It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Like someone said earlier, at the end of the clip she moves a finger like she is pushing her hair under her hat. Maybe she either starts to talk to the kid coming into frame or realises she is on camera and says something in the vein of "Oh bloody hell don't film me when I'm in drag coz the wife could see this!".

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by kosmicjack

You mean early 20th century of course.

Um, yeah, that.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Very Interspersing

However some people have said the women or man is holding a ear hearing aid, which isn't impossible
-Hearing aid from the 1920s?
No in fact she would holding the hearing aid with her left, depending on the size from back.

-A music small box?
lol not even close,

-Smoking boxes?
No way, then why would she be talking to her self?

I would say its a cell phone, because reminds me of a person talking to one.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Very Interspersing

However some people have said the women or man is holding a ear hearing aid, which isn't impossible
-Hearing aid from the 1920s?
No in fact she would holding the hearing aid with her left, depending on the size from back.

-A music small box?
lol not even close,

-Smoking boxes?
No way, then why would she be talking to her self?

I would say its a cell phone, because reminds me of a person talking to one.

Not to be a party pooper here... but you can't discount hearing aids because of the time frame and then conclude cell phone within the same parameters!

Just sayin'

~Heff

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Excellent!

I wondered what type of cell phone could work across time and dimension.

Must be some new invention they have not invented yet.

Raist

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by allourep

Did you read past the OP? Not reading a thread before commenting is pretty lame. Go back and count how many people have posted the same argument about cell towers, then think about reading threads before commenting on them.

Sorry to pick on you bud, you are most certainly not the only one. It was your 'why am I even commenting' remark that got to me. Why indeed? WIthout having read through the thread you could well be reiterating something that's already been addressed. Oh wait - that's exactly what just happened.

And ps - the argument is moot; time travelers would not be limited by our standards in communications technologies... if they can travel in time, they can probably manage to stay in touch with Ground Control...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well I still don't know what this person is holding in the video from the OP but I did find these pictures of old cells -- they do have antennas though but I believe most, or some, go up/down.

These pictures would explain the reasoning for the way the hand is holding the supposed cell phone is in the OP, since they are [much] bulker than todays cellphones.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2381fc2cdbbd.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b95dbb9dd0fc.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 10/21/2010 by highlyoriginal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I'm not into the "time traveler" theory, but I would think there would be some type of medium, like a ship to carry the individual(s). I guess we could look at stargate theory, but that really doesn't seem relative here. "IF" this was actual footage and "IF" the wo(MAN) was carrying a communications device it seems they should have the technology to support it-So why couldn't they have no temporal displacement at all- be- (Semi) local?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Anyway...I just thought it was neat that these looked so much like modern day cell phones.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/229e60ee8704.jpg[/atsimg]

I think you may have gotten this solved.
Good find!

- Lee

Great, OutKast you went back in time invented these things just so you could prove us wrong in this thread!!! J/K good find on these items I never knew or thought such things like that existed then. They kind of look like a mans electric shaver.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yea, I thought he was strange too especially the way the two of them walk insync it really looks weird

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Great ideas guys, really. The simplest solution is probably the best, and so hearing aids back then is probably what this person is using. However, did anyone bother to go out and view the actual DVD? Ive yet to see someone who has done, just that. Can we have confirmation that this appears on the DVD at all?

Great clip!
edit on 10/21/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Now we do all know that the silent movies were all about exagerated movements and parodies.

Further that this was a Hollywood film set.

I think ATS needs to get out more!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Can someone PLEASE tell me were I parked my delorean

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I like how some people immediately go, it cant be a cell phone since where would the cell phone towers be to support them?.. talk about a lack of thinking sideways. As if this individual comes from our period of time, since as as far as Im aware, we dont have time travel booths on every street corner yet. Im not gonna really give an opinion, since to me it could be mundane or truly out there, there isnt really anything to give concrete support for either explanation.

Must admit its a damn neat clip, the thing thats worrying me though is... am I the only one that feels like they've seen this footage before? (yes even just mentioning that on ATS will bring all sorts of trouble).. im sure ive seen this clip brought up before, the problem with that is I also remember seeing it with the guy from the start of the vid.

A slight Deja Vu moment to say the least... and i dont have them all to often.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Looks like she is holding a microphone in her hand, possibly from this device or a similar one.

www.hearingaidmuseum.com...

The microphone dimensions are quite similar to a modern day cell phone.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Now we do all know that the silent movies were all about exagerated movements and parodies.

Further that this was a Hollywood film set.

I think ATS needs to get out more!

Once more;
this is not a Hollywood movie set. Geesh...... It is the Hollywood premier for a Charlie Chaplin movie AT Mann's Chinese Theatre.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
In case this hasn't been mentioned already, for the timetraveller talking on a mobile phone theory to actually work mobile phone towers would need to be built in order to get a signal. Think about it, when you're stranded in the middle of nowhere and can't get a signal on your phone it's because a) you're too far from a mobile phone tower or b) the signal is blocked by trees/mountainous terrain etc. So for this scenario to be plausible mobile phone towers would need to be built at that time. Highly unlikely as the technology wasn't invented yet.

Interesting video though.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by OldDragger
Highly suspicious.
If he's a "time traveler", who would he be speaking to on a cellphone?
I'm pretty sure service was spotty in 1928. not many towers then.
I'd like to see the original movie. Does it seem very likley that Chaplin would film this guy talking on a strange device and nobody would inquire what he was doing? Wouldn't even be curious?
Something fishy here.

Haven't you ever seen doctor who? His companions cell phone (with a little change) could work across space and time.

That was definetly my first thought. I was looking for David Tennant running through the scene with his sonic screwdriver....Allons-y!!! Yes that is the tardis in my avatar hahaha

link   
reply to post by Beast Of Gevaudan

Oh its been brought up, several times actually. I don't blame you though, the threads replies are getting thick! What's to say that the technology couldn't be from the not so distant future? Perhaps the device being used does not require what our cell phones need today. I wonder what a person from the 80s or 90s would think after seeing this?

link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
Well I still don't know what this person is holding in the video from the OP but I did find these pictures of old cells -- they do have antennas though but I believe most, or some, go up/down.

These pictures would explain the reasoning for the way the hand is holding the supposed cell phone is in the OP, since they are [much] bulker than todays cellphones.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2381fc2cdbbd.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b95dbb9dd0fc.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 10/21/2010 by highlyoriginal because: (no reason given)

Thats a good possibility, allthough i have i different theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join