It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch Fact or Fiction?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I never really could understand the bigfoot question..

there may be a species of primate that has to be studied...sure, why not..its not like such a notion is beyond possibility...theres tons of species that are being discovered every decade...granted, something as big as sasquatch should be easier to track down, but they might just be hypersensetive to noise and not like us noisy humans.

as far as their bones and such...good question actually, but then we don't really know how they treat their dead...they may bury it, or eat it bone and all, perhaps they toss all their dead in a single cave, etc...

I have no reason to doubt it, I guess I am just missing the amazing factor here....its a slightly evolved gorilla from what I can see

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer ,

Great thread , with good arguments from both sides . Personally , I believe the creature is real . Don't have any solid proof and my personal experiences are open to interpretation .

We have had numerous reports and sightings here in Oklahoma , several very convincing .

For any of you local Okies out there , here is the annual schedule for the Honobia Bigfoot Festival and Conference . Today is the last day . I won't be there , as it has all become too commercialized for my liking .

For those locals looking for an entertaining Saturday though , go check it out . Couple of good bands will be playing .

www.bigfootmountain.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Sorry SLAY, but absolute fiction IMO!

Somebody somewhere would have produced a body, body parts, or a skeleton by now, don't 'ya think?!?!?

I'm not buying the "they bury their own dead" excuse...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Thanks for that well researched walk down Bigfoot lane.

Real Bigfoot:

Fake Bigfoot:

I wish I could remember what Hollywood "classic" this Space Ape appeared in...but I would guess the time period would be the late 1950s/early 1960s...showing us the 'state of the' art in Ape Suits.

You don't need a bionic eye to sort out the real thing from the fake thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I don't really have an opinion, but I saw a show not long ago where a credited scientist went thru many different footprint casts found all around the world, stuck em in the computer, and was surprised to find out that many of them were nearly identical, whereas the obvious hoaxes stuck out like a sore thumb. In his opinion, there was something real and unknown out there, and the odds are slim that a hoaxer would go to such great lengths to travel all around the world and visit these remote places to perpetuate such a hoax. (Apologies if this was already discussed, didn't read the whole thread.)

Food for thought... maybe they are the descendants of the ancient giants talked about in the bible and other sources. It is strange that indigenous peoples all around the world have claimed to witnessed these giant apes.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I dont have a link but the most compelling evidence Ive seen that thePatterson film was a fake is based on the ankle structure of the "bigfoot" in question. Maybe someone could post something concerning the ankle if no one has already.

Laters

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I completely believe Sasquatch exist. Between their presumably heightened senses which would alert them to human presence at a distance and the fact that a good chunk of our forests remain unexplored in any detail, it's entirely likely they are living a blissfully human-free existence.

I just hope we never actually find them... lest they become caged lab rats and we prove once again the depths to which humans can sink.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I tend to believe that with the vast majority of lands covered in wooded areas and swamps it could be very easy for Bigfoot to live and never be located.

Looking at the picture and the size of the arms and the way they swing and the one wrist being bent up isn't natural. Observe the right arm and try to walk like that while turning your body to look back, it isn't easy or comfortable or natural in any way as I see it.

For myself I believe Bigfoot is a real deal.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that Pattersons footage is real.
For one, if it was a costume, where is it?

And two, how come the BBC, who spent lots of money on hollywood costume deiginers, couldn't even get close to the one in Pattersons footage, even though they had experts on it trying to recreate it.

It's an honest question.

Here's a video explaining it, with a photo of the original next to the photo of the BBC version of the original, and remember, they had costume experts on this, and that's the best anyone has done :-/

BBC Bigfoot

edit on 19 2uSaturday10 20 by vanhippi because: Bad Link

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here is the latest Bigfoot video.I like the effort they put into the face the rest,well not so much.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

honestly this is one of about 2-3 threads i've seen here on ats that has ever tipped my belief aboutsomething from no to yes. looking at those slow motion frames with the breasts and the muscles and the hair and especially the hernia, i think there's something to it.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here is the rest of the video.
[video removed]

edit on 10/2/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: excessive profanity

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Having seen the creature with my own two eyes, I am, as you may imagine, inclined to the "fact" side of the question.

My sighting, and thoughts on it.

Some of you are going to think... He got hoaxed. Or he's delusional. Or both. I know only what I saw, and the effect it had on me emotionally. It scared the whey out of me, not to put too fine a point on it. As I said in my thread, I went from a, supposedly, sophisticated modern human to a cave dwelling hunter-gatherer fearing what may live and move in the dark beyond the flickering light of my campfire. The modern sophisticate is, by all appearances, only skin-deep apparently.

I can't speak for others, but I have gone from a border line skeptic who wanted to believe, to an ardent believer. All it took was a short eye to eye contact over the space of twenty/thirty seconds to alter my perceptions of the world around me. I always suspected it was stranger than we knew, or want to know...now I know it is stranger than we know, or may want to know.

One of the more profound effects this has had on me, is that when I'm out and about in the hills above town, I don't quite trust the quiet of the woods anymore... ...and truth to tell? I don't much like that sensation.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I dont think Fact, at least not anymore, I think Bigfoot may have lived a not so long ago, but fiction as of now...

Who knows that's just my guess thou. I will say this thou, its easy to become unfindable if you so desired, you can get lost in the Appalachians easy..

Good job btw..

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Awesome story.
I have always wanted to witness something of that nature, but never have.
I only heard vocalizations.

Ok I read where you went back and saw nothing.
Interesting...

edit on 2-10-2010 by havok because: added info after I read the thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I like to believe in Bigfoot but as many people say the lack of evidence as in finding skeletons. But then again we Humans dont go leaving skeletons lying around somewhere, we bury our dead. Whos to say that if Bigfoots exist they dont bury their dead, i meen they have to be pretty smart to be hidden all the time. They must know about us and how we can hurt them. Thats if they existed. The supposed suit is very well made, i would like to see someone make one like that nowadays that dont work in Hollywood. If its a fake its so well done that i cant get my head round it, two random guys creating the Bigfoot suit that looks real. Who else are pros in this kind of stuff?
SECRET AGENCIES

Something is definatley up and i think its either real or its something to do with making us believe in this stuff.
Or its my paranoia!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Really,Really nice thread slayer69..

I love all the pics/vids/animations you put into it..

damn good job my friend! S&F for effort...

do i believe tho..that is the question..

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

I find it interesting that people are ready to believe the people involved in the patterson film that it was a hoax,yet are unwilling to believe all of the thousands of eyewitnesses,I'm referring to everyday people who have made no money off their claims(ie the forrest ranger the regular old dad type people)but they'll believe someone who supposedly lied in the first place?I don't get it,not to mention the scientist and people that specialize in areas of footprints and others.I for one believe they are out there,there are too many places in this country that are so remote that if you walked into them and got lost you would possibly never be found.well thats my two cents plus...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
do i believe tho..that is the question..

Oh i hear ya THAT is the question, is it/they real.

AGAIN Until we see a live specimen and or a skeleton we just wont know.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thank you for the head's up
Awesome thread !

I don't live anywhere near a big old forest, but...

In the film there are a few things that look real to me.

1. The movement of its legs arms head and derrière. It does not look like anyone in a costume. It looks perfectly natural.
2.The feet argument. You know, a polar bears fur is actually transparent ? It only looks white because of the snow. In summertime when they are on land waiting for the ice to return they are not white at all. The way they look is mainly caused by their surroundings.

Does the sasquatch not walk in something whiteish ?

3. Yes it looks clearly at the camera... Don't we feel looked at and on many occasions turn our head and discover we are actually observed by someone or thing ?

S&F !

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join