though.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
My mom might by one too.

I doubt it. She probably does not need sleeping pills either.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join