It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I'm sorry to break this to you, but it is possible for balloons to be stationary in the sky for a few minutes. I have seen it with my own eyes. You know, there is not always wind, right? You know, it is possible the balloon was moving, just so little that it was hard to see it moving.

But what am I kidding, you are just going to think of several reasons to dismiss what I just said anyway.
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

You're not breaking anything to me
My heart is not set on this being of ET intelligence, however, I myself have never seen helium filled balloons hover at one altitude. I have only seen them travel upward until they are completely gone from sight. Wind or no wind, they will continue rising because they are filled with helium and will eventually burst once they cannot continue upward. I'd like some scientific explanation of this... my mind is open though. But I'm not buying that video of the silver balloons and the kids just yet.

this article may answer some of your doubts about hovering helium balloons.

www.ukqna.com...

thanks

rich

mwaaaaaaah Rich! Bravo!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
"First report came in at 9AM. First description these UFO had lights on them......

Please listen to C2C now.
www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

and i agree, balloons and planes.

thanks

rich

Oh, I think you've made that quite clear.
I believe you, promise!!
I just don't think it takes hundreds of senseless, provocative, insulting, patronizing, and childish posts to get that across. Thanks!

edit on 15-10-2010 by Wookiep because: to adjust quote

I am under the impression that Rich can be some sort of a troll in threads. But to be fair I honestly think in this thread people were instigating. At least thats what I witnessed...but I could be wrong...It's not like it's never happened =P

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
"First report came in at 9AM. First description these UFO had lights on them......

Please listen to C2C now.

I'd love too, but the link isn't too clear on how to do that.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IzzycomesinPeace

I am under the impression that Rich can be some sort of a troll in threads. But to be fair I honestly think in this thread people were instigating. At least thats what I witnessed...but I could be wrong...It's not like it's never happened =P

Well, we have 90+ pages of him in it starting with *his* "instigation" starting on page 3. (I'm being fair because he wasn't a total tool on page 1.) I actually did read this entire thread and his delivery sucks from post #2. It's all about delivery.

All that really needed to be done was well.. post #2. It's balloons!! Yay!!! Why the 100's posts after.. ?? nonsense? Well... anyway. It's unfortunate.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Wookiep because: to add clarity

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I don't even... Why is the simplest things so hard for me to do!? Is there a reason why I can't figure out how to listen to this station? Besides the obvious reason...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

and i agree, balloons and planes.

thanks

rich

Oh, I think you've made that quite clear.
I believe you, promise!!
I just don't think it takes hundreds of senseless, provocative, insulting, patronizing, and childish posts to get that across. Thanks!

edit on 15-10-2010 by Wookiep because: to adjust quote

Now you get it. And now.....YOU'RE ONE OF US

Just ignore that person. That person is useless and the more you discuss that person, the more that person eats it up. Please see that.

Coast to Coast is excellent. They are going out to find other witnesses. The story the MSM put out, is nothing like what happened. I implore you ALL to listen now.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I don't even... Why is the simplest things so hard for me to do!? Is there a reason why I can't figure out how to listen to this station? Besides the obvious reason...

Go to your state and pick an online station. Click and listen.

link   

Since when were you EVER worried about being "bashed up".

I know you are entirely too clever and intelligent to get into anything that you have not already figured out a few steps ahead of the current thread.

Careful though, this thread is like a Speed-Ball. I have quit many times in the last couple days. Sometimes in boredom and others in frustration of the banal and/or redundancy. Even claimed to going to bed, yet still I lurk.

Happy to see you have joined us.

Any substance to interject?

As Always Maybe...maybe not, My Warmest Regards,

t

edit on 15-10-2010 by alien because: ...removed reference to another Member...

link   
Anyone having trouble listening to CTC, here.
www.ksfo.com...

link   
reply to post by IzzycomesinPeace

IzzycomesinPeace.....

So what exactly makes you think these are balloons

I think that when you take into consideration points including (but certainly not limited to).....

The appearance of the objects.....

The behaviour of the objects.....

The available commentary.....

The available photos & video.....

