It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zodiac is the oldest known calendar in every single civilization.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If this is posted in the wrong place, or it has been done already feel free to delete. I just wanted to hear peoples opinions about this, because I have been thinking about it for sometime now.

The Zodiac. Nobody knows who created the Zodiac, and it has been dated back to possibly 5000 BC. It is an astronmical calendar, that has been in every single civilization to have ever existed on this planet. The egyptians and the mesopotamians used the zodiac to calculate what we now know as the precession of the equinoxes.

The precession of the equinoxes, is how we view the stars in the sky over a 26,000 year period. As most you may already know, we are currently in the age of pisces, and for religious purposes, you may recognize the Jesus fish on some cars. The next age that we are supposed to enter is the age of aquarius.

The egyptians and mesopotamians also seemed to notice something else, how they noticed this is a mystery, and it may not even be true. However, it is interesting. They pointed out that the zodiac has 4 seasons, like the earth goes through every year. Those 4 ages are Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius.

Have you ever heard that we are in the 4th world, told my the american Hopi, and the mayans? Here is a link. en.wikipedia.org...(Native_American_mythology)
That can better explain what the 4th world is.

Well the egyptians and the mesopotamians both has this same theory going on. They saw that the earth goes through some very dramatic changes every 4 ages. 4 ages = 1 world. And it went as follows:

Taurus = Destroyer
Aries = Creator
Pisces= Savior
Aquarius= Destroyer
Capricorn=Creator
Sagittarius=Savior
Scorpio=Destroyer
Libra= Creator
Virgo=Savior
Leo=Destroyer
Cancer=Creator
Gemini= Savior
(repeat)

You can read about this on your own, at this link
ancientegypt.hypermart.net...

It is a long read, but to understand this concept, it's worth it.

The reason I am bringing this up, is because we are supposed to be entering into the age of aquarius, within the next 150 years, and dec 21 2012, is certainly a controversal date for this to occur. I don't necessarily belive it will happen on that date, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

The zodiac is the oldest calendar known to humanity, and I am amazed at how little we understand about it. When you add what the egyptians said about being a creator and destroyer and a savior, and combine it with the Hopi / mayans talking about the end of the 4th world, it certainly makes one wonder. Another very interesting point, the age of pisces, the age we are currently living in, is the age of Jesus Christ, whom is known as..... thats right, a Savior.
The Jesus fish has been around for decades so this is not a modern day obervation. This was not made up recently to start a conspiracy theory, this is something that is true.

With all the weird weather patterns, animal disappearances, chaos turmoil, wars and rumours of wars going on around the world, one can only wonder if the zodiac, and what the ancients said is true.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Interesting times we live in, eh? Do you believe than there is an infinite cycle of birth, death, re-birth?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Well you know, there are underwater ruins and hints of past civilizations in the past, as if there really was a first second and third world. I think that humans build up to a certain point, and are once again, wiped out only to start over. I believe the zodiac is the calender that was created to mark this cycle. But that's my personal beliefs, which is not being discussed here. I want to hear what people think about the zodiac.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I've always wondered who invented Astrology and the Zodiac...only to realize it wasn't an invention, but a discovery. Yes mankind has put their own spin on things but the fact we know anything about it at all, says something. I must admit I'm rather naive about the subject, my only extent into it is my daily reading of my horoscope! The information you posted is very interesting, and the only reason I asked you what I did, is because I began to think of the nature of God and how things are orchestrated. Nice post!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I don't really believe in astrology much, especially horoscopes. They are so basic and pretty much all guess work. But the zodiac is more in relation to astronomy, and the constellation, and of course, the gods.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Yup, the interesting aspect with all this of course is that there is a 13th zodiac sign that doesn't seem to quite fit in with our symmetrical 12 months - 12 signs understanding.

Never really understood this myself, though admittedly I have never really investigated it.

Though one of the interesting things I just learned is that it shares the Asclepius symbol which of course is VERY significant ... and yet somehow it seems to have been discarded from the modern Zodiac. I wonder if there's a hidden knowledge conspiracy there.

Anyhoot, interesting stuff.

edit on 23 Oct 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Let's note the Hindu idea of trinity too...

www.sanatansociety.org...

Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva.

and

Kali the destroyer.

Also the swastika, used by Hindu's and Buddhists.

4 ages... 4 types of metal representing reality.

