It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zodiac is the oldest known calendar in every single civilization.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If true, then the Greek myth about the guy who had to push the rock up the hill for all eternity was just a symbol for humanity. We never quite get to the top of the hill, an unknown force prevents it.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

Which greek myth are you referring to?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ok , here's a book you may find to be very interesting : The History and Practice of Ancient Astronomy by James evens .

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287887571&sr=8-1

Also worth looking into is the Magi .

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Amazing how the zodiac is tied into so many religions like this, I didn't research it in other religions, this is opening a whole new can of worms. Is it possible that the zodiac is the key to unlocking some of lifes greatest mysteries? Is that what the freemasons have been guarding?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by sremmos

I think he's referring to Sisyphus
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Max_TO

I do not relate the signs of the zodiac with astrology. And that is all the 13th sign seems to do. The 12 signs of the zodiac, are in the 26,000 year cycle calendar that the zodiac is. This 13th sign was never added to that calendar, because I don't think it meant anything.

I don't relate the signs of the zodiac to astrology either . And the 12 signs of the zodiac are what the 26,000 year cycle is based on , no?
edit on 23-10-2010 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The Zodiac is also the basis for Religion.

The number 12 is incorporated into most religion and spiritual beliefs. The Babylonian culture took astrology to a highly refined degree, from this sprang many religions and belief systems, The tower is Babel was considered to be an advanced astrolab which would have given increased knowledge of the universe and our place in it.
The Olmec created one of the more advanced calendars ever, which the Mayan borrowed for themselves, it is one of the most misunderstood calendars also.

The "end of Ages" everyone is hysterical about is the passing of Pisces into Aquarius over the Equatorial Horizon. This is what the astrologers referred in their writings, this is what drives all Calendars, the movement of the earth through the Universe.

Astrology is the first religion, and basis for all religions after.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Yes, its also called the precession of the equinoxes. It's how the earth views the stars as it moves through the galaxy. And the only reason we have a precession at all, is because of the earths tilt on its axis.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ariel bender

This could be true, however, astrology has become a very mixed up subject. There is much false information out there, especially horoscopes, and because of that, when people think about astrology, they instantly dismiss anything they learn.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Yup, the interesting aspect with all this of course is that there is a 13th zodiac sign that doesn't seem to quite fit in with our symmetrical 12 months - 12 signs understanding.

edit on 23 Oct 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

If I understand your question , the reason 13 months were used in calendars was because the calendar at the time was based on the moon cycles rather then what we use now , the sun .

If I remember correctly , the 13 th month was added only once every few years , kinda like how we make use of a leap year . Once again , if I am not mistaken this 13th month was added between august and september ?
edit on 23-10-2010 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The suns rotation around the galactic center also plays a very important part in all of this.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Max, I honestly don't know. I am not well versed in this subject and do not know the full history. I do know that mentioning the 13th sigh to the horoscope folks will often drive them nuts.

I didn't mean to derail x's thread with this, it just always made me wonder ... it probably merits its own thread if there isn't already one out there.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

4x7x13 = 364

How great would it be if we could have the same number of days in every month. Sunday always the 1st, Monday always the 2nd, etc?

Of course one day left over. Guess we could all just take the day off.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

reply to post by sremmos

Another poster already answered, Sisyphus. I had forgotten the name and was hoping someone else would remember and got lucky, haha.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

As it was told to me the aliens whole bible is about the zodiac and the myths upon your world.
my Gemini’s got into the war between earth and water, it started with JFK disrespecting the gods with the name Apollo and Gemini, they put a hit out on all Gemini’s who ..
‘CONTROL OR ADJUST TO THE CROWD“
John f Kennedy
Marilyn Monroe
Tupak shuker
Biggie smalls
George w bush sr
Big L
Lisa left eye Lopez
Nelson Mandela
Kanye west
These are all Gemini’s that they have either been killed or destroyed them with there flash of events hand held mind thing.
By the way saddam Hussein was a Taurus and Adolf Hitler was as well.
The triangle race controls the earth signs ,the reptilian control all the water sign human events of your world.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

reply to post by sremmos

Boy does it sound like the Sissyphaen task!!! (guy pushing rock)

"Sisyphus slyly asked Thanatos to demonstrate how the chains worked. When Thanatos did so, Sisyphus secured them and threatened him. This caused an uproar since no human could die with Thanatos out of commission."

So this human tricked the gods such that no human could die - no ages. His punishment for this and other trickery, barbarian acts and being "advanced!" was to have to push the rock up the hill for eternity. (death and rebirth forever)

"Sisyphus promoted navigation and commerce, but was avaricious and deceitful, violating the laws of hospitality by killing travelers and guests."
en.wikipedia.org...

Re Fifth world .. this is straight out of the bible or vice versa actually:

" It is told that everyone will have to choose between the two time frames—one leading to the Fifth World with our Earth, and the other (which will be very alluring, deceiving many) which will remove us from our Earth, taking us to oblivion."

How the heck are we supposed to know? Ive always thought the second coming referred to the aliens return and we are supposed to follow them off of earth for 'salvation' - saved from catastrophe.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
They mention the 5th world in the bible too?

Man, this is so deep. The zodiac is at the heart of everything to do with humanity. And it pains me, that no one, even on ats will talk about it. It's sad. When I talk to friends and family, if I mention the zodiac, they look at me like im an alien ( you believe that crap?) They automatically put the zodiac with astrology. But thats totally not true. The zodiac came first as a calander and a map of the stars and constellations, all the astrology crap came later. I really wish people would research the zodiac more, because I really do believe that it holds the answers to some of lifes greatest mysteries.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

With all the weird weather patterns, animal disappearances, chaos turmoil, wars and rumours of wars going on around the world, one can only wonder if the zodiac, and what the ancients said is true.

It's more than true.
What the Chaldean astronomers did to the Zodiac
in creating their version of Astrology is the crux of divine anger in the old testament.

[speaking to the Chaldean astronomers hidden among us]: You guys still can't figure out how to end the world like you promised can you. (slap to the face) Can you! Torturing humanities hopes for millennia with false promises that every thing will be fair in the end. What end? Who's end? Yours. Well, everyone is tired of waiting. Did our father ever call for an end of the world, or just for an end to inequality. The one you created. So now you'll get your end. And instead of millennia of tiny little judgments it'll be one big pill to swallow all at once. Things like, It'll rain gold. the grindstone of fame will dissappear into the depths, and plenty of blood to drink.

David Grouchy

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I want to hear what people think about the zodiac.

The zodiac has been completely corrupted with cartoon characters drawn over the original science. These cartoons are called constellations. All of life is being opressed by some crayon drawings that have obscured the real use. A person is better off carving idols from wood and worshipping them than they are if they connect the dots of stars with man made lines and worship their own projected thoughts.

David Grouchy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join