It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IzzycomesinPeace
reply to post by Human_Alien

lol!!! Could you imagine? We'd set off balloons and another thread would be made. "Another sighting in New York"...i'm pretty sure everyone here would be thinking...."Here we go again..."

Just a thought though... You don't think maybe if we did do this it couldn't give us an idea? Sorry I'm a little behind..but was it confirmed that the airports were shut down at the exact same time as the sightings?
edit on 14-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: another thought

To recreate this we'd need the likes of a Myth Buster team. To simulate exact velocity and direction of wind.....precise location of launch etc. Eh, who needs it? Plus, Homeland Security probably has a new-fangled law against innocent balloon releases anyway

3 major NY/NJ airports delayed all flights roughly 6-7PM because of a gas 'smell' out on Long Island. Yup...makes PERFECT sense to me

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Yes...but if you have evidence thats a good starting point. They probably did have some involvement but who knows maybe something else went on that just happened to help their hoax? Keep me updated on your 4chan theory though! I am actually interested to see what you get out of it.

well like i say, they weren't involved in the main events, they were involved in other things that maybe created a mindset for people and also did things to add credence to these events being paranormal and to create a huge flap.

but like i say, although i know there was some involvement, its hard to prove.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I'm sorry to break this to you, but it is possible for balloons to be stationary in the sky for a few minutes. I have seen it with my own eyes. You know, there is not always wind, right? You know, it is possible the balloon was moving, just so little that it was hard to see it moving.

But what am I kidding, you are just going to think of several reasons to dismiss what I just said anyway.
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Yes...but if you have evidence thats a good starting point. They probably did have some involvement but who knows maybe something else went on that just happened to help their hoax? Keep me updated on your 4chan theory though! I am actually interested to see what you get out of it.

I am laughing right now because I am going to give you about one more hour to parley and bandy-about with this person before you ..............TURN INTO ONE OF US!!!!!
And just in case you look for it? The ignore feature is no longer!!!

I agree people. Oct 13th has come and gone. Now all we have to do is make it to the 20th without the market crashing then....it'll be smooth sailing into 2012 to our demise

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I'm sorry to break this too you, but it is possible for balloons to be stationary in the sky for a few minutes. I have seen it with my own eyes. You know, there is not always wind, right? You know, it is possible the balloon was moving, just so little that it was hard to see it moving.

But what am I kidding, you are just going to think of several reasons to dismiss what I just said anyway.
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

Ah but a 'few minutes' does not make for two and half hours though!. Unless we're doing quantum math now.
I'd go back to retrieve my YouTube interview with the person who claimed this but.....I have to be to work Saturday morning

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

lol! Yeah I can see that happening. oh well, if it does happen... I give you full permission to pop off with... "i told you so"

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

hahaha, you really are obsessed with me aren't you!

funny how these high horse merchants just cant let it drop and cant resist making veiled comments.

why dont you just move on and accept that im going absolutely nowhere no matter what you say.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Your obviously very skilled at your task. I also know the delay will only end up being a who can last longer game.

Stalemates are never enjoyable but at least there is always something to learn.

You know as well as I that if I take the time to review your now 174 post over the last 24 hours, I will not find the said substance I have requested.

This in turn will lead you to more misdirection of the New York Occurrence of 10/13/10.

I have what I was seeking for the time being and moving onto other interest.

Enjoyed the banter,

t

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot

oh dear, i get called a troll yet 4 people keep trying to provoke me.... pot, kettle, black

Asking questions equals provocation?

How is that the pot calling the kettle black?

Again, please show your proof, evidence or whatever that the New York occurrence of 10/13/10 was balloons and nothing else.

Substance,

t

that comment was mainly aimed at the last person that called me troll, which wasn't you

You mean me? And also i checked 4chan under tech, and paranormal you claim they were involved, but it isn't true, i have checked the comment and posts sections for this matter, so far they weren't involved.

Unless you got proof, please do post or otherwise your just spamming on this entire thread, no offense.

Don't attack other websites, if they weren't even involved.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

lol... Mythbusters....if only... you're right though... it would need to be like a exactly the same situation in order for it to prove anything. I could see me traveling to NYC getting ready to release balloons and getting tackled. "NO UN-AUTHORIZED BALLOON RELEASING MA'AM"

Well... all i can say.. I tried to contribute...but NO..you had to bring me back to reality. =P

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Rich I saw something over in pranks about 4chnl planning this on the 8 wouldn't it be convienant since someone saw the 13 NORAD guy to reschedule it and anyways just a thought if u hadn't seen jt

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
To One10 & RICH-ENGLAND

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Baked Beans, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam.

edit on 10/14/2010 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot

Your obviously very skilled at your task. I also know the delay will only end up being a who can last longer game.

Stalemates are never enjoyable but at least there is always something to learn.

You know as well as I that if I take the time to review your now 174 post over the last 24 hours, I will not find the said substance I have requested.

This in turn will lead you to more misdirection of the New York Occurrence of 10/13/10.

I have what I was seeking for the time being and moving onto other interest.

Enjoyed the banter,

t

well done, im pleased for you.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

YAWN

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Awesome! So we know we can trust the witness accounts on this thread about it being a UFO.. as much as we could trust witnesses on any other thread. Cool

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

YAWN

once again this proves my point, so for now i will avoid you since we dont have that button anymore

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rushunt
Rich I saw something over in pranks about 4chnl planning this on the 8 wouldn't it be convienant since someone saw the 13 NORAD guy to reschedule it and anyways just a thought if u hadn't seen jt

exactamondo, you my friend deserve a cookie, at least somebody is willing to check all avenues.

thanks

rich
edit on 14-10-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

YAWN

once again this proves my point, so for now i will avoid you since we dont have that button anymore

well done, its only took you two days to figure that out.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You know what would be interesting? To hear what that retired NORAD author has to say about yesterday event. Because either way it'll be a conundrum regardless what position he takes.
For I can't imagine him claiming "see, I told you so" or for that matter saying "Sorry about the mishap with the balloons, I was wrong". The ultimate Catch-22!
I wonder how his book is selling. Did it make Oprahs must-read book list?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You guys type too fast.... I can't even keep up!! What about the 13th though? Assuming that they would move the date back even if it's reasonable to think..is still speculation without evidence. Can you link the thread of 4chan talking about the 8th?

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join