This stuff is deep.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I always took it to be one and the same, Astrology and the Zodiac, but perhaps this was the mankind spin I was talking about! Did you ever hear that the signs of the Zodiac actually represented Christ?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The 13th sign was not incorporated into the 12-sign zodiac, it's merely used as a reference.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That's very interesting! So now we have, mesopotamians, egyptians, Mayans, Hopi, and the hindu's..... Does anyone see that we have all just created a link to completely different civilizations, that lived in completely different times?!?? The location and arrangement of the egyptians pyramids resembling orion, and the same arrangement of the mayan pyramids in mexico..... They were linked, and the zodiac is the missing piece!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think you might enjoy the book , " old world secrets " . There is a pretty lengthy thread here on ATS about the book and the author of the book actulay took part in the posting .

But yes , from the earliest of times man has been looking to the stars to monitor the passage of time and changing of seasons . It is a very interesting topic to study , man's recording of the stars . One might be surprised to see how linked this study of the stars has reached , from building layout , religion , creating of calendars , understanding of mathmatics / geometry to much much more . It was the singel most important thing to mankind from the earliest of times and has influenced just about every aspect of our day to day life .

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

The 13th sign was not incorporated into the 12-sign zodiac, it's merely used as a reference.

I understand that x ...

But perhaps the fact and the reasons that the constellation associated with healing isn't part of the modern Zodiac might bear more significance and probably should not be discarded with such ease.

Sounds like something that might be interesting to look into and account for is one is going to assign great significance to Astrology.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Than are dreamt of in Wikipedia."

edit on 23 Oct 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
FOUR VEDAS

The Vedas

There are four Vedas, the Rig Veda, Sama Veda, Yajur Veda and Atharva Veda. The Vedas are the primary texts of Hinduism. They also had a vast influence on Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism. Traditionally the text of the Vedas was coeval with the universe. Scholars have determined that the Rig Veda, the oldest of the four Vedas, was composed about 1500 B.C., and codified about 600 B.C. It is unknown when it was finally committed to writing, but this probably was at some point after 300 B.C.

sacred-texts.com...

hinduism.iskcon.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yeah i have heard about the 13th star sign aswell, and the calendar has changed too, i am now on the cusp of saggitarias and opsicious (cannot remember how to spell it. haha)
Either way, where does the 13th sign come into this? i know the church has messed up some of the zodiac messages, they used to clain astrology was bad and the devil but they hired astrologers themselves. It must have to do with something. Maybe it represents those golden years or something. i have no clue

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I have looked into the 13th sign and have actually found very little information about it. Whether that imformation was suppressed or just not important, I don't know.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

That's very interesting! So now we have, mesopotamians, egyptians, Mayans, Hopi, and the hindu's..... Does anyone see that we have all just created a link to completely different civilizations, that lived in completely different times?!?? The location and arrangement of the egyptians pyramids resembling orion, and the same arrangement of the mayan pyramids in mexico..... They were linked, and the zodiac is the missing piece!

Allegedly the swastika has been seen in some form on Mesopotamiam crafts and claywork.

I visted india a few years ago, from what i remember the swastika in both Buddhist and Hindu (someone please correct me if i'm wrong) - the four edges of the swastika represent 4 metal elements.

1 - copper

2 - Bronze

3- silver

4 Gold

^^ This might be slightly wrong, but it's something like that. We are (from what i remember) just about to enter 'a golden age' again, which ties in well with the Aquarius thing, and possibly the massive amount of predictions and concern as of late.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The 13th sign

Ophiuchus the 13th sign of the Zodiac - also known as Serpentarius, the Serpent Holder. The constellation Ophiuchus has been known about since ancient times, but you wouldn’t know it. It was never added to the Zodiac chart as astrologers said that the Sun went straight from Scorpius into Sagittarius, disregarding the fact that the sun travelled through Ophiuchus for 19 days before entering Sagittarius.

www.love-astrology.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

You've really got me going now. I really think that the zodiac is of huge signifigance, and is hugely overlooked because someone slapped astrology on it. I think people pass it off way to fast. This is something that all the ancients had in common, but we should be finding out why.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I do not relate the signs of the zodiac with astrology. And that is all the 13th sign seems to do. The 12 signs of the zodiac, are in the 26,000 year cycle calendar that the zodiac is. This 13th sign was never added to that calendar, because I don't think it meant anything.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well if the alien overlord conspiracies are true, this would be pretty reasonable. They would wipe the slate whenever we got too technologically advanced while they still could.

The Tower of Babylon, split the languages, etc. Then with our ingenuity, we start again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join