It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+173 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
OK ATS
this is what you are all here for, annalytical skills.
Check this footage from the 1928 film The Circus,
The footage is appearing on a guys youtube also promoting his film festival, so apologies on that, but he found it, so spose he can garner the attention for what he wants

Basically there is a woman/man in drag walking in a scene talking on what appears to be a mobile phone.....
Watcha y'all think? Have a lookie !

Was Charlie Chaplin a time traveller? he made loads of money and cornered a market.....lol
Or was it a day tripper saying yeeehah guess where i am?
Or a lady clutching nothing with a shadow in her hand?

What would you do if you could time travel? Checkout this clip from the behind the scenes footage from the 1928 Charlie Chaplin movie ‘The Circus’. This short film is about a piece of footage that a fan named George Clarke found from behind the scenes in Charlie Chaplins film ‘The Circus’. Attending the premiere at Manns Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, CA – the scene shows a large woman dressed in black with a hat hiding most of her face, with what can only be described as a mobile phone device – talking as she walks alone. George’s only theory is simple… it’s a time traveler on a mobile phone. I like how George thinks. Check it out yourself and see what you think. Just don’t try to think about things like the nearest cell tower. I can just hear Doc Brown saying it now, “Marty. You’ll never guess where I am! Mann’s Chinese Theater to see Charlie Chaplin.” My theory is that Charlie Chaplin was the time traveler and he must’ve brought someone back. I even found another video of Chaplin showing up in the future!

daveandthomas.net...

New video embed:

edit on 21-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: miming a spell check

edit on 4/21/2017 by Zaphod58 because: Added new video link

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wish I had sound....I give it about 1 hour before it's debunked.

Nice find, though. S & F!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well if that aint interesting to someone who has no explanation for it than I don't know what is!

The person appears to be walking with their hand to their ear, and speaking at the same time.

Either it is a cellular device, or a wrist com thingie...but I have no idea how old those are.

The person SEEMS to be trying to hide their face, maybe even has a fake nose? That's the first thing I noticed "Wow what a big ol' shnoz!"

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Wish I had sound....I give it about 1 hour before it's debunked.

Nice find, though. S & F!

LOL well thats what the gangis here for right?
cool footage though.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That is pretty cool indeed. I was kind of like whatever at first until they slowed things down and you could actually see his lips moving like he was talking. Crazy stuff. Maybe somebody has done some research on this in the past and could enlighten us.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I will just say what the possible explanations could be.

1.An ear injury.
Holding something to the ear to stop the bleeding.

2.Some people like to listen to seashells,could it be as simple as that??
Crazy I know but it is a Chaplin movie and he was a tad quirky.

3.Putting a cupped hand to the ear with nothing in it.

I really am not sure.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Yes its interesting, is it a guy or woman?
Are they hiding?
Are they actually holding a device?
Do they recognise the camera?
They are definatley talking, either to themself of someone.....DAaahh Daaah Daaaahhhhh!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nice Catch!

second.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

This is a very new find, this guy found it on the dvd just in September I think? He posted you tube in October...looked for annalysis, could only find one article.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I don't know if that's proof of anything. The shadow matches the shape of her hand. She could be walking while b!tching about a toothache. There's just no way of knowing, but I doubt a time traveller wandered onto a film set, and was dumb enough to appear on camera.
Isn't being non-influentual, invisible, and to NOT BRING ANYTHING FROM YOUR TIME BACK!!! kind of the three basic rules of time travel? Not that it may affect the future, but that it may create a destructive alternate universe.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

EEEEEeee its eeire!
(pun intended, fnar fnar)
good possible explanations drums hun!
Sea shells, the conches you hear the sea in, had to be bigger to hear i thought?
And this looks like a black sliim object.

+53 more 
link   
Highly suspicious.
If he's a "time traveler", who would he be speaking to on a cellphone?
I'm pretty sure service was spotty in 1928. not many towers then.
I'd like to see the original movie. Does it seem very likley that Chaplin would film this guy talking on a strange device and nobody would inquire what he was doing? Wouldn't even be curious?
Something fishy here.

link   
Very interesting

its the proof that timetravellers do exist

S&F nice find

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

A Legacy of Innovation: Timeline of Motorola History, 1928-2009 Since 1928, Motorola has been committed to innovation in communications and electronics. Our company has achieved many milestones in its 80-plus year history. We pioneered mobile communications in the 1930s with car radios and public safety networks. We made the equipment that carried the first words from the moon in 1969. We led the communications revolution with the first commercial handheld cellular phone in 1983 and the first all-digital high-definition television (HDTV) technical standard in 1990. Today, as a global industry leader, excellence in innovation continues to shape the future of the Motorola brand. See Motorola history highlights below, or download the complete text: A Timeline Overview of Motorola History, 1928-2009 (20 page PDF; 1.06 M)

Timeline of Motorola 1928-2009

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I don't really have much explanation as to what that could be.
I am just shooting from the hip on this one.

Can someone make zoomed in still pictures so we can dig our teeth into it??

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

That's the main thing I am thinking as far as "cell phone"

Unless in the future they have super high tech phones that work between dimensions.

My vote now is either with a ear/tooth ache, or a wrist communications device.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sum1one

LOL BAM! INteresting year of inception for Motorolla....1928!!!!
Did they find a phone? Took em a while to work it out? Lmao
OK its kooky the 1928 coincidence, thanks sum for the info

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

My spin on a feasible explanation...

She's an extra or passerby - or even a male tapped to portray a female passerby, doing a pick-up shot for the promotional footage - newsreel coverage of the movie premiere.

Long story short... an extra (male or female) tapped to do a walk-by scene (notice that the sign in the background promotes the Chaplin film "Circus") - this extra not being experienced or aware of protocol is simply trying to cover their mouth from the camera while talking to the director/producer/cameraman or whoever...

"OK, _______, now walk past the zebra - act natural and don't look at the camera. You're supposed to be just a shmoe on the street"

*covering mouth with hand* "Like this Mr Camera guy? Am I doing good? I'm walking like you said. Oh, wait, I just looked at the camera... haha."

"Yeah... you did fine."
"Hey, Billy... scrap this footage and find me a better extra, willya?"

Little did anyone know that years later an archivist would come across this footage, catalogue it, and include it in a DVD.

That's my theory. A bad amateur actor trying to cover the fact that he/she was talking during filming.

~Heff
edit on 10/21/10 by Hefficide because: grammatical faux paus

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Good on ya heff!
Like the extra in drag explanation.

The ear clutch isnt the ear being clutched, but a possble object to the ear...it is a odd behaviour.....for back then...given the talking talking part....

I'm with Drums, hope someonce can post a still we can look at.
edit on 21-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Highly suspicious.
If he's a "time traveler", who would he be speaking to on a cellphone?
I'm pretty sure service was spotty in 1928. not many towers then.
I'd like to see the original movie. Does it seem very likley that Chaplin would film this guy talking on a strange device and nobody would inquire what he was doing? Wouldn't even be curious?
Something fishy here.

Haven't you ever seen doctor who? His companions cell phone (with a little change) could work across space and time.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join