.....the odds are very much stronger that we are looking at balloons, opposed to "alien craft", which is what people are intimating when they are arguing against the objects being balloons.

and planes?

The objects look exactly like stacked planes on approach to landing.

I am not surprised as to the number & frequency of those aircraft, in view of the description of specific events at that time & in view of the normal busy schedule therein (having flown into New York a few times I've seen how busy it gets).

I know that sounds like I'm trying to start a debate

I can't see much wrong with starting a debate!

but I'm honestly asking out of curiosity.

I extremely flattered you would seek my opinion!

The facts are constantly changing it seems like

I'm not sure the facts are constantly changing. To me the facts have seemed quite consistent & straightforward.

So...I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out what is actually credible.

That is always a problem & I think it takes a fair bit of time & experience to get used to navigating through such issues.

To be honest I've read a lot of your comments to most threads and I've actually started to respect your opinion.

Well once again, I am extraordinarily flattered by that.....many thanks.

...haha...I wish I never started posting in this thread it has done nothing but confuse me.

I might wished I'd never started, too!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 15-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Format

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

You could be right...I did try and read the full thread just in case there was useful information...but I started to skim and skip over comments when the drama started. So...I'm probably missing most of actually what happened...I'm really only judging by the beginning. So I'm probably not informed enough about the situation to actually disagree with you and make any type of valid point.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Well, we have 90+ pages of him in it starting with *his* "instigation" starting on page 3. (I'm being fair because he wasn't a total tool on page 1.) I actually did read this entire thread and his delivery sucks from post #2. It's all about delivery.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Wookiep because: fixing quote

well in my defence, it all started in the prediction thread, a lot of us were having a bit of fun, and it carried on to here, but a couple of people took it a little bit serious, and have since tried to bully me out of the thread, ive also had quite a lot of abusive private messages but i wont name and shame as i dont care! lol.

and most of my posts were actually replies to what people said to me, and also you may notice that i left it alone when i came back today but a certain 4 people wanted to carry it on and wouldn't drop it.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Witness: "Bright light with blue tail seen early morning and "Boom it was gone"

Here, try the station I'm listening to
www.wjno.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

This will prove to be interesting. how much longer is the show on, a while right?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Yeah.. maybe the facts aren't constantly changing. I'm not really sure why I'm having such a hard time making up my mind about this story. When I finally feel like I have an idea of what happened...something kind of gets thrown into the mix where it throws off my whole theory. Then when I think I know that a certain part of the situation is an absolute fact...it seems like something about that changes. But I'm glad my comment flattered you...at least I did something right in this thread! Ha!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Vickie "This goes on every night. UFO light show. Like a mid air run-way with lights suddenly appearing. There's a *beacon light' at 7PM almost every night then others show up then.....2 or3 line up and sits there for 20 minutes. Convoy of UFOs"

The speaker is saying this is not a false flag. It's the real thing.
(to me that's yet to be decided but, we'll see)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by XUAFxOmega

This will prove to be interesting. how much longer is the show on, a while right?

Not too much longer. I believe it's only scheduled for an hour and it started 50 minutes ago. But sometimes they go over their allotted time.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

well in my defence, it all started in the prediction thread, a lot of us were having a bit of fun, and it carried on to here, but a couple of people took it a little bit serious, and have since tried to bully me out of the thread, ive also had quite a lot of abusive private messages but i wont name and shame as i dont care! lol.

and most of my posts were actually replies to what people said to me, and also you may notice that i left it alone when i came back today but a certain 4 people wanted to carry it on and wouldn't drop it.

thanks

rich

Your explanation is fair, however as a result this thread turned in to a back-and-forth slew of nonsense due to the above. ATS deserves better, and you didn't handle this one very well. This is a message board filled with people who talk about the weird and unknown, and there are a lot of weird and unknown people on here... LOL. I would hope that the opinions of 4 others wouldn't sway you to the level we've witnessed in this thread. Mistakes happen, but common man!!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I love how he cut off the tabloid worker who was telling stories told by his drunk co-worker.
I hope we get some real witnesses from the event.

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join