It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zodiac is the oldest known calendar in every single civilization.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Gee, I thought Adam's Calendar was the Oldest Calendar considering its known to be around 75,000 years old, perhaps older.

adam's calendar

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jumbocat

Interesting outline and what may ultimately be a discovery, but there is very little actual information on the calendar itself, mostly pictures and background of the individuals themselves. There does not seem to be much research accomplished on the site itself, but certainly looking forward to what they uncover.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Adam's calendar, has not been recorded in every single civilization known to have been on this earth. It is far less signifigant than the zodiac. The zodiac is something else entirely, it has roots that go very deep into human history, possibly the deepest ever discovered.
edit on 24-10-2010 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

The zodiac is the oldest calendar known to humanity, and I am amazed at how little we understand about it. When you add what the egyptians said about being a creator and destroyer and a savior, and combine it with the Hopi / mayans talking about the end of the 4th world, it certainly makes one wonder.

It does. I am marking the page so I can find it quickly to see what people post. This is very interesting although I don't know enough about it to comment, seems to make a lot of sense and something we should pay more attention to and perhaps take a little bit more seriously.

There is something about birthdays.Both my sisters husbands had the same birthday. Many other coincidences like that seem to occur.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Well you know, there are underwater ruins and hints of past civilizations in the past, as if there really was a first second and third world. I think that humans build up to a certain point, and are once again, wiped out only to start over. I believe the zodiac is the calender that was created to mark this cycle. But that's my personal beliefs, which is not being discussed here. I want to hear what people think about the zodiac.

I agree, I think there have possibly been many past civilisations. We reach a certain level then it all goes Pete Tong (wrong). The way we are messing things up this time I don't think we have learned any lessons.

As for the zodiac - a truly ancient system. It is both a calender and a forteller of major events - I'm not talking about individuals horoscopes but major world events. Sometimes all we need to do is look up

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So out of all the people seekings answers out there, whether you're a scientist, or religious, both need to look no further than the zodiac. It holds the answers for both, when you look at the rose cross, and you see the star of david on each side. You can clearly see the symbols for the 4 destroyers on each edge of the star, and the rosy cross, is full of masonry. The masons know all about the zodiac, and that's what's so creepy, is the zodiac really the key to answering lifes mysteries?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by davidgrouchy

Dgrouchy, I honestly am not making the connection between all those definitions and their corresponding (sp) bible verses.
Little help?

_______

I am surprised the applicable bible verse supporting the importance of following the motions of sky objects hasn't been brought up:

Genesis 1:13-15 (New International Version) "13 And there was evening, and there was morning And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day. 14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Very interesting thread and lots to think about and digest. Also fascinating to note that it appears in many religions and connects peoples like the Mayans and Egyptians. (There are lots of bibles stories that also can be found in all the world religions e.g the creation, the flood, the resurrection etc. whcih seems to point towards some common beginning that we all share).

It is also interesting how the Zodiac has been connected to astrology and in turn to horoscopes. To the masses the meaning of the Zodiac has been (deliberately?) reduced to weekly soundbites from some bloke in the paper who thinks he can tell the future from our birthday.

Also interesting to learn that there is a missing 13th sign, although I am sure I have read about it somewhere else before.

I will have to read some of the links supplied, but 13 does seem to be an awkward number compared with 12.

12 is so much better and feels nicer too; the way it easily divides into 6s, 4s, 3s and 2s and how it fits with our current measurements for time (12 hour clock) and space (360 degrees of a circle) and maybe even language (alphabets?) or am I seeing things and connections that aren't there?

One thing that pops into mind is that maybe this 13th sign is like an anchor, marker or some sort of key to decoding the other 12.
edit on 24-10-2010 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

Basically the bible says, god created the zodiac.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Again I'll say this because I think no one paid attention to my post, did you hear that the Zodiac is actually based around Jesus Christ?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I believe so. Seems possible.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by obilesk

Dgrouchy, I honestly am not making the connection between all those definitions and their corresponding (sp) bible verses.
Little help?

In America Geometry _used_ to be taught
as a tool to learn logic. From 5 simple rules
the entire mountain of logic, debate, and thesis
could be constructed. This is no longer taught at all.

It's not your fault. It's not my fault. Don't be alarmed.
But if there is even one person out there who really knows
geometry, this is the galaxy wide antimatter bomb of truth and history.

From the english teachers I've spoken too, no only do they not teach how
to formulate a thesis in Jr High anymore, but College students don't even know
what a thesis is. Is it any wonder Professor Dawkins has been uncontested for so long.

David Grouchy

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Let's note the Hindu idea of trinity too...

www.sanatansociety.org...

Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva.

and

Kali the destroyer.

Also the swastika, used by Hindu's and Buddhists.

4 ages... 4 types of metal representing reality.

This stuff is deep.

You have your Kali's mixed up. Kali yuga is the time period we are named after the demon Which is your reference.
The Kali you seem to be using in context here is Kali ma. Which is the Mother of Creation and Destruction. Which in herself equates to a trinity in the Feminine aspect.
Shiva also has a destroyer aspect, but I don't know enough at this time to discuss it.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Again I'll say this because I think no one paid attention to my post, did you hear that the Zodiac is actually based around Jesus Christ?

I think you got it backwards, the zodiac is way older. So it would make more sense that the story was based on the zodiac.

edit on 25-10-2010 by TKDRL because: explain my reasoning.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I've always been interested in the Zodiac...does anybody know anything about 1985...year of the Golden Kings/Oxes?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Adam's calendar, has not been recorded in every single civilization known to have been on this earth. It is far less signifigant than the zodiac. The zodiac is something else entirely, it has roots that go very deep into human history, possibly the deepest ever discovered.
edit on 24-10-2010 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

Are you sure the zodiac may not have it's roots from Adam's calendar which is 75,000 yrs old?

Do we have recorded human history with a zodiac of that age?

Adam's Cal. predicts the equinox on a 26,000 year cycle.. what is the length of the zodiac cycle ?

b

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

reply to post by obilesk

Basically the bible says, god created the zodiac.

Basically?

do you have anything more than a term implying ONLY a vague interpretation of a possible creation?

Help me here.. am I missing something or maybe a bible verse you can point me to that says "god hath created the zodiac?"

b

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
If you guys are interested in the zoidac , and ancient cutltures and how their myths were developed from astronomy into religion. The you should read Hamlets mill!

Hamlets Mill

Seriously if you have time then read this book it discusses certain aspects of the zodiac and how humans developed astronomy

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

this type of cycle bothers me, just because of the time involved.

i don't have a problem with however long,.

it's just that someone has to remember the last time it happened!

"oh yeh, grog, it happened 26,000ya"

wth?!

that amount of time, people would have to have seen the cycle more than once, right?

we can predict things now coz of past knowledge and what does that say about the past people?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Who do you think the 13th sigh is ? That is why it has been removed and hidden .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join